• ...
8
 10
 1,143

Chapter 6: Nightmare

I've been sitting under a tree for a long time. I was deep in thought when someone called to me.

"Sir! Sir, what's the matter with you, why are you sitting under a tree?"

I raised my head and saw before me a gray-colored earth pony with a black mane and tail.

"I guess I'm tired," I said reluctantly.

"Yeah? Then why don't you go home?"

"I don't have one. It's a long story... Go ahead, don't worry about me."

I started to go somewhere, but the pony stopped me:

"Wait, where are you going if you don't have a home? You'd better come and live with me."

"No, I can't do that.…"

"No, not at all." he said confidently. "I can't have you sleeping on the street. Believe me, I can beg you for a long time."

Why would he do that? Okay, I see he's giving me no choice.

"All right, I'll come with you," I said reluctantly. "What's your name?"

The pony hesitated for a moment, then said:

"Hard Hoof... Yes, Hard Hoof. But you can just Hard."

"Hmm, what an odd name you have. So, where is your home?"

"Not far. Here it is."

He pointed with his hoof to a house about twenty yards away. As we approached, Hard opened the door and invited me inside. I went in and looked around first. This room I entered appeared to be a living room, judging by the coffee table in the center of the room and the two sofas surrounding the table. This room had two doorways, one on the left and one on the right.

"I see you're already looking around." Hard said. "Well, sit down and I'll get the coffee."

And he went into the room on the right. I looked around the room. There were many photographs on the wall opposite. And if you look closely at the background, you can see that they are made in different places. It turns out that the Hard traveler? He had just entered the room, and I ventured to speak of it:

"I see you have many photographs. Are you traveling on Equestria?"

"Oh, and not just Equestria, my friend. I was in the Yak-Akistan and Empire Griffons. In General, where I only not was. Well, tell me, what happened to you? - he shifted the subject.

"In what way?"

"In the literal. I when you sitting under tree saw, understood, that you have something happened. And if you don't know, I'm considered the best psychologist even for dragons! he said solemnly. And you can tell me your problem, and I'll help in any way I can."

"Well. The thing is... I broke up with my pony."

"How did it happen?"

"I-I don't know. When I woke up yesterday morning, I said I didn't want to see her. However, I don't remember saying it, and I'm not sure if it's true at all."

"Hmmm... That's what it means," said Hurd thoughtfully. "And how did She react to that?"

"She's ... Locked in her room and sad. And he probably despises me."

"All clear. Of course, this is my first time. Tell me, do you love her?"

"Of course!"

"And how is it that you are the instigator of the quarrel?"

This question has me stumped. I didn't even think about it.

"Well, what happened up to the time you quarreled?"

"Well, I remember before that day there was a festival – the Grand Galloping Gala. Then I talked to Fancy Pants, then I talked to L... her at the lake. But suddenly we were attacked by Sombra. I don't remember anything after that. And Sombra why it is not visible. Looks like the guardians of Harmony's Elements were able to stop him.

"That's it? After Sombra's attack, do you remember anything?"

"I don't remember. Looks like he knocked me out somehow.…"

"Tell me, how did Sombra attack you that night? Did he raise an army and turn against Canterlot or something?

"No, he just got mesmerized by all the ponies in the city…"

"All of them? Or even Guardians?"

I strained my memory to remember if the Keepers had been hypnotized. Yes, I remember Pinkie Pie looking at me with green eyes.

"Y-Yes... it was..."

"And they stopped Sombra under hypnosis?"

"Hard, what do you mean?"

"What if there was no attack? Suddenly you seemed, that is happening so, not otherwise, and on fact in that evening was not celebration, and as times your spat?"

"Hard, I don't understand. No, I remember exactly what it was. In fact, it certainly was."

"Well, let's look at it this way. What if I don't exist? There's no such thing as our conversation, or this house?"

"But how can it not exist if it's happening now?" my head was a mess.

"Well, sleep happens when we sleep, too, but it's only a dream."

"So, you want to say that I'm not dreaming now? But then why don't I Wake up?"

"Because this is no ordinary dream. To Wake up, you need to get rid of nightmares."

"Nightmares? What's the meaning of that?"

"You will answer these questions yourself. I can only wish you good luck."

At the same moment Hard Hoof and his house disappeared, and I found myself in the street. The only thought in my head was: "What was that just now?'. This Hard... How did he disappear? Were they hallucinations? Or was it a dream? Then I should take his advice and get rid of the nightmares. But I have only one nightmare here: parting with the Luna. So I need to make up with her to wake up. But how can I do that if I'm banished from Equestria forever? My sleep will last forever if I am locked in Darkness. I only have one shot at this. I wonder if I can make money appear in my pocket? I pictured it in my head and reached into my pocket. No, the money wasn't there. It couldn't help but upset me.

So, think about how to make peace with the Luna. If I were to be seen by Celestia, or by anyone who knew of my banishment, I would suffer the most terrible fate. So it's not a Sombrero coming to Equestria. I smiled slyly and went to look for a clothing store. I may not have any money, but I can steal clothes. It's still just a dream. When I reached the store I went inside and began to choose an outfit that would not give away my identity. Yes, and character need to change, to me accurately not learned. Oh, this will do! I slipped my black jacket and top hat off the rack and put them on so that the top hat completely covered my mane, throwing away my sombrero and poncho. And when I got to the exit, someone yelled:

"Hey, sir, you haven't paid for the goods!"

Oops, it seems this me! I gotta run! So I did-ran as fast as I could. And, of course, the guards ran after me. I have to lose them. But how to do it? Wait, I'm sleeping. So I can't get tired and I can run forever! Ha, as all simply…

The guards have been chasing me for two hours and don't think to get tired. Well, then I'll have to run all the way to Ponyville on my four legs. I reached the station and began to run along the rails. Then I saw that the chase had finally ceased. An hour later I heard the train behind me. Then he braked slightly, and the driver shouted:

"Hey, why are you running? You think walking is faster?"

"I don't have any money." I shouted back.

"Yes sit down, then you'll pay!"

Someone in the car opened the door on the run,and I jumped into the train. Wow, what a day.

I drove the rest of the way to the astonished stares of the passengers, who stared straight at me. When we got to Ponyville, I went out and looked for Pinkie pie's house.

"Excuse me," I said. "Can you tell me where Pinkie Pie lives?"

"Sugar Corner. Go straight, then turn left and a couple of houses will see. Where are you from?"

"Me? From The Crystal Empire. It's important. Thanks for your help."

Following the directions of a passerby, I managed to find this Sugar Corner pretty quickly. It looked like gingerbread. I knocked on the door. Opened me Pinkie Pie.

"Hello, who do you want?"

"I need you. May I come in?"

"Certainly. My name is Pinkie Pie."

I closed the door and took off my top hat.

"Sombrero."

"Sombrero? Why did you come back?"

"We're friends, Pinkie. I need help." I put the top hat back on, hiding my hair under it. "I want to make peace with Luna."

"So... why did you come here? How am I supposed to help you?"

"I don't know yet. I have to sneak into Canterlot. And I came to you because you're the only one I can trust."

"Well. I already know how to help you."

She pulled a huge cake from under the counter.

"How's that supposed to help us?" I asked in amazement.

"Keep your questions to yourself and trust me.…"


"Wait, who's coming?"

"Special order for Princess Luna." Pinkie said seriously. "They say something's happened to her."

"Yes, there is such... Okay, pass."

The gates opened and Pinkie with an air of importance walked to the throne room.

"Hello, Princess Celestia. I have something for the Princess of the moon. Could you…"

"For the Luna?" Celestia looked startled at the name, but quickly calmed down. "Okay, I'll give her this. Thanks for the gift, Pinkie Pie. You can go."

All, now I remained one. After a while, the cake cart stopped, and I heard Princess Celestia's soft voice:

"I don't think that's going to help her."

Then there was silence. An hour passed, then another, but the Luna made no sound. Was she asleep? Of course it was evening when we arrived at Canterlot. But I can't sit here at night. We need to talk now.

I picked up the cake and got out. When I turned back to her bed, all my hair stood on end. It wasn't Princess Luna lying on the bed. I was afraid to move when I saw her, but the wretched board creaked beneath me, and Nightmare Moon opened her dragon eyes.

"Hey, who's there? What is it?" she asked in an eerie voice. And when she saw me, she continued:

"Oh, is that you, Sombrero? I recognized you: your disguise didn't work well. Do you think I want to kill you or something like that? No, on the contrary, I should thank you. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't be able to get out."

"What did you do to the Luna?"

"Nothing. She's asleep. Deep inside of you. Don't worry, you'll never see her again. You hate her, don't you?"

"No, it's not!" I began to shout. "I love her!"

"Yeah? Then why did you tell her otherwise?"

"I... I don't know... how this could have happened, but I have to fix it now."

"Ha, how do you do that?"

But I didn't hear her.

"Luna, listen, I know you can hear me.…"

"There's no Luna, you fool!"

"... Luna, I remember, a week ago I said I wanted to date you? Remember when you said Yes and we sat by the lake last night? I gave you a necklace and your favorite flowers, remember?.."

"What are you doing?! Stop it!"

"... And then you showed me the world of dreams, and I loved it. And that night, at the Grand Galloping Gala by the lake ... I called you for a reason. I wanted to make you an offer. But I thought I'd take my time, and I said I just wanted to talk.

"You... wanted... Ah, despicable one, you leave me no choice! I will destroy you!"

"No, Luna, don't do that! Please fight. I need you, Luna!"

After the last sentence, I hugged Luna to me and kissed her passionately. I didn't want to stop because I believed it was the Luna and not Nightmare Moon. When she pushed me away, she said:

"Why haven't you kissed me before?"

She said it before I could open my eyes, but I recognized the angelic voice.

"Luna, is that you?"

"Yes, Sombrero, it's me. I knew you couldn't tell me that, I'm so glad."

She hugged me tenderly, then whispered softly:

"Time to wake up."

"No, I don't want to." I whispered.

"You need. It's not your dream, Sombrero. Awake."

A moment later, I saw the world around me begin to fade. Darkness slowly filled the space. The last of my sleep has disappeared Luna, which smiled at me one last time.

I woke up in a cage. Its bars were made of black crystals. Black crystals? So, I managed to wake up! Looking through the crack in the room, I realized that I was in the throne room and completely alone. And suddenly like out of nowhere came a familiar voice:

"Well, hello, Sombrero! I'm glad you're awake. So my help was welcome."

"Who are you? Where are you?"

"It's hard to say where I am. I Can say that I'm not where you are. Who am I? Don't you remember Hard Hoof?"

"So you're Hard Hoof?"

"Hahaha, well, almost... actually my name is Discord. I had to put on a little show to wake you up.

"But why? And how do you talk to me when you were imprisoned in stone a thousand years ago?"

"It's a Long story, and we don't have much time. You need to get out of Canterlot and run into the Everfree Forest. We'll meet there. Bye."

"Wait, but how do I get out?"

He did not answer. Okay, I'll try to break the cage. He stood with his back to one wall and began to pound on it with his hind hooves. Through some I saw a small fissure on crystal. Great! I continued to break the cage. With each blow the crack grew larger, and the crystal was about to crack with one blow, when Sombra entered the room. Oh, he's just not here.

"Oh, Sombrero, I see you're awake. What are you doing? Trying to escape? Honestly, I didn't expect this from you. Well, I'll have to reinforce the cage."

Suddenly from under the ground came out the crystals that surrounded my cell. And they were much thicker and stronger than those that formed the lattice. Now I don't think I will be able to get out of here…