• Published 16th Mar 2020
  • 460 Views, 13 Comments

Black Widows - MlpHero



From the depths of their hive in silence, cast their spells, explosive violence Changeling nighttime flight perfected Flawless vision undetected

  • ...
3
 13
 460

Undetected, unexpected Wings of glory Tell their story Aviation, deviation Undetected Stealth perfected

Black Widows

By Mlphero123

June 7th
Near White Tail Woods
Spc. Kydra

The Battle of White Tail Woods wasn’t going well for the many Devil Horn soldiers. The battle was draining Changeling resources faster than they could replenish. Things were going way better for the Wasp Division, who were pushing the RG lines back towards Canterlot. It was no problem for them. They were the bucking elites. The Water Striders were comfortable waiting on the waters. As for the Raging Hornets, they had a pretty stressful job, Spell Bombardment. They had to drop Explosive Spells on the RG’s. The Hornets also were easy targets, especially because they flew in big groups. ES or RFM was the easiest way to take them out.

The Generals and the Queen decided that this couldn’t continue.

“We need to hit them unexpectedly!” General Larax said.

“How can we?!” General Scarab snapped.

“How would you two know?! You lead the Striders, Larax! And you Scarab! You lead the Devil Horns!” General Webwings said.

“I agree with Larax,” General Yellowjacket said.

“Me too,” Chrysalis said.

Scarab looked at the other three Generals. “Even if that is true, we don’t have enough time to assemble a new division!”

“Then we better get to work,” Yellowjacket said.

“Even if we did, we don’t have nearly enough males to form a new division.

Kydra stood by Chrysalis. They were right, there sure weren’t enough males for a new division. Then it hit her. They didn’t have enough “MALES”. Without thinking, she said, “what about us girls?”

The four Generals looked at her. “You can’t be serious,” Scarab said.

“I am! We don’t have enough boys, but what about us? Surely we can do just as good as our male counterparts.”

Scarab started laughing. The other Generals stared at him. Webwings spoke, “I agree with Kydra. My Hornets can’t handle much more.”

“Yeah,” Yellowjacket said, “the Wasps aren’t going to handle flying other missions all too well.”

“And what about Hill 272?” Chrysalis asked.

“My Devil Horns will handle it,” Scarab said.

“But isn’t that hill defended?” Yellowjacket said.

“Yep, and they got trained Anti-Aerial guards on there,” Webwings said, “we’ll need to attack at night or in fog.”

Chrysalis nodded. Kydra looked down. She needed to think of something. “What if the new division attacked?”

All heads turned to her. “You’re kidding? Right?” Larax asked.

“Why would I be?” Kydra replied, “think about it, they expect the Hornets to attack in broad daylight, but if we attack with the silence and precision of Black Widows in the dead of night, the rest of the Devil Horns won’t have a hard time holding the hill.”

Chrysalis looked at her daughter. “I agree with Kydra.”

Larax, Webwings, and Yellowjacket all agreed with them.

“I’m still not sure about this,” Scarab said, “there isn’t a lot of time to get ready.”

Kydra smirked.

“Watch me.”


June 8th
Flight Training
Project: Black Widow
Spc. Kydra
8:50pm

Kydra was impressed by the discipline of her soldiers. The fact that all these girls had been working medical in small bases or had just been working in the columns surprised her. They probably felt really special. “Alright ladies!” Kydra called, gaining the attention of her subordinates.

Kydra continued “I know you’re all excited about getting your wings and hooves dirty. But you may be wondering why we’re up so late. Well, unlike the Hornets, you will be flying at night. We are a Night SB division. We are the Black Widows.” She walked down her line of soldiers. “You were all handpicked as some of the most elite fliers we have to offer. You will be tested in many categories of aerial combat and ES bombardment. My sisters! We are here to show our brothers in arms that we are as good as them! Our mission is to bombard Hill 272 and clear the way for the Devil Horns to take the hills! Are you ready!”

“Hura!”
“Hura!”
“Hura!”

“That’s what I like to hear! Now get ready! We leave in five minutes!”

The soldiers quickly moved around to either the barracks or the training areas. Kydra watched as her comrades moved like ants. It amazed her. The Widows were well disciplined. She looked to a nearby clock. Just a few more minutes.


June 8th
White Tail Woods
2nd Devil Horn Battalion
PFC. Blue Fang
8:55pm

We’re waiting for our orders to attack Hill 272. From what we heard, a new division will aid our advance. Apparently it’s a ESB division. I didn’t know bombers even acted at night. After what we’ve gone through, I hope this division can help us. Buck White Tail Woods.

—PFC. Blue Fang

The small platoon of Devil Horns sat in wait, practically jumping out of their skin. Brokenwing looked over his shoulder. There sat his younger brother, Blue Fang. He walked over to his brother. “What’s wrong?”

Blue Fang looked up from his journal, “nothing.”

“You can talk to me, you know that right?”

“Yeah.”

“Is it the beach or the woods?”

“I guess both.”

“I know what you mean, I thought war was some grand adventure. Now I know the truth.”

“Yeah, but you have it easy.”

Brokenwing scoffed, “you’d think.”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean I’m gotta keep my head low and dodge all the magic beams coming my way. I’m always a target. You guys are less likely to get hit than I am.”

“I guess that’s true.” Blue Fang yawned, “when is that division gonna get here?”

“Should be here now.”

Almost as if on command, a division of Changelings land close to the small camp. The two brothers went to greet them. They were surprised to see Kydra was leading them. The other soldiers walked over to see what was going on.

“Oh great! You’re a General now?” a Changeling, Dagger, asked.

“Yeah Ky!” Mantis said, “Blue drags you to safety on that gosh darned and you ditch?”

A nearby medic, Stinger, walked over to Kydra, “don’t make my med be for nothin’.”

Kydra shook her head, “I ain’t leaving y’all.”

“Then what's all this?” Mantis asked.

“Your best chance to capture Hill 272.” Everyone turned to see Chrysalis and the Raging Hornet General, Webwings.

“Your majesty,” Pharynx said.

“Hello my soldiers,” Chrysalis said, walking towards her soldiers.”

“Hello Mother,” Brokenwing said, walking towards the two Changelings. “What’s all this?” Brokenwing asked, pointing to the division of Changelings.

“This is our new division. The Black Widow Division,” Chrysalis said.

Webwings stepped up, “if I may?” Chrysalis nodded, “these guys, or should I say gals, specialize in-

“Hold up,” Dagger said, “those are all girls?”

“Yep, no boys, only girls.”

“That’s new.”

“Yeah,” Blue Fang said, “but I kinda understand it, there aren’t many of us guys left. We’re all on the front.” Kydra nodded. “But what I don’t get is what their job is. The Hornets are aerial and Spell Bombardment, the Striders are naval, the Wasps are our elites, and we’re the normal infantry. What would your jobs be? Infiltration? Sabotage?”

“Actually, that’s your job,” Kydra said, “our job is nighttime spell bombardment.”

“I could see that,” Mantis said, “your wings are a bit more delicate, so it’s easier for you all to fly more undetected.”

“How’d you know that?” Stinger asked.

“Changeling biology’s a son of a mare,” Mantis said, quivering.

“Okay?” Stinger said, “think you can teach me something?”

“Maybe.”

One of the Sergeants, Mitchell, was listening to the two soldiers. “Well, besides the bio class, anything else?”

“No Sarge, nothin’,” Mantis said.

“Is there anything else we need to know?” Mitchell asked.

Webwings nodded, “you’ll be attacking Hill 272 tonight.”

“Buck yeah!” Dagger said, “I’ve been waiting to see some action!”

“Oh really?” Blue Fang asked, “last time I remember, when we first advanced on White Tail weren’t you scared out of your mind?”

“No I wasn’t!”

“So when I had to motivate you by yelling if you were a Devil Horn or an RG while you were down, you weren’t hiding scared behind a rock?”

“Buck off!”

Everyone laughed. Kydra wiped a tear away from her eye, “anyway, we’re spell bombing the hill so you guys can have an easier time to take the hill.”

“But isn’t the AA over there a bit over the top?” Mantis asked.

“Yep, that’s why we’re hitting them at night.”

The soldiers looked at each other, “at night?” Blue Fang said, “that’s practically suicidal! Especially in the middle of the woods!”

Kydra smiled. “Who said anything about flying over the hill?”


June 8th
Hill 272
Cpt. Armor
4th Silver Sword Battalion
9:10pm

Hill 272. A very well defended strong point. The Royal Guard was already winning the Battle of White Tail Woods, so there was no real reason this hill would ever be taken. Shining Armor was proud of his soldiers. They showed great discipline and were always ready to fight. It was already night, so they could rest knowing they had nothing to worry about. The enemy wasn’t going to attack until the next morning. Shining sighed, it was always a stressful deal holding the hill. An attack was always to be expected. That was the mistake that cost them Hill 063 a few days earlier. Now they were ready for any attack the Changelings would throw at them. But yet again, they underestimated their foes.


All the Widows were flying in unison. Only the fluttering of their wings could be heard. Kydra was confident in her comrades. They didn’t have a lot of time to train, but they at least got the basic rundown of what they needed to do. Fly to hill then bombardment it with ES so the Devil Horns could have an easier time taking the hill.

I can’t wait to see the look on Scarabs face when we ace this mission Kydra thought. They continued to fly towards the hill.

Bingo. Hill 272 was in sight. Now it was just a matter of flying undetected. They had a plan for that too. The hill got closer and closer to them. Now it was time to SB the hill to kingdom come.

The Window stopped fluttering their wings, and held them out, then they pointed themselves to become more aerodynamic. Instead of flying with the noisy sound of fluttering wings, they simply gilded towards their targets. They were so quiet, it seemed like the wind was whispering. They charged their shots and let loose.


Shining laid in his tent. He yawned as his eyes started closing. He was hoping to dream about his family. Twilight, his parents, and Cadence were waiting for him back home. He was ready. This war wasn’t going good for their insect enemies. The night was peaceful. No one made a sound. Just silent peace. Then…

Boom!

Shining Armor was at full attention. He quickly grabbed his helmet and ran out of his tent. Outside, an ES had hit one of their bunkers. Then another hit a tent. Then a hailstorm of ES started hitting them. “AA troops! What are y’all doing?!” Shining yelled.

“We can’t see or hear them!”

True enough, there wasn’t a sound in the air. The only sound was the explosions of ES hitting the ground. They all looked at the sky. The flashes of horns were the only thing they could see. And they seemed to be getting closer. “Incoming!” Shining yelled.

“Run!”

The guards broke out in a panic. They couldn’t tell what was going on. They were being chased by practical ghosts. “Fall back!” Shining yelled, “retreat! Retreat!”

They continued retreating into the woods. Their assailants were too strong and too persistent. Who were they?


Kydra and the Widows continued to hammer the RG’s right off the hill. The guards were running scared out of their armor. Now it was up to the Devil Horns to capture Hill 272.

On the way back to their Hive, they encountered the Wonderbolts. It seems that the WB’s had seen them too.

“Get ready,” Kydra said. They were ready to fight. The Wonderbolts tried to engage in melee combat. Kydra found herself battling a yellow pegasus with an orange mane. Kydra threw the Wonderbolt away from her. She then air tackled the Wonderbolt. She held on to her foe and the two started throwing punches. Kydra managed to knock her foes goggles off, revealing her orange eyes. She was about to finish the pegasus off when another Wonderbolt hit her in the stomach. She looked at her new opponent. A blue pegasus with a white mane.

“You alright Captain?”

“Yeah Fleet, I’m good.”

The three soldiers looked at each other. There was tension in the silence. “Spit! We can’t hold’em off!”

“Alright! Fall back!” Spitfire looked at Kydra, “you win this round.” With that, the Wonderbolts flew away. The Black Widows celebrated their victory.

“Alright! Let’s go home!”


Kydra and her exhausted comrades landed on the airstrip. There Chrysalis and Webwings met them. “Mother,” Kydra said.

“Hello Kydra,” Chrysalis said, “how’d the mission go?”

“It went great!” Kydra said.

“Yeah! We scared those RG’s silly!” one of the Widows said.

“I’m glad y’all had fun,” Webwings said.

“We did what we had to do,” Kydra said.

“And a fine job you did,” Chrysalis said.

“Thanks Mother,” Kydra, “now what?”

“Now we need y’all to join the Devil Horns in the battle.”

“Yes ma’am.”

Kydra looked up to the night sky. They were finally joining the infantry in an assault. They’d proven their worth. Now it was time for them to take Hill 272.

Comments ( 13 )

Well, that was interesting!

10133732
Thanks again for the reference with General Scarab btw!

Hmmm... now I'm interested in what passes for tank warfare in this world.

10133845
You’ll see.

10133873
Well, Hero, you had my curiosity. Now? You have my attention.

10133912
Good to know.

*reads the tittle, and the description* is it wrong that im pictureing a changeling version of V reading that...

10134009
Who’s V?

(Sorry I live under a rock)

10134019
titular character of the cult classic film 'V for Vendetta' one of the most famous scenes from said movie being this one where he introduces himself to the female lead https://youtu.be/Z4RCK8LAFM0?t=101

Login or register to comment