• ...
8
 10
 1,142

Chapter 9: The Wedding

The day after my proposal, we began to prepare for the wedding. And the Keepers even offered their help. Pinkie Pie began to prepare various contests and games, Applejack-treats, Rarity-outfits, Fluttershy-music, and Twilight made sure that everything was perfect. They say rainbow has a surprise in store for us. Interesting... Luna and I decided to choose Discord as our best man. After all, he was a great help in saving Equestria. That, of course, were shocked by this offer, but to refuse he couldn't. And how strange: the closer the wedding day, the more I worry. I wonder why that is?

The day of the wedding, Canterlot's Palace.

This is the happiest moment of my life! Our wedding will take place this afternoon. But I'm still worried. Something might go wrong.

"Relax, buddy," Discord said. "It's a wedding, after all. You should be happy that this day happened in your life!"

Discord looked more solemn than ever: black and white coat and bow tie and top hat on his head. I was wearing a standard wedding suit.

"Yes, I know... But suddenly something goes wrong. Suddenly treats will not be tasty enough... Or the games aren't interesting enough..." I said anxiously.

"Hmm, let me see. Treats engaged Applejack. She has the best pastries in all of Ponyville, as far as I know. And Pinkie Pie is the best party planner, and fun is her Element. And I don't recall that in all the time you've been saving Equestria you haven't thought something was going to go wrong. And now you're scared of a simple wedding?!"

"Yeah, you're probably right... But what if..."

"Oh, I hope Luna's doing better," he said, ignoring my words.

And in the meantime

While Sombrero worried about the upcoming wedding, and Discord calmed him (or rather, tried to), Luna was hysterical.

"Are we ready?! What's with the music?! With treats?! What if it wasn't perfect enough?! What if he changes his mind and doesn't want to marry me?!"

Celestia, who was also trying to calm her sister, was already listening to her hysterics without interest. Suddenly Cadence came into the room.

"Hello, Celestia... Oh, God." she was horrified when she saw Luna.

"That's what I mean. Could you give me a little help with her? I as only its not calmed down – no effect. Maybe you can do it."

"All right, I'll try."

Cadence moved closer to Luna, who continued to list what might happen at the wedding.

"Luna. Luna! Look at me! Look at me. Quietly. Take a deep breath. Now exhale. Like this. What's bothering you?"

"Nothing. I'm just worried about our wedding."

"I see. You know, I've had it before. If you omit the part where Chrysalis was In Canterlot instead of me, the preparations for my wedding to Shining Armor were the same. And I was also needlessly worried that something might derail our wedding. However, I realized that all these worries are in vain. Believe me, everything will be fine."

Her voice was so calm that Luna finally calmed down.

"You're right, Cadence, thank you. And thank you, Celestia."

She nodded in response.

"It's just that the wedding is such an important moment in my life. And in the life of a Sombrero too. And this gives cause for concern."

"I understand you, Luna. Just don't worry."

"Yes, I know."

As Luna cleaned herself up, Twilight came into the room.

"Sorry, it's time to start..."


***


I stood at the altar, next to Celestia and Discord. Thanks to him, I still calmed down and now waited for my betrothed to rise to the altar. Finally, the music began to play (a bird chorus), and Luna entered the hall. Oh, how beautiful she was in that dress. I could have admired her forever.

She came gracefully to the altar, and we stood facing Celestia, and she said solemnly:

"Ladies and gentlemen, we are here to witness the Union of Princess Luna and the Sombrero. Their love is truly limitless. Together, they were able to save Equestria from the tyranny of the cruel king Sombra. Princess Luna, will you marry a Sombrero?"

"I agree." she exclaimed.

"Sombrero, will you marry Princess Luna?"

"I agree."

"Ring, please," both turned to Discord. He came up to us, and Celestia put the rings on us. "I pronounce you husband and wife."

The crowd cheered.

"Bridegroom, you may kiss the bride!"

Our lips immediately locked in a long kiss as the ponies screamed:

"One! Two! Three!.."

"... Thirty-five! Thirty-six!.." the voices thinned considerably.

"Sixty-one! Sixty-two!" only Pinkie was shouting. We finished at seventy.

Then we danced in the square in front of the Palace. First there was music for a slow dance, and Luna and I danced, moving smoothly. But then the music stopped abruptly and there was the sound of a microphone, then Discord's voice:

"On behalf of all those present, I congratulate our dear newlyweds and give this beautiful song. Twilight, can you help me?"

"But... I don't know what you're going to sing."

He snapped his fingers.

"Now know. So, let's go." (Author's note: should play the song owl city-good time)

Woah-oh-oh-oh
It's always a good time
Woah-oh-oh-oh
It's always a good time

Woke up on the right side of the bed
What's up with this Prince song inside my head?
Hands up if you're down to get down tonight
'Cause it's always a good time

Slept in all my clothes like I didn't care
Hopped into a cab, take me anywhere
I'm in if you're down to get down tonight
'Cause it's always a good time


Good morning and good night
I wake up at twilight
It's gonna be alright
We don't even have to try
It's always a good time


Woah-oh-oh-oh
Woah-oh-oh-oh
It's always a good time
Woah-oh-oh-oh
We don't even have to try,
It's always a good time.


Freaked out, dropped my phone in the pool again
Checked out of my room, hit the ATM
Let's hang out
If you're down to get down tonight
'Cause it's always a good time

Good morning and good night
I wake up at twilight
It's gonna be alright
We don't even have to try
It's always a good time.


Woah-oh-oh-oh
Woah-oh-oh-oh
It's always a good time
Woah-oh-oh-oh
We don't even have to try,
It's always a good time.

Woah-oh-oh-oh
Woah-oh-oh-oh
It's always a good time
Woah-oh-oh-oh
We don't even have to try,
It's always a good time.

Doesn't matter when
It's always a good time
Doesn't matter where
It's always a good time

Doesn't matter when,
It's always a good time

"Now sing alone with us!" Discord shouted.

The chorus was pretty easy to remember, so most of us started singing along:

It's always a good time
Woah-oh-oh-oh
Woah-oh-oh-oh
It's always a good time
Woah-oh-oh-oh
We don't even have to try,
It's always a good time

Woah-oh-oh-oh
Woah-oh-oh-oh
It's always a good time
Woah-oh-oh-oh
We don't even have to try,
It's always a good time.

After this song Discord ostentatiously bowed.

"Sombrero and Luna! Be happy together!"

Then he was gone. Just walked away. Yeah, that's the Discord. Then we had a great time at the wedding. This day will be remembered to me for a long time...


After five years


"Daddy, Wake up! Let's play!"

"Oh, Star, daddy had a hard day yesterday. Let me sleep."

"No! I want to play!"

"What am I going to do with you? Okay, I'm getting up."

Reluctantly, I got out of bed and followed My little daughter, Star Sky the unicorn. And she's five. Also have us with Luna there is a small Pegasus Sakura and a boy-unicorn Fire Light. They are four years old. I became a member of the local band 'Equatravels' four years ago. I still don't understand why it was called that, but we make good money at concerts. Yesterday we performed on stage for the hundredth time, so we had to give it our all. And we succeeded.

Now I'm going to play with my daughter. She has blond hair and a tail like mine,and light hair. Have Fire Light mane and tail red, and grey wool. And have Sakura mane light pink color of, and light blue wool. Sakura we called her just after the colour of her mane.

I'm A Sombrero. And I can say with all confidence: I have the best family in the world! Best wife, best kids. And I am happy that I have such a life!

Comments ( 2 )

9914653

I'm still learning, so the sequel (which will soon be) will turn out better. Thanks)

V8

9914653
-No! We cannot open it up!
-We. Don't. Care.

Login or register to comment