• Published 20th Apr 2020
  • 3,636 Views, 196 Comments

Ranger's Destiny (Undergoing Edited) - TasteDaRainbow



Rangers find themselves in a world full of colorful talking ponies and an adventure awaits them. A war is taking place on Equestria. How can they survive through all of this? And the most important thing is, will they ever get back home? God help us.

  • ...
21
 196
 3,636

Dilemma

Daniel's P.O.V.

"Applejack!" I keep shouting at her as I run to chase her. Applejack didn't listen, instead she just run and run, away from me. She burst through the hospital door and quickly run again. Luckily for me, I had two long and strong legs so I could keep up with her. "Applejack! Wait up!" I shouted again but Applejack still running away from me. I need to act right now. I continue to run as fast as my legs could carry me. Eventually, I closes the gap between me and Applejack in a mere seconds. Damn, earth ponies sure are strong. I shook the thought away and returned to focus back to the orange mare, who is still running like an antelope.

She seemed to be heading towards her home 'cause right now I notice that we're in the orchard. Holy shit, how long we've been running like this? Just as the thought came to my mind, I already felt the pain coming from both of my thigh. I gritted my teeth, trying to ignore the pain and continue to chase Applejack. At the right time, I hugged and tackled her to the ground.

"Applejack..." I said between my breaths, "What is... wrong... with you?"

"What is wrong with me? What is wrong with ya?!" She retorted.

I grip her shoulders and looked at her straight in the eye, "Applejack, what's got in to you?"

"What am Ah ta you, Dann?" She asked as she narrowed her eyes.

"Of course you're my marefriend Applejack, what do you think that you don't?"

"Ya said it yerself!" She was now half screaming, "Ya want ta go home! Why?!"

We both remained silent for a moment while I'm still pinning Applejack down on the ground. I knew what I had said before, I just couldn't control my mouth when I lost my goddamn mind. They should've known it. Yet, Applejack took it seriously. Very serious. But... yeah, let's be honest, I do miss home. But I haven't make any choice yet, why would she worried that so much? I closed my eyes before letting out a big sigh.

"I'm sorry Applejack... I really am. But the fact is I can't stay here much longer. Not even all of the rangers can't stay here forever."

"Why?" She asked and now she's in the verge of tears. It hurts me deep inside to see her like this. "Why did ya have ta go back? Ya didn't love me?"

"O-of course I do," I replied as I get off from her, "It's just, I... I can't just sit around here doing nothing while our world is in total chaos."

I took a sit beside Applejack, who is now sitting with her haunches. She was looking at the ground. I really couldn't bare to see it, that's the last straw. I instantly pulled the farm pony close to my body and hug her tight, never letting her go. To my surprise, Applejack didn't fight back, instead she nuzzled closer to me and buried her face in my chest. I keep stroking her mane and a few seconds later, I heard a sniffling sound.

"Don't leave... please," Applejack was now sobbing, "Ah can't lose ya... Ah can't... and Ah don't wanna."

It hurts me a lot to see her like this. The words stung deep inside my heart. I really didn't want to leave her. But the decisions are now very difficult for me to choose. I then kissed her on the forehead and rest my head on hers, looking straight to the orchard while my mind was fighting for the stupidest decision I'll ever make. Why does this always happen to me? I felt a tear running down my cheek as I begin to think. Allah, please help me. Give me an answer, anything. I can't afford to lose the one I love, again. I can't!

"Sugarcube," Applejack started.

"What is it AJ?" I replied still caressing her soft blonde golden mane.

"What am Ah ta ya, Daniel?"

I was taken aback by this. "Applejack..."

She backed away her head so she could see my face. "What do ya see when ya look at me, Dann? Just somepony ta say 'Ah love you' to?"

It took a minute or two to process what she had just said to me. "Of course not Applejack. I'm looking at you right now and you know what I see?" Applejack stared directly to my eyes, those green eyes reflected by the orange light of the beautiful morning sun makes her the most beautiful mare I've ever seen. "I see a mare full of honest, strength and love that I never expected to be loved for my entire life. And I also see a mare that I want to spend my entire life with." I could see her cheeks turned a beet red as I spoke the words. I couldn't help myself to think how adorable she is. Then, I put a hand on her cheek and caressed it while putting a smile on my face. "And that's something I wouldn't say to anypony else. I do love you, Applejack. More than anything you could ever know." I felt tears began to form in the corner of my eyes. "It's just that, I've always been in hard decisions and this is the hardest one I have ever been in." Applejack looked at me, her face began to relax as she listened every word that I said. "To be honest, I don't want to leave from this world. Because I have you. But I have a world too to save, and people to protect." I couldn't hold back the tears anymore. I was openly crying by now. "Why this is always happening to me? I already lost my family, my friends, and now... I have to lose you too? I really don't want to but this is the right thing to do. I don't belong here, nor the rest of the rangers. We just happened to be here. I-"

I was cut off by Applejack who's suddenly wrapped her hooves around my neck and pulled me close to her. I immediately wrap my arms around her and continue to cry on her shoulder.

"I-I'm sorry Applejack," I nearly choked up as I searched for words, "If all of this wasn't because of me... you wouldn't be hurting like this. I... I'm so, so sorry Applejack." I cried even louder for each passing second. I could feel all of my emotions that were starting to build up inside me. Anger, guilt, fear, all of them mixed together like a tornado; smashing through every part of my body.

"Sugarcube," Applejack started still holding me close.

"I'm sorry..."

"No need ta be sorry, hon." She rub his back, trying to calm me down but to no avail. "It wasn't any of yer fault. It hurts me a lot too if ya had ta leave me." She was completely sobbing right now. "But ya had a point there. That is yer right thing ta do... Ah can’t imagine what it must be like for ya to lose everyone that ya cared the most. Ah shouldn’t be so quick to judge. Yer going through a lot fer a long time and, Ah understand ya sugar. Ah'm sorry to." We both continue to cry as we held each other tight, sharing all of our emotions together. I finally be able to stop crying and regain my composure, though I could definitely tell my eyes are bloodshot right now.

"Don't ever think that I didn't love you, Applejack," I said, holding her tighter.

"Ah know, and Ah love ya too Daniel. There's never a better stallion much like yerself. And Ah want to spend all of mah time with ya until the day comes."

I don't know what she meant by that as I just hug her tight. I really don't want to leave but, who am I not to refuse it? I let out a sigh, still holding her tight against my body. The warmth of the morning sun and the cool breeze help me to ease up my mind, along with the mare that I hold right now. She was sobbing and I could tell that she's hurting. I backed away and met her eye, those beautiful eyes that I come to know and love are now fill with fear; fear of losing the one that she cared the most. I smiled and put my hand on her shoulder.

"Applejack," I started, "Let's just forget about this. To be honest, I haven't made up my mind yet." Her face brightened a bit as I said that.

"Ya can think 'bout that later, sugar," she cut me off, "Right now, ya have a war ta win." She poked me in the chest. We chuckled together after that. As the laughter died, I get up from my spot but still holding Applejack with me. She smiled and hummed while nuzzling on the crook of my neck. I smiled and put my chin on her forehead as I walked past the apple trees, still stroking Applejack's beautiful mane.

"I love you Applejack," I smiled, "Don't ever think about anything else."

"Ah know, hon. Ah love ya too."

Dang it, what will I do? Should I leave her? Or stay? Goddamn it this is so fucking difficult!

May I suggest something?

Shut the fuck up.

"Sergeant Daniel, this is Sergeant Forbes, the Princesses wish to see you in Twilight's castle. The Elements are waiting here too." The voice literally make my heart jumped out of my chest. Applejack chuckle at my reaction.

I quickly snatch my walkie and respond, "This is Daniel, I'll be on my way. Out."

"Goin' again?" Applejack suddenly asked.

"Probably," I said, "But if it is, I'll promise to come back as fast as possible."

"Ya promise?" She pleaded me with those puppy dog eyes of hers, "Don't do anything stupid out there will ya? I hate ta seeing ya hurt."

I laughed and hug her tighter, "Of course I won't. I'll try my best to survive if it means I could see your face again."

She was now blushing madly. Her cheeks have turned to the colour that's similar to her big brother, Big Mac. She buried her face to my chest and I just laughed at her reaction. I then continue to stroking her mane as we walked to the crystal castle.

I wish this moment would last forever. I will always love you Applejack.

Author's Note:

On going chapter: Battle Plans