• Published 7th Apr 2020
  • 466 Views, 7 Comments

The Runaway Princess - DreadStone



Story of Princess Twilight finally getting tired of ruling alone since the rest of The Mane Six's death.

  • ...
 7
 466

Chapter 1

Equestria - Friday, 12:00 PM

Twilight in her throne, bored from the uneventful day, sighs. Her slowly wavering, tired eyes closing slowly just to abruptly snap back open as a breeze flows in an open stained glass window as the sounds of the birds, as well as her sigh, could be heard echoing quietly in the desolate, large square room. Her head rises to look at the large entrance doors—where she would anxiously await somepony to come through them—stand towering and looming atop the freshly waxed, shinning marble floors. Nopony came, causing the large Alicorn princess to let out an exasperated "UGH!" as she semi-forcefully stomped her hoof on the arm of the throne.

She looks over to the clock only to see it's 12:05 PM, sadness hits her as it is closing in on the time to see them. Five more minutes pass quickly by, only to strike 12:10 PM; the time for her to visit her friends. Twilight, with a saddened huff, solemnly gets up, lightly shaking as tears slowly fall down her soft, lavender cheeks. She looks towards the aforementioned doors. With a tear, her eyes glint from the sunlight softly protruding from the windows. Twilight walks slowly though the castle, the cold marble clicking with her gold horseshoes adorned with a symbol representing her cutie mark.

As she closes in on the room that holds her friends graves, the air grows colder, and the memories flood in Twilight's head, causing the sad Alicorn to sob as she nears the door. The door, adorned with replicas of the element bearers' crystals, begins to open at Twilight's presence. Twilight clears her eyes of tears as she looks into the room with surprise. In this room are five graves representing Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie, with a huge hole in the middle of it. The hole looks to be a portal with purple and pink colours (similar to her mirror portal) swirls about in a random, but beautiful dance.

Twilight, with wide, teary eyes, slowly steps to the edge of the massive hole. Like water, the portal shows a crystal clear image of her reflection, her visage showing teary, bloodshot eyes with a bit of red on the edges, bags, shown clearly under said eyes, and mouth agape. The urge to just get away from this life and start fresh on a new unknown world was tempting, but before she could do that, she had to write a letter to Spike, putting him in charge and with, of course a list of things that needed to be done and a thorough explanation of how it was supposed to be done.

-A few hours pass by as she finished her list and note to Spike-

As Twilight finished, she took a deep breath and sat the note and instructions on the pillow that sat in her throne, and rushed back to the room of her friends. She slowly trots up to the portal's edge and, with a tear falling from her cheek, she takes her first step into the portal and with a flash, she is gone from Equestria and off to a new world, a new life, and new adventures!

-Earth, America - Friday, 2:35 PM; Twilight's P.O.V-

With a groan, my eyes open, only to see what looks to be a large backyard and a steal-blue house top the vivid, sunlit grass. "Hey are you okay?!" Said a male voice from above me.

I look up to see a human with dark blue eyes staring at me. "Uhhg...I'm...f-fine, w-where am I?" I say weakly, shakily trying to stand up.

"Whoa! Slow down, you're too weak to try to move right now! Also, you're in my backyard! You landed here just a few hours ago." He said, putting his arms around my torso, preventing me from getting up any further or falling back hard. I blush a little bit and, in appreciation, give him a small smile with a little giggle. "You should rest here a little bit, I'll go inside and get you some water! Anything else you'd like?" He said, a small grin on his face as our eyes locked once more.

I looked up in thought. "Uh, no thank you! Water will be just fine, thank you." I said, smiling. "Okay! I'll be back in a minute!" He says while running back into his home. I look around, taking in the sight. The forest he has across the fence behind the backyard, the three rustling bushes sitting just outside the fence, and finally the relaxing sound of the creek that flows softly down the stream to the massive side yard with a single shed in the middle left-hand side of it.

A few minutes pass while I take in the sights and smells of my surroundings, the sound of a door closing gets my attention as my head turns towards the noise. I see the human walking in a fast pace toward me with two plastic bottles of water. He gives one to me, which a fail to levitate. With an embarrassed grin, I give him a nervous chuckle. "Here, lemme help you with that!" He says, uncapping the bottle and putting it to my lips. I drink the whole bottle down and, with a satisfying sigh, I turn my attention towards him.

Thank you very much, misterrrrrr...." I say, not knowing his name.

"Alex! My full name is Matthew Alexander Jackson, but I go by Alex since my brother was also named Matthew!" He said, with a saddened expression.

"Well, Thank you Alex very mu- wait...'was'?" I said, confused. He just looked at me with an expression I'll always recognize.

"Oh my...I...I am so sorry! I had no idea..." I said solemnly, tearing up a little bit. He smiled and wiped the tear out of my eyes. I blushed and looked at him, eyes on the wider side.

"Hey, it's fine...it happened a long time ago! Almost three years now." He says brushing his hand from the front to behind my ear and holding my chin up with his other hand, my eyes glinting from the sunlight. "Wow...." He says in almost a whisper.

Blushing a little I said "What is it?" looking up at him, my wings softly shuffling so my body lays in a more comfortable position.

"Your eyes...they...they're gorgeous!" He says in the same whisper-y tone. I blush madly at this and giggle a bit.

"Awww, you flatterer, you!" I said smilingwhile nuzzling the hand that was behind my ear, holding my head up a bit.

Author's Note:

Well that's the first chapter! I hope you all liked it so far!

Comments ( 7 )

I’m confused. I thought that twilight was a human because of the reaction Alex had when he saw her, but one word made me confused, “wings”

Great story i will love to see where this goes

10169533
She is horsey gorl

Comment posted by Switch Swap deleted Apr 10th, 2020

Sorry for the long wait on this story! I'm trying to figure out how to write this without the characters and story moving too fast.
I dont wanna ruin this story with that kind of thing :/

Login or register to comment