• Published 19th Jun 2019
  • 4,799 Views, 769 Comments

Harmonic Gift From The Stars - DTavs exe



A human machine falls from the sky and Twilight, with the help of her friends discover all its musical secrets.

  • ...
9
 769
 4,799

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 47: Arrival.

The Council of Friendship was gathered at the Castle including Starlight Glimmer, Moondancer and Sunburst, they surrounded the table discussing what would be the next course of action in relation to the space object that was currently orbiting their planet.

Applejack was scratching her head, she stood up, “hey y’all, Ah know this is important, but can somepony explain how that darn thin' is flyin' up there and not fallin'? An’ why can't we see it if it’s supposed t’be closer than the moon right now?”

Twilight summoned a blackboard and made some drawings and graphics, “you see Applejack, technically the object IS falling, but since it’s on a point where it’s traveling around the planet, its gravity is still tugging on it. That tug toward the planet combined with the momentum it had when reaching the planet, causes the object to follow a circular path around our world in an orbit. About why we can’t see it, is because by Celestia and Luna advice, a cloaking spell was cast on it, at least for the time being, until we know more about what’s in there.”

“Aight, Ah guess that’s fair, anyway what are we goin’ t’do with that huge thing?”

“Can’t we just pull it down and open it on land?” Rainbow Dash said brashly since she was already bored with the conversation.

“No Rainbow, one thing was moving it to correct its course, but it’s too big and heavy to safely lower it, not even with the other alicorn’s help, we might need every magic user in equestria to help to accomplish something like that.”

Fluttershy raised her hoof, “but what about all the lives inside that thing, we can’t let them there for eternity.”

“Indeed darling, something must be done, I can only imagine being trapped is such a dreadful state.”

Starlight sipped from her tea, “yes but if they are alive means that there is something keeping them alive all this time they have been in space, I’m sure that whatever is keeping them alive will do so for a long time if not ever.”

Pinkie facehoofed, “Starlight! You can’t say something like that!”

“What? Why?”

“Because that’s jinxing it, in fanfics like this saying something is safe or that nothing could go wrong is asking lady luck to rain in our party, or at least for the author to quickly think of a way to make everything worse,” Pinkie said rolling her eyes.

Everybody just discarded her comment as Pinkie just being Pinkie, “so, Ah reckon why not let it fall in water?”
Twilight shook her head, “that would be just as terrible, even if it’s water it could damage the object and even if it survives the fall, if it were to fall in a lake, the impact would cause the water to overflow and destroy any town nearby and before you ask, if we let it fall in the ocean there will be two problems, one we let it fall near the coast and it could cause a tsunami or we let it fall in the ocean but then we will lose it, it will sink to the bottom of the sea.”

“What about that smaller thing around it?” came a female voice from the door, “isn’t it considerably smaller than the big one, why not bring that thing down first and see what’s in it?”

“Trixie you are late!” Said Starlight, “but she is right, why not bring down the smaller object orbiting the big one?”

“Yeah Twilight, didn’t you say that that small object is only a bit bigger than the capsule that brought the Music Box?”

“That’s still pretty big Spike, but is possible though I will need help, I don’t want to bother Cadance, Celestia or Luna for this, the object should be over us for a few hours now,” Twilight closed her eyes to think on a good strategy, “Starlight and Moondancer, I’ll need your help to pull the smaller object from orbit,” both mares nodded “Rainbow you and I will slow down the object as much as we can,” Rainbow winked and began stretching her wings “Rarity, Trixie and Sunburst, your magic is not as strong but you have finer control, you will direct it so it lands softly on the lake.”

“It will be a pleasure, darling,” Rarity said while Sunburst nodded and Trixie shrugged but then nodded.

“Everypony else, make sure there is nopony to witness.”

“Understood,” said Pinkie in a serious tone, she was now wearing a black suit with black sunglasses, on her hoof there was a strange metallic thing that made a click when she pulled it with her other hoof.

“Ok I don’t know what that is, but you know I mean in a non lethal way right?”

“Oh… of course silly filly, hehehe,” Pinkie said while hiding the metallic device inside her mane.

~♥~♦~♣~♠~

At the roof of the top of the castle, Twilight, Moondancer and Starlight were preparing to pull the smaller object from orbit, Twilight gave them some final instructions when Rainbow Dash landed next to her.

“The lake is clear, everypony ready here?”

“Yes, ok you two, I had more time to sync our magic output with the other Alicorns, but I think we will be ok. Rainbow you may want to back off a little bit,” Rainbow rolled her eyes and gave just a little step back.

The Trio channeled their magic and ignited their horns, suddenly a blast of magic came from their horns, Twilight was right and due to their slight desynchronization, a shockwave came from the beam, strong enough to push Rainbow Dash on her butt, “WOA WOA WOA, That was stronger than I thought.”

~♥~♦~♣~♠~

Inside the castle the shockwave reached the studio and knocked a few books from the shelves, one small book fell on top of the table that moved the little ball that was on top of it this ball rolled around and fell on top of the music box pressing the button, an ominous song came from it.

~♥~♦~♣~♠~

Back at the roof the trio of magic casters finally pulled the smaller object from orbit and was now heading down, “Ok not as hard as I thought, how are you girls?” Starlight and Moondancer waved at Twilight signing they were ok but out of breath, “Ok Rainbow get ready, I’ll cast a heat protection spell on you, once it enters orbit it will be hot as tartarus if it’s like the first one do you have the chained net ready?.”

“Right here!” Rainbow showed a metallic net made out of chains that will help them catch and hopefully slow down the object enough to land safely on the lake. Twilight cast a spell on the net, Rainbow Dash and herself, “feels cold and tickles.”

“Ok Rainbow, get ready, if my calculations are correct the object will come from that side, let’s fly there and we should see it,” Twilight held a scroll in her mouth and the two winged mares flew to the spot where they would be able to see the falling object.

“Twilight there!” Rainbow pointed as a fireball could be seen in the sky, both flew directly to the object, Twilight wrote something on the scroll and magically sent it to Spike.

“Ok, now we need to catch it with the net and slow it as much as we can.”

~♥~♦~♣~♠~

Back at the lake Spike burped a scroll, read it and turned to the group behind him, “okay team, the object will appear oveeeeer THERE!” he pointed at a small fireball in the sky, “Rarity, Sunburst, Trixie now!”
“Ok girls, follow my lead, I calculated the trajectory so it falls on the lake,” Sunburnt ignited his horn, Rarity and Trixie followed him and pointed their magic to the object, Twilight and Rainbow Dash managed to slow it down enough for the trio to easily control its fall. Even if it was easy to control its fall now, the trio of unicorns showed sweat in their heads for the strain of using their magic as carefully as possible.

Tube Tester wearing a tight wetsuit watched as the object, now clear of any fire, continued falling. Twilight and Rainbow Dash finally let go of the net as the object fell on the lake making a huge wave that splashed the group at the shore, “I guess I’m up, boy hold my notes,” Tinker Claw reached out to the notepad with one claw while using the other one to cover his eyes, not wanting to see his mother in the wetsuit. Tube Tester dived in the lake since she was a minotauress, she was a better swimmer than the ponies and Tinker Claw hated swimming. Tube Tester dived deep until she reached the still a bit hot object, she noticed that part of the net fused with the case of the object, she hooked the chain she was carrying to the net and tugged it three times.

Everypony else at the shore received the signal and pulled the chain as hard as they could, Twilight and Rainbow Dash landed next to them and helped pull the chain, hooves could be heard behind them, Moondancer and Starlight were running to the lake and helped pull the chain and once Tube came out of the water she also helped and with the efforts of the entire group, they managed to pull the object out of the water.

It was bigger than the capsule that brought the music box, and its shape was more like an egg, the surface was mostly smooth with some dents and what appeared to be some panels missing, there were also lines that could signal where it could be opened and some engravings with symbols they couldn’t understand.

“Okay, Applejack you got the cart?”

“Yes, Ah did Twi, it’s the biggest we got, Ah hope is enough to carry that thang.”

“It should be enough, let’s take a break then try to lift this thing and place it on the cart.”

“I got some snacks! Come on, eat and recover your energies!” Pinkie laid a blanket and put all the snacks and drinks on top, the group ate and drank while regaining their strength.

Once they were done they used magic and muscle to lift the heavy metal egg and placed it on the cart which creaked for the weight but resisted, they covered it with the blanket and slowly pulled it to the castle.

~♥~♦~♣~♠~

Back at the castle’s studio the group put the egg in the middle of the room, “what do you say boy, can you open this egg?”

“I don’t know mom, this lines seem to be the opening but they are pretty tight,” he jumped on top of it and put his claw on the hole where there was a missing panel, “my best guess is that here there was one of those dark panels, like the ones that fed the music box of solar energy,” he moved his claws around the lines trying to find a weakness in the case, he reached a spot where he could touch something different, “I think this is a locking mechanism, so the the lock should be close,” he touched the surface near where he found the difference, he sensed a part that had a protuberance, he pressed it and it made a clicking sound then a panel made a sizzling sound and lifted itself showing a lever.

“That’s my boy, now shall we Twilight?”

Twilight was sweating for the excitement of getting more technology from these aliens, “do it.”

Tinker pulled the lever and this made a clicking sound and then let out a louder sizzling sound and some sort of gas came out of the lines that separated the panels, “I think that released the opening, let me lift it,” Tinker lifted the opening.

“OH MY GOSH!”

“What! What’s wrong Trixie?” Starlight asked her friend.

“This is Trixie’s ball, Trixie was looking everywhere for it,” Trixie lifted the ball that was next to the music box and began pouncing it with her head while everypony else stared at her annoyed, “what?”

They turned to see the egg again while Trixie continued bouncing the ball on her head and they could see that inside there were several white boxes tied with straps and in the very center there was a white sphere with a black thick line in the center.

“Touch,” said Pinkie while touching the sphere in the middle of the egg with her hoof.

“Pinkie darling, don’t just go and touch that thing, it could be dangerous.”

“It’s smooooth, hehehe”

“It’s not doing anything, it’s boring.”

“Rainbow, we don’t know what it is, we don’t even know if it’s supposed to do anything,” Twilight lifted the sphere with her magic and levitated to the middle of the group, she turned it several times but couldn’t find any kind of button or any way to turn it on.

“Eight, nine, ten oh crap... one, two, three” Trixie counted the times she could bounce the ball on her head.

“If I’m right and the missing panels are the ones that energize it, then it’s probably out of juice.”

“You are right boy, I suggest we take this thing out to see if it WILL YOU KNOCK IT OFF WITH THAT BALL!” Tube Tester grabbed Trixie’s ball and threw it, making it land on a shelf.

“Hey! Trixie was going to break her record,now that I think about it, Trixie is having a deja vu.”

The group decided to go up the roof and take the sphere with them, Trixie’s ball was left alone on a shelf while the group left for the roof. Once the group was gone, from the window an owl came flying, watching how some of the books laid on the ground he grabbed them and put them on the shelves, Owlowiscious moved a ball that was taking space from the book shelf and threw it, it bounced and fell on the Music Box again, a soft piano came from the machine.

~♥~♦~♣~♠~

At the roof, the group put the sphere on the ground with luck it would come to life, barely a minute had passed when the sphere’s black line showed a red twinkling dot, everycreature watched how some symbols appeared on the same black thick line, one of them similar to the one appearing on the music box when it was recharging.

“Oh my gosh, I think it’s working guys,” Twilight clapped her hooves together while everycreature was making a circle around the weird sphere when it made a loud beeping sound, more symbols appeared on the black line that by now they accepted it as a screen, it then made a clicking sound and separated both its sides like they were two halves of an orange, these expanded until they could lift the remaining of the sphere, working as wheels, the group stared in awe as the strange device used its new wheels to movilie itself, it moved from right to left and from left to right, like testing the ground, “amazing, this is simply amazing,” the weird thing took notice of Twilight speaking, it moved directly to the purple alicorn and let out a white light then made some weird noises.

“Watch out Twilight,” said Tube Tester, “we still don’t know if this is safe or not,” the mechanic creature then turned to see the minotauress, it beeped then went directly to the professor, making weird noises again, like it was trying to communicate.

Starlight moved next to Twilight, “Twilight, I think that thing is talking in the alien’s language, can you try using the translating spell?”

“But on what, I need a talisman to be able to use it, like my console with the music box.”

“Well, isn’t that ball tinghy, technically a thing, why don’t you try using the spell on it?”

“Good idea Starlight,” Twilight ignited her horn and cast the spell on the small moving sphere.

The strange thing was surprised and let out a sound sounding like an alarm, “WARNING, WARNING, UNKNOWN ENERGY FORM DETECTED, SCANNING… COMPLETE DIAGNOSIS, ENERGY FORM DEEMED HARMLESS,” the small thing said in a robotic voice.

“It spoke Twilight! Hi little buddy, my name is Fluttershy,” the yellow pegasus stood in front of the weird contraception.

It turned to see her, “UNKNOWN CREATURE, SCANNING” again a light illuminated, “UNKNOWN SPECIES, GREETINGS,” he then turned to Tube Tester again, “MOTHERSHIP NOT DETECTED IN SCANNER, INQUIRY, WHERE IS MOTHERSHIP.”

“Look at this little fella, he must think I’m one of the aliens.”

“HEY! Ball boy, here,” Rainbow Dash floated in front of the machine, “me Rainbow Dash, what are you?”

“Darling, don’t be so rude with the little guy, I’m sure he is just confused, excuse me sweetie, my name is Rarity, what is your name?”

“DESIGNATION, MULTIPURPOSE ORBITAL DRONE SIXTY NINE, GREETINGS, PLEASE DIRECT THIS ONE TO MOTHERSHIP.”

“That’s a mouthful, I’ll call you Mod, hi Mod my name is Pinkie Pie, I can’t wait to throw you a welcome to the planet party!”

“DESIGNATION, MOD PREVIOUSLY USED BY PROGRAMMER IN COMMAND, ACCEPTED, PLEASE DIRECT MOD TO MOTHERSHIP.”

“Pinkie, I think you are confusing it, hi my name is Twilight Sparkle, I think your mothership is the one still in space, here let me show you,” Twilight levitated a picture of the weird object in space taken with the help of the telescope, “here, your mothership is in that direction,” she said while holding the picture in front of Mod and pointing at the sky.

Mod stared at the picture, then a plate on his side opened and one arm came out and grabbed the picture, “PICTURE, UNABLE TO DIAGNOSE STATUS OF MOTHERSHIP. REQUEST, DIRECT MOD TO MOTHERSHIP.”

“Oh Mod, I’m sorry, we have no way to get up there, we were thinking you could tell us how to get it down here.”

“MOTHERSHIP, DESIGNATION, SSE - NEW MAYFLOWER, ARK CLASS VESSEL, SIZE MAKES IT UNABLE TO LAND.”

A multiple awww could be heard from all the present creatures, “then what in the name of Faust is that ship purpose?”

“MOTHERSHIP, DESIGNATION, SSE - NEW MAYFLOWER, ARK CLASS VESSEL, ITS PURPOSE IS TO CARRY ITS CARGO TO TERRA NOVA, INQUIRY, IS THIS TERRA NOVA.”

“No this is Planet Equum.”

“SCANNING,” a huge noise came from Mod, and he went silent, “SCANNING COMPLETE, PLANET NOT ON DATABASE, NEW ENTRY, GARDEN WORLD - EQUUM, PROVE DETECTED, INITIATING ARRIVAL PROTOCOLS,” Mod then used his wheels and when downstairs, the group followed.

“This little dude is creepy, what do you think he means by arrival?”

“I don’t know Rainbow, Mod, what do you mean by arrival, I thought you said the ship is too big to land.”

“ONCE TERRA NOVA OR ANY GARDEN WORLD IS REACHED, VESSEL MUST START ARRIVAL PROTOCOLS, VESSEL SENDS HALF OF THE ORBITAL PROBES TO LAND AND ONCE PROBES CONFIRM LIFE IS SUSTAINABLE, VESSEL WILL SEND CREW IN SHUTTLES.”

“Wait WHAT?!”

“ONCE TERRA NOVA OR ANY GARDEN WORLD IS REACHED, VESSEL MUST-”

“No I got that, but are you saying you are going to have the al.. I mean the crew arrive here?”

“AFFIRMATIVE,” Mod reached the capsule where he came from, he scanned it and then, opened some of the boxes it carried inside, “PROVE SOLAR PANELS DAMAGED, COMMENCING REPAIRS.”

“Twilight, we can’t let this thing bring all the aliens here, it’s too soon.”

“I know Starlight but what do you want me to do?”

Rainbow Dash pushed Starlight, “Twilight you are the princess of Equestria, you can’t let this thing invade our planet just like that.”

“But, but.”

Fluttershy gently pushed Rainbow Dash, “Twilight, you can’t let them up there wither, that is just cruel.”

The opinions of her friends seemed divided, their voices echoed in her head, half of them wanted to let the aliens arrive and the other half thought it was a bad idea, their words were like nails on Twilight’s head, her eye twitched and she was now grinding her teeth.

Twilight stomped with her hoof and using the royal Canterlot voice she said, “SILENCE!” The entire room went silent, so quiet that a single pin falling on the floor could be heard, “I UNDERS- I understand all of your sides, but I took a decision long before we even knew Mod, I as Princess of Friendship, cannot allow another form of life go without help,” a loud bit came from behind the princess, they noticed that Mod finished the repairs already and seemed to be in trance with several symbols going fast on what they understood was his face.

“CONTACT WITH MOTHERSHIP SUCCESSFUL,” he said in his monotone voice, but something seemed off, like if he said it with sadness.

“Is there something wrong Mod?”

“FULL REPORT ON MOTHERSHIP, MAIN CONTROL SYSTEM IS ONLINE, SOLAR PANELS ARE OFFLINE, ENERGY CRITICALLY LOW, ENERGY LEVEL ENOUGH TO SUSTAIN LIFE SUPPORT BUT NOT ENOUGH TO LAUNCH THE SHUTTLES.”

“Mod… does that mean it cannot send the crew?”

“AFFIRMATIVE”

“But isn’t there a way to repair these solar panels to fuel the ship again?”

“REPAIRS ARE NOT POSSIBLE, ALL SUPPLIES FOR REPAIRS ARE INSIDE THE VESSEL.”

“Then what is the problem?”

A red light turned on Mod’s face and a different voice came from him, a more femenine but just as monotone, “MULTIPURPOSE ORBITAL DRONES ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR MAINTENANCE OUTSIDE THE VESSEL, THIS UNIT WAS THE SOLE REMAINING OF EIGHTY UNITS THAT THIS VESSEL BEGAN WITH, CALCULATING POSSIBILITY OF REPAIRS WITHOUT MULTIPURPOSE ORBITAL DRONES... CERO PERCENT. CALCULATING THIS UNIT POSSIBILITIES TO REACH THE VESSEL… CERO PERCENT. CALCULATING CREW POSSIBILITIES OF SURVIVAL... CERO PERCENT. THIS VESSEL HAS FAILED TO ACCOMPLISH ITS DIRECTIVE. REDIRECTING ALL REMAINING ENERGY TO LIFE SUPPORT,” the red light on Mod’s face turned blue again, and the entire group gasped at the same time, have they just witnessed what seemed to be the last message of the ship, just to learn that these aliens fate was sealed.

To be continued

Author's Note:

...
...
...

Well... yeah...

Are you serious?

Kinda...

So they ded?

I guess we'll find out soon, anyway I hope you liked today's chapter as always every comment, advice, request, demand or complain is appreciated and don't forget:

Be polite, be careful, educate yourself as much as you can, respect  your neighbor so that they respect you and may the force be with you,  say goodbye Pinkie.

Goodbye Pinkie. :pinkiehappy:

Say Goodbye Izzi.

No wait you can't seriously end it here!

PreviousChapters Next