• Published 19th Jun 2019
  • 4,814 Views, 769 Comments

Harmonic Gift From The Stars - DTavs exe



A human machine falls from the sky and Twilight, with the help of her friends discover all its musical secrets.

  • ...
9
 769
 4,814

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 15: Just Friends.

Early in the morning, few creatures are up, even less are working like a diligent, gray, pegasus, mare, delivering letters just as the sun caresses the ground for the first time that day, she left a few letters at the castle mailbox, pulling a muffin that usually some of the town ponies kindly left in there for the blonde mailmare.

“Oh, blueberry,“ she said throwing the muffin in the air and swallowing it whole.

Later that day Spike picked up the mail and sorted it as he usually did, “trash, trash, bills, more trash, oh a letter for Twilight from Los Casquillos, I bet it's her pen pal, a coupon for 50% discount on wing wax? ok you are coming with me... OH BOY a letter from Gabby,“ he read through the letter letting out some mumbles and then ran to find Twilight still in bed, he jumped on top of the sleeping alicorn waking her up, “Twilight, Twilight,“ she was hyperventilating for being awoken so suddenly.

She looked everywhere and was greeted by Spike's smile, “what's the emergency?“ she asked her number one assistant.

“Gabby is in town, we'll go to the lake... just wanted you to know“

“Spike! I was dreaming with the Downtown Colts!“ she laid and put a pillow on her face.

“Oh and you got a letter from your pen pal from Los Casquillos,“

“Izzi? oh gimme,“ she read the letter and her face lighten up, “Spike, Izzi is coming to Equestria!“

“Really? What for?”

Twilight picked the letter again, “something about her dissertation, I think she is making a study about plants in Equestria that doesn’t exist on Los Casquillos.”

Spike rolled his eyes and crossed his arms, “you sure are a pair of nerds,” he jumped off the bed, “I need to get a shower before leaving.”

Twilight moved her head to face Spike, “wait, are you going to join today’s session with the music box?”

“I dunno, maybe, yeah, but don’t wait for me… hey what if I invite Gabby?”

“I don’t see why not, go shower already I don’t want you to keep your girlfriend waiting,” she said with a smirk on her face when Spike left the room.

From the other side of the wall she could hear Spike screaming, “SHE IS NOT MY GIRLFRIEND!”

“Yeah sure,” she kept reading the letter she received, “I’ll make sure to invite her to the session next week.”

~♥~♦~♣~♠~

Later that day at the Friendship Castle, Twilight as always was preparing the console and checking the spell for possible errors or failures, at the table with the snacks, Pinkie was explaining how to prepare the marzipan mascarpone meringue madness AKA. MMMM to Starlight, who took notes as best as she could from the party pony who was mouthing words, after words, after words. Fluttershy was watching them from her pillow, humming that song about the kings going to battle they listened a long time ago.

The door suddenly opened showing three ponies, two of them discussing about something while the third one looked annoyed by the whole thing.

“Did not!“ the blonde mare said.

“Did too!“ the rainbow maned replied.

“Did not!“

“Did too!“

They continued until they reached the table, Pinkie stopped giving Starlight instructions and faced the trio who just entered, “hi Dashie, hi RariJack,“ and without any other look, she continued explaining Starlight about the cake.

Rarity sighed knowing that whatever she did, the pink mare would just say something funny and then keep going as if nothing had happened. Everyone else greeted the trio properly, but Rainbow and Applejack kept discussing like school fillies.

Fluttershy looking at her friends discuss, cleared her throat and asked them, “What are you fighting about now?“ the pair of friends/rivals stopped and faced Fluttershy.

“Well here Applejack... uh... I mean… AJ will tell you.“

“Ah can't believe it, you forgot what were we fightin' for? You see Fluttershy, Ah was... um... Rares little help here.“

Rarity sighed for the second time in the last ten minutes, in a monotone tune the likes of Maud Pie she said, “the running of the leafs is coming and Rainbow Dash brought up that time you tied in last.“

Rainbow put on a confused look, “but that's stupid, why would we fight for that? We agreed it was a tie.“

“Yeah, that couldn't be it,“ Applejack agreed then picked up a cup and served herself some juice.

Rarity rolled her eyes counting backwards, “three, two, one.“

“Besides, we ran again after that and I won,“ Rainbow said proud of herself.

Applejack spit the juice she was drinking, “the hay? you did not!“

“Did too!“

“Did not!“

“There you go,“ Rarity said trying her best to ignore her stubborn friends enough to enjoy some tea and cookies.

Both athletic mares kept going at each other's throats for the next few minutes until Twilight teleported them to opposite sides of the table, “knock if off you two. Well I guess Spike is late, shall we start?“

Rarity finally realized that the purple drake wasn't in the room, “darling, why is Spike late?“ she asked Twilight.

The purple alicorn bit on a cookie, “fabby if in...“ she swallowed, “Gabby is in town, they went to the lake.“

“Oh, ok,“ Rarity said sipping from her tea, immediately choking with it and coughing, Applejack jumped to pat her back to help her, “the lake? *cough* alone? *cough* are you insane, darling?“

“What? Spike is a great swimmer and Gabby is a certified lifeguard, because of course she is,” Twilight said rolling her eyes, “is there anything she can’t do?”

Recovered from her choking attack, Rarity said “oh yeah, that’s what I was worried about, hehe knowing she can help spike gives me all the peace of mind I needed, darling, hohoho.”

But on her head, her imagination was already in action. She could almost see it, only a kick from lady destiny was needed and Spike would go tumbling almost drowning, saved by the peppy griffon who carried the unconscious dragon on her back, laying him on the ground and giving him the kiss of life, he would wake up and thank her whispering that, she is the life of him, and she would respond that her life would have no meaning without him and then they would share another kiss that would evolve into caresses and then, and then, and then she felt a hoof on her shoulder shaking her gently, “sugarcube? Are you ok? You are sweating and have a weird smile on your face,” the apple farmer pony said with a worried expression.

Rarity levitated a tissue and cleaned the sweat on her face, “but of course, darling, don’t worry about me I was just… recalling if I left the stove on, that’s all,” she considered a cold shower and maybe some writing when she was back home, “I do believe it was Applejack’s turn, wasn’t it?”

Applejack shrugged and walked to the music box, pressing the button a loud song started playing.

Pinkie swallowed another cupcake, “OOOooooo that’s catchy,” she then giggled, “it’s a love song, that’s SOOooooo obvious,”

Rarity scrunched her nose at the lyrics, “what kind of friend would try to stop another friend from dating somepony, even with such dreadful, horrible clothes? That’s so mean.”

“Wow so she decided not to date him just for his style, she isn’t that smart if you ask me,” Starlight said and everyone nodded.

“Oh boy, Ah guess she got what she deserved, that girl y’all.”

Sipping from her coffee, Fluttershy listened to the song, “um, what is a TV?”

“I don’t know,” Starlight said scratching her head, “you would think that’s something from the minotaurs, but she mentions she saw him on there, so it must be like the theaters but at home,”

Rainbow jumped floating in midair clapping her hooves, “that would be AWESOME! Imagine watching movies on your house, without worrying about ponies spoiling the endings or foals crying.”

Listening to the last verse of the song, Rarity happily clapped her hooves, “oh good, at least he got somepony who liked him for who he is,” everypony in the room stared at her, “what? Why is everypony looking at me, is there something on my face?”

Rainbow was the first to talk, “yeah, we thought that with that song and Spike now dating Gabby, it would hit a sore spot with you,” she said while scratching the back of her head.

Rarity laughed at her friend's comment, “Rainbow Dahahash, they are not dating, they are just good friends and besides, even if they were dating, why would that affect me, darling?”

Starlight pushed Twilight and made a gesture with her head pointing Rarity, “Rarity, as you know Spike has had a crush on you for all these years and the way you reacted when he started hanging out with Gabby… well, we might have thought that, after all this time, you were starting to feel the same.”

Rarity put on a shocked expression, “Spike has a WHAT?” she asked to the wind.

Applejack raised one eyebrow, “aw don’t give me that crap Rares, we know that you already knew, now the real question here is since when you knew.”

With yet another sigh, the fashionista looked down and then up again, “fine, I knew from day one, it was too obvious when he and Twilight met me at the boutique for the first time, but since you told me he was a baby dragon I immediately discarded it as puppy love and I didn’t want to hurt a child's feelings, I was hoping it would eventually pass, if I knew that he was actually a teen I would have stopped him in his tracks but by when you told me his actual age, it was already a year since he became infatuated with me, it got too awkward to reject him and I got used to his presence.”

“Ah think you mean his unconditional servitude, sugarcube.”

Rarity blushed at that, “yeah that too, he is quite useful. He is such a sweetheart and watching him spend more time with Gabby than me really hurt, but I like him just as a friend, he simply is not what I’m looking for in a special somepony, I know I’m a terrible pony to lead him on like that but you need to understand that he is really important to me, just not in the way he would want,” at all this a single tear ran down Rarity’s cheek, she cleaned it fast so it won’t ruin her makeup, “hey, at least now he will be with somecreature closer to his age, isn’t Gabby around the same age as Gallus? Younger even?”

Pinkie jumped in front of them, bouncing on her tail, “actually she is the same age as Spike, minus forty five days,” she jumped back to her spot grabbing a piece of cake with her tail.

“Wait a minute, Twilight, did you seriously let two hormonal, barely young adults, alone on a secluded place?” Rarity said in an accusatory tone.

At that moment the gears at Twilight’s head finally moved making her blush at the idea Rarity put on her head, “WE NEED TO FIND THEM!” suddenly they could hear a pair of laughs coming to the door, which opened by force letting Spike and Gabby in rolling, ending next to the table Spike on top of the griffon, he started tickling his friend meanwhile Gabby tried to move the dragon on top of her, both were laughing their wings off, “Spike, Gabby, what are you doing?” Twilight finally said in her ‘mama bear’ tune.

“Oh hi Twilight, HI GIRLS!” Spike greeted his friends, “most of you already know Gabby right?”

The griffon waved, “hi everypony, we were playing tickle tag, you run and whoever is it, needs to catch the other and tickle him or her, it’s really fun.”

Twilight shook her head, “what took you so long?”

“Oh well our wings got wet and couldn’t fly so we played tickle tag, all the way here.”

“But Ah reckon, y’all dry, sugarcube.”

Gabby laughed looking at herself, “oh yeah, we are dry now, but you should have seen it, Spike pushed me over the edge with his claws and I got all wet.”

“WHAT!” Twilight and Rarity asked at the same time, the former almost choked listening to that meanwhile the later had put on a weird expression, smiling and blushing a bit.

“Is that true Spike?” the alicorn asked

“Yeah she was sitting right at the edge of the pier on the lake, I pushed her and she fell in the water, it was hilarious.” he said laughing.

“Oh,” Twilight calmed down, “you are going to give me a heart attack, let’s just move on with the session, Gabby let me explain-”

“No need Princess Twilight, Spike already explained to me all about it, don’t worry I’ll keep the seeEEEeeecret,” Gabby said while moving her claws in waves while saying secret, “can I press the button now? I’m so excited about it,” she jumped on her back legs while putting her claws together begging.

“Sure, but please call me Twilight,” Gabby approached the music box and pressed the button with one her claws, a loud HOO HAA HOOHAA came from the machine and then music.

Gabby returned to her sit next to Spike while putting her claws together again and bringing them to the side of her face, “that is such a cute song, this aliens make cute music.”

“Yeah and for some reason, this makes me thing about bubblegum, does anypony have bubblegum? oh wait I have some on my mane,” Pinkie pulled some gum from her mane, unwrapped it and chew on it.

On her side, Gabby was now clapping at the song, “wow that song sounds like us Spikerony, we are BEST FRIENDS after all.”

Spike listened to the song, “you are right Gabbygoon, it sure sounds like something we would do,” both laughed and shared a hug, meanwhile everypony else in the room watched them, actually listening to the lyrics knowing that wasn’t a song about ‘just friends’.

The couple of friends kept laughing next to each other for the remaining of the song, “hey Spikedoodle, that was a nice song, I really liked it, since it's over why don't we go to your room, you were going to show me your dragon rod.“

At that everyone else in the room looked at her but only Rarity and Twilight screamed, “HIS WHAT?!“ again with different expressions, Twilight concerned and Rarity blushing slightly, sporting a weird smile.

Spike looked at them, confused as to why he was the center of attention, “what? I promised I would show her my Bloodstone Scepter replica, I had it made recently on Rods 'R' Us,“ the girls let out a sigh calmed, except Rarity that looked a bit disappointed, “o-k... weird, so we gotta go, bye girls,“ he waved at them and grabbed Gabby's claw dragging her to her room while she waved them as well.

After all that, everypony started leaving including Starlight who was going drinking with Trixie, the only ponies left were Rarity and Twilight who were washing the dishes in silence, “you know Twilight, they have been up there for quite a while,“ this caught the alicorn’s attention who pointed an ear to her white unicorn friend, “and as far as I know they are still hormonal, barely young adults,“ Twilight stopped cleaning the dishes and started trembling, “maybe we shoooOOOO,“ Twilight levitated Rarity and ran straight to Spike's room stopping right at the closed door, “darling, can you let me down?“ Twilight put down Rarity, they stared at the door and could hear Spike's bed creaking, Twilight’s eye began to twitch meanwhile Rarity's face began filling with red coloration, “Twilight listen, that could be just them jumping on the bed,“ she whispered to the purple mare.

Out of nowhere they heard Gabby's voice, “wow, it's true what they say about dragons,“ that was the last straw, Twilight barged in, Rarity followed her biting her lip in anticipation, they found Gabby jumping on Spike's bed while he was on the other side of the room, performing some tricks with his dragon fire, Gabby jumped off the bed to the ground, “Hi there, I couldn't believe what I heard about dragons being able to control their fire and here Spiketronic was showing me that it's actually true, IT'S AMAZING!“

Twilight almost entered a breakdown, “but... you two... the bed... hormones...what?“

Rarity grabbed her friend, “what she means is that I'm leaving and she is tired, she'll go straight to bed so ta ta~“ Rarity pulled Twilight and left the pair of friends alone again closing the door.

Gabby scratched her head, “what's with them acting like momzillas?“ she asked the young dragon.

“Oh well, Twilight liked teasing me with you, saying that we are dating and stuff, I guess it went to her head and started actually believing it,“ he laughed.

Gabby on her part put her claws on the sides of her head, “oh that's so cute, she was going all mama bear for you, you know what they say, the friendship is real when they start thinking you are dating“ both laughed for a while, “hey Spiketacus,“

“What is it Gabbynator?“

Gabby brought a claw near her beak, “Wanna practice making-out again?“ she said with her eyes half closed.

“Hay yeah!“ he said jumping into the her friend's open arms, there they stayed practicing for quite a long time.

~♥~♦~♣~♠~

Later that evening an ocean liner was cruising the seas, a lonely white pegasus mare with green mane and tail was reading a book, her flank showed the image of a bush with long spiky leaves on the bottom and white flowers on top. Hers was a modest yet clean and cozy cabin, with just the common necessities: a bed, a closet, a small desk and a bathroom.

From the ship communicator she could hear an alert and ten a voice, “Buenas tardes, les habla su Capitán, en estos momentos entramos en aguas Equestrianas, si el clima lo permite, llegaremos cerca de las diez de la mañana, esperamos que tengan buenas noches,“ after a few seconds the same voice spoke again, “Good evening, this is your Captain, right now we are entering Equestrian waters, if the weather allows it, we'll be touching ground around ten in the morning, we hope you have a goodnight.“

The mare closed her book and laid on her soft bed covered by a blanket, with a smile, she said: “soon,“ and then slipped in a dream, knowing that she will soon meet her friend for the first time ever.

To be continued

Author's Note:

I promise this will be the last ship-ish chapter for a while, I wasn't even going to do something like this but last week episode really threw me out of orbit, I loved it and I had to do something about it.

Don't make promises you can't keep, hey by the way, why didn't you tell me about the party?

What party?

Aren't you making a forks and torches party? there is a bunch of people with them outside, they even brought piñatas shaped like you, oh they are already breaking the piñatas

Oh... I guess the Sparity shippers found me, maybe you might want to leave, Pinkie, I might not make it this time.

What do you mean?

Oh sweet innocence, please promise me that you will keep it as long as you can Pinkie.

Hahaha weirdo, what's going on?

Yeah just like that, anyway, I hope you liked today's chapter as always every comment, advice, request, demand or complain is appreciated and don't forget:

Be polite, be careful, educate yourself as much as you can, respect  your neighbor so that they respect you and may the force be with you,  say goodbye Pinkie.

Goodbye Pinkie. :pinkiehappy:

THERE HE IS, GET HIM!

Meep...

PreviousChapters Next