• Published 16th Mar 2020
  • 266 Views, 0 Comments

Maze of the Elements - JediShy



The elements demand to be shared. Is Puzzle the one to do it?

  • ...
 0
 266

Kindness heals

Puzzle sat on his haunches. He loved mysteries and as was his namesake puzzles. This situation might be just a dream but if it was Luna made it just for him. He knew the perimeters he must decide the best path forward. He could try to pick the areas he was best at first. But did anypony really know what Element of Harmony really fit them? Or did you just have to try your best and find out?

Not wanting to wait he stuck his hoof out and spun in a circle with his eyes closed. The path in front of him was filled with what appeared to be dull pink gems. He did not know what element they represented but he trotted forward along the path. Suddenly a bright flash forced him to shut his eyes and dull roar caused him to clamp his hooves over his ears.

After a moment he looked up and he was in a field that he played in as a foal. The roar was not magical in origin. It was ponies arguing. They all seemed to be fighting over just about any fool thing you could think of. The shouts made it next to impossible to separate one fight from another. Surely this had to be the element of Generosity.

Puzzle grinned feeling pleased he had figured it out so swiftly. He moved over to two foals tugging back and forth over a ball. He was sure he could fix this problem swiftly.

“ Now now, why don't we all play with the ball? I’ll join you and we can all share in the fun. “

The foals ignored him and yanked apart with a mighty grunt. One foal fell snoot first into the dirt and started to cry. The other ran off sticking their tongue out.

“ There, there little one. Let's get you brushed off and see if you are ok. “

Puzzle got the foal on all four hooves once again. He cleaned him off and helped him bandage a small scrape. It was odd he did not remember having bandages in his saddle bag…. In fact, when did he get a saddle bag?

“ Thank you, sir. Now I'm gonna get my ball back! “

Before the foal could move there was a huge clang and both of them spun towards the sound. It appeared the foal who had taken the ball was not watching where he was running and had hit a buck ball post. He was now rubbing his snoot and crying heavily. The foal Puzzle had helped went to laugh but was cut off with a stern look.

“ Do you remember how your scrape hurt? Why would you want anypony to feel like that? Do you want to share the pain or make things better? “

Puzzle could not believe the words coming out of his muzzle but the words spurred the foal to action. He went and helped his counterpart to his hooves and started to pay him on the back. In a blink, Puzzle was in front of a glowing path of pink gems glowing warmly.

Sharing kindness. A sure way to lessen the pain of this world. Remember that the elements reside in everypony and not every situation is as clear as you might think. If you can't find the element in yourself seek it in others and it will be drawn forth within yourself.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment