• Published 20th Apr 2020
  • 3,636 Views, 196 Comments

Ranger's Destiny (Undergoing Edited) - TasteDaRainbow



Rangers find themselves in a world full of colorful talking ponies and an adventure awaits them. A war is taking place on Equestria. How can they survive through all of this? And the most important thing is, will they ever get back home? God help us.

  • ...
21
 196
 3,636

The Gala

"Gang way! Gang way!"

"Out of the bloody way! Get a doctor!" Daniel hears a voice screams on his right. His vision is still blurry and pain shots through his chest.

"Back up! Back up!"

"Daniel! Wake up!" He hears Starlight screams. He blacks out for a moment.

...

"Dann! Stay with us!" He heard Twilight screamed.

"Daniel, please!" Rainbow exclaimed.

"Keep the pressure on the wound!" Daniel could hear voices of the rangers coming all around him.

"I'm trying! Hang in there my friend!" He slowly blacks out again from the loss of blood but he used all of his strength so as not to die. But the result was useless.

"We're losing him! Get the defibrillator!"

"Daniel!" Cadance shouted.

"Sugarcube!" He heard Applejack screamed.

"Daniel! I know you can make it!" Luna exclaimed.

"Stay with us, Dann!" Sunset shouted.

"DANNY!!" Pinkie chimed in.

"Charging! Three! Two! One! Clear!"

______________________________________________


Day 13 - 07:48
Sgt. Daniel Nicholas
1st Bn., 75th Ranger Regiment
Ponyville, Equestria

Daniel awoke in a hospital bed, and heard a faint beeping to the side of him. He groaned in sickness as he tried to sit up, but quickly lay down as pain shots through his chest. Looking down, he sees bandages wrapped around his chest as well as his left arm. He brings his arm in front of him and inspects it. He only wore his camo pants when he realized how cold the room is. He quickly grab the bed sheet and covers his body.

"Ahh, Sergeant Daniel, you're finally awake! How was your rest?" He hears. Looking to his right, he sees Nurse Redheart smiling and writing something on a clipboard.

"How long was I out?" He asked as she placed the food on a small tray next to his bed.

"Well, it's almost eight in the morning now," she replied, "And you're already passed out in the middle of the battlefield. According to everyone. Pretty much almost a day." Daniel nodded and laid down. He stared at the ceiling, not sure what to think. Sombra was dead, at least, he remembered stabbing him right on his neck, but was that just a hallucination? There was no way he could be sure. He sighed and turned his head over to the tray the nurse had given him. On it were two apples and a glass with what looked like orange juice. Cautiously, he grabs an apple and inspects it.

"I know it's not exactly fine dining, but we wanted to make sure you were able to eat any solid foods at all before we gave you anything larger," Nurse Redheart explained as she checked on his heart beat monitor. Daniel just held the apple in front of him for a while before he took a bite. He wasn't exactly hungry right now, but he figured he could take a bite of one of the apples just to be polite.

"Thanks Red," he said. The nurse nodded and said that there were people here to see him, and if it was alright they be sent in. Daniel nodded and placed the apple on the tray as he try to sat up again. He winced at the sudden pain but he ignored it.

"Sergeant, you're not fully recover yet. Please, stay in bed and let me take care of you." Daniel smiles at her and nods. He lay his head back to the pillow and shifted himself into a more comfortable position. Redheart walks out of the room and talk to someone outside. Just as he was about to let out a blissful sigh, the door bursts open and Applejack quickly rushed to him.

"Oh, sugarcube! Ah'm so glad yer okay!" She exclaimed as she hugged him tight. The pain shots through his chest and it took every ounce of him to not yell at Applejack, but she felt it and immediately let go off the hug. "A-Ah'm sorry." Her ears droop in the most adorable way possible.

"It's alright," he said softly, "Get up here." He said before giving a hand gesture. Applejack gladly accepts and immediately jumping onto the bed and gently laying down on his chest, trying her best not to hurt him in any way. She gently nuzzled his neck before resting her head right over his heart. The beat relaxed her and she let out a loving sigh. Daniel wrap an arm around her, holding her tightly against him. His free hand goes to her hat as he take it off and put it on his head before he run his fingers through her mane. Applejack shivers and wraps her fore hooves tightly around his chest as Daniel continue to lovingly caress her mane.

"Morning, Sarge. Good to see you're all right," he heard the voice of his friend. He lift his head and saw all of the rangers walked in, along with the Elements, Shining and Air Burst. All of them were smiling at him. The young sergeant smiles back while hugging Applejack.

"She was very worried about you, darling," Rarity chuckles.

"I know... I bet you all worried about me." Daniel replies with a smirk and hugs Applejack tighter against his body. The Elements couldn't help it anymore. All of them then rushed to him and gave him a group hug. The ponies all said to him that how much worried they are but Daniel just said that it was nothing. The ponies break the hug but Applejack still clinging to him. Daniel didn't mind about it. Though, his chest burns like a fire, not coming from the pain, but for the burning passion he have for this mare. He don't know why but, he felt comfortable whenever he's around her.

"You know," Rainbow started, "You look pretty awesome with that hat."

"Yeah, just don’t get too used to it, it’s goin' right back where it came from," Applejack said bluntly. Daniel chuckles and hugs her tighter.

Chase walks to him and give a pat on the shoulder, "You did it Niel. You killed him." He says smiling. Daniel smiled as well. So it hadn't been a hallucination. He really had ended that psychopath's life. It was finally over. Equestria was free of his plague forever.

Looking over to Forbes, he saw him wiping his hands with a rag, which had black stains on it. "What happened after he's dead? I mean, did his army retreat? And what about the Timberwolves and the Manticores?" He asks. Forbes chuckled and shook his head.

"They didn't even get the chance. About the second you killed Sombra, the creatures just vanished. Except for the ponies. All of them stopped the fight and looked at the body of you three, but they focused on their leader." He said as he tossed the rag onto the bed Daniel had been resting on.

"All of the ponies then dropped their weapons to the ground," Twilight continue, "It seems without their leader, they have no idea what to do."

"As for the Timberwolves and the Manticores, without their leader and creator, they had nothing that could keep them connected to this place. That's why they disappeared. They seemed to be in pain as they started to fade away. It was kind of amusing to watch," Johnson said.

"You've sure proven your worth, Sergeant," Shining said and give him a salute.

"You too, Captain," Daniel replies and nods.

Air Burst come to his front, then smiled. "Nice work out there, Sarge. Must have been a heck of a fight with all that stuff down there."

Daniel chuckles, "You have no idea..." Daniel then realises something. "How many of our losses?" He asks now quite hesitant. Chase lowers his head and lets out a sigh.

"We lost three tanks, two choppers, more or less thirty rangers total." Daniel sighs and looks up at the ceiling. Applejack nuzzles more to his neck in attempt to comfort him. It did some how.

"It's alright," Daniel says as he stroke Applejack's mane, "Still, they were the best brothers I ever had." Looking over to Rarity, he saw her looking unbelievably excited. Even more so than she should be, something else must have been going on for her to be that excited. Daniel raised an eyebrow. "Uhh... Rarity? Why are you smiling like that?" All of them then turned their gaze towards Rarity.

"Oh darling, you won't simply forget about our conversation before, right?" She asked dramatically.

Daniel looked back at Applejack who is still on his grasp while trying to process what the fashionista had said. His eyes widened when he realized what was about to happen. "Wait a second," he looked back at Rarity, "Don't tell me..."

Rarity, looked around the room, then leaped with excitement as she gave her news. The Gala was on, and she was going to make clothing for everyone. The ponies all talked excitedly, but the rangers couldn't be more confused.

"The what now?" Zano asked as he looked at Daniel. The sergeant sighed. He knew exactly what Rarity was talking about. That dance she had mentioned not long after he had first arrived. Daniel looked back at Applejack and realised she was now sleeping in his arms, smiling as she does. He chuckled and kissed her on the forehead and looked back at the rangers.

"Hope you boys like dancing."

Three days later...

Daniel rose his hand to his head in a salute as another casket came down the aisle. Around him, ponies were lined up in rows, each with their particular "mourning" outfits. They mostly consisted of black, and none had bright colours. To his right and left, the rangers each saluted to the casket as well, neither of them happy to be where they were. It was the funeral for the fallen. A while after the attack in Baltimare, it was decided that instead of individual funerals, the dead would all be honoured in one ceremony, that would last as long as it needed to. The scent of roses hung in the air as ponies tossed them into the path of the caskets, honouring those that had passed. Daniel gave a quick sniff as he tried to control his own emotions. He couldn't help but feel that he was responsible, even though everyone said he did his best.

"With great victory... comes great sacrifice." He heard Chase whisper to him. Daniel gave a slight nod, then turned his attention back to the funeral. Across them, the Elements wearing all black outfit. Another casket passed, and the name of the deceased was given, along with requests of old stories that others had with the dead pony. The priest called for anyone that had known the soldier personally, and if they had anything to say. A young light purple filly stepped up, along with a mare holding her hoof. Daniel nearly shed a tear on this one. The young one had lost a family member no doubt, but who it was, he couldn't be sure. The young girl placed one brightly colored daffodil on the coffin, along with a picture of her holding the hoof of a larger pony.

"I'll miss you, Daddy," she said as a tear running down her cheek. Daniel sighed while ponies around her cooed. He briefly lowered his head, overcome with guilt over watching the child carry so much grief. The priest went on to say he would not be forgotten, and would always be remembered as a brave soldier. The casket went away, and the family left to see him buried. Daniel looked down the aisle, and shed a tear from grief when he saw this one. It was human sized. The casket came to a halt in front of them, and the priest announced everything.

"Here is Staff Sergeant Finn Maverick." Hearing this, Daniel looked down to the ground as he felt a surge of guilt run through him. "He bravely succumbed to a magic attack just saving a pony's life that he doesn't even know who. He fought long and hard during his life, and in times like now... it is important to remember that he knew this could happen. But he risked his life anyway, because he knew that it was the right thing to do." The priest said, his glasses slightly falling from his face. He smiled and placed a hoof on the casket, patting it gently.

"Finn was a brave man, giving up everything he knew for the sake of others. We commend him for that. His sacrifice will never be forgotten amongst us." The priest continued. He patted the casket once more, nodding as he backed away. Dani lowered his hand and stepped forward. Looking around, he could see the grief stricken faces of many, with some questioning eyes. He focused on the casket, giving it a quick pat, sighing.

"I would never thought you'd end like this brother," he said, everypony lowered their heads as they heard him speak, "But I remember you always told me that; warriors are not always the fastest or the strongest men. But they're always the ones who gets there first and give the strongest fight." A tear ran down his cheek as he remembered all of his time with the sergeant. "And there's no bullet, no shell, no demon in hell... shall break this bond called... brothers." A smile slowly curls up on his lips and he looked back at the ponies. All of them watching him with sadness in their eyes but Daniel continues to smile at them. "These days, for he who had shed his blood with me... shall be my brother." He turned back to the casket and give it a final pat. Behind him, Chase stepped forward, placing his own hand on the casket.

"He's a great guy," he says quietly. Daniel nodded and both of them fell back, returning to their saluting positions as the casket was carried away. Another human sized casket came down the aisle.

"Here is Corporal Jerry Alexander..."

Five days after the Funeral...

Day 20 - 17:54
Sgt. Daniel Nicholas
1st Bn., 75th Ranger Regiment
Ponyville, Equestria

Daniel watched as Chase tried to figure out which way he was supposed to tie his bowtie. The Grand Galloping Gala was only a few hours away, and Rarity had made all the soldiers tuxedos for the evening. The Elements are already off to the Gala to help the Princesses preparing all of the stuff they need.

He heard a groaning sound behind him. Turning around, he saw Forbes fumbled with his bowtie, getting his hand caught in the instrument. He groaned as he pulled his hand out of it, and shook his head as he went at it again. "How on Earth am I suppose to put this goddamn thing on?" Daniel chuckled and shook his head as he finished tying his. He stepped back and placed his hands behind him, observing himself in a mirror. He wore a jet black tuxedo, with a small, snow white collar surrounding his neck. In his right torso pocket was an orange flower, and underneath it was an American flag. He looked down to his arm, carried a collar around his wrist, with several black buttons around it. He twisted and observed the palm of his hand, still had marks from where the battle gloves had been.

"Not a bad designer, I'll give her that." He hears from his side. Looking over, he sees Johnson, finishing tightening the collars around his wrist. Like Daniel, he had a jet black tuxedo with a collar, but he had a white flower, and the American flag under it. Daniel noticed that all of the rangers' flowers are white except for him. He wonder why Rarity would give him an orange one.

"To be honest, I do like fashion," one of Tirpitz tank crew men chimes in, "One of my mom's professions."

"So that's why you become a tanker," the Tripitz commander says, "Can't able to shoot with weapons, heh?"

"They forced me to." Daniel shakes his head and chuckles at his rangers as they continue to doing random things. He then walked to the door, opened it and went outside. Looking up to the skies, he could see it's normally blue atmosphere turn to a light shade of orange as twilight descended into dusk. A few stars had already made an appearance, and the moon was just starting to appear over the horizon as the sun began to set. Daniel smiled and sat down on a nearby chair as he watched the skies. Peace. It is something every soldier longed for... dreamed of experiencing, where you don't have to worry about anyone getting home safely, because they already are. Finally, he was a part of it. A soldier who fought for liberty and freedom, finally getting the reward that all soldiers wanted deep down. No more fighting, no more watching the endless bloodshed. It almost seemed to good to be true.

"Hey, Sarge." He heard a voice calling him. He turned around and saw Chase walking towards him, casually taking a seat next to him. Daniel nodded and looked back to the sky, watching as the sun continued to fall farther down the mountain top, making way for the moon.

"You think it's out there?" He heard Chase ask. Daniel turned to him and raised an eyebrow, asking what he meant.

"Home... Earth... you think it's out there?" He asked again. Daniel just shrugged. He hadn't really been thinking about Earth lately. Home seemed so far away. He could only imagine how far away it was; light years probably.

"I think it's out there, Private. I don't know when we'll see it again though." He replied. Chase nodded and laid back in his chair, tracing the stars in the sky with his eyes, as though trying to memorize their patterns. He sighed as he lounged back, trying to get comfortable in his tux. Daniel watched as the sky began to fade into a light shade of purple, indicating the beginning of the falling night.

"Let's be honest... we all miss Earth," Forbes suddenly said from behind them but the two brothers didn't care it too much. They just watching the beautiful evening sky. Something you always wanted to see back on Earth. "But on here," Forbes continue, "I could watch this beautiful scenery and never have to fight a war again. I bet every soldier dreamed about this."

"You betcha," Daniel replied.

"Wonder what's happening back there," Chase said as his eyes shifted towards his front. Daniel looked at him, and noticed him with his chin resting in open hands, covering his mouth and part of his nose. The young sergeant shook his head.

"There's no way we can be sure. But what I do know is that as long as there are men like us, they won't stop fighting. Especially the General," Daniel said with a slight smile. Chase and Forbes chuckled and shook their heads.

"Yeah, probably right. Just wish I could know what was happening. You know? With your family and stuff?" Chase asked. Daniel turned away, rubbing his hands uncomfortably, and Chase immediately looked down.

"Sorry... forgot..." He said as he rubbed the back of his head. Daniel shook his head and told him it was fine. The sun had all but vanished now, and the moon moved higher into the night sky, giving a white glow to the stars and the trees, while ponies around them walked around, buying various things, like life had never been different. Daniel smiled. It was sights like this that made him proud to be a soldier. Seeing peaceful towns, where civilians didn't have to worry about being attacked and they can rest easily.

"Princess Luna's masterpiece," Chase chuckled.

"We did a good work here," Daniel said aloud. He looked over to Chase and Forbes, and saw them nod, smiling.

"Yeah... we did kid," Forbes replied, "Though, we lost many rangers in the battlefield." He let out a sigh. Forbes shook his head, looking back down to the ground.

"At least they gave their lifes for what they believed in. What every soldier is trained to do." Daniel said to him. Forbes nodded. Daniel then continue to watch the night sky. He heard the door opened and turned around, seeing the others walk out the doorway.

"Come on boys," Johnson said as he gestured his hand to follow them, "It was off to Gala now."

______________________________________________


Daniel looked at the castle, shining in the night. A vast array of precious gems had been added to the castle, giving it a spark unlike he had ever seen before. Not since the last time he was here. He looked to the left, seeing several other ponies smiling in fancy outfits, each chatting excitedly about the Gala. He sighed, looking up to the moon. A single moon.

"Just like Earth," he said out loud.

"What was that, Sarge?" He heard Chase asked next to him.

Daniel chuckled and shook his head. In front of the door leading to the castle were decorative portraits of each of the guards. Underneath each were words thanking each soldiers, respectively. He allowed himself a slight smile as he watched the Royal Guards, out of uniform, enter the Gala and get swarmed by ponies thanking them. They had earned it. This gala was the very first to have a special purpose; to celebrate the end of the war, and honour the veterans who fought in it. As opposed to the funeral, which honoured the fallen. The day of the funeral had become a worldwide holiday. The ponies were going to call it Memorial Day. How ironic. Daniel thought. He looked back at the entrance. With one final exhale, he stepped forward, followed by the rangers behind him. Instantly there was a faint cheering, which erupted into full blown applause.

"Rangers lead the way!!"

"Leave no man behind!!"

"We'll bring you home!!"

Ponies everywhere chanted the slogan of the Rangers, showing their thanks. Daniel smiled and continued to walk forward, throwing his fist into the air. The ponies cheered even harder, and some began to shout the slogan of the Air Force as Phillip stepped in. He smiled and waved as several ponies cheered for him as well.

"I feel like a hero right now," Zano says between the applause. Daniel chuckles.

"You are one Zano. Just try and get used to it." He replies with a smile. Zano nods and continue to waves at the ponies that are shouting his name.

...

As things progressed, the soldiers gather around and laughing at each other as they began their conversation. Some ponies even joined and asked about their world. Daniel smiled as he fast embraced with Applejack, who was wearing a remarkable dress. Behind her was none other than her friends.

"Whatcha think hon," she asked as she pulled away from the hug.

"Beautiful as always," Daniel replied and kissed her on the cheek. She blushed furiously but immediately hides it away with her hat. Daniel laughed at her and stood up. But to be honest, he was at a loss for words. This was breathtaking. A large flash of white light began to form at the top of the stairs, and the light bounces off of the chandeliers, giving the entire castle a rainbow like aura.

"Rangers," Daniel hears an authoritative voice. Looking to the top of the stairway, he sees Princess Celestia, Princess Luna and Princess Cadance. The three of them are smiling, and staring proudly over the soldiers. Daniel gets down onto one knee, bowing his head. The others quickly do the same.

"Princesses," he says. Celestia tells them to rise, and they comply. Daniel brings his arms behind his back, and Princess Luna steps forward. The room becomes deathly quiet, and Luna closes her eyes. She gives a satisfactory sigh and observes each of the soldiers.

"We would like to personally thank each, and every single one of you. For your courage, your determination, and most of all, your sacrifices." Princess of the Night began. Daniel nods. Ponies around the room give their agreeing statements, and Princess Luna continues. "You led the charge to free our kingdom, when nopony else could. You endured every painful blow on that battlefield, taking every strike that Sombra threw at you. Yet, never did you back down. Never did you fall back, instead you led with the heart of a true warrior. Leading troops into the most hazardous of missions, and putting your lives on the line for the sake of a race that was not your own."

Daniel nodded and looked behind him. The rangers carried the same proud smiles, taking in every single word that the Princess said. Luna smiled and looked over to Celestia, who nodded. Turning back to the soldiers and the crowd, she began again, "Had it not been for you, we may never have won this war. Your determination and bravery caused hundreds of thousands of ponies to stand and fight against Sombra's forces. We know you had to endure the tragic loss most of the rangers. Especially Finn and Jerry." Her expression had changed to a frown upon mention of the names of the soldiers.

"It's all right Princess," Daniel spoke up, "We-"

"Please, call me Luna." She smiles.

Daniel smiles back to her, "Excuse my rudeness, Luna. You cannot legistate the evil out of this world. In the end, you're going to have to give good men guns and set them loose." The Princesses tilt their heads as they trying to observe his words. They smiled as they did and Luna continued.

"We cannot thank you enough for everything you have done. But we would like to start by declaring all of you heroes. And honouring this day as one of celebration for what you have done." The Princesses stepped aside and in front of the rangers where a winding staircase ascends to a large grey blanket.

"What is that?" Forbes asked curiously.

"I know it's not worth it compare to the loss of your rangers," Celestia said, "But this is the least we can do to say our thank you." With that, the blanket dropped to the ground and there's a large window behind it. But what makes them astonished, is that on the window, Daniel could be seen leading the soldiers to battle behind him. An Abrams and a humvee on his left and right while a plane and two helicopters hoovering above them. There were two clouds are Finn and Jerry, standing and watching over the others. Daniel smiles. This was all so much of an honour, and each pony's cheers only made him more humbled. Most would be full of pride right now, but not him. Not of them were. They were grateful for all of this, but they knew that the real heroes were those that were gone. Especially the ponies that had trusted complete strangers and aliens in hope they could save their homes.

"For the love of God," one of the rangers said in awe.

"This is... beautiful," another one replied.

"Yeah..." Chase said.

"Princess..." Daniel stammered, "I... I don't know what to say..." He looked at the Princesses who were smiling at him. Daniel smiles warmly at them and nod. "Thank you."

"There's no need to thank us Daniel," Cadance speaks up, "Instead, we wish to thank you, for helping us from the beginning until the end of this event."

Luna then levitate a small glass from her left and raise it up high to the air. "FOR THE RANGERS!!" She shouted, smiling. The ponies cheering in excitement as they screaming the ranger's name. They soon started the Gala and that probably the best night ever for the rangers. Well... not all of them. Daniel suddenly remembers about... his choice. Son of a bitch.

Author's Note:

On going chapter: Decisions