• Published 25th Sep 2019
  • 427 Views, 1 Comments

The Talk - superfun



Rarity and Dash have a talk after Rarity goes too far for revenge

  • ...
5
 1
 427

Epilogue

Author's Note:

I ended up commissioning this chapter separately, since I realized the original version was missing something while waiting for the other story to be approved.

Then I realized that Rarity would feel that merely doing what Dash wanted the next day wouldn't be a dramatic enough apology for her actions.

The next day, Rainbow awoke feeling better than she had last night- well, with the exception of a hangover from all the cider she ended up drinking to erase many of the more bitter aspects of the night before. But her talk with Rarity remained firmly lodged in her memory. She got up and dressed, and was happy to see the world had yet to end while she’d been sleeping.

To her pleasant surprise, Rarity was awaiting below her cloudominium. The sparkle in her blue eyes made Rainbow suspect something else was going on, but a good something this time rather than a bad one.

“Good morning, Rainbow Dash.” Rarity greeted.

Rainbow winced, not quite over her hangover yet. “Hey Rares.”

Rarity produced a mug in her magic, filled with an odd colored liquid. “I went to Twilight and asked if she might help make a remedy to cure your maladies this morning.”

Rainbow smiled gratefully, flew down, and downed the mug in one go. It tasted awful, but miraculously, her headache vanished. “Thanks. That’s a lot better.”

“No problem at all, Darling. And I have a special surprise for you.” Rarity sang.

“Should I be worried?” It was half joking, half serious.

“Not at all.” Rarity smiled. “Come with me.”

Rarity led her to Sugarcube corner, and opened the door for Rainbow to see it full of her party guests from the evening before. “A proper birthday party for a friend.” She smiled. “Pinkie pulled this one together for me.”

Rainbow smiled, and hugged Rarity with her wing, before she went to enjoy her party.

The cake was fresh, as were the balloons, the candles and the drinks. It truly was amazing what Pinkie Pie could pull together in mere hours. This time, Rainbow Dash laid off of the cider to remember this party as she wanted to. She played a few games with Pinkie, and a prank or two, before the two-hour affair ended.

After the party, Rainbow Dash spent the day with Rarity. Rarity helped her move clouds for her weather duties, and then managed to help her make them into one large cloud for napping. During said nap Rarity managed to sew a beautiful scarf for Rainbow Dash, and presented it to her as a present, seeing as winter would come before they knew it. And then, Rainbow Dash had a bit of fun with her proper friend, and did some mud wrestling with her. Rarity protested of course, but was soon won over by the idea of it being a full body mud wrap. The two of them showered, then went to the spa for massages together, before having dinner at the Ponyville Cafe. When the end of the day drew to a close, the two friends parted ways with a hug, neither harboring bad feelings toward the other.

As Rainbow Dash went to bed that evening, she couldn’t help smiling as she hung the scarf in her closet.

It was the perfect day.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment