• Published 10th Apr 2020
  • 262 Views, 1 Comments

Fallout Equestria: When Snowdrops bloom - starwars90001



After the day of Sunshine and Rainbows life is changing, Happy Heart a flower is adjusting when a old friend returns

  • ...
 1
 262

Fallout Equestria: When Snowdrops flowers bloom

Author's Note:

Good music to listen to while reading this:
Hay Tea Finally

Hay Tea I want your love

Fallout Equestria: When Snowdrops flowers bloom

Starwars90001

The beauty of the sun and the soft blowing wind made the trot around town a pleasant one. Junction-R7 or Junction town as it was now called had become busier than usual, traders, mercs, travelers, and town’s folk were sitting up for the big celebration. All this would usually put Happy Heart on edge but the light green mare was calmed by the soft feeling of the even sunset.

Looking at it, gave her a sense of peace as she pulled her crate of flowers behind her, and to think it was just a year ago such a feeling was unknown to her. “Aye Happy Heart how’s it going’?” Turning to the source of the loud voice Happy saw the form large armored griffin sitting outside of a bar, an old table in front of him, around him several more griffins wearing various forms of gear, all of them smiled at her as they took sips from glasses.

“Hi Mill! You and the crew taking a break from work.” She gleefully said as she weaved at hoof them. “Mayor Overmare may give you time off.”

The griffins all just simply chucked at that. “Hey flying around town for three hours is hard work, a griffin’s got to have his breaks. Besides nothing happens around here, it’s just watching travelers and traders come in.”

One another griffin’s a pipe up at that. “Can’t complain boss easiest gig we got in years. But if you want excitement we could sign for those raiders destroy missions.”

“Nah, I had enough excitement chasing for one lifetime. If I wanted that excitement I’d get a girl for a year a night.” His face turned into a dirty smirk. “Unless you want to spice thing up tonight?”

Happy weaved him off. “Pfff, after last time I barely started before you finished.” The reasoning “OH” from the around the table with the armored griffin bushing hard. “But it was a nice Mill.” Happy said as she smiled warmly at him, making him turn redder. At that she walked off, saying one last goodbye as she went.

--------

While the town was constantly growing, with new buildings being added every few months, Happy Heart could still navigate it with no problem. Of course, being the personal delivery mare for this client you learned their address by heart. Finally standing before an old boxcar that had a patio added on to it, Happy breathed a sigh of relief then unhooked herself from the crate’s harness. Walking up to the door and give it a few knocks, she waited until the familiar sound of magic followed the door opening.

“Oh Happy Heart, you're here, I didn’t think you wouldn’t come.” Before her stood the form of a large pony that overshadowed her. She had the horn of a unicorn and the wings of a pegasus, and her body was a little muscular yet she had a sense of beauty and glace to her. Her light blue mane and coat were beaming, if it wasn’t for the fact Happy knew she was artificial she would believe she was the goddess reborn.

“Oh got held up at the shop today, some mare complained her daisies weren’t the right shaded of white for the event tomorrow.” Just talking about it made Happy’s blood boil, if she kept talking with that mare she would have bucked her. “Anyway, I brought your order of snowdrops.”

Goldeneye simply smiled gently at the mare. “Well young one if you're stressed you can come in for tea I just made a pot.” She moved to the side and made a welcoming juster.

Happy Heart got a little nervous at the welcoming. “I shouldn’t come in. I don’t want to be a bother.”

“Nonsense you're a welcome guest in my house anytime.” The way she said made happy blush a little honestly, the alicorn was probably the nicest soul she's encountered in the wastes, a mutant creation was more kind than most ponies now that was a kick. “You come here every month and delivery my flowers the least I can do is give you some tea.” Happy not wanting to disappoint the mare and slowly entered the boxcar.

Sitting on a well-flushed couch Happy took in the living room around her. While the signs of it being a boxcar were still there it was well flushed with well-kept items that one could believe she was a rich Tenpony mare with things she had. Violet cape with a diamond pattern lined the floor with a marble table in the middle of the room, installed sheaves lines that walls with nick-knacks on all of them, a writing desk sat in the north corner with lots books on it.

Happy honesty wondered where this mare got the caps for all this. Her thought was broken up as the alicorn walked in from the makeshift kitchen, carrying two cups and a pit in a blue magic aura. “It’s sweet tea. Happy hope you're not on a diet.”

“Me? The only diet I’d ever have is sugar apple bombs.” She nicker. “So how’s it been Gold? You have been interested since I last saw you?” Happy struggle to take the hot cup into her hooves while Goldeye simply floated the cup as she took sips.

“Oh it’s been fun Happy, I had the best trip to Tenpony tower last week. I met Velvet Remedy, got to eat at one of those fancy restaurants, and watched a play there,” she spoke with joy in her exploits. “I may take my next trip to the Pony of Friendship, I heard they were rebuilding after the war that they're using all the Cloudship tech to upgrade the statue.”

A little fear spark up in Happy’s throat as she heard that, traveling that far seemed dangerous yet it sounded like Goldeneye was treating like it was an adventurer. Maybe when your an alicorns raiders and mutants tend to leave you alone. “Goldie isn’t unsafe to be traveling that far alone?”

The alicorn gleed as if the question wasn’t really all that serious. “I don’t fly there by myself silly. I took a flight there.”

“Huh?” The light green mare stared at the alicorn in confusion.

“Oh Happy did you not heard? A griffin named Hassle opened a travel business a few months ago using old sky buses to take passages between the settlements.” She said taking another sip of her tea. “Pretty smart if you ask me but I’m surprised you never heard of them before.” The alicorn stares at Happy in bewilderment. “Perhaps me and you can walk to Shatter Hoof to get a flight, I heard it’s only 30 caps a passenger.”

“What? Isn’t it a little dangerous just to walk there?” The distance between Junction town and Shatter Hoof was hours by on hoof, while Goldie was an Alicorn that was still dangerous just to walk. “Do you need a gun, Goldie? I can give you one.”

“No, we will be fine. Happy there hasn’t been a bandit attack on the road in seven months. Honestly, we could walk to New Appleoosa if we wanted, But if your feeling unsafe we can hire a Talon guard if you want.”

“Is it really that safe?”

“Yeah The NCR has pretty much wiped out all the raiders, ghouls, and dangerous wildlife between here Appaloosa and Ponyville.” Goldeneye sorted a bit at it. “Gawd did it as a promotion of strength and insurance to the wasteland they will protect their land, didn’t you hear DJ-Pon3’s broadcast?”

She really hadn’t kept up on news lately, the most she’d heard was from DJ-Pon3 and mostly tuned him out when music wasn’t playing. Apparently there was a large war in the Hoof but she drowns that out along with the wars happening in corners around the wasteland.

“So much has happened in just the last year I lost track of everything. This whole NCR thing seems weird to me.” She had been in towns with laws and rules but the wasteland was usually a free-for-all, the idea that there was a government enforce rules across the wasteland heartland was strange to her. Let alone the idea that it could just cleanse wasteland of threats, now that part is scary to her.

“Yes I can attest to that line of thinking, the world is changing fast for all of us.” Goldeneye’s expression turned somber for a minute, and Happy thought she heard her mutter the word “Mother”. But when she saw Happy’s worried face she quickly perked up. “Oh my, I didn’t mean to get gloomy there for a moment.”

Happy quickly tried to find the words to put the Alicorn at ease. “Oh no it’s just-” The thoughts were quickly cut off by a knock at the door.

“Oh my it seemed my appointment came early, Happy can you get the door? I will put these cups up.” Getting up from her chair the Alicorn effortlessly floated both cups into the next room and followed after them. Happy trotted over to the door wondering what type of appointment Goldeied needed, she wasn’t in poor health as far as she could see.

As Happy opened the door she was greeted by the form of another Alicorn, this one was light purple with a matching mane, however, she wore a white uniform that seemed tight for her body. Her eyes were more firm than Goldied’s, she had a small yellow bag around her chest with the symbol of Butterflies on it. She spoke with a more stern tone. “Is Goldeneye here?” The blue alicorn questioningly looked around the room. “Are you a maid Miss?”

“Happy Heart and no I’m just your friendly flower pony.” Happy gave a weak smile and the Alicorn didn’t return. “And you are?”

“Light Rays.” She said as she pushed pass Happy Heart, leaving the litter mare a bit annoyed.”Is she sleeping, she already forgets her appointment.”

“Geez, you miss a few appointments and you laziest thing alive,” Goldie said jokingly as she trotted out of the makeshift kitchen. She gave the blue Alicorn the widest smile as if they were a long lost family, Light Rays more stern looks soften at the sight of her.

“Well since you are ready for your appointment?” Goldie just nodded to the question. Gesturing to the cough excitedly.

“Mh? Excuse me Miss Rays what are you doing with Goldie?” The question of what type of medical problem Goldeneye could still bother her, she knew she shouldn’t pry into others business but this seemed off about this. Her question got mixed looks from the pair ranging from understanding to harsh glare.

“It’s okay Light you can tell her, she’s a friend.” the purple Alicorn placed a hoof on the blue one’s shoulder in reassurance. Light signed but decided to give the mare a bone.

“If you must know I’m healing Goldeneye’s damaged mind.” That shocked Happy, she’d seen brain-damaged ponies and Goldeneye was nothing like. Most couldn’t function on a based level, talked crazy, or forgot who they were. Goldie traveled, lived on her own, she looked well normal. “I can see you question this, well let me explain: Goldeneye suffers from memory overload, memory loss, and multi-personality disorder. When we first found her she was a wandering mess muttering nonsense words, but with the help of the Followers’ Fixed Soul program we’ve been able to restore Goldeneye’s mental capacity.” There was a sense of pride in those words as Light Rays spoke.

“She’s a perfect example of a healed Alicorn after the disaster.” Light’s face turned sour at the mention of it.

“Is Goldie going to be okay?” Happy had heard what spells like these can do to a pony’s mind, ripping memories out, putting ponies into a deep, or making them go crazy. She’d never seen them but if

Light Rays seemed to take that question as stupid or offensive. “Yes, of course, she will be. I was hoof picked by Followers of the Apocalypse for this cease. I would not be here if I was not up to the task.”

Goldeneye just gave a hopeful putting light green mare’s fears to rest. “I will be fine. Happy, I’ve been through this so much I almost don’t need it.”

“Now if your done prying I need you to leave.” Lights Ray's voice echoed that there would be no arguing. “This spell requires focus and any direction could be dangerous. So if you could please get us quite.” Light pointed her hoof sternly at the door, a ‘no more questions’ look on her face. Happy Heart got a picture leaving without a word, weaving good and exiting the large boxcar she greeted with the soft amber winds of the Even.

-------

The night was a peaceful experience, for one thing, the night’s sky. Even since the war with the Enclave ended and the sky was cleared night had become a wondrous sight. It was like watching a thousand candles in the sky, each as beautiful as the other making the sky so vast yet full of life. For most of her life, Happy never knew what the night sky looked like, only catching glimpses of it when the cloud cover moved, but now no matter how times she saw it for the last year, she never grew tired of it.

Sitting on her lawn chair in the backyard had become a pastime for her, whenever night fell and the store was empty she just lay in her chair, watching the stars. The scrap metal that made up her fence showed signs of ware making green mare frown a little. “I should buy some more metal in a few days. May need Mill to help me set it up though.”

Blushing at the thought her mind filled with lustful thoughts, only the sound of the shop’s doorbell ringing broke her from her trace. “Who needs flowers at night.” In annoyance she signed, getting and making her way inside, leaving her beautiful stars behind. “Must be some idiot who didn’t get flowers for his date.”

The house/flower shop she lived in was among the newly-made buildings, it wasn’t made from old-world material like a boxcar but instead was made from material produced in Fillydelphia. The NCR had been producing all kinds of material for selling, crafting, or using for their own purposes. The two-story home she lived in was only half a year old and yet it felt more like home than anything as she calmly trotted, normally she would be mad at having to deal with customers this late, but Goldie put her in a good mood.

“How can I help you tonight?” She said entering the sweet-smelling large storefront, four shelves lined the room filled with flowers arranged into color patterns of Red, Blue, white, and purple. But it was what among them that froze Happy in her tracks. A Sun yellow mare with a messy red mane stood scanning the red flower, her greenish eyes not looking way as Happy spoke.

Happy’s blood ran as fast as possible at the sight of the mare in front of her, she was lost for words, it felt time itself was frozen at that second. But as the yellowish mare turned to her Happy quickly regained

“Are you the boss here?” her voice deep, rough, and sounded like she smoked a lot. Happy just nodded but didn’t add anything. “So I need help picking out flowers, I ain’t never pick out ones before.”

Swallowing a bit and catching her breath Happy in a slightly worried voice asked. “What type of flowers are you looking for? Flowers for the celebration?” the yellow mare snorted at that making Happy Gump. “Maybe flowers for a friend or Lover?

“I need some to give to an old friend I’m meeting up with.” She said with a bit of saddest in it.

Happy just signed and motion for her to follow, trotting down the purple lane she pointed a hoof at a bizarre set of flowers. “These Iris, there for friends you consider the most loyal. You should give them to your best friend always.”

The yellowish mare just stood there unmoving for a minute, the awkward silence between made Happy’s mane stand on end. Finally, the mare spoke with a harsh cool tone.

“Friendship huh? Maybe I shouldn’t get this one.” The angry as the word friendship left her mouth. “Why would I need flowers of a good friend when my FRIEND slab me and every pony she knew in the back, isn’t Right Quick Shot!” The violent glare the yellowish mare gave seemed like it could melt ice.

Happy hang her head, a sense of shame and fear griping her. “It’s good to see you again Lucky Shot.”

Lucky Shot just stared at her in venous rage, looking one step away from just killing the green mare. “Good to see you again!? Is that all you have to say to you, self-serving traitor! You leave us in our hour of need and hide here changing who you are to get away from us!”

“I had too, I couldn’t lead you anymore.” Happy Heart’s spoke in a soft voice, shame echoing in each word. “The Bloody Herd died at the Battle of Fillydelphia, there were barely a hundred of us left when that sunray destroyed our forces remember?”

Lucky didn’t drop her glare but lowered her voice. “Then why did you leave us when we needed you the most?” The look on Luky’s face said she wouldn’t like the answer either way, but Happy Heart signed and gave her one.

“Because the war took everything from me Lucky. After the final battle, I was lost, most of our company was dead, and there was no place left to go. I just wanted to escape it all, to start over again, if a new life with new meaning beyond killing.” And with meaning in her eyes Happy said. “I’m not Quick Shot anymore I’m Happy Heart, she died at the last battle of the Enclave war. This is who I am now.”

Lucky Shot’s face turned from one of angry to disgust at those words. “You really are a coward. You think because you ran away, changed your name, coat, and mane, and put on this flower shop seller look you’re a different mare.” Now she was yelling at the top of her lungs. “Your still Quick Shot! Leader of The Bloody Herd! The Deadliest Merc company to come out of Baitmare!” Lucky turned away from her in disgust, not even looking her in the eye. “You know what? maybe it is good you changed yourself because if you kept your old look I would have killed you for being the biggest disgrace to the Herd ever! You don’t deserve to even be considered our leader.”

The words cut deep into Happy but you held her ground knowing she would be hated for it. “I know what I did, and I feel sorry for it.” With conviction in her words, she said “But I won’t take it back. I know the choice I made and I accept them now. Now, this is who I am now, Happy Heart the flower seller.”

“So this the mare I use to look up too huh?” The yellowish mare simply sorted and started trotting toward the door. “Forget it, I think I made the wrong choice coming here. Seeing you like this shows you ain’t no good for us, especially where we’re going.”

Those last caught Happy’s attention. “What do you mean where you're going?” The Bloody Herd was a wreck when she left, they barely had enough weapons and supplies between them. What has happened since then?

Lucky Shot didn’t even look back as she growled in her rough voice. “What do you care about us now?” She looked over to the green mare wondering if she should tell her more or just leave. “We've been reforming after the war with me leading us.” A look of pride showed on her face at those words. “We’ve been hired on by those warlords who spur up after the war, we’re joining up with their army and leading an attack into Hoofington this summer.”

That part made Happy’s heart skip a beat. “You’re joining another war after you just barely survived the last one!” She remembered what the Herd was like after the final battle, smell of dead or dying ponies, the sense of loss and hopelessness, and the fear of what to do next. And They want to experience that again?

Lucky Shot almost smiled at the comment, a look of hate at the light green mare. “Unlike you, the rest of us aren’t settling down for this “NCR” thing, we’re still the toughest mercs around and this job is going to help us regain our loss status.”

“Loss status? Gonna risk your lives to regain some loss status Lucky? Are you stupid!” Happy never would have thought Lucky would so ready to rush back into the fire again.

In a cold hump, Lucky opened the door but took one last look back. “You really aren’t our great anymore, you're such a coward now. The old Quick Shot would take this job and leads from the front, I guess running away made you soft.” Happy shrunk back at that, adding nothing to the harsh words. “I’m staying in this backwater town for a few more days, don’t come looking while I’m here. We got nothing to talk about.”

At that, the yellowish mare slam the door behind her, leaving Happy Heart to cold silence, and the pain of her own thoughts.

-----

The morning was busier than usual around town, hundreds of ponies of different races, pegasus, unicorns, and just plain old earth ponies were preparing for the celebration tonight. Shops were filled to the brim with some having crowds leading outside. Some ponies brought their families, others were lovers coming to the Wasteland’s first holiday. The overwhelming sense of joy in the air wasn’t something use but all it seemed to do was alienate her more as the weight of her thoughts took their toll on her

Robotically she watered flowers around the status of the Wasteland’s heroine, Little Pip. She almost bowed to it, hoping the righteous justice Pip had brought onto her enemies during the Enclave war would destroy her like it did so many, she deserved that much as punishment.

Only the soft words of a familiar voice broke her from the dark thoughts. “Good to see you up and about Happy.” Breaking from her job, Happy looked upon the beauty of her Alicorn friend, but this time the mare wore a bright yellow dress with a matching hat. She carried a pot of Snowdrops in her magical grip, floating the pot just above her. She gave the same kind smile Happy always saw on her face. “You seem sad. Happy is something wrong?”

Happy simply turned her head away in shame. “It’s nothing Goldie, just nothing.”

Obviously not buying that light blue Alicorn placed on her shoulder. “Happy I know you're hurting when I can see, I’m your friend. Happy if you have problems you can always come to me. I will always be an ear for you no matter what.” The look on her face was more of an understanding mother than just a friend, Happy didn’t want to tell but these thoughts were eating at her.

“Will you judge me, Goldie, if I told you who I was?”

“No, because I know who you are now.”

With those words Happy let it out, spilling everything about her life up to the point she became Happy and the meeting she had with an old friend. Though all of it Goldeneye stood listening intently, never judging her friend or her actions. And when Happy broke down in front of her, she simply wrapped a hoof around her

“You probably think I’m pretty pathetic don’t you.”. If Happy could curl up into Goldeneye’s embrace forever she would, but as the Alicorn broke the hug she raised the somber mare’s face to hers.

“Happy I will never think less of you, you're the kindest mares I've met since I’ve lived here regardless of your past, what you did before means nothing to me. I will always be your friend no matter what.”

The kindness and loving way eased Happy and she wiped away tears she didn’t even know were there. She smiled at the truest friend she had in her life, one that stood there for her. “Should I go fix things up with Lucky Goldeneye?” One that always had answers.

“Yes, life is short in this wasteland and one should try to build bridges rather than burn them.” The wise in those words made Goldeneye sound like she could actually be the goddess she looked like. “This Lucky Shot is going off to war soon yes? Well, this may be your last chance to build one last bridge with her.”

“Should I tell her the full truth of why I left?”

“Yes, if she was a true friend then she will accept it even if she doesn’t forgive you for it she will understand.”

Happy nodded then with a quick pace ran off with a determined look on her face, bobbing into other ponies as she ran. “Thanks, Goldie.” She said as she ran through the crowds.

Goldeneye chuckled in a low whisper. “I’m always here when you need me Happy Heart.”

-----

Searching through town on it's busiest day would probably be the hardest task one could do, but Happy knew Lucky enough knew the only establishment she would visit in this type of town would be the good old bar, or this cease the biggest new made building in town, the Watering Hole. The smell of aged liquor hit her hard as she opened the doubles, inside the building was packed with patrons. The room was large with tables of ponies drinking, playing cards, or talking. The bar sat at the back with most of its chairs filled but sitting at the end was a familiar yellowish mare with messy red hair, laying her head on the bar with several drinks around her.

Making her way slowly to her former friend Happy though ways this meeting could go, fear grabbing her if she failed to make amends now, this could be their last chance and together forever for all Happy knew. But no matter what, Happy had to tell her the truth.

“So you're following me now?” The light green mare stopped inches away from her friend, the dopey voice giving away that Lucky had drunk a little too much. “What you do think because I had a few I can’t tell when some pony’s sneaking up on me? What did you forget how well trained the Bloody Herd is?” The yellowish mare looked at her with tired red eyes, the smell of alcohol making Happy gag a bit.

Taking a deep breath Happy calmed herself as she looked at Lucky with sorrowful eyes. “Lucky I want to say I’m sorry for what I did, I don’t want the last memory between us being that argument.” Lucky angry sorted and turned back to her drinks, Happy not pushed by her resignation kept going. “I want to set the record straight Lucky Shot, I want to tell you the real reason I left.”

Lucky took a half-full bottle of Applewhiske into her left hoof and chugged it down. Within seconds the contents of the bottle were empty as she belched drawing the attention of several patrons. “You know you should be glad I had drinks otherwise I would buck you when as soon as you approached me.” Lucky weaved to the barter, who was a blueish stallion, and he got another bottle of Applewhsk. “You already told why you left anyway so what was that a lie?”

“No, there was just more to it than that. It’s more personal than what I told you before ” That got Lucky’s attention as she turned to look at the soulful green mare. “I didn’t just leave because we lose everything.” And with a soulful look Happy stared at her through tearful eyes. “Its because I lost everything.”

Lucky stared at her confused at the mare’s words, what had she lost that just made her give up? Why didn’t come to any pony else after the battle? Deciding not to interrupt she let Happy counuited. “Do you remember that young stallion Short Back?”

Lucky Shot though for a second, the name seemed familiar there were 900 Bloody Herd members before the war so she probably missed him. “He was the rising star among the younger members. You probably never met him but he was called the Bullseye by the initiates.” Happy’s statement clicked a gear in Lucky’s head, she now remembered as the buck that could kill a target from two miles away, he’d been promoted to captain the last she heard of him.

“Well I met him during his promotion, we hit things off and a few months later we’re dating.” That part got Lucky’s full attention, she had never known Happy care about relationships let alone be in one, was she hiding it from the rest of the Herd? “We spent a year around each other unlit he finally got the nerve pose to me.” That made Lucky choke on her drink for a minute.

“He did what? Were you?” Words could not express the amount of thoughts Lucky was having about this.

“Yes I accepted, how could I not. He was the first buck I ever cared for beyond sex you know, he made me happy in a way I never felt before.” Tears started to form as the light green mare’s voice became rougher. “We’re going to tell the rest of the Herd about marriage but then the war happened. The Enclave invaded from the skies and our contact to Red Eye bound us to defend Fillydelphia. Short made a promise to me that we’d get married after the battle, that we’d leave behind the merc life and start a family together.” She was crying now, the hurt in her voice bringing a sense of shame in Lucky in calling her a coward.

“When the battle started I was in the command center, everything was chaotic but I kept contact with Short who was in a sniper position. But that’s when it all went wrong.” Lucky got off her seat and went to consult her friend, Happy was barely keeping it together. “When that sunbeam came out of nowhere and started destroying both sides I lost contact with Short Back. I left the command center and traveled to where he was, but all I found was scorched earth and the remains of his rifle. I searched that entire DAMN city after the battle hoping he made it, but when the Herd regrouped and he wasn’t among us I knew what happened.”

“After that, I was just broken, I felt like I couldn’t go on. I wanted nothing more to do with war, violence, or the Herd I just wanted to be left alone. So I left, changed my name, coat and mane color, hell even had my eye color and cutie mark changed at Tenpony just so no one would notice. But you still found me.” Happy looked at Lucky with hurt defeated eyes. “So Lucky do you still hate me? I’m just a coward ain’t I.”

Lucky didn’t know what was the best answer for that, she still hated her for leaving but now she understood the pain that caused that decision, and how she could not agree with it. No instead she simply just embraced the light green mare, wiping away the tears on her face after they broke off. “Quick, I mean Happy I’m sorry that happened to you. I didn’t know I thought you were a coward but you were just hurt. I’m sorry for what I said.” Even if it wasn't 100% true she did feel for her friend, and even if she could never forgive her for leaving she would understand her. “Do you want to sit with me Happy?”

Happy’s sobbing stop and she hugged her friend back with the tightest hug she could manage. The two stood that way for a minute before Lucky broke off with a kind smile on her. Turning to the bar she weaved the bartender over. “Yo I need another drink, a full glass of Apple cider for my friend.” She turned back to Happy with a smug look on her face. “Been while since I’ve seen you drink, can you still hold your liquor? Because we got a lot to catch up on.”

Happy just smiled through tearful eyes, she hoped that they may patch things up. “I guess we'll see.”

-----

Morning turned to none as the town’s residents and visitors gathered around a makeshift stage, on it a small group of ponies and griffins dressed in well kept fancy appeal or armor stood to wait on stage as a griffin in black armor walked up to a microphone. She looked aged with a battle-hardened appearance to her, a scar ran across her right eye and down her beak. When spoken it was with a harsh commanding voice that demanded attention.

“Welcome Wastlanders to the first anniversary of The Day of Sunshine and Rainbows!” The crowd cheered at the mention of that name, ponies hoof stump, while Griffin’s clap. “One year ago today the Wasteland was a different place, slavers, raiders, Steel Rangers, and dangerous wild Plague our exists with many of us being victims of those forces, and to add on our suffering we were invaded by the armies of the Enclave who were intending on conquering us all.” Some in the crowd got a little nervous at those statements, but keep those opinions to themselves. “But thanks to the effort of Talon company mercs, Applejack’s Rangers, simple Wastelanders, and Enclave outcast led by our savior the Bringer of Light, the Hellmare, The Stable Dweller, Little Pip! We crushed all our foes and drove those threats to the edges of the Wasteland!” The Griffin paused to let the cheers of the crowd build and build.

“And now a year later thanks to the efforts of the New Canterlot Republic we created the first functioning government in 200 years! Let this day be the first of many in celebration of the rebirth of Equestria!” As they applauded the address a choral black unicorn walked up behind. “Now to celebrate our first anniversary here’s our favorite singer, Velvet Remedy with a new song of this day!”

As Velvet started to sing the crowd stopped cheering and listening to the smooth wondrous voice of the mare, buried in the sea of pastel-colored rug its ponies was Happy looking onward, not a care in the world. “Geez, these ponies are up their own asses.” Happy giggled at that as Lucky push through the crowd behind her. “They form a little union now their calling themselves the first government since the world ended, what a bunch of sobs.” That statement got a few looks from ponies in the crowd, but Happy tried to give them a kind “please don’t hate my friend” smile.

“Where were you Lucky you almost missed the show?”

“Traders are coming from all over just for this day, I got the best deals on guns from Las Pegasus of all places.” Using her mouth to open a saddlebag, she pulled out a box that read Sugar Pears and gave it to Happy. “This a brand that only existed in the southwest before the world went bang, the fact their selling ‘em here is amazing.”

When Happy opened the box she saw greenish peals that had sprinkle something on them, putting one into her mouth made her eyes go wide as the sensation of sugar with something fresh she had never tasted hit her. “This is beyond good Lucky!” Her stun face only helped boost the yellowish mare’s ego.

“Yeah got ‘em for a deal of 40 caps can you believe that. Something like this would cost 100 caps normally.” Lucky looked to the stage to see the charcoal-coated unicorn in tracing the entire audience. “You know I would be the first one to call this “New Canterlot” thing bullshit, but they got some ideas on their shoulders.”

Happy thought about that as she much on the sack she was given. This NCR had changed so much in so little time, things that in her lifetime were rare or unheard of were just now becoming normal. Doctors can help any pony in need, safe travel ways, and laws that are actually enforced. This still just felt so new yet it gave her something she had not felt for a long time, Hope.

“Oh Happy there you are.” A familiar soft voice broke Happy from her eating, turning her left she saw the friendly face of Goldeneye. “I thought you would be in your store since today is busy but you weren’t there so I looked around.” Luck Shot looked at Alicorn with a worried expression, but the friendly way in which Happy spoke to her clam Lucky down.

“Yeah well, Goldie was just patching up old bridges as you told me.” Goldeneye seemed joyful at that, Happy weaved over Lucky and decided her friends should meet each other. “Lucky this is Goldeneye, Goldeneye is Lucky Shot.”

The graceful being bowed her head in respect confusing the little yellowish mare who was not used to such formalities, but she showed respect and bowed back. “Nice to ya ms. Gold, Happy didn’t tell me she was friends with the divide.” Goldeneye just laughed at that, the topic of her former status not being a sore spot for her much to Happy’s surprise.

“Oh! Happy I wanted to give you something.” Goldeneye in a surprising hurry lit her horn and magically lifted a pot of flowers out of her saddle pack. “I have so many of those Snowdrops from yesterday that I had no room left in my garden.” With a look of embarrassment she floated them over to the light green mare who took them into her hooves. “I know you plant flowers for a living but I wanted to give you something as a gift for today. I wouldn't be disappointed if you refuse them.”

Happy accepted them anyway regardless, never one to turn down gifts from a good friend. But then she thought of something poetic for these flowers, something that could make them better. “You know Snowdrops are viewed as the flowers of spring, symbolize new life and change in weather.” She gave the flowers over to Lucky with a hopeful look in her face. “Lucky I want to ask you to stay here, live a peaceful life with me but I know you have responsibilities to others, so I want you to take these as gifts of our new friendship.” fought to hold back tears. “Please takes these and come back to me when you’re done in the Hoof.”

Taking the flowers into her hooves she stared back at her friend with wanting eyes, she knew this could be the last time She could see Happy so she nodded to her as her only response then hugged with one hoof. The world was changing and she would see it with Happy.

“Look their about to perform a Rad Boom.” Someone shouted from the crowd as all eyes turned to the sky to see a glowing ghoulish looking pegasus flying high above, with lighting speed drove toward the ground until her form became encircled in light. A second later an explosion of green consumed the sky with the ghoulish pony falling out of it, she was catched by other flyers and taken safely down, the light from the explosion formed a halo of green light that spread across the landscape turning the night into day.

Happy just stared in awe at it, looking around at her friends she felt a sense of peace in her life. This feeling was one she could cherish for forever, the feeling of a spring day she found her friend again.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment