• Published 19th Jun 2019
  • 4,807 Views, 769 Comments

Harmonic Gift From The Stars - DTavs exe



A human machine falls from the sky and Twilight, with the help of her friends discover all its musical secrets.

  • ...
9
 769
 4,807

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 22: Tales from Auld

“Oh ‘n' that is howfur I subdued a rogue dragon, saved th', at that time, Lord o' Dragons' daughter 'n' earn th' richt tae be named Rockhoof th' Dragon Hero,” the warrior pony said while lifting his mug to drink from it. Many ‘oohs’ and ‘aahs’ could be heard among the patrons at the inn that night after hearing another of the stories from this living legend, now titled Equestria’s Keeper of Tales.

A stallion approached the storyteller and sat next to him, “that was a great story Rockhoof, did that really happen?”

Rockhoof smiled patting the stallion’s back “aye laddie, ilka single word is true.”

“Amazing and you didn’t ask for any reward?”

Rockhoof put the mug on the table, “I’m not to demand a reward fur daein' a guid deed, lad,” his face then turned nostalgic with a tint of a blush, “that bein' said, atween ye 'n' me, th' dragon princess, Magma I believe her name was, the lass had beautiful dark green scales, eyes like the late sun, anyway she wis pure grateful fur rescuing her, if ye ken whit ah mean,” he then laughed stomping the floor making the building tremble.

“Rockhoof, is that you?” a femenine voice said approaching Rockhoof.

He turned to see two young mares carrying mugs on their own, “my friends Applejack and Rarity, as ah live 'n' breathe, how urr ye lassies?” he raised his mug and both Applejack and Rarity replied by bumping it with their own.

“What a surprise seein’ you here Rockhoof, Ah heard you was travelin’ through Equestria tellin’ tales as the Keeper or Tales.”

“Aye, I hae bin traveling a lot, I wis heading west, thinking I cuid pass by Ponyvillle I’m oan th' wey tae visit friends thare. But whit urr ye daein' sae far east from Ponyville?”

“Ah was helpin’ Rarity here with some fabric, we’ve been from store to store all day so Ah thought we could come here to have a drink before bed.”

“Rockhoof darling, since you are heading west we could go together to Ponyville, wouldn’t that be lovely Applejack?” the cowpony nodded.

Rockhoof laughed, “stoatin idea lassie, we shuid drink tae that,” and so they drank for a few hours laughing and catching up until the room was spinning, then returned to their respective rooms to sleep and prepare for the way tomorrow.

~♥~♦~♣~♠~

The morning after, the trio of monies were heading west, a caravan attached to the stallion, while both mares next to him walked.

“Rockhoof, you didn’t have to pull my cart all by yourself, even if I’m a lady I’m no stranger to heavy duty like this, I was planning to take turns pulling the cart with Applejack after all.”

“Na lass, I'm fine, I'm wantin' tae hulp wi' this. For ye wur generous enough tae pay fur my tab lest nicht, I swear I lose track o' time whin drinking with my friends.”

“You are such a gentlecolt, don’t let anypony tell you otherwise, by the by, do you have plans after reaching Ponyville?”

“I cannae say ah hae, likelie visit th' students oan th' School o’ Friendship, tell a few stories, relax fur a few days 'n' then heid wast again.”

“Heading anywhere in particular?” Rarity asked adjusting her sun hat.

“Aye, I'm needin' tae go tae Silver Shoals tae pay a visit tae Celestia 'n' Luna, ye see, tis bin a while sin thay retired 'n' th' auld Starswirl wanted me tae check oan thaim.”

“Luna is stayin’ in Ponyville for a few more days before leavin’ back to travel the country and Ah reckon Celestia might be still relaxin’ in Silver Shoals right now.”

~♥~♦~♣~♠~

At Silver Shoals shore, a tiki bar was just opening, a sleeping white alicorn was right at the bar, when a bulky griffon nudged her a bit waking her up.

“Hehe, ‘morning prin… I mean Miss Celly.”

Celestia requested everycreature to stop addressing her as Princess, she slowly lifted her head “Oh, good morning Gary, one bahama mama and a chocolate cake, please,” the Griffon quickly served the alicorn, she smiled sipping at her beverage, “mmMMmm bahama mama… big mama.”

~♥~♦~♣~♠~

“Yeah, Ahm sure she is just enjoyin’ some peace and tranquility. Hey Rares, why don’t we invite Rockhoof to listen to the music box.”

“Whit's this "music box" ye lassies speak o'?”

“Oh darling, that is a divine idea, you will see Rockhoof, do you believe in life out of this world?”

“Oot o' this world, dae ye mean in th' stars?”

“Exactly darling, well, some months ago, a shiny thing fell on the town outskirts, Twilight being the scholar she’s always been, studied and turned out to be technology from a different race race of creatures from a different world far from this one, we don’t really know the real reason of them sending that big spherical thing but for some reason it plays their music. It’s so fascinating what we have learned about them, like apparently they don’t have magic and depend on technology like minotaurs, they have feelings, they wage wars and they call themselves man and woman.”

Applejack took the word, “An’ don’t forget they have similar classical music, seem to live on a planet like ours, they supposedly live as long as ponies and they have prostitutes.”

“That soonds pure interesting girls, bit th' real quaistion is, dae thay tell tales?”

“Yes!” both mares said at the same time.

“Weel, tis decided then, I will gang as soon as I'm finished wi' mah errants thare.”

The trio continued walking, chatting for a few hours until they reached Ponyville, there they went different ways but decided to join the music box session the day after.

~♥~♦~♣~♠~

The day after, Spike and Luna were walking to the castle from having sight seen the town, “this arcade it was fun, I hadn’t had this much fun since before I was banished, I wish I knew this arcades sooner.”

“Yeah, I can’t even imagine the fortune I’ve spent on those machines throughout the years.”

“Sadly the establishment closes rather early, young Spike, I wish we could keep playing or even play at home.”

“That would be awesome, wait, didn’t the Minotaurs were working on something to watch movies at home?”

“Really?”

“Yup, I heard they are really close even, wouldn’t it be awesome that they also invented something to play videogames at home?”

Luna smiled at the idea, “yes, the fun wouldn’t have to end. I may need to pay a visit to the Minotaur lands soon… you know, because I like innovation and technology.”

“Haha yeah right. Hey we are here, look it’s Rockhoof!”

“Hello Luna ‘n’ Spike, lang time na see”

Rockhoof bumped his hoof on Spike’s Claw and kissed Luna’s hoof.

“What a gentlecolt, I’m glad someponies still make use of yesteryear’s manners.”

Spike opened the door and the three of them walked into the castle to meet the rest, there Starlight and the mane six minus Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie were waiting with snacks for everyone already surrounding the music box.

Twilight stood up and greeted them directing them to their sits, “ok Rockhoof, so basically this is the music box,” she pointed to the machine on the pedestal, “it fell from the sky-” Rarity interrupted her friend.

“I’m terribly sorry to interrupt you, but Applejack and I already explained that to Rockhoof yesterday.”

“Really?” she asked and Rarity nodded, “come on, you know I like to explain that,” Twilight put on a pout “anyway, since you already know that I’ll just explain that you need to press this button in the middle, would you do us the honor Rockhoof?”

“It wull be an honor Princess Twilight,” Rockhoof said while bowing to Twilight.

“Please Rockhoof, just Twilight is fine, the Pillars like my friends, you all bow to nopony.”

“Na, please allow this auld warrior, tae address ye wi' dignity.”

Twilight sighed in defeat, “fine, I guess I should get used to that.”

Rockhoof laughed and approached the music box pressing the button and returning to his spot. A tune with strings started playing

“This reels 'n' strathspeys steals me back tae th' auld times, I kin cop it this is a song fur a stoatin story,” they kept listening when the first verse began, “I knew it, th' best stories begin wi' chaos, desperation 'n' destruction, th' chorus o' this song mak's mah blood pump, definitely this is an epic o' thae aliens.”

“This really sounds like a tale of old, darling, so I understand this ‘white wolf’ would be the hero of this story?”

“No girl, he is no hero, I can almost see the story unfurl, the white wolf didn’t want to fight, he was bound by destiny and he chooses to follow it and he will do what he needs to do to survive, even if this means to stain your claws and fangs with blood, I remember there is a tale like this on my old village filled with war, love and magic.”

Starlight sipped from her cup, “I think I would like to hear that story,” she said and everyone else agreed.

“Aye 'n' ah wull gladly tell th' stoory efter, richt noo let us continue listening tae this stoory,” they kept listening for the remaining of the song until it ended, “Huzza, sic a stoatin song, it mak's me wantae skelp some baddies wi' my shovel,” Rockhoof lifted his shovel and mave several spins and trusts.

Applejack watched in awe how Rockhoof moved with precision and strength, “hey Rockhoof,” the warrior stopped to listen to apple pony, “Ah been tryin’ recently to connect with muh ancestry, my grandpappy was a colonel in Celestia’s army, so I was thinkin’ if you would teach me how to use muh grandpappy’s lance?”

“That wid bring me stoatin honor lassie, let's begin th'morra mornin'.”

“Woa, that sounds awesome, do you mind if I come and watch AJ?” Rainbow asked at which Applejack agreed, “so it’s settled, hey we still have some time why don’t we listen to another song?” everyone agreed and let Luna press the button this time, there was no music this time just a male voice singing.

“A Scotsman? Would that be a different kind of man?” Spike asked confused.

“Probably just to refer to where they come from, like Equestrian or Casquillian,” Twilight responded.

“Whoever this Scotsmen ur, I see thay ken howfur tae hae fun.”

Everyone started clapping their hooves at the song when the second verse came up.

Rainbow scratched her head, “what would be weird about not wearing anything under a skirt?”

Rarity took the word, “for what we heard on previous songs, this aliens tend to wear clothes most of the time, is customary to wear undergarments when one wears a skirt, remember the cheering ponies, when we wore gowns for the grand galloping gala, or for the weddings we have participated.”

“Woa woa woa, do you mean to tell me the panties weren’t optional for those? You know I don’t like wearing them.”

Rarity’s eye twitched but calmed fast, knowing it was probably her fault for not telling Rainbow before she put on the dresses.

“Haha, they lifted this man’s skirt, oh boy Ah bet if he was awake he’d be mad.”

“A dinnae ken lassie, it depends oan howfur beutiful this wifie wur”

All mares rolled their eyes at Rockhoof statement and kept listening to the story.

Rainbow snorted at the lyrics, “di-did they tied the blue ribbon on that man’s thingy?” all mares laughed meanwhile Rockhoof and Spike cringed at the picture in their heads, “first price? BWAHAHAHAHAHA,” Rainbow laughed and laughed almost choking.

“Aye, anither stoatin story, ah can’t wait tae tell it in my journeys, fur whit ah kin see, twa o' th' maist important stories ur th' ones tae lea ye in awe 'n' th' ither is tae lea ye laughing, thae aliens seem tae master thaim, I wish I cuid meet thaim sae we kin share mair stories.”

“Who knows, maybe in the future we could meet them in the stars, but for know I think you promised us a story”

“Aye I jalouse I did, weel bygae me a beer 'n' git confortable, everything began whin in a wee toun wis in danger wi'...”

And Rockhoof told them a story of epic battles, heroism and romance, they listened and snjoyed the rest of the day.

To be continued

Author's Note:

Sorry I posted this so late, but I got a bit delayed on this one, shouts to Kirov and Dark Feather to give me the idea to use the songs this chapter, I loved how Rockhoof had a Scottish accent and knew I had to use these songs for that.

Hey what gives? I wasn't in this chapter.

Sorry Pinkie, I tried to add you and Flutters but I couldn't think on anything to make it funny sorry about that.

*Tch* fine, I guess I can't be on every chapter, so what with this Scots?

Oh they are a really interesting bunch, they are merry and get along with everyone... well except with Englishmen, they are enemies with the Scots, or Welshmen and Scots, or Japanese and Scots, or Scots and other Scots, Damn Scots! They ruined Scotland!

Them Scots sure sound like a contentious people

Ow, I wouldn't have said that, I suppose you just made enemies for life, by the way, Lord of Dragons on Rockhoof's Story wasn't Torch it was his Grandfather, making Princess Magma his mother and I bet who I think Torch father is *wink* anyway I hope you liked today's chapter as always every comment, advice, request, demand or complain is appreciated and don't forget:

Be polite, be careful, educate yourself as much as you can, respect  your neighbor so that they respect you and may the force be with you,  say goodbye Pinkie.

Goodbye Pinkie. :pinkiehappy:

Say Goodbye Izzi.

Hasta la vista, nene!

PreviousChapters Next