• Published 19th Jun 2019
  • 4,816 Views, 769 Comments

Harmonic Gift From The Stars - DTavs exe



A human machine falls from the sky and Twilight, with the help of her friends discover all its musical secrets.

  • ...
9
 769
 4,816

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 24: Merry Hearth's Warming

A thick layer of snow adorned the streets of Ponyville while the air blew, bringing air of winter spirit to the souls of the merry ponies and every creature of Equestria. Everypony started putting on decorations to celebrate Hearth’s Warming, a lot of green, red and gold filled the walls and doors while children running, playing on the snow, enjoying peace and harmony.

Everything was calm and serene, except in the School of Friendship where a worried Headmare ran through the corridors carrying a bunch of papers, right behind her was the Vice-Headstallion trying to tell her something for a while now.

“Starlight!” Sunburst yelled for the seventeenth time.

“Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh, I’m an idiot. How could I let this paperwork pile up.”

“Starlight!”

“Oh no, over fifty new students, I need to hire more teachers.” Starlight entered the cafeteria where she poured herself a cup of coffee and then ran out again.

“Starlight!”

Ignoring Sunburst, Starlight kept running to her office, “why is the school so empty… oh yeah winter break… OH NO! I need to review the teacher’s curricula,” she entered her office and finally sit to think.

A panting Sunburst let himself in, “Starlight, gosh I need to get in shape *pant* you need to *pant*”

Starlight looked up, “oh hi Sunburst, I don’t have time to talk right now, I need to rev-” a yellow aura surrounded Starlight’s lips shutting her up.

“Starlight I… wait…” he sat on the chair catching his breath, “Starlight, I hate when you lose perspective on your surroundings, I’ve been following you since you entered the school, anyway I need to tell you I have news, some good and some bad, what do you want to hear first?” the purple mare put on a serious face and pointed a hoof to her still locked muzzle, “oh, sorry I forgot,” he removed the spell.

With her mouth free again Starlight smacked her lips, “fine, give me the good news first.”

“Well, I went through your papers and I’m glad to tell you, I already reviewed the teaching curricula, got the approval for the cafeteria yearly menu, did an inventory of school supplies and I have a number of potential new teacher candidates, including one that is a must hire.”

Starlight snickered, calmer than she was before, “let me guess, mare, unicorn, early twenties, yellowish coat?” Sunburst began sweating, “come on, you don’t expect me to hire her just because she is your marefriend, do you?”

Sunburst face went full red, “she is not my marefriend!” yet, “she is just a friend who happens to be a mare, but that’s not just it, she is really smart and she just got a teaching degree and she asked me if there are vacant positions at the school… she is even visiting Ponyville for the hol… I mean in case there is an interview.”

“Yeah right, that’s why you checked for spare rooms at the castle as well?” Starlight gave Sunburst a grin like a cat that just cornered a mouse, “Don’t worry Sunburst, if you thrust her I’ll hire her… um, I don’t know anypony else on this files, do you have anypony else I know? I need to hire at least two more teachers.”

“Well, there is Princess Celestia, she used to teach at her magic school, but she retired so technically she is free.”

“You know she doesn’t want to be called princess anymore Sunburst, good Idea though, the last I heard was that she went with Luna to Laburinthos and I don’t know how to reach them there.”

“The Minotaur lands? Why would they go there?”

“Something about technology research, you know how the Minotaurs are more advanced in technology than ponies due to their lack of magic, we will need to wait until they return,” both frowned at their problem.

A feminine voice came from the door showing a blue mare with white mane, “why don’t you send her a message through dragon fire? Spike is magically linked to her, so any message sent by Spike should reach Celestia anywhere on the planet.”

“That's a great idea, thanks Trixie this is why I hired you as counselor.”

Trixie sat on the other chair on Starlight’s office, “it’s easy for the Great and Astute Trixie, by the way it seems you both have visits, they are just outside.”

Starlight checked on her agenda, “but I have nothing programed for today, who could possibly be?”

Sunburst shrugged remembering the other thing he wanted to tell Starlight, “um, Starlight? Remember that I told you I have bad news as well?” he said and Starlight nodded, “WEEEEELL.”

The door opened showing a unicorn mare and stallion with happiness glim on their faces.

“SUNBURST MY BOY!”

“PUMPKIN WUMPKIN!”

Starlight’s face went pale, oh for Faust’s sake, she thought while being smothered by her father’s hug, on the other side of the desk, Sunburst was receiving similar treatment from his mother while Trixie was rolling on the floor laughing.

“My big boy, so strong and in such a respectable position as a vice-headstallion, you have no idea how proud I am of you,” Stellar Flare tried to fix Sunburst’s mane while levitating a pair of scissors near his goatee.

Sunburst moved his beard away of his mother’s scissors, “mom, I need to remind you that I’m still Flurry Heart's Crystaller and knock it off with the beard, it stays for good.”

Stellar Flare let go of her son and he straightened his cloak, “please Sunburst, the way you explained it on your letters sounded like you were a glorified babysitter, but now, NOW you are in charge of molding several young minds and not just that, you get to work with such beautiful mares like Starlight and Trixie here, seriously son, when are you going to settle down and form a family, I’m not getting any younger and I want to see grandfoals before I die.”

“Mom...”

“I’m just saying, since it won’t work with Starlight, I thought that maybe knowing more mares would jump start those carnal desires.”

“MOM!” he said while covering himself with his cloak out of embarrassment.

Firelight let go of his daughter then approached sunburst, put a hoof on his shoulder and with a warm smile he said, “you should listen to your mother Sunburst, there is no bigger happiness to watch your little ones play and laugh, right Stella?” the mare nodded.

“Et tu, Mr. Light. Mom please, I told you several times that I’ll settle when I meet the right mare.”

“Um… am I interrupting something?” came another female voice from the door.

Sunburst quickly looked at the mare on the door, it seemed that lady fortune wouldn’t smile for him that day, “M-M-Moondancer! What are you doing here?” he stood and walked to the mare grabbing her hoof.

“I was heading to the school’s library when I heard the commotion.”

Stellar Flare practically teleported next to Moondancer, “and who is this lovely mare Sunburst? Is she your special somepony? Hello sweetheart, I’m Sunburst’s mother,” the younger mare blushed while Stellar Flare shook her hoof meanwhile Sunburst’s glasses and jaw laid on the ground.

“Um… hi ma’am, I’m Moo-Moondancer, nice to meet you.”

“Such a polite young mare, Sunburst you make me soooooo proud son,” Sunburst tried to talk but his mother put a hoof on his muzzle, “you should join us for Hearth's Warming dinner tonight.”

Starlight snapped from her annoyed stasis, “wait, what do you mean by Hearth’s Warming dinner?”

“Oh Chipmunk Cheeks this is the surprise. Since you haven’t visited as you promised we’ve been missing you both, so we came here to celebrate Hearth’s Warming with you and the girls.”

Both Starlight and Sunburst eyes almost popped out of their sockets and their jaws met the ground. Trixie was giggling at her friend’s faces, oh this is just delicious but I guess I should help them, she thought, “oh, that sounds truly magical Mr. Starlight’s Dad and Mrs. Sunburst’s Mom however, Trixie is sad to let you know that all of the girls left Ponyville for the festivities.”

Starlight’s face drew a smile of relief, “it’s true! Twilight will spend Hearth’s Warming in Canterlot with Shining, Princess Cadance, Spike and their parents, the Apples left to spend it with Sugar Belle’s family in Baltimare, Pinkie left with Maud and Briarmud to the Pie Rock Farm, Rainbow and Fluttershy went to Cloudsdale and they took Scootaloo and Discord with them, finally Rarity left with Sweetie Belle on a vacation with their parents. I suppose it will be next year, too bad, thanks for coming though,” Starlight pushed her dad and Stellar Flare to the door.

Firelight closed the door with his magic, “nonsense Pumpkin Wumpkin, this just means that there will be less ponies that we thought and will make it more cozy and familiar and it will give us time to know Moondancer and Trixie better since they are important parts of your lives now.”

Sunburst and Starlight color drained from their faces, they both looked at Trixie pleading for help with their stares practically begging for a distraction from this awkward moment, said mare was hardly keeping a straight face, but she was still their friend so, after clearing her throat to get attention to her, she said, “HEY! I know dinner is really important but you guys wanna check one of the most important projects that Starlight and Sunburst are working on?”

Starlight and Sunburst quickly caught on what Trixie meant by that, THE MUSIC BOX, they both thought at the same time, “Trixie you are a genius, we have time before dinner so listening to a song or two from the music box would give us time to think of a way to stop… I mean to shop for ingredients for tonight’s dinner.”

“That’s a wonderful idea Sunburst, here take the list.”

“Alright, Starlight come with me you know the town better than me, Trixie show them the music box with Moondancer,” Sunburst picked the list and ran out the door with Starlight to the market.

“Wait what?” both Moondancer and Trixie said at the same time, but it was too late for Sunburst and Starlight were already gone.

Firelight scratched his head, “what’s this about a music box Trixie?”

“Oh well, I guess I’ll explain on the way to the studio, please follow the Great and Powerful Trixie,” everypony followed Trixie to the studio meanwhile she explained the music box origin.

~♥~♦~♣~♠~

Outside Sunburst and Starlight were buying the ingredients for the dinner, “what are we gonna do, Starlight? We gotta stop this dinner, I can’t have my mother embarrass me in front of Moondancer!”

Starlight picked some cinnamon from the stand and paid for it, “oh come on, I’m sure it won’t be that bad, I’m just glad to be out of there for a moment.”

“Not so bad? They just arrived and I bet my mom is already planning my wedding!”

Starlight picked some eggs and bread from the stand and put them on the basket Sunburst was carrying, “well, look at it this way, she was going to eventually meet your mom, so the faster the better, like a bandaid.”

“But… but… I guess you are right… Oh no!”

“What is it?”

“I just realized I left Moondancer with my mom!”

“Haha, don’t worry Trixie is with them, I’m sure they are fine.”

~♥~♦~♣~♠~

“Wow that is so interesting and you explained it so well you have a knack for teaching Moondancer.”

“Oh it’s nothing ma’am,” Moondancer scratched her head, even if she had better social skills now, she never got used to receiving compliments.

“Oh please call me Stellar, we are practically family now, so how did you meet my son?”

“Oh we met at magic school, but I think you got the wro-” she began but was interrupted by Trixie.

“It’s not fair, the Great and Eloquent Trixie explained the same thing and she wasn’t praised.”

Firelight softly rubbed Trixie’s head, “don’t be like that Sweetheart, you know you are loved, you are a good girl.”

Trixie was in trance, Firelight’s hoof felt really good and suddenly she remembered her mother, it felt nostalgic, but all good things must come to an end, he removed his hoof and broke Trixie’s stasis, “uh what? I mean anyway, this is the music box so as customary, the guests get to press the button. Who will be the first one?” she pointed at the device.

Both guests discussed silently and decided Stellar Flare should be the first one, “allow me Stella,” Firelight extended his hoof to help up the mare.

Trixie watched them approach the music box a tiny knowing smile adorned her face, a big I knew it, danced victoriously in her head, the mare finally pressed the button and a merry melody started playing.

Stellar Flare returned to her sit between Moondancer and Firelight, ”aw what a strong but mellow voice, it reminds me of when you sing Firelight.”

”Don't say that Stella, I'm not that good”

Stellar flare pushed him with her hoof, ”don't sell yourself short, you are a great singer, so Trixie, you say these are aliens?” the blue mare nodded, ”they seem to be a merry bunch, what could this Christmas be, I wonder.”

Moondancer stopped taking notes to fix her glasses, ”it appears that it would be a celebration and by the way they mention snow, it's most certainly a winter event, it doesn't seem to say much more so is hard to know exactly what kind of celebration would be.”

”You can declare the Great and Powerful Trixie impressed Moondancer, I just thought the song was pretty, but you were able to get much more from it than Trixie.”

They enjoyed the song until it was finished, ”Is that it? It was a nice tune, I guess is my turn now,” Firelight approached the machine and pressed the button, a sweet piano tune played.

”Oh another song about this Christmas and it sounds like it's a celebration about giving gifts under a Christmas Tree? It seems it is similar to Hearth's Warming, what a coincidence, isn't it?” Moondancer asked taking more notes.

”It is lovely, I think I like it more than the previous one, this one is more um... modern.”

”Hahaha, you never change Stella, you always prefer the modern to the classic,” Firelight said while wrapping a hoof around her, ”I got to admit, it sounds happier and a tad more romantic.”

They shared some silence for the remaining of the song, the door opened just as the song was ending.

”We are back, you missed us?” Starlight said putting the groceries on the floor.

Sunburst ran and grabbed Moondancer from the shoulders making her blush a bit, ”are you ok? I'm sorry I left you with my mother for so long, please tell me you don't think we are freaks now.”

Stellar Flare playfully puffed her cheeks and giggling she said, ”Sunburst, don't be like that, I'm your mother not a monster.”

”I'm ok Sunburst, your mother is a gentle lady, you should've told me more about her.”

”Anyway, with the ingredients here now is my turn to do some magic, can you help me Firelight?”

”I'm on it Stella.”

”The Great and Powerful Trixie will show you the kitchen,” the trio left leaving the other three on the studio.

Sunburst let go of Moondancer who fixed her sweater and glasses, ”hey Sunburst, you never told me, you and Starlight were siblings.”

This caught both of them off guard, ”what? We are not, what do you mean?” he said, while Starlight put on a worried face.

”Oh... is just that... nevermind, is probably nothing.”

~♥~♦~♣~♠~

the group used one of the smaller round tables, lots of food adorned the plates, the smell was delicious.

Stellar Flare picked some bread and spread some butter on it, ”there's nothing like being with family! Moondancer, where are you from?”

”I'm originally from Manehatten, but we moved to Canterlot when I was a filly”

Firelight picked some sauce, ”Manehatten, Windy City, huh? I had a friend who worked on a skyscraper in Manehatten, once he told me the wind blew off his lunch once to the nineteenth floor. Eat some bread munchkin. So Miss Moondancer have you and Sunburst been dating for long?

Sunburst almost choked with a spoon but managed to spit it, Moondancer replied, ”It's not like-like that. We're friends and colleagues now.”

Stellar flare patted Sunburst back and then went back to her seat, ”that's how it starts out colleagues Me and Sunburst's father, may Faust has him in her glory, were colleagues. Next thing you know he's kneeling and proposing with a golden ring.

”Mom please, it's no like that.”

”WiII you hush up Sunny? You never shown interest in a girl before except Starlight. The least you can do is let us talk to her. So Moondancer, do you like children?”

”Um... yeah.”

”Oh, that's wonderful. I can't wait for Sunburst to bring me home some grandfoals.”

”Mom please!” Sunburst begged, so Stellar Flare stopped with the teasing and returned to her baguel.

”Trixie thinks you're gonna enjoy making them babies. Trixie can recognise childbearing hips when she sees some. The babies will pop right out.”

At all this, Starlight was as quiet as a mouse, she was sorry for Sunburst but meanwhile the focus was on him she might be able to slip through the shadows.

Firelight sipped on his wine glass, ”Stella, you still got your wedding dress right? I remember it was really beautiful.”

”It's true, I still have it, Moondancer If you want it, you can have it, you'd look so lovely in it. It's white, though. You can wear a white wedding dress, right?” Sunburst facehoofed and Moondancer blushed but nodded, ”Now, Sunburst, you can wear a white tuxedo.”

”Mommy please,” Sunburst was starting to tear a bit.

”Stella, you are going to embarrass Sunburst.” Sunburst looked up Firelight with hope, ”nonetheless I hope you got a strong back Moondancer. when you get all that stallion to release all that that's been built up for years and years, Just wanting and wanting and wanting! WHOO! Might make your head blow off.”

Sunburst levels of embarrassment were off the charts, he just stood there, frozen for he was unable to stop this train wreck.

Firelight, gulped another glass of wine, ”I know a wonderful church down in the next town of Sire's Hollow, but they are a bit retrograde, they won't marry you if you're a lesbian.” he move to put a hoof on Starlight's shoulder, ”not that I have anything against lesbians. I love lesbians, Pumpkin.”

Starlight was drinking some wine as well and almost all of it came out of her nose, ”wait what?”

Firelight continued ”there's nothing wrong with a little bingo. A little experimenting never hurt anybody, I'm just happy you found Trixie and I hope she makes you happy.”

Trixie almost lost it, she was about to let out a huge laugh but contained herself.

”Wait dad, me and Trixie are not-”

Trixie interrupted Starlight with a hug and rubbed her cheek against hers, ”not ashamed to show the world our love, are we honey?” Starlight was about to say something but Trixie put a hoof on her muzzle, ”no we aren't, what do you think Mr. Light or should I call you Dad?”

A single tear fell from Firelight's eye, ”of course you can Trixie, come here my girls,” he hugged both mares while the other three were watching.

The remaining of the dinner was spent in relative peace, once everyone was done embarrassing Sunburst and Starlight they decided it was time for bed.

“I’ll wash the dishes, is the least I can do for such an amazing time,” Moondancer picked up the dishes and head to the kitchen.

Sunburst stepped up and walked behind Moondancer “I’ll help.”

Trixie let out a yawn, “Trixie is plumb tired, wanna go to our room and kiss each other's faces honey?” she laid hugging Starlight who looked as annoyed as Cranky Doodle on Mondays.

Starlight pushed her friend, “Trixie knock it off and go to your room, we already explained my dad we are not dating.”

“Not with that attitude, we are not… you are no fun Glimmy,” Trixie left trying not to giggle.

“I guess I’ll show you your rooms, here this way.”

~♥~♦~♣~♠~

In the kitchen, Sunburst and Moondancer were washing the dishes in silence, she was washing them while he was cleaning them. They usually touched hooves when passing the dishes.

“Sunburst/Moondancer” they both said at the same time, “you first,” again said in unison, they both laughed Moondancer pointed a hoof to him letting him talk.

“I want to apologize for my mom and Starlight’s father, they mean well but is hard for them to respect boundaries, I understand if you think we are weird after all that.”

“NO, no, no, no don’t worry, I know how you feel, in fact they are pretty much like my parents and sister, it made me feel… like home.”

“Really?”

“Yeah, at least you will be prepared when I take you to meet my parents...” Sunburst was surprised when he heard that and Moondancer just realized how did that sound, this brought a blush on her face, “n-not that there is any pa-particular reason you need to meet them… or… is t-there?”

They both looked at each other, the soft light made both their faces shine, both got closer and closer, their lips almost touching when they heard a voice from the door, “hey Sunburst, I gave your mom the third room on the east wing, my dad is on the fourth so Moondancer can take the second like last… time…”

“I-I-I gotta go, g’nite,” Moondancer stormed out of the kitchen and to her room.

“Was I interrupting something?”

Sunburst cleaned his glasses, “nothing, just the best part of the night,” he sighed, “maybe I should talk to my mom, maybe if we talk alone, she will understand that she needs to let me live my life.”

“Heh, good luck with that, remember third room.”

~♥~♦~♣~♠~

Sunburst approached the door of the room, his mother was sleeping in, the lights were off already, he knocked at the door with his hoof.

“Who is it?”

It seems she was still awake, he opened the door and turned on the lights, “Mom, I know it’s late but I really need to talk.”

From the bed, Stellar Flare looked at her son with her noticeable disheveled mane, “um… can it wait till the morning son?”

“Well, yeah but I really wanted to… did Starlight give you too many pillows? The bed looks too fluffy...” he pushed the bed with his hoof and Firelight’s head popped out of the blanket yelping while Stellar Flare facehoofed. Sunburst let out a girly scream “aaaAAAAAAAAAAAH! MOMMA NOOOOOO!” he kept screaming while he walked to a chair and sat down, “you, him, here, owww… I need a moment...” he breathed deeply for a few seconds, “I’m an adult… I can handle this… I’m ok...” he looked back at them while they just gave a concerned smile, “MOMMA NOOOOO!” he put his hooves around his head.

Firelight sighed, “Sunburst will you keep it down?”

Sunburst stared at him, throwing daggers and with a manly tone he said, “I’M NOT READY TO TALK TO YOU YET YOUNG COLT!”

“What happened, I heard screaming… oh...” Moondancer was at the door without her sweater looking at the scene.

“What’s going on?... ew,” Starlight said wearing a sleepshirt.

“What’s this, a pajama party? Scooch over,” Trixie, wearing onesie with her face all over it, said running to the bed but was stopped by Starlight’s magic.

“That’s it, everypony out, everypony out NOW!” Sunburst pushed the girls out of the room, “ok mom, I just wanna say that I’m hurt… and I don’t think that mothers are supposed to do… whatever you… OH I JUST GOT A MENTAL PICTURE! GET OUT! GET OUT!” he left the room, hitting his head with his hoof.

On the bed, Stellar flare rubbed her temples, “this was not the way I planned to tell them about us.”

“I’m really sorry Stella, it was my fault for not containing myself and coming to your room.”

“Don’t worry, we will explain it in the morning.”

“Well I suppose you don’t want to…” he said with his hopes up.

“Are you kidding me?” she said and he deflated a bit, “of course I want to,” she turned off the lights with her magic and put the covers around them giggling.

That night the castle of friendship housed many kinds of love, from the young budding love, old friendships reunited, undiscovered flouring love and even love, born from the ashes of long lost loves, everything was fine even if the morning was going to be really awkward, but that is a problem for the future ponies, right now love was the only thing that mattered.

Happy Hearth’s Warming.

To be continued

Author's Note:

zzZZzzzzZZZ

He is sleep, should we wake him up?

Nah let him sleep, he is been working overtime for almost a month already.

He should take better care of himself.

Or maybe we should stop eating all his food like pigs.

So no party?

I don't think that's a good idea, besides he is going to take us to meet his family for this Christmas thing, I still think is a rip off Hearth's Warming... HEY didn't he left a note for us to read?

Yup, um... actually a bunch of notes, here.

Ok, um... boring, boring, something about Christmas, boring, something about recognizing the scenes he stole... wow this guy can get really corny when he wants to.

We should say goodbye to the readers Izzi.

Yeah you are right, what's what he says? I hope you liked today's chapter and don't forget to comment and a... give advice, and uh... something something request, and don't forget:

Something about being polite, careful, and study hard... say goodbye Pinkie.

Goodbye Pinkie. :pinkiehappy: Say Goodbye Izzi.

Happy Hearth's Warming and Christmas and whatevs... you know, he is kinda cute when he sleeps, like a huge sleeping sloth.

PreviousChapters Next