• Published 8th Nov 2019
  • 878 Views, 27 Comments

Diamond Tiara saves Scootaloo's Life - lytlethelemur



Disaster at a class field trip links Scootaloo and Diamond Tiara into a tentative friendship.

  • ...
2
 27
 878

Epilogue_ The tenth hole

“Obtuse angle about 122 degrees”, Diamond Tiara observed aloud.

Celestia’s sun sparkled brightly against her Tiara, her eyes shielded by a white visor. Her mane pulled back in a puffy, ponytail, its elegance resembling a french curve. She wore a stylish, ruffled, cream yellow tennis skirt. A tiny white sweater was knotted around her withers, retired from warding off the morning’s cold.

“Toe-balanced putter for sure”,chimed Silver Spoon adjusting her glasses with a pert little smile beneath her oversized green visor.

Sporting her own white tennis skirt but wearing a robin’s egg blue sweater vest, embroidered with her families’ seal in a brilliant silver knitwork, she wore long white sleeves down her legs.

“Excellent choice.” agreed Randolph, as he presented Diamond Tiara the putter from the caddie as was his calling.

He wore a plaid polo shirt with a white collar and upon his head was an oak colored gatsby cap from his casual wardrobe.Thanking Randolph, Diamond Tiara gripped the putter in her teeth, taking a gentle practice swing followed by a forceful yet precise tap with her putter.

Chop! The blue golf ball, zipped across the artificial turf, banked off the wooden edges, and guided around the curvature of a giant, fiberglass, swiss cheese wheel. The ball fell into a hole within the cheese wheel fashioned to look as if a large wedge had been removed, with a tap it was out of view. The ball reemerged from an oversized mouse hole at the bottom of the tee elevated above on an embankment. The ball guided along the curved tail of a stylized, fiberglass mouse. It circled around the rim of the hole on the green, before dropping in with a satisfying dribble. A hole in one. The tenth hole at the ‘Putting on Airs’ Mini Golf course in Ponyville had five ponies on their haunches giving a golf clap in unison, among them the Cutie Mark Crusaders.

“Another hole in one!” exclaimed Sweet Belle

“I know, right? I’m not even sure I can get a good whack at my ball.” said Apple Bloom leaning in and commenting out of the side of her muzzle.

Instead of banking on the wooden edge like Diamond Tiara, Apple Bloom had swung too hard and the ball had landed on the lower level of the course in an awkward spot with the fiberglass mouse in the way of the hole. Applebloom had been pondering if there were alternatives to standing on the mouse to get in her swing. It looked like it would take at least two more swings if she was to pull off a miracle par.

“Yah, but it is nice of Diamond Tiara to treat us to Mini Golf '' mentioned Scootaloo, her own ball lying in a depression in the course, she would have to putt up a slight incline once Sweetie Belle could get her ball out from the corner.

Sweetie Belle giggled “ Yeah, this is so much fun!”

“Yes sir ri! Last time we did this we were so wrapped up on getting our cutie marks we plumb forgot to enjoy it.” agreed Apple Bloom.

“Yep, we should definitely do this more often so we can be competitive.” smiled Scootaloo.

She looked up a Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon.They were coming down to meet them, the fillies reciprocated smiles. They were glad that they had a new understanding and respect for each other’s sensibilities. Applebloom had no choice but to balance herself on the mouse for her turn.“ Anchor me, Scootaloo,” she playfully commanded, giving her fluffy, brilliant red tail a cute swish for emphasis.

“Right behind you” giggled Scootaloo

To prevent herself from falling face first off the mouse, Scootaloo grasped Applebloom’s tail in her muzzle for leverage. Every pony gave a well-meaning chuckle at the spectacle, while awkward it provided Applebloom the best position to hit her ball. However, Applebloom swung wide, nicking her golf ball with no hope of a par. She lost her balance. Instinctively, Scootaloo yanked her back. An overreaction on Scootaloo’s part, Applebloom was soon sitting on top of Scootaloo. Unhurt, Scootaloo only replied with a fit of laughter. Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon, shared a glance, before they burst into giggles themselves in agreement that season passes to the mini golf course for the Cutie Mark Crusaders was a great idea. They trotted over to help Applebloom, even Randolph was having a hearty chuckle. Ponyville’s elite fillies had many wonderful days to come.



The End.

Author's Note:

Thank everyone for reading. I am very happy to have completed my first fan fiction and hope to find the time to write more. I love MLP , the fandom, and the characters who bring me so much joy and happiness. Thank you for the inspiration.

I acknowledge this is story is far from perfect, I do not consider myself a strong writer, but I hope this story brings a little bit of happiness.

Comments ( 1 )

It was a cute story. Glad you managed to finish it.

Login or register to comment