• Published 4th Jul 2019
  • 10,140 Views, 315 Comments

Cursed Reliquary - Khanathara



My name used to be Joshua, I was someone who made cosplay props and sold them for a decent price. Now I am Nox The Unfortunate and I will sell my items for any worthy price.

  • ...
30
 315
 10,140

Unfortunately My Prices Are Unwavering

Author's Note:

So I had the idea of what if the merchant bought something from someone instead of selling something to someone. This is the result.


Enjoy, eheheheheh

I tossed the dark maroon cloak over my self and turned on the green lights sitting just under my eyes. With the black morphsuit I was wearing the cosplay was complete.

Happy with the look I made my way to the convention entrance lowered the hood of my cloak and suit so the guard could see my face and showed my ID so that I could get in and set up my stand before the convention got started. Thankfully, as per I was told, all my items and setup materials were sectioned off in my reserved area.

I will spare you the details of me setting everything in place and just tell you how it looked when I was done. I had a short table with a raggedy cloth over it the color of dried blood, I had a selection of twenty items of varying sizes on top with there prices in front of them.

Behind me was a prop wall that was made to look like that of and old stone keep with shelves holding more props to be sold. Some of the items were from the same game while others were from many different games, moves, and television shows. The only thing they all had in common was that no matter what form of media they had come from they were all cursed items.

The most numerous of them were from the game Wizard of Legend, same as the character I was dressed as Nox The Unfortunate. My favorite, however, was the custom replica doll of Annabelle. If you don't know what that doll is or what it is from, consider yourself lucky.

With every thing set up and ready all I had to do was wait for the doors to open.

(000)

It has been several hours and the con only has about and hour left til it closed for the day, and I have made a fair amount of sales. So far only one person has tried to buy the Annabelle doll, but he didn't like the price for it and left. I considered negotiating the price but decided against it. I need to make a profit, so like hell I was selling anything here for less then the listed price for them.

As I was getting ready to pack up someone came up to me and asked about the Catastrophic Codex that was on the table. I got into character and began to try and sell the prop book.

"Ah, yes. The codex is a terrifying book to keep with you. For when read it will bring down the wrath of the elements upon all, and the end will be nigh." I told the Resident Evil Merchant cosplayer in a voice that I made for Nox to sound sightly creepy but friendly enough to buy from.

"Oh, truly?"

I chuckled to my self as the guy chose to play along. "Yes, once it has been read the unstoppable forces of the elements will assail all, my friend. Choose wisely, eheheh."

"Heheh, how much for it?"

"Oh, the price labeled in front of it is the price most would pay... But I am willing to except any form of payment, be it your first born, the life of another, or even your soul." Wow I am laying it on thick.

"How about this, I will pay your normal price here." He started, pointing at the sixty dollar price tag. "And if I like the results of my read I will give you something you could never imagine. Do we have a deal?"

Why not play along, yeah he would be disappointed when he tried to read it as there was nothing to read in it, but money is money. "Sounds like a deal to me." And I reached out to shake his hand.

"Ehehe, wonderful." With that he payed took the book and was gone, while I started packing up my things finished and left for today.

Eight Hours Later

I woke late into the night at the sound of what I was sure was an earthquake. I turned on the news and sat up in bed not to worried about it as they were common in this area and the buildings were made to handle them. Only when I saw the news I immediately shot out of bed at what I saw.

The news was showing catastrophes that you would only ever see in an apocalypse movie. The earth was split open and fire was raining from the sky, along with floods and high winds that were toppling skyscrapers. All this seen from multiple areas of the world on different cameras. The chaos made the news anchors unintelligible.

Hoping that I had accidentally switched on a movie I changed the channel again, and again only to see a different scene of the same thing.

I was about to run to look out the window when I heard a voice. "Catastrophic, is it not?"

I turned to see the Resident Evil cosplayer standing in my hotel room holding my cloak and watching the television. "When I bought that book from you I wasn't actually expecting anything to happen, and it didn't... For a couple hours at least. Now we stand hear and watch as your world ends. Lucky for you we made a deal so you will not end with it."

"What... what are you talking about. There's no way that prop I sold you caused this." I had meant to shout but my voice came out tiny and small.

"Oh don't worry about it. This would not be the first time I witnessed the end of a world, and it won't be the last. The multiverse is infinite after all." He said and tossed me the cloak. "Now, to hold up my end of the bargain. I am thoroughly pleased with the book, and that means you get something you could never imagine as real.

"I am going to send you to a different dimension with a new body, a new name, all the items you have ever made as real items, the ability to make more, and the drawback that they will all be cursed. Sound's nice, right Nox?"

I didn't have a chance to respond as I felt my body begin to change in excruciating pain as I fell to the floor,only I didn't hit the floor and fell through a dark abyss. When the fall ended I landed hard on my back, and I just laid there staring at the night sky til my consciousness left me.

My last thought as my eyes closed was to wonder what the humanoids flying above me were.