• Published 19th Jun 2019
  • 4,814 Views, 769 Comments

Harmonic Gift From The Stars - DTavs exe



A human machine falls from the sky and Twilight, with the help of her friends discover all its musical secrets.

  • ...
9
 769
 4,814

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 41: A Marble's Lament.

A train arrives at Ponyville carrying many ponies, changelins, a zebra or two and many other creatures, but our resident pink party pony was waiting for a very special pony. The amount of passengers coming out of the train decreased and the last one of them was a gray mare, her mane and tail, as straight as Applejack’s moral compass, her head hung low due to her shyness but at the sight of her twin sister, her face brighten as a Hearthwarming Tree.

Pinkie Pie tackled her little sister with a hug rubbing her face against Marble’s, “OH! Marble, I’m super duper happy to see you, how was the trip? Did they give you snacks? You weren’t bored were you? How is mom and dad and Limey? Is she still all grumpy stumpy? I HAVE SO MUCH TO TELL YOU!”

Marble rolled her eyes but smiled at her sister’s show of affection, she only came out with a soft “mmhmm,” while Pinkie squealed, grabbing Marble’s saddlebags.

“Come on Marble, first I want to show you the School of Friendship, last time you were here we were at Hearthwarming’s eve so we couldn’t see… it… um Marble?”

The youngest Pie sister stared at the distance, bitterness on her face when she remembered that day, when she saw Big Mac showing affection to that unicorn, but how could she blame him, she barely reached to him, Big Mac sent quite a few letters after their first encounter and she wrote lot of letters as well but she never dared to send them, after several moons of not getting any answer his letters just stopped, he must have thought that she wasn’t interested and that hurt her the most, she finally let out an irritated groan.

“What’s wrong Marble?”

Marble shook her head, there was no reason to dwell in the past like that, she got her chance and blew it, she gave her sister a weak smile, they walked until they reached the School of Friendship, but there was something wrong, it was covered with a forcefield, some students were outside accompanied by some of the teachers.

“Hey RariJack! What’s happening.”

Rarity and Applejack turned around to face the pink party pony, “hi darling and would you look at that, it’s been a while since we have seen each other Marble Pie, how are you doing?”

“Hey there sugarcube.”

Marble responded with a soft, “mmhmm.”

“As shy as ever I see, well Pinkie, it appears that the campus has been infested with parasprites, Starlight, Moondancer, Sunburst and Trixie are taking care of it, but it seems that we will need to close the school for a few days, they shouldn’t take long. And what you might be up to today?”

“Well today I’m celebrating PSSSD, with my little sister Marble, isn’t that great,” Pinkie said while hugging her sister really tight.

“What’s PSSSD, Sugarcube?”

“Oh that’s what we call the Pie Sisters’ Swap Day! Today is Marble and me turn.”

“I think you mean Marble’s and mine turn, don’t you darling?”

“Nu-uh, the celebration is for Pie sister silly, but if you wish you can join us.”

“That’s a great ide-”

Rarity covered Applejack’s lips with a hoof, “that would be a good idea but Jackie and I have plans already, don’t we love?” Applejack stared in confusion, Rarity then tightened her grip, “don’t… we… love?” Applejack then nodded, at that time Starlight and Trixie came out of the forcefield and the couple left.

“I think the Great and Powerful Trixie needs a rest after all that work.”

“Trix, you barely did anything besides screaming at the sight of a parasprite.”

“And screaming is so taxing on my energies, I could really use an ice cream.”

“You never change Trix, hey it’s Pinkie and her sister,” both unicorns approached the pair of earth ponies, “hi Pinkie, and you must be her sister.”

“Marble Pie, long time no see, how is the farm doing?” Trixie grabbed Marble’s hoof and shook it, the mare stared for a few seconds but then recognized Trixie and smiled.

“How do you know my sister? OH yeah, you worked for a while at the rock farm.”

“And here Marble might be my favorite of the Pie sisters, she is so nice and has the most magical singing voice the Great and Powerful Trixie has ever listened to in her life, a song from her moved me to tears.”

Pinkie and Marble were both with their mouths wide opened, “wait… are you telling me you managed to listen to one of Marble’s songs? HOW ON PLANET EQUUM YOU MANAGED THAT?!?”

“Well it was at the farm, the Great and Powerfull Trixie was in one of her breaks when I heard her from afar, she was at the lake behind the farm and she was singing, I couldn’t help but listen to the magical sounds coming from that tiny mouth, it was beautiful...”

Marble’s face turned bright red, embarrassed that she was discovered doing one of her secret hobbies, she turned to her sister and whispered in her ear, “Marble says thanks for the compliment, but she would prefer if you keep it secret, she barely let us hear her.”

“Fair enough, so let me guess, are you on your PSSSD?”

“Yeah, the first stop was going to be the school but I guess that’s not happening, I suppose we will need to go to the next one, TO SUGARCUBE CORNER! You can join us if you want, I asked Rarity and Applejack, but I guess Rarity had enough after Limestone’s PSSSD.”

“I would like to go, how about you Glimmy?”

“Yeah, nothing else can be done here, Moondancer and Sunburst are taking care of the rest, as long as they can have their muzzles separated long enough to do something.”

~♥~♦~♣~♠~

The group reached the confectionery shop and Pinkie tried to open the door being unsuccessful, “Hey Pinkie look at that note on the door.”

Pinkie picked the note and read it aloud, “Pinkie, we went to visit my parents and we are taking the twins with us, keep the shop closed until we get back, enjoy a week of vacation… oh, poo… that’s the second stop ruined, what gives?” Marble rubbed Pinkie’s back with her hoof, “at least it can’t get worse.”

Just right after Pinkie said that, a thunder was heard and a bunch of dark clouds filled the skies, “what? But rain wasn’t scheduled for today,” Starlight said when Rainbow Dash passed flying over them, “RAINBOW! RAINBOW DASH!”

“Oh hey Starlight, I bet you are wondering about the rain clouds,” she nodded, “well, it seems they had to many rain clouds left over and we can’t keep them until next year, they’ll go bad and we need the space for the snow clouds, so they are using them today… seriously, since I’m no longer the weather manager, they have been getting sloppy with the rains, I need to talk to Blossomforth about this, you should get some umbrellas, gotta go see ya.”

The rain fell over them, drenching them quickly, Starlight made a dome over them so they won’t get more wet, Pinkie sighed, “that takes the walk on the market and park out as well, I’m sorry Marble, I wanted this day to be special,” Pinkie’s mane went flat, either from the water or her sadness.

Marble let out a “mmhmm,” and hugged her sister.

“Hey since she is here and your day got ruined, why don’t we take her to the castle and listen to a few songs from the music box?”

Marble stared in confusion again, but Pinkie’s mane and tail got back to her normal stage, “THAT’S A GREAT IDEA TRIXIE! YOU ARE A GENIUS!”

“Oh stop it, actually don’t stop, keep going.”

“That’s enough Trix, it will all go to your head, but yeah that’s a good idea, let’s go to the castle.”

~♥~♦~♣~♠~

The group arrived at the castle and entered the studio, where the music box laid, waiting to be turned on, on the way there they explained the music box origins to marble who stared in wonder, curious about the machine.

“And that’s how Equestria was made,” Pinkie said, earning confused stares from Starlight and Trixie while Marble giggled covering her mouth with her hoof, Starlight checked the spell for anything wrong and offered Marble to press the button, who bit her lip and shook her head.

“Come on Marble, there is nothing wrong, you just need to press the button.”

“Yeah like this!” Trixe jumped pressing the button.

“Trixie! It was marble’s turn!”

“Sorry Glimmy, I was just trying to teach her how to do it.”

From the music box, a loud and melodic electric guitar sounds came.

Starlight stared at the music box with her mouth open, “that’s… THAT’S SO BUCKING AWESOME!” She screamed, earning a surprised look from the other mares, she was enjoying the guitar solo the machine was playing.

“Yeah it is… but where are the lyrics?”

“Trix, when you have so much talent on a guitar solo, you don’t need words to convey an emotion,” Starlight closed her eyes and let the music surround her, she faced the roof and her hooves player an air guitar, Pinkie on her side was giggling at Starlight’s antics while Trixie rolled her eyes.

Marble is a quiet mare, but she also secretly loved this kind of music, she had several records under her bed from Orbsah Priest, Maretallica, Megadent and other heavy metal bands.

Once the solo ended, it broke Starlight’s concentration, “what? That can’t be it, aww come on, that solo was so bucking tasty.”

“Ok, I guess it is Marble’s turn now, come on Marble, is not that hard, you just need to press the button.”

“Yeah, is very simple Marble, you just need to move your pretty hoof and press the button like this.” Pinkie said while pressing the button, “oops, I guess I messed up as well heheh,” from the music box a loud guitar came out and then an aggressive bass.

“Wow, the music box is giving awesome music today,” Starlight said while igniting her horn, she teleported her leather vest and spiked collar to her body and began headbanging.

Trixie rolled her eyes since this kind of music wasn’t her cup of tea, but Marble who was next to Starlight smiled and began headbanging as well.

“Nice Marble, rock it girl!” Pinkie began headbanging as well, while Trixie shrugged but then decided to join them.

“Wait, they do what in the name of what?”

“Well Pinkie, Trixie thinks they said killing in the name of... and then silence.”

“But why would anyone kill in the name of anypony? That sounds too mean,” Pinkie covered Marble’s ears while saying that, Marble rolled her eyes, “I think this song might be a bit too much for my tiny little sister.”

Marble removed Pinkie’s hooves from her ears and let out an annoyed “hmm” staring at her sister with a pout on her face.

“Yeah I know we are the same age, but I like taking care of you.”

“Hey Pinkie, Trixie never asked but who is the oldest of your sisters?”

“Oh that would be Limestone, she was the first one, then Maud two years later and finally Marble and me another two years after Maud, wow the aliens on this song really like to repeat the lyrics.”

“What do they mean anyway? Trixie doesn’t get it, some of those that work forces are the same that burn crosses, what’s wrong with burning a cross Glimmy?”

Starlight Glimmer and Marble Pie were too busy headbanging with one hoof raised to pay attention to the lyrics.

Pinkie giggled but let her sister be, “at least they are changing the lyrics now… aaand they are repeating them again.”

“Trixie must admit that even if this is not her favorite genre of music, the sounds are not that noisy as I thought… I still don’t get it though, what does he mean by chosen white?”

“I guess we’ll never know, they are repeating the first lyrics again.”

The group kept listening to the lyrics they didn’t understand until the last verse, Pinkie gasped while covering her mouth with her hooves, “language, this is a T rated fanfic!” Trixie stared, confused about Pinkie's outburst.

When the song ended Starlight and Marble looked pretty dizzy after headbanging for the entire song, Starlight shook her head a bit and then cleared her throat, “for what I was able to get from the lyrics, there seemed to be mostly a protest song, about a sector of their community taking advantage of the other, probably one with more authority using said authority to force their wishes.”

Marble nodded and let out a firm, “mmhmm.”

“You were actually paying attention to the lyrics?”

“Well yeah Trix, is not that hard if you feel the music.”

“Okie dokie loki, now is Marble’s turn at last, COME ON MARBLE, HIT IT!” Pinkie pulled a sign with an arrow pointing to the music box out of nowhere.

Marble giggled but nodded, she approached the machine and slowly pressed the button.

Starlight rubbed her hooves, “oh I hope is another metal song,” a sweet melody came from the machine.

“I guess that’s all metal we will hear today,” Starlight sighed disappointed, “Oh she’s got a beautiful voice.”

“But why does she sound so sad?”

“Trixie doesn’t know Pinkie, but seems to be talking to her special somepony… oh… I guess she is talking about her ex-special somepony… or somealien.”

“Oh that’s so sad, he left and she stayed there, at least it seems that she doesn’t blame him.”

“Oh my, Trixie thinks that this female really loved him, if she is even shedding a tear because he is leaving.”

“Yeah Trix, it appears that she is still feeling things for him, even to ask him to… well make love again, and she seems to truly wish him luck in life.”

At all this, Marble listened to the lyrics and her mind drifted again to the first stallion she fell for, she stared at the window and it was still raining strong outside, she could see her reflection on the window and it looked like she was outside, being drenched in cloud tears.

Her mind then created scenarios where she did send the letters she wrote, she imagined sharing the heat of the fireplace with Big Mac, cuddled on a cold winter night, she imagined what could have been, they sharing special moments through their lives, finally getting married and having foals, she wished to have many foals like her mother.

Marble sighed knowing that it was just a dream now and couldn’t happen, she then remembered how happy he looked with her, the love they showed for each other, even if it stingued her, she felt honestly happy for him, nonetheless she still felt that she was missing from doing something when she noticed that the song was over and she was being stared at she blushed and gave a smile.

“Ok the song is over and it was SOOOOOO sad but at the same time SOOOOO sweet, like a bittersweet feeling, but do you know what that means?” Pinkie said and the group stared at her, “IS TIME FOR THE PIE SISTERS’ SWAP DAY GIFT SWAP! But first the Pie sisters’ swap day song,” Pinkie stood up and marched behind Marble singing “It’s the Pie sisters’ swap day sooooong♪”

Marble responded with a soft “mmhmm.”

Pinkie then grabbed a small box and gave it to Marble, “here Marble, open it, OPEN IT!” Marble slowly opened the box and there was a crystal sphere inside, it had a beautiful decoration inside, Marble’s eyes brightened up seeing her gift.

“Is that a marble, Pinkie?”

“Not just a marble silly willy, is a special hoofcrafted, one of a kind, silver core, cateye, made from the marble artist Akron Leighton, strange name by the way. My sister collects Marbles, this was missing from her collection.”

Marble stared at the cateye marble, she then saw her face reflected on the sphere and then knew what she had to do, she approached Pinkie and whispered on her hear, “oh sure, we’ll wait for you right here.”

Marble left the room, leaving the two unicorns confused, “is there something wrong Pinkie?”

“Nope, she said she needed to do something right now or else she will lose her courage.”

A thunder could be heard outside, “wow is still pouring down, Trixie feels bad for anypony outside in this rain.”

~♥~♦~♣~♠~

Outside under the rain an earth pony mare ran with all her strength, her face donned a decisive look, the rain drops fell on her and mixed with her sweat, she was running to the town outskirts, heading straight to the apple farm, her hooves ached for the strain but she was decided to do this even if it kills her, she ignored the pleas of her muscles, she grew up in a rock farm so she wasn’t a stranger to physical labor, but she was never one to sprint for a long period of time.

She finally reached the entrance of the house, but it looked different from last time she saw it, it looked new, it seems that they have renovated the house, probably since they were… planning to make the family grow, Marble blushed at the thought.

She walked to the door, lifted her hoof to knock at the door but stopped mere centimeters from the wooden frame, she began to tremble, she thought what was she doing, why was she here, what gave her the right to come and just crash their place out of the blue, the rain kept falling on her body, now joining droples not made out of sweat but tears from her eyes.

She lowered her hoof, sighed and then turned back for the long walk back to the castle, on that moment the door opened showing a worried purple maned unicorn mare, “Marble my stars, come in, you are drenched, oh you poor thing,” she grabbed Marble pulling her inside the house levitating a towel to dry her with.

~♥~♦~♣~♠~

“Pinkie, she’s been gone for two hours already, I think we should go look for her.”

“Nope, she told me she needs to do this alone and I believe in her, she will return.”

On the other side of the room, a sleeping Trixie uses her cape as a blanket and sucks on her hoof laying on the floor.

~♥~♦~♣~♠~

Back on the Apple Farm, the door of the main house opened, Big Mac, his wife Sugar Belle and Apple Bloom came out to say goodbye to Marble, now wearing an apple themed poncho and umbrella on her back while Granny Smith was snoring on her chair in the living room.

“Marble are you sure you don’t want us to go with you, is a long way to the castle,” Sugar Belle asked with her raspy but warm voice.

Marble replied with a smile and a happy “mmhmm.”

Sugar belle hugged Marble, “I’m so glad you came to speak with us, it took a lot of courage to come and say what you came to talk about, you are a very eloquent pony, isn’t she love?”

“Eeyup.”

Marble watched how Sugar Belle nuzzled Big Mac and unlike the images she pictured in her mind, she didn’t feel jealousy, she was now really happy for both of them and now knew that they belonged together, Marble was really grateful she had the guts to come and talk to them today, she was afraid they would hate her for it but she was glad they took it really well and were pretty understanding after the heart to heart discussion they had, Sugar Belle even offered having Marble as a godmother of their first born, something that made Marble squeal in happiness.

After they shared one last hug, Marble began walking with a spring in her step, she felt like a huge weight had been lifted from her shoulders, she looked back at all the bitterness and jealousy she felt before and giggled now seeing how silly it was, she was walking on the empty market when a strong gust of wind made her umbrella fly of her back, she gasped watching how the thing got dragged by the wind without a way to stop it.

~♥~♦~♣~♠~

“Ok, it’s been three and a half hours Pinkie, are you seriously not worried?”

“Nope, not even a little,” Pinkie said but a drop of sweat formed on her forehead, “is it hot in here or what hehehe...”

“Ok that’s it, I’ll run a scan spell.”

Trixie kept sleeping now talking nonsense so Starlight rolled her eyes and woke her up shaking her a bit, “wuzza wuzza, are we there yet? Oh good morning Glimmy, *yawn* what’s for breakfast?”

“Nothing Trix, Marble hasn’t returned and I need you to help me run a scanning spell, we will cover more ground, the both of us together.”

Trixie stretched her limbs and yawned again, “but she is right there by the door,” Pinkie and Starlight turned to the door where Marble was staring at them, she was wearing a poncho and next to her there was a pegasus stallion carrying an umbrella.

“MARBLE!” Pinkie screamed and hugged her sister, who giggled tickled by Pinkie’s mane.

“Oh… Soarin’ right?”

“Yes ma’am, the one and only.”

“Thanks for bringing my little sister back Soarin’ remind me I’ll bake you a delicious pie.”

“Oh is nothing um… Pinkie right?” the pink mare nodded, “I think this is the first time we actually talked, anyway, I was flying nearby when I remembered the delicious pies from the Cakes, so I flew to Sugarcube corner butt it was closed, then I saw Marble who lost her umbrella so I did what any decent pegasus could have done and recovered it for her, she told me she was heading for the castle so I wanted to make sure she arrived safely, on the way here she talked about her and her family back at the rock farm and talked about how grateful she is with you Pinkie.”

“Aww you are such a good girl Marble… wait what? Did you talk with him all the way here?”

Marble nodded and let out a happy “mmhmm,” Pinkie stared at her with her eyes wide open, Marble put her muzzle close to Soarin’s ear and whispered which earned another stare from her sister.

“Marble says that she is ready to give you her present for the… PSSSD? Is that right?” Soarin’ said and Marble nodded, “alright, but she hopes you don’t mind sharing it with all of us.”

“N-no that would be great… wait, are you saying you want to give me...”

“A song, that’s right, she wants to gift you a song from the bottom of her heart.”

Pinkie’s eyes filled with happy tears, “you win this year, I can’t imagine anything better than one of your songs and I’ll gladly share this moment with my friends.”

Marble smiled and hugged Pinkie, she then removed her poncho and everypony including Soarin’ sat in front of her, Marble then cleared her throat and breathed in.

To be continued

Author's Note:

That song... was... magical, is probably one of her best songs EVER. :pinkiesmile:

It really was, I mean, holy cow, if I had missed that song then I think I would prefer just stop existing...

Would you stop teasing the readers? But I got to admit it was pretty magical, hey so are you planning to ship Marble and Soarin'?

Excuse, me what? :pinkiecrazy:

Um... no not at all...

Oh so are you saying my sister isn't enough for Soarin'? :pinkiecrazy:

Yes... no... please don't kill me...

I'm just kidding, I'm sure if he dates my sister, he'll treat her right.

Oh... nice, cus they'll be having a lot of foals in the future...

Ok that IS over the line :pinkiecrazy:

MEEP!

Oh... he ran... well I guess I'll have to say the goodbyes today, at least he now leaves it written here, let's see... I hope you liked today's chapter as always every comment, advice, request, demand or complain is appreciated and don't forget:

Be polite, be careful, educate yourself as much as you can, respect  your neighbor so that they respect you and may the force be with you,  say goodbye Pinkie.

She is still chasing him, say goodbye Izzi... oh wait I'm Izzi... bye I guess... that's it...

PreviousChapters Next