• ...
8
 10
 1,142

Chapter 3: Today Is The Best Day Of My Life!

New day! I wonder if Princess Luna has made her choice or not. At that moment, there was a knock at my door. I opened the door and saw a guard wearing dark-colored armor. He handed me the letter.

"It from Princess Luna."

"Thank You."

He left, and I opened the letter. It had the following:

Okay, I'll go out with you. Meet me tonight at eight o'clock in Canterlot garden. Don't be late.

Princess Luna.

My heart was ready to beat a thousand times harder. Today is the best day of my life! Okay, we need to get everything ready by tonight. Oh, I never gave her the flowers and the necklace. Well, I'll give them to her tonight. However, the flowers need water, so they don't dry out. Good thing there was a pitcher of water. I put the bouquet in the jug. Great, now I have a whole day ahead of me. Which means there's nothing stopping me from taking a walk around Canterlot.

I left the Palace in good spirits and went for a walk. This city was magnificent. To tell you the truth, I've only seen him once when I was in touch with Equestria. That's when I met Princess Luna. And so, mostly, I lived in the Crystal Empire. My castle inside and out, houses and even roads were made of crystals. Of course, they are beautiful, but when they surround you for almost all your life, it starts to bother. However, the residents were somehow gloomy. I do not understand how they can not please such a beautiful weather in such a beautiful town.

"There you are! I'm looking for you everywhere." That voice was easy for me to recognize.

"Pinkie Pie? Why are you looking for me?"

"To give you this. You're invited to the Grand Galloping Gala next week. Oh, boy, you better run."

"Why?"

"Because runs Rarity. She will take you to her boutique and will sew you a costume for the holiday. And that takes a veeery long time. Anyway, run and I'll distract her."

"Well, thanks for the advice."

I decided to listen to Pinkie and run. If she's right, and Rarity makes me sit in her boutique all day, I won't make it to my date. Well, that was a little weird. And what is the Grand Galloping Gala?

I looked at the Golden ticket with the odd-shaped corners. Okay, I'll ask th Princess Luna, she'll tell me. But the walk is not canceled. I have to see the whole city. Or almost. Depends how far I get.

After a while I went back to the Palace. Oops, looks like I made a circle. Well, I'll go to my room and get some rest. Going into the room, I saw that the time was already 18:30. Wow, I've been walking! Well, we can leave early. What if the Princess comes out early too?

I took the necklace and the flowers and went to the Canterlot Garden. Too bad she didn't specify where the meeting would be. I walked around the garden and saw a beautiful lake, from which I could not look away. It was so crystal clear that I could see my reflection like in a mirror. Then I took my eyes off the lake and waited for Princess Luna. She arrived half an hour later.

"Hey, how long you been here?" she asked.

"All the waiting time for me is just a moment."

"Haha, you haven't changed a bit in a thousand years."

"Who – a thousand years, and who – a few seconds. Oddly enough, there's no time in the Darkness, did you know?"

"You're funny. Let's make a deal: since we're Dating, let's go for speak on a first-name."

"Okay, Luna."

She sat down next to me.

"This lake is so beautiful, isn't it?"

"That's right. I come here every night and look at the starry sky. You know, it's even more beautiful at night when the lake reflects the moonlight."

"It would be interesting to see that."

"Of course, soon I will raise the moon. Well, how do you like our city?"

"It's quite interesting. Such beautiful buildings, I'm conquered. It is a pity that the pony do not see this beauty."

"They've probably seen enough of her to get tired of her."

"Maybe that's the way it is. Well, let's not bring it up. By the way, I have something for you."

I hid the flowers and the necklace under the poncho when I first came to the lake, and now I took them out and handed them to the Luna.

"Oh, what beautiful flowers. Do you still remember that I like roses? Wow, what a beautiful necklace! Isn't that too much for a first date?"

"I do not feel sorry for any money, just to see this joyful and sincere smile. Besides, I got a discount for my tunes. You want me to show you?"

"Wait a bit, I need to raise the moon. I promise it will be an unforgettable sight."

I had no doubt about it. Luna stood on hooves, her horn lit up, and the sun began to sink slowly, giving way to the night luminary. Luna was right: it is an unforgettable sight.

"What do you say?" she asked slyly.

"That's... incredible. I've never seen anything like it."

"If you want, you can watch it every night. So, you wanted to show me something?"

"Certainly."

And I decided to play the Luna a melody that I dedicated to her. She was thrilled with it.

"I don't understand how you can play the banjo so well."

"I don't understand how you managed to create such a beautiful night sky."

"Well you're a romantic."

"By the way, Luna, I wanted to ask: what is the Grand Galloping Gala?"

"Is such a ball, where people come to all sorts of aristocrats, and begin to speak nonsense. One day, I remember, Celestia invited Twilight Sparkle and her friends to the Gala. So they almost destroyed the whole building."

We laughed loudly.

"Ah, everything is clear. The ponies of high society. Never try to find a way to have fun. And as they only live?"

"Hard to say. Personally, I like fun."

"I couldn't agree more. And what should we do in this situation?"

"What are you up to?"

"Well, I haven't thought of it yet, but I thought we could take it in our hooves and make the party more fun. And Twilight and her friends will help us."

"I don't know. We princesses have so much to do. I could take a week off, though. Celestia had ruled Equestria for a thousand years, and she would last a week.

"So it's settled then? And this operation will be called 'Fun for the holiday.'"

"Ha, that's a good name. Well, Sombrero, I have to go. I still have to watch other pony's dreams."

"Okay, I'm going to bed. Maybe I'll have a nightmare and you'll throw it away for me."

"Never mind. Everypony will have good dreams tonight."

"I'm sure. Good night, Luna."

"Good night."

I went into the bedroom. I was tired for the day, but I was very glad that the Luna reciprocated me.

I went to bed and closed my eyes. Luna was right: I had only good dreams.

The next morning somepony was knocking on my door. I opened the door and saw Rarity.

"Oh, Hello, señora. What can I do for you?"

"Save your pleasantries for Princess Luna, because now you're coming with me to take measurements of your new suit."

"What about GGG? Can you postpone? The thing is, I need your help. Yours, Twilight, and the others. Help please."

"Yes? How are we supposed to help you?"

"Let's call the others and I'll tell them."

"Well."

We got through to the other ponies and called them into my room.

"So, ladies, thank you for coming. Here's the thing: I found out what your GGG is, and I can safely say that it's very boring. You know that, don't you?"

They nodded.

"Perfectly. Because this ball should be more fun than the others. We called this operation 'Fun for the holiday'. Well, will you help us?"

"Of course!" they answered in unison.


Luna walked between the dreams of other ponies. Everything was quiet, which meant she could visit her sister's dream to talk to her.

Here it is.

Luna went into her sister's dream. In fact, he was no different from reality. Just that no one was on the streets. Absolutely no one.

Her strange dreams. once again noticed Luna.

"Tia, where are you?"

"Luna, hi. Well, how did it go with you? You're here to discuss this, right?"

"Yeah, that's what I came for. You know, he hasn't changed a bit. We had such a nice talk today. I think he might be my boyfriend again."

'I'm glad everything happened so and not otherwise."

"Yes, and we also decided that this Grand Galloping Gala should be more fun than the others. And that's why I want to take a week off to do operation 'Fun for the holiday'. You let me?"

"Of course. You're old enough not to ask permission."

"Thanks, sis!" Luna gave a jump faced Celestia and hugged her.

"Please, sis." Tia replied softly.