• Published 19th Jun 2019
  • 4,802 Views, 769 Comments

Harmonic Gift From The Stars - DTavs exe



A human machine falls from the sky and Twilight, with the help of her friends discover all its musical secrets.

  • ...
9
 769
 4,802

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 1: IT TALKS... I think

It’s been 2 days since the strange metal object fell on the outskirts of Ponyville and you could see that Twilight was more than certain that this was made by an intelligence similar or greater than any species on her planet, after making good progress with the strange sphere she was able to open it and found out that it was quite easy to handle after you learned how the mechanisms operate, she opened the sphere and discovered it was just the first of 3 shells meant to protect a number of boxes, some of them contained tools she recognized, some others that she didn't, some things that appeared to be seed packages, a box with a red cross with appeared to be medical supplies, but the most intriguing discovery was a piece of very sophisticated equipment, right at the very heart of the device.

It consisted of what seemed to be a black plastic box that could be open like a powder case, inside one of the halves had a smooth black layer and tiny square on the top right corner, on the other half there were several buttons with symbols she didn’t understand plus what looked like a smooth half of a ball.

Twilight’s studio was a mess, with notes and drawings of the orb and it’s insides all over the place “I guess is enough for today, let’s wrap it up and get something to eat” she stood up and was about to go down to the kitchen when a pink blur swooped in front of her.

“Hiya Twilight! What you doing?” Pinkie said bouncing on her tail and then jumping in front of Twilight.

“Nothing much Pinkie, I was finally able to reach what seems to be the most inner part of this machine, you see, I think the outer layer was meant to protect the internal components and after I managed to open it” -meanwhile Twilight was rambling about her findings Pinkie took the chance to see what was inside the big shiny ball that almost fell on Ponyville- “ so basically I believe that those little nubs are buttons but I don’t really wanna touch anything before I’m completely sure of what... they... do… Pinkie?

“Oooh what does this button do?” Pinkie said her hoof just mere millimeters close to one of the device buttons.

Twilight was frozen by what she saw and had only time to think please, please, do not push the button, you have no idea what it… *push* a single movement of a hoof and Pinkie had done the unthinkable, hours of research, now ruined because Pinkie was curious and now the device will explode, or implode or whatever thing it that button was meant to do… except that it didn’t explode, it just turned on, the black smooth layer inside showed some symbols and what appeared to be a warning, and finally started playing some sounds,

something similar to the beep and sounds her machines do when they are turned on at the same time, meanwhile the tiny rectangle on the top right corner turned green and on the screen you could see several lights and colors following the pattern of the sounds.

“Oooooh I like it, sounds pretty” Pinkie said while she started to dance at the repetitive, yet for some reason still melodic sounds of the strange machine.

"Pinkie in the name of Celestia! what are you doing?!" Twilight said, afraid to even go near Pinkie and the device.

“Dancing you silly filly, what does it look like I'm doing?”

“That’s not music Pinkie! That must be some sort of alarm or even a message *gasp* I need to record it! SPIIIIIKE WHERE IS MY RECORDING EQUIPMENT! OR THE RECORDING STONES! OR AT LEAST THE VINYL RECORDER!” Twilight screamed running around the castle looking for her stuff. When she returned she found both Spike and Pinkie dancing at the sound of the machine “Hey come on you two, this is supposed to be a research, not a dance competition.” Both stopped dancing and helped Twilight set up her recording equipment.

“Ok now I will be able to keep a record of this strange sounds and find out if there is an actual message on all this noise” she turned on her recorder but could only record for a minute and a half after that, the weird device turned itself off “is that it? that can’t be it, come on what button did you push Pinkie?”

“That one with the red triangle” she said as her hoof pointed the machine.

“Ok let’s do it again-” Twilight pressed the button “-aaaand” the device turned on but the tiny rectangle on the top right corner that was green when the sounds were playing now turned red and on the screen you could only see what appeared to be a red symbol, a rectangle with an ‘X’ in front, meanwhile the machine machine blurred what sounded like words but in a language she had never heard before then turned itself off again.”Oh come on that wasn’t even a minute,” Twilight pressed the button again but only got the same result “well, at least that was more like a message and not just sounds and noises”

“Aww I was liking the music,” Spike said scratching the back of his head “it reminds me of what Vinyl usually plays, so how are you planning to discover what all that mumbo jumbo said Twilight?

“Oh ho ho, well that’s where a little magic engineering comes in hoof, my purple scaled friend,” Twilight puffed her chest and flew to one of the shelves looking for an specificity book, after a few seconds she found it and flew back “this is Bocafloja’s book of tongue spells, well at least the translated version”

“Bocawhaaaat?” Pinkie asked while giggling “That sounds funny Twilight, are you sure you are not making names up?”

“Bo-ca-flo-ja Pinkie, Bocafloja el Parlero was a unicorn from the country of Los Casquillos, he liked talking A LOT!, legends say that he could talk for days at a time, so when he first came to Equestria he was upset that he couldn’t understand or be understood by anypony, he was also known to be really impatient, so instead of learning Equestrian he made several spells that could be used to translate any language from the globe, I bet I could adjust them to translate alien language-” *grumble* “- um… thinking twice why don’t we grab some food first, I’m starving."

[One hour later]

"Gee Twilight and I thought I had a big appetite," Rainbow said while laughing and walking back to the castle from Bouncy Bun's hayburger joint where she met with Spike and the girls "those were like 10 hayburgers, hayfries and a huge soda and you hid it so fast on your saddlebags!"

"I did not! what are you talking about? you saw that I ordered just 'the usual'" you could see that Twilight's eyes went from side to side nervously.

"But Twilight your usual consist in two number 9s, a number 9 large, a number 6 with extra onions, a number 7, two number 45s, one with cheese, and a large diet soda" Spike read from a scroll then burning it with his fire.

"Et tu, Spike? *sigh* I can't help myself, I just LOVE hayburgers and Bouncy Bun's are the best, the softness of the bread, the quality of the preparation, the perfect ratio and freshness of their ingredients are just some of the qualities every hayburger joint should aspire to…"

Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes "SooOOoo what was Pinkie rambling about you opening that weird sphere before she ran off to the bakery?"

"Oh yeah, I managed to open it, it was quite simple if you ask me... like it was designed to be accessed with ease... anyway, now I'm sure it was made by a high intelligent race and with Bocafloja's language spells we will be able to understand it."

They finally reached the castle, ate the hayburgers and Twilight prepared the spell "alright the moment of truth, wish me luck" a sudden flash illuminated the room blinding everyone for a few seconds, once the light deemed they could only see Twilights recording equipment shining with the aftermath of the spell. “That should do it, Spike would you do me the honors?”

“What? Why me?”

“For starters, you owe me for telling Dash about my order… and then… I’m actually terrified the spell won’t work on alien speech.” Twilight was rubbing her hooves nervously, Spike just shrugged and nodded, there was nothing more than pressing ‘play’ but for Twilight, it could be the key to one of the most important discoveries in all pony history, Spike pressed the button and they recognized the last part of the ‘song’ the machine played before shutting off, but there was something different, they could actually understand what it was saying and Twilight couldn’t be happier.

“YES yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes” Twilight said while jumping in circles around the room with a smile the size of a hydra.

“Hey this sounds pretty good, but what does that thing means by ‘around the world’? Does it say anything else? what world are they talking about?” Rainbow asked bobbing her head from side to said to the beat of the music.

“I have no idea but at least we know the spell worked, now we will probably understand the second message it gave us when we tried to turn it on again, aaany moment now...” the music stopped and then the second message played loud and clear *beep* [BATTERY CRITICALLY LOW - RECHARGING - PLEASE WAIT]

It all made sense now, it was out of juice and it was charging itself now, but how was it charging? How long would it take? And how will they know when to be able to use it again? Twilight’s mind was full of even more questions now than when she began but she decided that patience would be the best course of action.

“Alright it’s decided, I’ll keep an eye on the device to see if there are any changes in it let’s get together in a week and we will try to turn it on again,” Twilight was decided that she was going to get answers one way or another “I’ll need all hooves on deck for this one, Spike, send a letter to all the girls to clear their schedules for next weekend, we will do some science.”

“No problem Twilight, by the way, are you going to always call that thing ‘the machine’ or ’the device’? It got kinda boring after the first fifty times.”

“You are right but what should I call it?”

“I dunno, what do you think Dash?” Spike asked scratching his head.

“Um, well the first thing that came from it was music and is shaped like a box so, why not ‘Music Box’ is simple and to the point”

“Yeah I like it, from now on this device will be known as the Music Box.”

And so started the research on the Music Box, if only Twilight knew that it needed some sort of energy source like the sun for optimal energy charge, luckily the capsules were designed to use any source of energy floating around it and for a mere fluke, the arcane residues left by any spell from unicorn magic, were enough to do the job, even if it would take a few days to charge enough to be usable again.

To be continued

Author's Note:

Alright, so it begins the actual story, as you might remember there was a fic of the Mane 6 Listening to human music many years ago, I loved that story but sadly it never got updated. I tried my very own take on that idea and hopefully you will like it as much, I can't promise weekly updates on this particular fic since I'm planning to upload more, but I can promise that I'll keep updating this story "hasta que el cuerpo aguante" or at least until all of you lose interest in it.

PreviousChapters Next