• Published 4th Jul 2019
  • 10,107 Views, 316 Comments

Cursed Reliquary - Khanathara



My name used to be Joshua, I was someone who made cosplay props and sold them for a decent price. Now I am Nox The Unfortunate and I will sell my items for any worthy price.

  • ...
30
 316
 10,107

Crucible of Change

Demon?

DEMON?!

She would dare to refer to me as such a pitiful being?

No, calm. I am calm.

When you think about it, it kind of makes sense. And yet, I find myself insulted on an instinctual level. Somehow being called an archdemon was even worse. I can only assume that my instinctual hate of being referred to as such means that the Nox from the game, and by extension myself, are something... different. And more powerful based on the fact I called demons pitiful.

I am rather confident that the only reason I didn't kill her on the spot was because of the strange dr-no, vision, that I had. I am meant to make something for the three of them.

I have already started the process, but I need a fitting punishment for the slight she caused me. Though I should mask it as punishment for the attempted theft, even if I don't actually care about that. I would correct them on the fact that I am not a demon, but such a misconception could be beneficial later on.

For now the three of them are staying at the tavern, I don't have room for them here. The blacksmith should be done with my molds the day after tomorrow, but I can get started on my project tomorrow. I need a proper material to make them out of however. "Hmmm..."

'Oooh, there's an idea. I wonder if it will work?'


At first light the next morning I grabbed the semi-aetherial scrolls that the three 'sisters' souls were signed to and gave them a mental pull to tell them to wake up and get here. I needed them for the last of the materials I need and I have their punishment ready.

Now I was expecting them to come running through the door a few minuets after I summoned them, I was not expecting them to pop into existence at waist level layed out as if they had just been pulled from their beds and falling to the ground with a thud for each.

But I made sure to school my expression when that did happen for two reasons. I did not want to give away the fact that I had almost no idea what I was doing, and they were fucking naked.

Two woke with start while the Earth mare just rolled over like nothing happened. The Pegasus had the decency to cover her self while the Unicorn instantly put on her clueless mask and act. "Oww, what? How did-"

She was cut off as I sent another burst through the scrolls to there heads. The two awake grabbed there heads while the heavy sleeper shot up and did the same. "Good, you're awake. I have two reasons for pulling you here." As I spoke all three went to cover themselves in a way that suggested a misunderstanding of what I meant.

Unsurprisingly it was the basic one that spoke first. "You can do as you wish to me but don't you touch them, we have a deal."

"You can keep your mortal desires and pleasures to yourselves. They are a distraction that I have no time for." I told them, making sure to put it across that I don't care for the interactions that they seem to be expecting. I pulled out three bowl's and placed them in front of them along with a knife for each. "I need the three of you to fill these with some of your blood. No mixing it with each others and a lock of hair from each of you." They all glanced at each other before following the instructions I gave them.

It took around a minuet or so but soon enough I had tree bowls of blood and a lock of hair in the bowls that matched who they came from.

"Now, you see this?" I asked pulling out a Wizard of Legend Chaos Gem from my cloak. All their eyes widened in shock and recognition, even the 'mastermind' couldn't hide her reaction. I then pulled out an altered version of the Graduation Cap that appeared more as a normal cap instead. "This will help you find more of these, and you will bring me fifteen for each of you. Forty-five total, to serve as your punishment for trying to steal from me and as payment for the items that I started making for you before you even arrived. Understood?"

They all nodded in affirmative. "Good, now leave." I turned to my gathered items as they left. 'Time to get to work.'

I closed my store for the the day and made my way to my forge area in the back. The three bowls of life and magic in tow and set on one of my enchanted craft tables.

I hovered my hands over the bowls and charged them with magic. The hair and blood mixed and dissolved to a glowing red-green liquid the consistency of tree sap.

I then flipped my hands and squeezed them as if crushing a melon between them. The essence began to compress and crystallize, the red and green separating from each other. Red becoming three assorted gems while the green gathered as a waxy substance at the bottom of the bowls.

I knew that I tended to lose track of time when crafting, it was a flaw is suffered from before I was sent here, but I was still surprised as Catrina silently arrived and placed three molds down in front of me that I recognized as the ones being made by the blacksmith. I nodded at her and she left.

'This process is going a lot slower than I thought it would. Unfortunate.'

I left the green wax for now and set the three red gems in three separate crucibles and brought them over to a blue burning foundry. Leaving the gems to melt I went over to work with my gold and silk. With the use of magic and tools I shaped the gold into a series clasps and decorations and the silk into three chokers.

Done with those for now I made my way to the forge to check the gems and was rather glad to see that they were melted in a way similar to heated metal. Which meant my idea worked and they were ready for the molds.

I proceeded to set up the molds in three holes filled with wet sand and a small tunnel to their tops. With that done I poured the contents of the crucibles into them left them to cool.

I made my way outside to wait and gaze that the alien night sky.

Without all the light pollution the sky is actually rather beautiful. I closed my eyes and simply stood there till the sun rose.

Back inside I went over the now formed and glowing gems. 'No cracks. No flaws. And attempting to pull magic from everything, well, every living thing that is.'

I finished the necklaces and made to inspect the green waxy residue from the forming of the gems. I decided to throw it into one of the crucibles and repeat the process, only with an unknown goal in mind this time.

I will give them a few days to gather the gems, maybe a week, before I call them back.

'Hmm, I wonder if I can do anything with the binders Succubus. I might, might, trade there souls to her for it. I'm sure actually going through the process of binding a demon to a weapon could be quite fun. Or maybe...' My thoughts trailed off as I turned back to my cursed foundry's blue flames and the green glow emitting from the crucible within.

A jagged smile cleaved its way across my face at a simply wonderful idea.

Author's Note:


Design by Floralisole

Gems are these shapes.
Sonata's is top right, Aria's is middle, and Adagio's is bottom middle.