• Published 4th Jul 2019
  • 10,113 Views, 316 Comments

Cursed Reliquary - Khanathara



My name used to be Joshua, I was someone who made cosplay props and sold them for a decent price. Now I am Nox The Unfortunate and I will sell my items for any worthy price.

  • ...
30
 316
 10,113

Token of Nox

Even with that rather poor ending to my... guest's little visit, it brought me knowledge worth knowing. To not be restricted this plane would be rather g̸̤͗ĺ̶̟o̷̤̿r̷͈̀i̶͓͗o̵̻͊ṵ̸̓s̶͈̉. Granted I might be capable of doing so without one of these 'Tokens,' but the thought of doing so has never occurred to me.

Let's do this the safe way for now, it will serve me no good if I end up trapped between dimensions.

"What to use, what to use..." I mumbled to myself while going over my raw materials. "Gold is cheap and easy to get but far too useful for making magic items. Iron is not as cheap and slightly harder to get but strong and annoyingly magic resistant. I could use crystal, but getting or making worthy crystal takes too long for my liking. Hmm..."

"I have some platinum, it is rare and valuable but also rather useless in terms of making any magic items as it has property's similar to Iron if slightly less resistant. Hmm, platinum it is."

I lifted the small chunk of Platinum that I had and I did whatever felt natural to make this unique item of power.

As I channeled my magic the small hunk of precious metal did not begin to float till I was outputting far more magic than should have been required to do so. Once it was steadily floating over one hand I brought the other over channel from the top side.

With a rotation of my hands the metal warped and changed, all the while I began what I could only assume to be what my message and summoning phrase would be.

A coin of quarter size
One side smiles, while the other beguiles
A flip to see your fate
Be it doom or a trick of mind
Summon I, N̸̖̕o̸͕̍ẍ̷̡́ , but only when you have something to offer
Or be befouled by ĉ̷̖ů̴͚ŕ̴͎s̶̤͘e̷̻͝d̴͓̍ ̴̘̅l̸̛̫u̸̻̒c̵̻͗k̴͓̅

As the final word left my mouth I felt an uncomfortable and unnatural binding fall over me and the newly formed token. Taking the coin back in hand I looked over both sides of it. On one it had a devious smile, while the other had what I could only assume to be a cake with five candles.

After inspecting it I continued to do as felt natural to do and gave it a flip. As it spun into the air a swirling vortex of green and violet opened and caught it for me. 'Interesting.' I went to bring my hand to my chin in think only to notice a light weight in it. Looking I saw the same coin, only now the light reflecting off of it was tinted violet.

Author's Note:

The smiling side
The cake side
Only the coin it self is more high definition.