• Published 8th Feb 2020
  • 624 Views, 4 Comments

Divine of the kirin - white1498



A deity is awakened by a prayer from a kirin.

  • ...
2
 4
 624

The arrival of the faithful and their settling

Divine

Several days past and when I arrived at the general location of Peaches Fall, I took hold of the thread-line that connected me to my kirin. I found that my kirin were three days away so I needed to act fast if things were going to be ready for them when they arrived.

Looking around I saw only rocky cliffs with plateaus atop them and arid desert surrounding for as far as I could see. I look for a thread-line and when I did it was leading somewhere. I didn’t find anything else that I needed to do and besides my faithful kirin and to a lesser extent the dragons. I Follow the thread-line and I find a hole in the cliff face but it was filled with rocks. Touching the thread-line I command for the rocks to be moved and reformed into a tunnel. When the tunnel is formed the thread-line continued into it. I was about to go enter then I remembered that I need to hide my faithful because they are too few to effectively protect themselves and I’m not going to baby them. So, before I entered the tunnel, I searched the earth for an underground water source; and when I found one it was a river. I directed the river to flow up then for it to flow over the tunnel's entrance obscuring the tunnel from sight. I then created a shallow pond for the water to collect into and then I formed a river and lead it down from the high ground to the desert and I created a deep lake for the river to feed into.

Now with the water not collecting at the entrance, I returned to the waterfall hidden tunnel entrance. When I returned to the waterfall hidden entrance, I started looking for the thread-line that would guide me. I searched and searched for the area and I didn’t find the thread-line. I continued my search even as the sun and moon moved across the sky. I looked toward where I feel my faithful will approach worried that they will forsake me.

The kirin and the dragon couple

Three days after divine left to ready the land

Its been three days after the call to decide what is to be done about the: government, social mobility, and how society is formed. Within those three days, not one creature cast-ed their voice because they were focused on surviving until they established themselves in their new home. As every-creature approached the entrance to the grove they saw a beautiful waterfall that poured into a shallow, shimmering pond. The pond then flowed into a gentle river that shimmered just like the pond that fed into it. All this beauty while being surrounded by rocky cliff-ed plateaus and arid desert in all directions.

Even with the beauty that was before them, they questioned where the promised grove was. As every-kirin spoke to each other the draconic couple approached the pond and began to drink. As they drank, they listened to their environment and discovered a secret of the land. The dragons called for every-creature to quite down and to listen to them. As they spoke, they both lead every-creature into the water, and together using their wings they revealed a hidden tunnel entrance.

A group of five kirin entered the tunnel to emerge on the other side to find their sought-after prize. Though it was not what they had hoped for: there were few trees and what fruit they bared was bitter, had large seeds and provided little shelter from the sun, the grass and bushes were short and prickly while giving little grain or berries that could be eaten, with the only source of clean water being a crick that had only a trickle of water that flowed from a pond that was fed by a steam that ran down the cliff face, while a bunch of rocks sat to the north-west against the cliff face. Every-creature looked upon what they had hoped would be their salvation but ended up in a land that may just be their death.

Divine

After the dragons pointed out the tunnel and helped to find the Peaches Falls grove

When my faithful arrived, I was initially disappointed but that changed when the dragons found the hidden entrance to the grove. As I looked around the grove only to find that it was in a terrible mess and that it needed to be fixed. I looked around for thread-lines. After searching I found three thread-lines each one connecting to smoothing different and touching that thread-line gave me options on what I could do to change it and information on what happened to change it:

Peach trees of the grove: as the winter raged on the peaches that were sweet and had smaller seeds froze solid and fell before it was time; while the peaches that were bitter with larger seeds didn’t freeze and grew until it was time to fall to the ground. For this I have two options: reduce the size of the current seeds while also making the peaches sweet once more or grow the peaches while not increasing the size of the current seeds and the awful bitter taste.

Waterfall of the grove: as the winter raged on the water the flowed into the grove quickly froze and ceased to flow. Yet the long-awaited spring has arrived and only a trickle flows into the grove. For this, I have three options: build water collectors and have it rain heavily, dig a well, or follow the thread-line to the water's source.

Plants of the grove: the raging winter has forced the grain grasses to become hardier to the weather while taking much longer to grow and the berry bushes to grow stout, prickly, and provide less to others. For this I also have three options: improve only the grain grasses, improve only the berry bushes, or improve both.

Looking over each I can’t decide which of these is the more pressing of the tasks. I decide to listen to what my faithful have to say and from there my actions will be decided upon.

Author's Note:

The votes here will have very dramatic effects on the story because every action will have a reaction. Wether or not that is good or bad that is up to you the reader to decide. Also before you leave please vote by leaving it in the comments and leave it in an alpha-numerical designation.
voting time-closed
votes:2
results: A-1, B-3, C-3

A.Peach trees of the grove:
1.reduce the size of the current seeds while also making the peaches sweet once more
2.grow the peaches while not increasing the size of the current seeds and the awful bitter taste.

B.Waterfall of the grove:
1.build water collectors and have it rain heavily
2.dig a well
3.follow the thread-line to the water's source.

C.Plants of the grove:
1.improve only the grain grasses
2.improve only the berry bushes
3.improve both.

Comments ( 2 )

A - 1
B - 3
C - 3

A - 1. With smaller seed and sweeter taste, The Kirin wouldn't starve.
B - 3. By following the thread line to the source the flow of the water can be increased, giving the grove more water and allowing for agriculture.
C - 3. By improving both the food supply would be three times larger and more varied.

Login or register to comment