• Published 19th Jun 2019
  • 4,814 Views, 769 Comments

Harmonic Gift From The Stars - DTavs exe



A human machine falls from the sky and Twilight, with the help of her friends discover all its musical secrets.

  • ...
9
 769
 4,814

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 4th of July

It was a sunny summer day in Ponyville, Rarity and Spike returned from the fashion show bringing gifts for their friends, they decided to wait for Rainbow Dash return by making a barbecue on the top of the castle, Spike wore his apron and hat while preparing the huge grill and lighted it with his fire.

“Hoo-wee now that’s what Ah call a big grill!” Applejack showed herself with a sack full of carrots accompanied by Pinkie.

“And to think Twilight didn’t want to let me buy it, she said ‘we will never use a grill that big, it’s a waste of bits’ well look at me now Twilight, we wouldn’t be able to enjoy a barbecue without my grill!” Spike said as every time they make a barbecue, on that moment Starlight Glimmer showed up “Um, Starlight where are the hay patties?”

“Oh, I met Twilight when I was going to buy them and she offered to do it” everyone looked at Starlight with a scared expression.

“WHAT? Oh please don’t tell me you let her buy the patties!” Spike begged on his knees.

“What’s wrong?” asked Starlight confused by the sudden reaction of her friends.

“Oh sugarcube, we should’ve told ya, this here will be the first barbecue with Starlight, isn’t it? Well as you might know, Twi really likes dem hay burgers,” Starlight only nodded “Well we don’t let Twilight buy dem hay patties, because she’ll pretty much buy every single hay patty in Ponyville.”

“Oh come on, you must be exaggerating,” Starlight replied laughing when out of nowhere they were involved on a shadow covering the entire of Twilight’s castle roof, “wait, there are no rains programed for today,” but this wasn’t a shadow cast by a rain cloud, it was a sack surrounded by a velvet aura they knew too well, at the sight, Starlight face froze in shock just like everyone else “ok maybe you weren’t exaggerating…”

“I’m back and I brought the hay patties!” Twilight landed with an enormous sack filled with patties “what did I miss?”

“Twilight, I need you to come by my office this coming Monday, we need to talk about your hay burger problem,” Starlight asked her friend while crossed some names and wrote Twilight’s on her notebook.

“Not you too Starlight, I know I have a problem but PLEASE let me have this, I don’t ask much, just to be left alone with my hay burgers!” Twilight plead “Besides, I’m getting better, I only bought enough patties for today, this huge bag has something I’ve been meaning to buy for a long time” she pulled from the bag a deep fryer and a griddle with her magic, “Now we’ll be able to eat fried food as well,” many ohs and wows could be heard.
Some time later Rarity and Fluttershy arrived, with the buns, luckily they watched Twilight going out of the store so they got extra buns, suddenly a loud screech was heard and a bald eagle landed next to Fluttershy, it carried a bag.

“Thanks Sam, I’m sure Rainbow will love it,” Flutteshy thanked the eagle, carrying the bag and putting it next to the grill.

“Is that what I think it is?” Spike asked drooling a little bit.

Fluttershy just put her hoof on her cheek and winked “That’s classified information.” still Spike knew that if Sam the bald eagle was the one who brought it, it most certainly was fish. Pony diet is mostly herbivore, with the occasional animal products like milk, honey, eggs, etc. but pegasi also tended to eat fish, Spike being a dragon should have an omnivorous diet but he would never dare to eat any animal other than fish, it was an exception since Fluttershy, Rainbow and sometimes even Twilight eat it. He waited for those limited times where Fluttershy could spare some fish since it was delicious.

Everypony was chatting on the table while Spike and Twilight prepared the hay burgers and carrot dogs when suddenly Sam the bald eagle, let out a piercing scream, “what is it Sam? Did you see something? Is Scootaloo in the well again?” asked Fluttershy, looking back at the direction Sam was staring, she could see far away a multicolored explosion and that can only mean one thing.

“HeeEEeello Ponyville! You missed me?” Rainbow Dash greeted her friends doing a triumphant pose, she was also carrying her saddlebags which show that were ready to burst.

“RAINBOW DASH” everyone screamed at the same time.

“The one and only, hey who can guess what’s on my saddlebags?”

“Oh oh oh, me me me, it’s a giraffe no a camera, wait a cat? Or maybe the common sense of the author?” Pinkie replied non-stop until Applejack put a hay burger on her mouth.

“Uh ok, no it’s fireworks, I bought them from this griffon on my tour, let’s fire them up!” Rainbow said with stars on her eyes.

“Ah reckon that’s not a good idea sugarcube, it’ll be better if we do it at night.”

“Yeah you’re probably right,” replied Rainbow Dash “Hey are the hay burgers ready? I’m starving… WOA what is that, Twilight?”

“This?” Twilight pointed at her hay burger at which Rainbow nodded “Oh this is just my last creation, the Twilight Bossy Deluxe!”

“Oh no, here we go,” Spike just facepalmed

“It’s a 6 well-done, pure hay patties, cooked in mustard and topped with my own secret sauce, separated by cheese, sweet fried onions and lightly buttered toast with jelly on top… it’s beautiful!” Twilight practically drooled thinking on how this monster would taste.

They all had a good time talking about Rarity's fashion show and Rainbow's tour when it got dark, “hey it’s dark now, can we PLEASE set off the fireworks?” Rainbow pleaded with the best puppy eyes she could muster, nopony couldn’t help but to d’awwn in unison and agreed to prepare the fireworks.

“Hey Twilight, since everypony is here and the music box is charged, why don’t we listen to a song?” Starlight asked.

“That’s a great idea, help me get the music box and the equipment while Rainbow prepares the fireworks” Twilight said while teleporting to the studio with Starlight. After everything was ready she asked “So what do we do first, the song or the fireworks?”

“How about putting the song and depending on how it sounds I’ll set the fireworks?” Rainbow quickly responded.

“Sounds good to me, want to do the honors Rainbow?” Rainbow pointed a hoof at herself “Oh yeah you weren’t here, well we decided to take turns turning the music box on, since you just came back, why don’t you turn it on this time?”

“Oh yeah, bet it will be an awesome song just like me.” Rainbow pressed the button and a set of drums and brass instruments started playing

“This is different, it sounds like an orchestra, it brings back memories,” Fluttershy said with a nostalgic expression.

“Were you in an orchestra Fluttershy?” Starlight asked.

“She was, there she learnt how to direct her birds choir, but Flutters never set hoof on the scenario,” Rainbow responded laughing a bit remembering their times on flight school, Fluttershy blushed trying to hide on her mane.

“Ah don’t know ‘bout any orchestras or none of that, but Ah’m liking this here song, Ah reckon it makes me want to celebrate something important,” Applejack lowered her hat didn’t even knowing why she was doing it.

“Ooooh yeah like a BIG party, the ones that you can celebrate no matter where you come from, or what race or species you are, a celebration of freedom!” Pinkie babbled pulling her party cannon out of nowhere, this time for some reason it was painted with stars on the back and stripes on the front colored red and white “But enough of that, LET’S SET OFF THE FIREWORKS!” she fired her party cannon throwing white, blue and red confetti.

“Yeah I don’t think the song will have any lyrics and for some reason, set off fireworks while this song is playing sounds just right,” Twilight decided to start the fireworks while the song was still playing, all the red, white and blue explosions in the sky were beautiful, many oohs and aahs could be heard and more than a few screams from Sam the Bald Eagle as well. After the last explosion, everypony wrapped up and left for their houses or rooms, all of them with the fireworks and the tune they have heard in their minds… today was a good day.

To be continued

Author's Note:

Happy 4th of July everyone, wow I probably made a record making this one, I'm terribly sorry if there is any mistake but I got the idea for this chapter in the morning yesterday and worked all day and night on it to be released today, I had time to check it just a few times, hope you like it.

I'm still releasing the next chapter this coming Saturday, it's half way there and as always, any correction and advice is greatly appreciated.

PreviousChapters Next