• Published 8th Feb 2020
  • 621 Views, 4 Comments

Divine of the kirin - white1498



A deity is awakened by a prayer from a kirin.

  • ...
2
 4
 621

Laying the foundation and Setting the course

Divine

I watched as the Kirin and dragon couple settled things peacefully and once an agreement was reached, I looked over the Kirin as a society. Suffice to say I was not impressed with the Kirin despite having clearly defined occupations they lacked any real social structure for long-term peace and stability. First, they’ll need a simple government, second, a method of social-mobility, and finally an understanding of how society came to be. I think about this and I come up with several options that I’ll let the Kirin choose from.

For government there’re several types: monarchy: the leader will be called one of three titles depending on the size of the territory that is held and holds absolute power over the land, chieftain-ism: the leader is chosen by how best suited they are for the position depending of their actions, wisdom, and reputation within the tribe, tribal council: a select number of representatives are chosen from among the tribes best and most respected members to make decisions to lead the tribe as a whole.

For social-mobility again I thought of several types: caste system: the caste you were born into is the caste you will most likely take on once you come of age, feudalism: a social class system where the only form of social movement is in the military where your wealth will dictate your station, serfdom: a form of social slavery one can live and work the land but has to answer to the landlord and others of higher station.

Finally, for an understanding of society, there are two options: the few before the many, and the many before the few.

Well, I’m sure the Kirin are gonna have a field day with the last one. After all, it deals with whether or not the collective comes before the few, or the few comes before the collective. “Oh, joy,” I say out loud even though I know none can hear me. I then turn my gaze to the three likely to be ex-leaders who appear to have returned to the bridge deck with only one paper between them? “interesting,” I say out loud and I take a closer look and listen in on them.

Snow light, blaze light, and snow star

On the bridge deck of the central most ship, looking down at a paper on the table

Looking down at the only paper that was laying table one could actually see the emotions of three. Snow light had her eyes covered after an audible smack was heard. Blaze light was taking deep breathes and exhaling just has heavily trying to keep calm. All this while snow star looked upon the paper with her mouth open and a completely dumbstruck face.

The three stood like this for two hours before blaze light spoke with udder hopelessness, “we’re so fucking going to die.” Snow light and star looked to blaze light now with mortified looks on their faces as if she just committed murder before the entire tribe.

“Blaze!” shouted snow light looking as blaze light now with a look of anger. “You know full well that if the children heard you say that word all of the mothers of the entire tribe would kill you.” Said Snow to Blaze light with a look and tone of angry disappointment.

“I must agree with snow light…” said snow star now with a look of pure disappointment on her face, “… if any other Kirin heard you say that. They’d have you executed for just saying that phrase alone.” Said snow star in a tone of also pure disappointment.

Blaze light then started to chuckle then it grew into a laugh of disbelief before pointing to the paper on the table. After five minutes of laughing in disbelief, it started to fall into a sob of hopelessness while she moved to cover her eyes. Again after five minutes blaze then lifted her head started to speak in a tone void of hope or even life, “one… only one Kirin cared enough to caste their voice to make a decision that could ultimately be our salvation or ruination. Do you two even realize that these ships only have enough energy to make this a one-way journey.”

Snow light now with a look of mixed compensation, fear, and a lovers love on her face placed a hand on her sisters shoulder and in a tone of a loving mother to her child that’s afraid of the dark said, “blaze everyone know how important this decision is its just that their scared, terrified, and afraid of what’s waiting for them to caste their thoughts on a decision this big.” Afterwards Snow Light moved to embrace blaze light in a loving hug.

Snow star also with now wearing a mixed look of compression, fear, but with a mother's care also embraced blaze light before in a tone of a mother placing a bandage on her child's wound said, “blaze… you lead those who have to do three very important things for the tribe. first: you provide wild game for the children to eat, second: provide hide that’s used to cloth the entire tribe, third: protect the tribe from others and animals that would see the tribe killed off, slaughtered like animals, or enslaved to be their playthings.” Snow star then started to shed tears of sorrowful remembrance then with a tone just of sad spoke again. “We all remember or know the stories of the four great havens of the Kirin. Colossal Rest: a place of cold, scarcity, and poor land. While it was a hot spring and grove hidden way within a mountain range to the frozen north. Yet, it held great bounties of mana-infused crystals that could be made into almost anything for survival. Hidden Valley: a chilly, poor, yet decent land. Yet, it was grove tucked away high between four mountain ranges that only a Kirin could travel through without ill or harm befalling oneself…” snow star stopped to let out a whimpered sob then continued still just as sad as before spoke, “… Twisting Towers: a temperate, poor, though spacious land. While at first, it would appear to be just a mountain range it was within the deep, interconnected caverns that the truth was found and despite having to share the caverns with a moderate family of ursas’ a great city could be built. And Peaches Fall: a valley grove, hidden behind waterfall it was temperate, plenty to go around, yet could only hold a modest population. It would be considered a paradise.” Snow star took several deep breathes to calm herself and continued in a calmer, clearer tone spoke. “These are the only places we know that we know are safe and home for us…” snow star then looked blaze in the eyes and in a tone that held so much sorrow and hope said, “…because with the crystal empire gone, two dragons, and five airships that can only make this one-way journey. Of course, the entire tribe would be terrified and scared to even think about such a decision and the fact that only one was capable of thinking clearly enough to make such an important decision. That should be enough to give all of us hope for a safe place to call home.”

Blaze light looked to Snow Light than snow star and in a voice that held a splinter of hope said, “well then… we should set course for Peaches Fall.”

Divine

“Well then with the course set for this Peaches Fall. I’ll have to see about setting things up for them when they arrive. Though before that I think I’ll leave them with a little work for them to do while I get things ready for them.” I say and again several thread-like lines appear, however, they lead to every Kirin and even the dragons. Wanting to get things going I send several suggestions with options though the thread-like lines for the Kirin and dragons to make several decisions while I’m away getting things ready for them.

Once I send the suggestions and options all of the Kirin start to settle down and hold conversations eventually each airship elects a trust-worthy representative to speak with snow light, blaze light, and snow star on how things should be organized for: government, labor, and how their society came to be. Even the dragons are getting involved, “I’ll have to check-in with those two to keep things from going up in smoke.” I say before I search the collective knowledge of the Kirin and find the location of Peaches Fall and start heading there to get things ready for the tribe and the dragons.

Author's Note:

voting time-closed
votes:0
result: no change will occur
Government
1.monarchy: the leader will be called one of three titles depending on the size of the territory that is held and holds absolute power over the land
2.chieftain-ism: the leader is chosen by how best suited they are for the position depending of their actions, wisdom, and reputation within the tribe
3.tribal council: a select number of representatives are chosen from among the tribes best and most respected members to make decisions to lead the tribe as a whole(insert number of representatives)

Social-mobility
1.caste system: the caste you were born into is the caste you will most likely take on once you come of age
2.feudalism: a social class system where the only form of social movement is in the military where your wealth will dictate your station
3.serfdom: a form of social slavery one can live and work the land but has to answer to the landlord and others of higher station

Understanding of society
1.few before the many
2.many before the few