• Published 19th Jun 2019
  • 4,837 Views, 769 Comments

Harmonic Gift From The Stars - DTavs exe



A human machine falls from the sky and Twilight, with the help of her friends discover all its musical secrets.

  • ...
9
 769
 4,837

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 46: Don't Let Nothing Hold You Down.

A tin layer of snow still decorated the roofs and roads of Ponyville and cold winds blew around every creature in town, nonetheless the ponies needed to start the day, the market stands prepared their goods, some ponies sang a song in the middle of the plaza, hoping to earn a few bits, the birds flew around just like some of the pegasi and other winged creatures, a wall eyed mail mare collided with one of the market stands, the mail mare apologized profusely but most of the habitants were used to her antics.

At Cheerilee’s school, the foals prepared for class when their teacher entered the room, she was followed by a small filly, her coat was beige, her mane and tail were light brown, she was wearing a gray vest and a bowler hat to match, her eyes seemed nervous but full of enthusiasm.

“Good morning class, I want to introduce you to a new student,” Cheerilee turned to face filly, “come on little one, introduce yourself to the class.”

The little filly smiled nervously and stepped up in front of all the foals in class, “hello, my name is Lu-Lucky Tune and-d I’m from F-Fillydelphia-skibit,” she said quickly, almost biting her tongue in the process.

“Hi Lulucky!” the group of fillies and colts replied in unison, gaining a facehoof from the newcomer.

The filly took a deep breath and let it out slowly, she then talked in a more calmly manner, “I am sorry, I meant to say that my name is Lucky Tune and I am from Fillydelphia, nice to meet you everypony,” she slowly bowed while the foals stared at her and some of them began to whisper.

“That was weird, right Sweetie Belle?” Scootaloo asked her friend next to her.

“Yeah, what do you think, Apple Bloom?”

“Well Ah think that there is somethin’ wrong but it ain’t with the new filly, y’all, look at Diamond Tiara,” the other two stared at the heiress of the Rich family sitting at the other side of their group in front of Silver Spoon, she was biting her pencil and she seemed nervous, some sweat droplets could be seen on her forehead.

Scootaloo poked Silverspoon with her hoof, “hey Silvy, what’s wrong with Diamond Tiara?”

The gray filly adjusted her glasses and stretched her neck to see the pink filly’s face, “oh no” she whispered, she then turned to face the cutiemark crusaders, “I think this is like bad.”

Apple Bloom’s eyes went wide, in a feat of strength and speed, she lifted Scootaloo and switched places with her in an instant, “what’s wrong? Is she sick? Should Ah carry her t’the hospital?”

“What? No, is not that, it seems like she is like having a relapse with her old tendencies.”

“What do ya mean Silver Spoon?

“Well, she has made peace with all the class by now, but like what we have here is a prime target for bullying, I mean, she is the new filly in town, she is wearing a funny hat, she seems to have a speech impediment.”

“A what? Speech in-condiment?”

“A speech impediment is a disorder where the normal speech is disrupted,” said Sweetie Belle smiling at her own knowledge.

“You will always be a dictionary Sweetie.”

“And you will always be a chicken Scoot.”

“Oh touche.”

“Quiet y’all hey Di, you ain’t gonna try t’bully the new student right?”

Diamond Tiara turned to face Apple Bloom , “I don’t want to, but I couldn’t help thinking like twenty forms to break her spirit, I’m a monster AB, please do something before I hurt her.”

“Ok class, we will start the lesson, oh Lucky, there is a sit in front of Apple Bloom and next to Diamond Tiara, two really good students, I’m sure they will make you feel at home, oops I forgot my notebook, I’ll be right back class.”

“Thank you so much, Miss Cheerilee,” Lucky said slowly again, trying to concentrate in every word while the teacher got out of the classroom.

Back at the group the cutiemark crusaders and Silver Spoon stared at Diamond Tiara who by now, broke the pencil she had in her mouth in half. The filly approached the group while Silver Spoon whispered in Diamond Tiara’s ear “deep breaths Di, deep breaths, we know you can do this, don’t ruin what we build all these moons.”

Lucky finally reached them but before she could sit on the chair, Apple Bloom stopped her, “Ya can’t sit here.”

Lucky stared at her confused, “oh, I see, I understand-didabop.”

“You do?” asked the farm filly.

“Yeah, you are a b-bully,” she said surprising Apple Bloom, “listen here m-miss-skibida-bully, I’ve been l-l-laugh at enough in my previous city for my stuttering and I’m not going to let you get to me, so d-d-do your worst.

“Wait, this is like totally a misunderstanding, tell them Di,”

“I… you… she… stutter... “

“Oh, so you are being b-b-bullied too Diamond Tiara, don’t worry I’m here now and you won’t be alone,” she sat next to Diamond Tiara, she extended her hoof to her, “nice to m-meet you, I like your tiara I hope we can be f-f-friends-sittup.”

At that moment the pink filly felt like a wave of peace flowing in her body, the sweating stopped, her eyes were focused on the filly in front of her, Lucky’s eyes shined with sincerity, her smile was just as bright, Diamond Tiara held the new filly’s hoof and shook it.

“What just happened,” asked Sweetie Belle.

“Ah don’t know but Ah don’t like it none,” Apple Bloom felt weird watching how Lucky didn’t let go of Diamond Tiara’s hoof, she puffed her cheeks and tried to get their attention, “um… Di, ain’t ya gonna explain’ the misunderstandment?”

“Misunderstanding,” corrected Sweetie Belle.

“Oh shush you.”

“Oh yes, sorry about it, um… Lucky, these are not bullies, they are like good fillies.”

Lucky squinted her eyes, “are you sure they are not forcing you to say that, because if-f-f they are then I’ll-”

“It’s the truth, believe me” Diamond Tiara interrupted the filly, “we are now friends, right AB?”

“Yeah, we’re besties,” she said while hugging Diamond Tiara, making her blush a bit.

“Okay, I’ll believe it, in-n that case nice to meet you-bop.”

Scootaloo approached Apple Bloom, “by the way that’s my spot.”

“Oh ya, sorry ‘bout that Scoot,” Apple Bloom moved and Scootaloo sat on her spot next to Silver Spoon.

“Oh and why do you speak weird Lucky?”

The group facehoofed while Lucky giggled, “don’t worry girls, I know t-that I talk funny-bitip, I d-don’t mind it anymore.”

“Ok class, now we can start with the lesson,” Cheerilee said entering the room again, the foals took their seats and listened to their teacher for the day.

~♥~♦~♣~♠~

Today there was just half day of class so the cutiemark crusaders joined by Diamond Tiara, Silver Spoon and Lucky Tune, walked out and talked about life and school, they learned that Lucky still didn’t have her cutiemark so the crusaders offered to help her and she agreed.

“So you are telling me you us-used to be a bully Diamond Tiara?” the pink filly nodded, “I couldn’t have guessed t-that, the foals that used to b-b-bully me were rude and ugly but you are really kind and v-very pretty, ” saying that made Diamond Tiara blush.

Apple Bloom puffed her cheeks again and stepped between Diamond Tiara and Lucky, “ya she was mighty nasty with us, anyway ya said ya wanted help with yer cutiemark right?”

“Oh yeah, I’m getting older and I haven’t f-f-found my special talent.”

Scootaloo walked backward in front of Lucky, “so what do you like doing?”

“I like singing… I really like singing, but I’m not t-that good, for obvious reasons.”

Sweetie Belle bit her lip, “yeah I don’t think that will be possible… I know, let’s do the certified cutiemark crusader tests, patent pending, at the clubhouse," the group agreed and ran to Sweet Apple Acres.

~♥~♦~♣~♠~

An hour and a half later, the crusaders were washing poor little Lucky, while Diamond Tiara washed her vest and Silver Spoon held her hat.

“That was f-fun.. except the part when I got covered in tree sap.”

“Yeah sorry Lucky, we should seriously consider removing that from the list.”

“But that is the most awesome part Sweetie Belle, in fact it is my favorite.”

“At least this time we didn’t end up covered in honey like last time, y’all.”

“Sadly I still didn’t get my cutiemark.”

Diamond Tiara returned with a towel and Lucky’s vest, “don’t worry Lucky, I’m sure these three will help you, oh and Sweetie Belle, like this needs drying and it would take too long with under the sun.”

“What do you want me to do? I don’t know any drying magic.”

“Well I was thinking something like, you spinning it really fast so it dries out”

“Oh yea I can do that,” Sweetie Belle took the vest with her magic and began spinning it while Diamond Tiara used the towel to dry Lucky.

Apple Bloom stared at them and felt something in her stomach, she didn’t know why she did it but she made like she slipped, “woops,” the apple farmer fell in the water splashing some of it, “hey Di, Ah got all wet, can ya help me?”

“Oh AB you are so clumsy sometimes, Silvy pass me the other towel,” the gray filly threw the towel and Diamond Tiara grabbed it and used it to dry Apple Bloom who smiled.

Lucky used the towel she still had to finish drying completely, then stared at the other two, she then let out a soft “hmmm.”

“So we still need to find a way t’find her special talent, y’all.”

“Diamond Tiara, you usually have good ideas, you got something?”

Diamond Tiara scratched her chin, “hmm, how about that thing you were going to show us last time?”

“Oh the Music Box? Yeah I guess we forgot all about it after well… you know the pit and all.”

“Yeah Scoot, maybe the music box could give us an idea, but we don’t know if it will be alone so we can sneak in, let me check with Spike first,” she returned the vest to Lucky then pulled some parchment and a quiver from her saddleback, she wrote a note and fired it with her magic, a few minutes later she received a response by dragon fire magic, “it says that the Studio is alone and everycreature will be at the roof for a few hours, we can go unnoticed.”

“Well what are we waiting for, let’s go!”

“I hope is as interesting as you say it is, Scoot”

“Believe me Silvy, it is”

~♥~♦~♣~♠~

On top of the Castle of Friendship, Princess Twilight was looking at the telescope, next to her was Starlight and Moondancer, while Sunburst was back at the blackboard with Tube Tester and Spike reviewing notes and Tinker Claw was still at school.

“Okay team, it should be just around the corner now aaaaaand THERE IT IS!” Twilight said while watching through the telescope.

“By my calculations it should arrive to the point where it begins its orbit around the planet in no less than an hour.”

“You are right, Moondancer as always.”

Moondancer winked at Sunburst, who smiled and continued taking notes.

~♥~♦~♣~♠~

The group of fillies reached the Castle’s studio where the Music Box resided.

“No way! Really l-like aliens in the movies? Will they eat my b-brain?”

“No Lucky, they appear to be good, in fact there is one that has such a magical voice, he is my prince.”

“You mean the one that sings the, you are not alone, song? You keep singing that one, I sometimes worry that you will marry the song,” Scootaloo laughed, earning a playful hit from Sweetie Belle’s hoof.

“You don’t really believe this thing is alien stuff do you?”

“Come on Di, doesn’t this seem like pretty exciting?”

“I guess so, but aliens? Really?

Apple Bloom removed the cover from the pedestal revealing the machine, the group followed with a coordinated “oooooh”

“That looks like one of those minotaurs, um… computers I think they call them, but a lot like smaller and smoother,” said Diamond Tiara poking at the strange contraption, “my daddy has one, paid a lot of bits for it and has more buttons.”

“Well Di, why don’t ya try and press that button,” asked Apple Bloom.

“Fine, let’s see what’s the deal with this,” she pressed the button and an electric guitar began playing.

“Hmm, this sounds nice, it sounds really good,” the rich filly said enjoying the tune, then the first verse ended, “wait what? How does that thing?”

“How does t-that thing what? Diamond Tiara.”

“Nevermind, it must be a coincidence, like how many songs do you say that thing has Apple Bloom?”

“We dunno, Ah reckon Ah have heard ‘bout twenty already.”

“Wow”

“Spike once told me that according to Professor Tester, it seems to have a huge amount of information in this music box, to compare it would be equivalent to three times all of Equestria’s books and then some.”

“WHAT?!?” asked in unison Diamond Tiara, Silver Spoon and Lucky Tune.

Scootaloo laughed at their reactions, “we told you it was awesome.”

Diamond Tiara continued listening to the song and she felt like it was meant for her to listen to this song, “AB,” she called out the apple farmer, who directed her attention to Diamond Tiara, “why do I feel that this song was meant for me?”

“What do ya mean Di?” Apple Bloom wasn’t paying much attention to the lyrics just enjoying the song but after Diamond Tiara’s comment she paid more attention to them, “Di, ya know we forgave ya, right?”

“Yeah I know, but I think I like… got off too easy, I mean look at me,” Diamond Tiara’s eyes were getting a bit moist, “I still have a good standing in school, my grades haven’t faulted, I never got any kind of punishment for all the years I bully you and your friends, I should have been punished more severely, but you, you just forgave me and that was it.”

“Don’t forget that Scootaloo literally made me her slave for a moon.”

“Shhh Sylvi, read the mood… also you know you enjoyed it,” the pegasus scolded the gray filly.

Apple Bloom watched her friend’s face was now full with tears and her eyes were red, “Di, please don’t do this to you, nopony thinks like that, you are now good and you are now my friend.”

“But I don’t feel like I’ve been punished enough I haven’t done enough, maybe I should-”

Apple Bloom shut Diamond’s mouth with a hoof, “t’what end are ya punishin’ yourself? T’make yourself acceptable before everypony else? Ya don’t have to! We already think you are our friend!”

“If I’d only known then what I know now, I’d-”

Apple Bloom interrupted Diamond Tiara again, “don’t beat yourself up ‘bout your lack o’ knowledge back then, do ya do things differently now than ya did in the past? Well Yee haw to that! You’re a pony and as long as you’re growin’, learnin’ and changin’, you’re on the right track.”

“But what if I don’t have the strength to continue on the good track?” Diamond Tiara lowered her face to the ground.

“In that case ya have us, your friends and as long as we live we’ll help you because you’re our friend and you’re important for us, you’re important for me Di, I love you,” Apple Bloom grabbed Diamond Tiara from her shoulders and they were both face to face.

Apple Bloom’s face was dripping with tears as well, Diamond Tiara’s face was forming now a smile as pure as spring water, “you do?” Apple Bloom nodded and everypony else stared at the two of them.

Lucky softly giggled, moved by the moment the two of her newest friends were sharing and she whispered to herself, “I guess I didn’t have a ch-chance from the start.”

Diamond Tiara cleaned the tears from her face and stared directly into Apple Bloom’s eyes, “I love you too,” everypony else stared at them so intensively that they could probably tear holes in reality with their eyes, “you are like one of my bestest friends,” Diamond Tiara said and jumped to tightly hug the yellow filly in front of her.

“AWWW COME ON!” Sweetie Belle screamed, being immediately tackled by Scootaloo and Silver Spoon, the latter covered the unicorn’s mouth with her hoof.

“Hmm, maybe I do have a chance,” said Lucky smiling.

Some time passed and the pair finally calmed down, “sorry girls *sniff* that was so lame of me, I’m ok now, thanks AB”

Apple Bloom let out a sigh that sounded more like disappointment than relief, “don’t mention it, hey how ‘bout we listen t’another song, who’s turn is it?”

“Why don’t we, like let Lucky go next”

“Oh please, after you, you have been waiting more for this than me.”

“Okay, let’s see,” Silver Spoon pressed the button an a beautiful song played.

~♥~♦~♣~♠~

As the large space object slowly moved closer to the planet, some of the monitors came to life, showing words that no creature in Equus could understand, but if they could understand them they would read:

GARDEN WORLD DETECTED…
GARDEN WORLD NOT IN DATABASE.
VESSEL LOCATION UNKNOWN, CALIBRATING…
UNABLE TO COMPARE WITH STELLAR CHARTS.
STARTING DRIVES DIAGNOSIS…
GENERAL DATABASE CORRUPTED.
EMERGENCY VESSEL CONTROL DATABASE OPERABLE.
VESSEL DIAGNOSIS… … …
VESSEL LIFE SUPPORT SYSTEM STABLE BUT ENERGY LEVELS CRITICAL.
VESSEL PERSONNEL SURVIVAL STATUS...
92%
VESSEL CIVILIAN SURVIVAL STATUS…
99.01%
VESSEL LIVESTOCK SURVIVAL STATUS…
0%
VESSEL FLORA SURVIVAL STATUS…
23%
MAIN PROPULSION SYSTEM OFFLINE.
SECONDARY PROPULSION SYSTEM AT 3%
HULL INTEGRITY UNDER ACCEPTABLE LEVELS.
SHIELDS OFFLINE.
DETECTING ORBITAL PROVES...
ORBITAL PROVES DETECTED 1 OF 80 REMAINING.
CALCULATING CURRENT TRAJECTORY...
UNKNOWN GARDEN WORLD ORBIT.
COLLISION TRAJECTORY CALCULATED CORRECTING COURSE.
SECONDARY PROPULSION SYSTEM AT 0%
SECONDARY PROPULSION SYSTEM OFFLINE.
UNABLE TO CORRECT COURSE COLLISION IMMINENT.
DETECTING UNKNOWN FORM OF ENERGY.
UNABLE TO RAISE SHIELDS.
CALCULATING CURRENT TRAJECTORY…
STABLE TRAJECTORY ORBITING GARDEN WORLD NO COLLISION ESTIMATED.
BEGIN ARRIVAL PROTOCOLS.
UNABLE TO REACH ORBITAL PROVE.
UNABLE TO BEGIN ARRIVAL PROTOCOLS.
STANDING BY… … … … … … … …

~♥~♦~♣~♠~

“Wow that was close, nice catch Sunburst.”

“No problem Twilight, luckily we had enough magic to correct the object’s course before it was too late,” the group let out a tired sigh for suddenly using a large part of their magic to move the object at a short notice.

~♥~♦~♣~♠~

Back at the studio, the group of fillies listened to the song.

“That was weird, but I kinda liked it. Not something I listen to everyday.”

“Yeah it sounded like nothing in this world.”

“I’m still not convinced it’s aliens though, anyway I guess it's Lucky's turn now.”

“Yay, I just wish that I could s-sing like the girl on the first song-beedapop, I guess not everypony can make their dreams come true,” Lucky said and then pressed the button and was startled for what she could only guess was a man making noises with his mouth.

“That’s loud,” said Sweetie Belle, “it’s barely singing”

“No, it’s beautiful,” said Lucky, her ears turned to catch as much of the song as she could.

“Hey doesn’t that sound like your stuttering Lucky?”

“Yeah it kinda d-does-skadibobob,” Lucky continued listening to the song while her lips followed the sounds of the singer scat singing like she was meant to sing it, then the singer began singing normally, “yes, that’s what I’m talking about, let nothing hold you back, that’s the deal, I love this.”

“Wait, I think I’ve heard about this, it's called scat singing, it’s a form of singing using your voice as an instrument, I believe it’s mostly used in jazz,” Sweetie Belle scratched her chin while remembering where she heard about it.

“GUYS, this alien, he s-s-s-s-said he stutters, just like me, but he can sing, because the stutter and the scat is the same thing YO!

“Well you could say that but do you really think it will be the same, that scat singing sounds pretty hard.”

“There’s only one way t’know, why don’t you try it?”

“But… what if I can’t do it? I d-d-don’t want to fail at this.”

Diamond Tiara approached Lucky and put one hoof on her shoulder, “don’t be afraid of failing, we are here and we are your friends, we will be here if you fall.” Lucky blushed a bit but nodded.

Lucky prepared and she started scat singing at the same time as the song singer, marvelously she could follow every skib da bop bop in the scat singing, and she could feel that the music filled her insides with a warm filling, once the scat singing was done she looked at the roof with tears on her eyes, she then stared at her new friends, “I’m… I’m…” everypony else stared at her, “I’M THE SCATMARE!” she then began scat singing not following the song that had already ended but a new scat singing of her own, she jumped in place and moved her head while continuing singing, suddenly a flash came from behind her, as her flank was no longer blank and a horseshoe with two musical notes adorned it now, she then turned to see her sides and jumped some more “IT’S MY CUTIEMARK, I GOT MY CUTIEMARK YAY!”

The group congratulated her and group hugged her, “I’m glad you got your cutiemark Lucky, or should I call you now Lucky Scatmare Tune?” Silver Spoon said while giggling.

“I think it’s too s-soon for stage names, I want to first meet more p-p-ponies that know about scat singing, or at least about Jazz.”

Diamond Tiara opened her mouth, “hey, isn't there a literally jazz singer at the other side of town?”

“Oh yeah, Bleeding Gums I believe his name is, he used to be more famous but he is retired, not really my cup of tea but maybe we could ask him.”

“Wow guys, you are really kind, I think you will be the best of friends I’ve ever had.”

“Don’t mention it, but now we should leave y’all, Ah don’t want to get caught in here,” the rest of the group agreed and cleaned the place leaving it like they found it, decided to visit that old jazz singer.

To be continued

Author's Note:

Alright, finally I got enough time to write another chapter, WOW it's been busy from the start of the year.

You know they don't believe you right?

Yeah, besides you haven't been that busy.

Okay okay, fine, I just haven't had the motivation to write and I know what I want to happen next on this story, is just that getting there is the hard part.

Nah, you are just lazy, so what with that first song?

Oh, well I originally was going to use Metallica's The Unforgiven but to be honest It seemed too dark for the mood of the chapter, hopefully the readers like it, anyway I hope you liked today's chapter as always every comment, advice, request, demand or complain is appreciated and don't forget:

Be polite, be careful, educate yourself as much as you can, respect  your neighbor so that they respect you and may the force be with you,  say goodbye Pinkie.

Goodbye Pinkie. :pinkiehappy:

Say Goodbye Izzi.

well you had enough time to make more naughty pics of me.

HEY!

That's right, how come you don't do naughty pics of me as well?

Well I... GOSH LET'S END IT HERE!

PreviousChapters Next