• Published 23rd May 2020
  • 1,873 Views, 11 Comments

Pipsqueak, Son of the Moon - WinterFang



Princess Luna wants to expans her family

  • ...
7
 11
 1,873

Ch 5

Time seemed to fly by for Princess Luna's second pregnancy. Before she knew it, Luna was in her final month and on maternity leave. Like last, Luna had asked Twilight to take over for her until she had the strength to return. The moon princess spent most of her time laying on her bed, occasionally rubbing her enlarged abdomen as her son softly moved within. As for Nebula, Star Shower and Aurora, Luna had set up a smaller play area in her room to keep eye on her daughters. Luna watched from her bed as Nebula, Star Shower and Aurora played with various toys, only stopping when they got hungry or when it was nap time. When Luna put her daughters down for a nap, she sings a soft lullaby.

"Come little children, I'll take thee away into a land of enchantment. Come little children the time's come to play here in my garden of shadows. Follow sweet children, I'll show thee the way through all the pain and the sorrows. Weep not poor children, for life is this way, murdering beauty and passions. Hush now dear children, it must be this way, too weary of life and deceptions. Rest now my children, for soon we'll be away, into the calm and the quiet. Come little children, I'll take thee away into a land of enchantment. Come little children, the time's come to play here in my garden of shadows."

The day soon arrived for Luna to give birth to her latest addition to her family. Much like his big sisters, Pipsqueak had taken on Luna's colorization, with little of his previous colors remaining. The alicorn colt's colors resembled several stars being formed, giving the lunar princess the idea of calling him Cosmo. Finally feeling like her family was completed, an exhausted Luna looked at her four children with a smile on her face. Luna uses the last of her energy to sing the lullaby once more to her kids, before falling asleep herself.

Comments ( 5 )

Lovely song, and I like Pipsqueak's new name.

What's the song's name Princess Luna sings to her daughters and her son?.

10272515
"Come little children." It's something Edgar Allen Poe wrote when he was alive. It got turned into a song back in the 1990's.

10272521
Nice. At least Edgar's song proves helpful.

I'm impressed with Cosmo as the new name for Pipsqueak.

Login or register to comment