• Published 20th Apr 2020
  • 3,636 Views, 196 Comments

Ranger's Destiny (Undergoing Edited) - TasteDaRainbow



Rangers find themselves in a world full of colorful talking ponies and an adventure awaits them. A war is taking place on Equestria. How can they survive through all of this? And the most important thing is, will they ever get back home? God help us.

  • ...
21
 196
 3,636

The Final Showdown

Operation Sombra a.k.a. Operation Onslaught
Day 12 - 13:42
Sgt. Daniel Nicholas
1st Bn., 75th Ranger Regiment
Crystal Empire, Equestria

"All right boys, this is it!" Daniel shouts in front of the Royal Guards. "The fate of Equestria is in your hooves! Let's bring a fight to Sombra!" The guards shouts back in confident tone.

"Lock and load!" Chase shouts over the several thuds and thumps that shake the carrier. Daniel loads his mag into his gun and looks over to Shining, who is nodding. He smiles and nods back.

They duck their heads as a large thump rocked the war train. "How the hell is this train could take so much damage?" Chase asks.

"The Princess have form a special spell to the train," Air Burst replies, "This train would last longer than we ever thought."

Daniel looked over to his helmet and observed it, rotating it to see each feature. Another thud rocked the train, and Daniel placed the helmet onto his head and pats it. His vision was restricted slightly, but not by much. A knight with a gun. He thought to himself.

"They know we're here," Daniel heard from his walkie. Soon, all of them begin to hear the minigun from the helicopter starts to firing, along with several rockets.

"Hoo boy, there's a lot of them," Forbes says. The troops could only listen and imagine what it's like outside of the train. "Watch out for those unicorns!"

"All right folks, you good to go," Dagger Two-One says to Forbes.

"Pegasi! Look out!" They heard Dagger Three-Three shrieks.

"They're messing up with the rotor! Back up! Back up!" Dagger Three-Two shouts. Gun fires still could be heard outside.

"There's too many of them!" Dagger Two-One says.

"Daniel, this is Dagger Two-One, Forbes and his friends already landed on the ground and now they're taking heavy fire from enemy's defensive line! You won't be having air support for the next couple of minutes. We're trying to get rid of these assholes first and we'll be back on our duty."

"Copy that, Dagger Two-One," Daniel replies.

"This is Jester One-One, ready for the gun run." Phillip suddenly says.

"Just fire with everything you got," Daniel says. Then, they heard a loud explosion, along with the jet passes by above them.

"Oh hoho man, I count fifteen plus KIA's, we'll be back for the gun run. Out."

"Firefly, what's your status, over?" Daniel asks.

"We're still on our way. Probably ten minutes."

"Make it fast."

"We'll do as fast as we could. Be careful out there, Sarge."

The train came to a stop, and Daniel looked over to Chase one last time. He nodded, as did he. Looking back over to the door, he prepared himself. Cocking his gun, he stood firmly in front of the door.

"This is for my friends," Daniel says. Though, he consider the ponies more than just his friends. They were brothers to him. And he would do anything to keep them alive. The door slides open and the troops rushed out of the train.

"FOR EQUESTRIA!!" Daniel shouts as he run towards the open field. The guards screamed and quickly poured out of the train and rushed towards their enemy. In front of them is an open field, with crystals spread everywhere. On the opposite side, Sombra's army already fortified themselves with crystals as their covers; just at the edge of the empire. They were firing their magic and arrows to the Royal army. Daniel saw Forbes, Zano and Johnson were lying down on the ground while shooting at the enemy. He slides down and joined them. Along with Chase and the Royal army. They're now only half way to the empire.

"This is really bad!" Zano shouts through the explosions. Sombra's men are now relentlessly bombarding the army with magic attacks and arrow barrages. This pinned down the Royal army from attacking further to the empire. Many hid behind crystals or laid flat on the ground.

A massive magic attack hit just near Shining's right flank. The massive explosion launched dirt, debris, and screaming ponies in all directions. Those who weren’t killed laid bleeding from burns and cuts to their bodies. They immediately being dragged to cover.

Just then, a bright light emerge from behind the rangers and reveals the two sisters and the Elements. They quickly hide behind a crystal just right next to them and laid down. Daniel looked to his left and with narrowed eyes.

"What the hell are you doing here?!" He shouts as a magic hit right next to him.

"We can't just watch all of you desperately tried to retake the empire!" Celestia shouts.

"This is our home too!" Twilight says, "And we are more than happy to help you win this war!"

"Fine! Have it your way!" Daniel shouts back and continue to fire at the army. Another magic attack lands right in the middle of the army. Daniel desperately grab his walkie to contact the remaining rangers. "Dagger Two-One! How's it going over there?!"

"Not good! They just keep coming! We can't deal with them much longer! We have to pull back!"

"Don't you dare do that! I'll send reinforcements right away! Just hold on for a minute!" Daniel looks from his shoulder to Air Burst. "Air Burst! I need you and your pegasi squad to help the helicopters dealing with their assailants!" Air Burst nods and quickly inform his squad and they rushed to help the helicopters. "War Daddy! Where the hell are you!"

"We're here but we can't get through! These crystals are blocking our way! Heck, they were like tank traps back on Earth!" Daniel groans and looks around to see a way to get the tanks assist them from afar.

"All tanks listen to me!" Daniel says as he figure out the plan. "You guys see the small hill on the right?"

"Affirmative."

"That should be a perfect spot to assist us! I want you to take position there and bomb the city! And assist us by bombarding the army that is hiding behind the perimeter ahead!"

"Roger! Moving towards our destination. You guys hang on for awhile." Firefly replies.

"We're trying!" Daniel puts his walkie on the ground and continues to fire at Sombra's men. He hears a click sound and quickly drops his empty mag and slams in the new one. Air Burst then lands behind him and tells him that the helicopters are safe.

"Good job, Commander!" Daniel then grabs his walkie, "All units! How's your status?!"

"All tanks are in position and ready to engage."

"The helos are coming back to you."

"Jester One-One here, prepared for the gun run."

"All right everyone listen up! On my mark, I want you to engage with maximum firepower to the army!" A magic lands right next to Daniel, sending him flying and hit a crystal on his back.

"Sugarcube!" Applejack run towards him and dragged him to cover. "Ya alright?" She quickly checked him for any injury.

"I'm fine," Daniel says as he shakes his head and regaining his composure.

"We can't stay here!" Luna looked forward, "We're getting torn in half!" Another large explosion went off right behind them, causing them to put their faces into the dirt while rocks and debris lightly sprinkled their backs.

"This looks like D-Day to me!" Daniel jokes in the middle of their desperate situation while taking his face out of the dirt.

"Hell yeah!" Forbes shouts back, "I wonder how they could survive that!"

"What's a D-Day?" Shining asks, laying between the rangers.

"It's a long story!" Daniel shouts back, "I'll tell you after we win this shit!" He pull out his walkie while looking forward. "All units! Your status!"

"We're goddamn ready!" They shout in unison.

"All right! On three!" Another magic lands in front of them. "Fuck it! Three!!" The tanks and the helicopters quickly fires their guns to the army. The jet however, just passes by easily while causing a freaking large explosion.

"Aw yeah! I love this baby! Haha!" They heard Phillip shouts from the walkie.

The Royal army saw their enemies were being torn apart by the rangers firepower. The tanks using their HE rounds to eliminate the troops at the front line while the Apaches are bombarding them with their rockets and machine guns. "Alright, cease fire! Cease fire!" Daniel orders.

"Roger, Daniel. We'll bomb the city instead," Firefly response. They saw the tanks began to open fire at the city from the small hill, along with the helicopters who were pacing back and forth while firing their minigun and rockets. The jet continues to pass by as it causes another large explosion. Phillip however could be heard screaming happily ever after in the walkie.

"Why do you stop them?!" Celestia asks frustrated.

"If we don't stop them, we won't make it alive through the city!" Daniel replies, matter-of-fact.

"We have to do something!" Shining screams.

A massive explosion to the left flank forced everyone to bury their faces in the ground yet again.

"Dashie!" Pinkie screamed, her face still buried in the dirt, "Any ideas?!"

"If I had one we’d be doing it Pinks!" Dash replied out of frustration while lightly lifting her head.

Daniel looked around at the scared army. Those he could see wore faces of terror. Many were praying to whatever god they had in Equestria while others watched the defensive line nervously. Terror filled the front line. No pony wanted to fight back... they wanted to run.

"Fuck it," he mumbled. Daniel stood up from his hiding spot and walked out of the cover, all while he ignored the protests coming from Celestia and the team. He turned and faced the troops while he started to pace back and forth. "COME ON YOU SPINELESS JELLYFISH!" He screamed at the top of his lungs while an explosion coming from behind him. Making him looked like a total badass.

"He’s insane!" Celestia yelled.

"ARE YOU JUST GOING TO SIT AND WALLOW IN THE MUD LIKE PIGS?! OR ARE YOU GOING TO JUST LAY DOWN AND LET SOMBRA WIN?! I’LL TAKE THIS ROCK MYSELF IF I HAVE TO!!!"

Celestia’s troops started to look at each other nervously before looking back at the young sergeant, who seemed totally unfazed by the destruction all around him.

"If this is insane," replied Chase, "Then I don’t ever want to be sane." He said before standing up. He cocks his gun while walking up and stood next to Daniel who had stopped pacing. "What can I say..." He shrugged, "Good friends don't let you do stupid shit... alone." They both chuckle between the explosions. Forbes, Zano and Johnson looked at each other before nodding. They stood up from their position and walked to the two rangers.

"Know what?" Johnson says, "I would love to feel a D-Day."

"Same here," Zano chimes in, "They earned my respect."

Back in the line Applejack lowers her head and close her eyes, "Horseapples…" She mumbles before opening her eyes and looking up. Fallowing Chase's lead she too stood up and joined the young sergeant. "Ah can’t let ya go and get yerself nearly killed… again." Shining looked to Air Burst and both of them nods. Applejack's friends looked at each other and nod too. They quickly stood up and walked out from their cover, joined them in the field. Leaving Celestia and Luna behind with their jaws hanging firmly planted on the ground.

"Like I said," Twilight said to Daniel, "We're always with you." But Daniel wasn't sure about this. He afraid that the Elements would get killed in the battle. But, Twilight is the one of the most powerful alicorn in Equestria. He pretty sure she could handle it. Rainbow, fastest flyer in Equestria would easily fly and dodge the oncoming attacks. Sunset, Starlight, and Rarity, magic of course. Pinkie Pie? She would probably appeared out of nowhere and broke their necks. Applejack, the strongest earth pony he ever met. She would buck the enemies to the next county, just like she said to Sombra when he was captured. As for Fluttershy? Okay, he worried her the most. He'll probably stay close to her. But how the hell she wanted to come to a war?

Daniel chuckled lightly and smiled at his friends before looking back at the Royal army with a serious face. "Two types of men are staying on this field! The dead and those who are going to die! NOW COME ON… AND GET YOUR ASSES MOVING!!!"

Shining joined in, "ARE YOU GOING TO LET SOMBRA JUST WALK ALL OVER US?!"

"COME ON YOU SLOWPOKES!!" Zano chimed in.

"COME ON YOU FUCKS!!" Forbes screamed, "WE HAVE A WAR TO WIN!!" All of the troops begin to look at each other and slowly nod their heads.

"So, what do you suggest now, Sarge?" Shining asks turning his attention to the young ranger. Another explosion behind them causing them to duck down.

"We'll just go straight to those bastards." Daniel firmly replies. They all nod and stand up, turn around and face the army who is defending the empire. "TO THE LAST RIG! TO THE LAST BULLET! TO THE LAST MEN! WE FIGHT!! THIS WAR ENDS TODAY!!!" Daniel screams at the top of his lungs and begin to run forward.

Shining leaned back and looked over his shoulder, “FOR THE PRINCESS… AND EQUESTRIA!!!” He screamed while pointing his spear and shield forward.

Putting on their best battle cries everyone in the team screamed at the top of their lungs while they ran at full force on the field. At the front, leading the charge to the empire, Daniel ran at full speed. The flashes of his past battles appeared every time he closed his eyes. Time slowed and reality faded for the young man, the only thing he could think of was himself and the empire he had to conquer. He didn’t even notice the massive army charging in behind him.

Sombra's men fired arrow after arrow and magic attack after magic attack in an attempt to stop the advance. Many arrows connected with armor, glanced off shields, or buried themselves in heads and hooves. Magic attacks exploded all around launching ponies in all directions. They frantically tried everything they could.

But the Royal army kept on their advancing.

The closer Daniel advanced, the Dark Army could see the whites of his eyes. A pang of fear shot through the defenders. That stallion… that man… was determined. Time slowed for everyone once Daniel made it within ten feet of the cover. He slowly raised his ACR and shouldered and aimed at the soldier in front of him. The eyes of the dark soldier went wide behind his helmet while he looking down the barrel of the gun.

The soldier soon fell to the ground riddles with bullet holes.

______________________________________________


Inside the Crystal Palace, Sombra was furious. He flipped his desk and walked to the balcony. These blasted humans... interfering with his takeover? This was an abomination... he had checked on the status of all the towns he had taken, and militias had risen up. The floor shook as the tanks are now bombarding the castle with their HE rounds. He saw the young sergeant leading the charge while running without a single fear to his army. He gritted his teeth and his horn began to glow.

"You're ruining all of my plan, human... You're mine now..."

With that, he disappears out of thin air. His main objective now is just one. To kill a single human... that sergeant... he is going to put every strength in him to kill that young man.

______________________________________________


Daniel vaulted the crystal barrier and stood in the open hole. He turned to his left and promptly emptied part of the mag into three unfortunate stallions that were still trying to process what was happening. No one around Daniel knew what was happening in the surrounding chaos. Next, Daniel let go with his left hand and sprayed from the hip to his right side while holding the gun with his right hand. Shining jumped in behind him and bashed an attacking soldier with his shield.

To their right, Twilight, Sunset, Starlight and Rarity jumped over the barrier and shoots their magic to a group of stallions. Causing them to burst through a crystal wall. Celestia and Luna joined in with them and shoots their magic mercilessly at the army. Chase walks up behind Daniel and Shining while putting a leg to the crystal barrier and placed his M240 on his hip. "PUSH UP!!" He shouts as he begin to fires his gun left and right, killing dozens of soldiers. The Royal Guards then poured out from behind and quickly joined the fight.

To the left, the three Two-One Actual jumped over the barrier and tackled some soldiers. They soon began to brawl on the ground. In front of him, Daniel see quick dashes of rainbow colours. He assumed it to be Rainbow Dash. Daniel lifts his weapon and fires several rounds of grenade launcher before he sees Rainbow fly ahead and punch a stallion right on his jaw. Causing him to stumble backwards while Forbes quickly stabbing him in the head with his knife. Applejack suddenly jumped out above Daniel and in a blink of an eye, she kicked four stallions, causing them to crash to their teammates. Pinkie however, was doing random things. She always appears out of nowhere and assist the Royal Guards if the enemy wants to attack from behind. To his surprise, Fluttershy stared at one of the stallions and he quickly ran away. Guess he won't protecting her at the meantime. As he continue to fires and push on to the castle, he heard Firefly screams through the walkie.

"Daniel! This is Firefly! Be advised, you got incoming hostiles converging on your position! It's the Timberwolves! There are five of them that has a size of a goddamn tank!"

"All right, I'll keep on-" Daniel was interrupted by the War Daddy crews.

"Wait... shit! Sarge, that's not all! Holy... there are manticores! I repeat, we got manticores! Lots of 'em! I count ten!"

"Shoot them already!" Daniel desperately says.

"Roger! We... fuck! Back up! Back up!" He heard the rangers screaming uncontrollably. "Sergeant! We're being ambushed! I say again, we're being ambushed!"

"We're on fire!" Tirpitz says and Daniel lost connection with the tank.

"Fuck!!" Same goes to War Daddy.

"Tirpitz? Tirpitz, War Daddy? You there?! Does anyone copy, over?!"

"We lost Tirpitz and War Daddy! I repeat, Tirpitz and War Daddy destroyed!" Dagger Three-Two says, "Those unicorns ambushed them and hit their engines! They know the weakness is!"

"Dagger Three-Two look out!" Dagger Two-One shouts. The helicopters are being attacked by the group of pegasus yet again. "Get 'em to the open field!"

"I'm trying! Dang it!" Dagger Three-Two shouts back.

"Fuck! We're going down!" Dagger Two-One shouts as he began to lost control of the helicopter. "Mayday, mayday! This is Dagger Two-One, we're going down hard!" An explosion coming from the chopper was loud enough to be heard by Daniel.

"We got a Blackhawk down!" Dagger Three-Two shouts, "I repeat, the Blackhawk's down!"

"Got a visual for any survivors?!" Daniel frantically asks.

"Negative, Sarge. They're all dead."

"Sorry Sarge, but we're pulling back! Now!" Firefly screams. Daniel was out of his mind right now, Sombra had reinforcements, and a loss of two tanks and a chopper just make it even worse. Just then, the F-16 passes by the crowd of Timberwolves and launches two missiles on the engaging creatures.

"Holy shit! I count thirty plus KIA's. But... I guess that's not helping. There are thousands of them! You guys need to retreat now! You won't be able to stand against- SHIT! I've got hostiles on my tail!" Daniel looked up and saw the F-16 being chased by a group of pegasus.

"I can't shake 'em off! Sorry Sarge, guess you're on your own now. I'll handle these bozos first!"

Before Daniel could respond, a bright flash emerge in front of him. He blinks his eyes several times and when his vision is clear, he sees the one that he's waiting for so long. Sombra was standing there, looking at him with fury. Time seemed to slow down as they looked at each other's eyes. Around them, the Royal Army and the Dark Army were fighting against each other. But that didn't seem to bother them. They just looked at each other, straight in the eyes. Both of them are eager to punch their opponent's face.

"Long time no see... human," Sombra started.

"Meh," Daniel shrugs, "It's only been five days since the last time I've being captured here."

"You're pretty calm for a soldier who is in the middle of the battlefield."

"I've been through worse. Also, good thing I meet you here. Cause I'm gonna knock those teeth down so bad until you wished your mama's kept her legs closed."

"I'd like to see you try." Sombra smirks at him. Daniel was about to use his weapon and put every single bullet to the fucker's brain. But his brain told him otherwise. He want to finish this stallion with his own hands. Daniel groans at his own thoughts and throw his weapons to the side. Except for his knife.

"Hoho, getting cocky now ain't you?" Sombra asks still with that smirk of his.

"Nah, I'm just confident about this," Daniel calmly replies. Without warning, Sombra suddenly shoot his magic to Daniel. Before the young ranger can even process what's happening, he spontaneously dodge to the left, feeling the wind from the magic brush his side. Sombra fires another magic, forcing him to duck out of the way. The third magic forces Daniel into a prone position, and another one makes him log roll to the side. Though, the explosion is big enough to nearly send him flying to his teammates. My turn.

Daniel quickly gets up and run towards the king. Sombra sees this and immediately shoots his magic. The young sergeant quickly dodge his way to the left and continue to run until he reaches Sombra. Sombra was about to shoot his magic but Daniel grab his horn and points it to his army, sending the troops flying everywhere. Daniel releases his grip and punch Sombra's right muzzle. He stumble backwards and Daniel quickly leaps in for another kick in the face.

"This is for Finn!" Daniel shouts as he kick his face. Sombra was now laying limply on the ground and tries to get up but Daniel kicks him right on his abdomen, causing him to roll over to the side and groans in pain. "This is for Jerry!" Sombra tries to regain his composure but stumble again by Daniel's quick blow in the face. "This is for the rangers!" He stumbled backwards and Daniel quickly leapt on top of him. Before Daniel could throw another punch, Sombra shoots his magic, causing him to jump off from the king. Daniel was about to stand up but Sombra already levitate an arrow and stab Daniel right in the middle on his chest. The sergeant screams in pain and fell on his back. Blood slowly coming out from his mouth as he desperately panting for air. The half of the arrow could be seen buried in his chest. His vision's began to blurry as he saw a black pony coming towards him. It was Sombra, he was levitating a spear and aims it right towards Daniel's heart.

"You know..." The king started, "I never thought about one creature could mess up all of my plan." Daniel just gritted his teeth and panting heavily. "It's funny... really. Watching your plan got messed up by a single person. But it doesn't matter anymore now. After I'm done with you, all of Equestria will be mine and nothing can stop me from conquering this world... nothing. My Timberwolves, Manticores, and my army will conquer this world without any obstacles in front of us... in front of me." While Sombra rambling on and on, Daniel slowly grabs his knife from it's place.

"And now, so long... Staff Sergeant. May your God, be with you," Sombra says with a smirk and he slowly lift the spear and aims it on his heart. Daniel returns the smirk and Sombra shocked from his expression.

"Yippee ki yay, motherfucker." Daniel grabs the spear with his left hand and stabs himself to his left shoulder in attempt to lift his own body while quickly putting the knife onto Sombra's neck. Sombra couldn't react at the sudden burst and he soon fell to the ground, blood coming out from his neck and mouth. "That's for the guards," Daniel says as he lay back down on the ground.

"My Liege!" He then hears a scream and he looked to his left just to see the General running towards him with his spear ready to stab him. Daniel desperately searching a way out, he glance to his right and thank the God for letting his Deagle laying next to him. He grab and aims it right on the charging pony.

BANG!

The General soon join his king to the ground with a hole on his forehead. "And that's for knocking me out," Daniel said out loud. His grip on the Deagle loosened, and slipped out of his hand. He put his head back to the ground while looking up at the sky and saw the F-16 pass by with the pegasus still on his tail. The arrow and the spear still impaled on his chest. He smiles and slowly closes his eyes and wait for the inevitable.

"Excellent work... soldiers..." His breathe began to slow down. "I'll see you... on the... other... side..." The last thing he remembered before blacking out was hearing someone call his name several times.

Author's Note:

On going chapter: The Gala