• Published 23rd Dec 2019
  • 532 Views, 5 Comments

Canterlot Duel Academy Book 1 - The legend of the Millennium Twins - Melony and Haru



A legend always begins with a single card. Those who are brave enough will draw it shall be known in this story.

  • ...
2
 5
 532

Chapter 0 - The Twins Arrive

Chapter 0 - The Twins Arrive

It was a calm and quiet day at Canterlot High. Students were going along their day as normal except for one student. Her name was Sunset Shimmer and she was trying her best to avoid people. Sunset sighed as she walked through the halls of Canterlot High. It was hard for anyone to believe that only a brief time ago, she'd transformed into a demon and tried to create an army of brainwashed teenagers to help conquer her old home of Equestria. Thankfully, both to her own and the rest of the world's relief, she'd been stopped. And those that had stopped her were now her dearest friends. Three out of the five of them in particular deciding to pop up at her side.

"Hiya Sunset!" Pinkie Pie chirped in her trademark cheery demeanor. "Something got your head heavy?"

"Nothing really." Sunset smiled as she shook her head. "Just memories from the Fall Formal and thinking about how far I've come since then. I guess friends really do have a big effect on you no matter who you are. Sorry, I know we'd all rather not think about bad memories. But, in my case, I guess it led to something pretty great."

"I'll say!" Pinkie beamed. "It was kinda fun blasting out crazy rainbow magic lazers!"

"Yeah, magic is pretty exciting." Sunset chuckled. "And I'd say CHS is a lot better for it."

"Everyone does seem to be getting along better." Fluttershy said quietly as she joined the conversation. "And we all repaired our friendship too."

"In a way, darling, you did end up making things better." Rarity chimed in. "Granted, you did take over the school and damage them in the first place, but you were ultimately the reason everything improved. You can't have a solution without a problem!"

"Thanks everyone." Sunset sighed happily. "Now that I actually have some, it's pretty sweet having friends."

"Well if you guys want fun, just wait until you see the assembly Principal Celestia and Vice Principal Luna are holding!" Rainbow Dash boasted as she walked up to the group and stopped leaning on her locker. "I heard a bunch of rumors, and they might not be true, but they say today's assembly is about Duel Monsters!"

"Duel Monsters?!" Pinkie Pie gasped excitedly! "We get to hear about the sweet new trading card game?!"

"That's not all, I also heard the creator himself is going to be stopping by!" Rainbow Dash squealed with delight!

"I might not be a fan of some of the more beastly creatures, the artworks is gorgeous." Rarity added.

"Apple Bloom and her friends are all crazy about it." Applejack said as she walked up to the group. "I swear, someday we're gonna find her room's floor littered with booster pack wrappers."

"Duel Monsters, huh?" Sunset asked. She was aware of the card game, but only ever saw it in passing from the nerd groups during her time as the school's "queen." And now, it seemed to be circulating among all the students. Even now, some students were eagerly chatting about the decks they'd built or their favorite cards. If she was being honest, Sunset was quite interested in the game. They didn't have anything like it back in Equestria, and all the monster, spell and trap cards just seemed to strike a chord in her. "Well, I always wanted to know why everyone's talking about the game now. It looks like our answers lie in the assembly. So let's go!"

Soon the Gym was filled with students and both Principle Celeastia and Vice-Principle Luna were standing on a stage and next to them were three people. One was a tall man wearing a Ruby Red jacket, red pants and white shoes. His hair was silver and one side covered the left eye. Next to him were a couple of teen and by how they look it was clear they were twins except one was male and one was female. The male had gray hair that was spikey and short and he was wearing a purple shirt with some kind of dragon on it and green shorts with a belt. The female had long red hair that went to the middle of her back but was in a ponytail and looked as if she was not wanting to be here. She was wearing a white shirt that had another dragon on it as well and she was wearing black pants with a belt as well and she had black fingerless gloves.

Celestia then held up a mic and cleared her throat. "Hello and good morning Canterlot Students. I'm sure you are wondering who is standing next to me and I will gladly let them introduce themselves. But first as I have an announcement for the school. As of today Canterlot High is going to be the second school to be teaching students who are wanting to learn of a card game that is most popular in Japan called "Duel Monsters". For further explanation I will be handing it over to our guest the creator of Duel Monsters Mister Maximilian Pegasus." Celestia said and handed the Mic to the man in red.

The person walked up and cleared his throat. "Hello all you young folks as your principle said I'm Maximilian Pegasus the creator of the card game Duel Monsters. You maybe asking what is Duel Monsters. Well simply its a card game where people who go against one another otherwise known as Duelists in a duel with said cards you use in your deck. Of course I'm sure you would like a demonstration of this. Which is why I brought my two children with me~ Now please show a warm welcome to Haru and Melony." Pegasus said as he waved a hand to the male and female as they walked up and waved a hand.

"Now then what they're about to do is called "Dueling" it is when two duelist battle against one another in a game of strategy, wits and using the cards they have." Pegasus said smiling. "The rules are rather simple. You can have a deck between 40-60 cards. They can only have 3 copies of a card and unless they are Forbidden meaning you cant use any of that card in the deck, limited meaning only 1 card in the deck, or semi-limited meaning 2 cards are allowed. They will have lifepoints of 8000 and once a duelists lifepoints hits 0 they lose the duel. There are more rules but if you are interested we will be giving you an instruction manual of how the game works." Pegasus said smiling. He could see that most of the students wanted to know more.

Pegasus then held up a device that looked like it would attach to a persons arm. "This is called a Duel Disk. With this your cards will be projected via hologram so your opponent and others who are watching can see what you're playing. If you get one only you will be able to use it when you first attach it to your arm. It has a bioscanner so it will know your DNA via from your skin. This is for those who try and steal your Duel Disk in case your deck is in the device." Pegasus said and people began to get more interested.

Haru and Melony then pulled out two duel disks and placed them on their arms. "Miss Celelestia I suggest we take this outside as this room is rather too small for our demonstration. May I suggest we head outside that way people can see what Duel Monsters is all about." Haru said and Melony nodded her head. Celestia smiled and agreed and soon after everyone was moved to the football field Haru and Melony stood on the field next to Pegasus.

The crowd looked ready for a good show and boy were they gonna get one. Sunset Shimmer and her friend looked the most excited to see what this "Duel Monsters" was all about. She was thinking of all the ideas she could come up with a deck. The students soon were settled down and Pegasus stood up and stood between Haru and Melony. "Alright this will be the first time these people see a duel so let's give them a good show~ Oh and Haru, Melony no bringing out "Those" cards. I don't want you two bringing attention to yourselves." Pegasus said and both Melony and Haru nodded.

Melony and Haru soon walked about 20 feet from one another. They turned to each other and nodded to one another. They held up the arms that had the duel disks on them. "Let's Duel!" Haru and Melony called out activating their duel disks. Melony and Haru then drew 5 cards and nodded to one another. The two smiled ready to show this group what Duel monsters is all about.

Author's Note:

Hey Guys what do you think of my first story? If you want to help then Id much apprecate it. I'm a new writer so if you want to help then just let me know. I look forward to your feedback and hope we can get along. Till then have a nice day, make good choices and I'll see ya later~

Also credit to Blueeyeswhitedragon0 for helping me with this chapter.

Comments ( 5 )

Nice I’m interested in this story

10001157
thanks i got the insperation from a writer I follow called blueeyeswhitedragon0

Great beginnings pls update it

Interested in this story too

Wonder if there is anything for Spike if he shows up?

Like will Spike be a duelist too?

Login or register to comment