• Published 13th Dec 2011
  • 4,273 Views, 35 Comments

Behind The Scenes - Jinadan



Fleur's got everything she ever wanted, but something in her still feels empty.

  • ...
1
 35
 4,273

Chapter 1

Behind The Scenes : Chapter 1

UNICORN MODELS WANTED

Fleur’s eyes opened with glee. She had just graduated from Magic High School, and as a young filly in Canterlot, she knew this was her life calling; to be the most popular model in the whole of Equestria. Standing outside the poster on the Canterlot Boutique, she went in the store. Sure it wasn’t a big and well-known company, but if she wanted to shine, she had to start somewhere, and the start was here.

“Erm, hello.. Can I apply for the modeling job?”

The lady looked at her, and slowly scanned her body.

“Hmmm... You look okay. We’ll get the paperwork done, and we’ll start work tomorrow, is that okay?”

She nodded in joy. Fleur filled up the paperwork, handed it to the lady, and she walked out of the store. She walked home, definitely excited about her new job. She couldn't believe she just got a modeling job so easily.

My dream begins here.

The next day....

Bright lights were all shining upon her, making it hard for her to open her eyes wide. She was standing in front of a green screen, with many cameras and fancy equipment pointed at her. It has been around half an hour since she was posing, using different saddles every now and then.

“Okay.. A little more to the left, okay, stop. Perfect!”

“We’ll wrap this up for today. You’re really good for a first timer!”

“Thanks.” Fleur gave the camerapony a warm smile, as she took off the saddle on her using magic.

“Here’s your pay, 50 bits.” The boss handed the heavy coin pouch to her.

Woah, first I get to be in posters and magazines, and then I even get paid? This is simply fabulous. I’m sure mom and dad would be so proud of me!

Fleur never really spent time with her parents. They were working most of the time, and the only time they were back home was when she was already deep on her sleep. They would give Fleur a huge pouch of bits every week as her allowance, they thought by giving her money and a good education was the right way to love their only child. But they were wrong. They never knew the loneliness of their child.

Excited, Fleur decided that today she would wait for them to return home, to tell them the good news. She waited and waited, and it was only until a few minutes pass midnight before her parents came back.

“Mum, Dad, I got a job at the Canterlot boutique as a model, isnt that great?” She exclaimed.

Her father just gave her an incredulous sneer.

"I really should have known better than to get my hopes up like that, You’re just a disappointment. It pains me to see that despite all my hard work, this is how it has come. My only daughter is wasting her life posing in magazines only those useless drop-outs read.”

Those words cut her like a double edged sword. She held her head down, and without any words to counter her father’s disgusting reply, she just trotted back to her room slamming the door shut.

I’ll show you one day, I’m going to be Equastria-wide famous, and not a poseur like you.

This went on, she continued to model for the Canterlot Boutique, but soon things went for the better when she received a mail from a certain pony.

Dear Fleur,

Your modeling is absolutely marvelous. I would like to hire you as my personal model.

Yours faithfully, Photo Finish.

Fleur was jumping for joy on her bed. Her dream had come true, now, one of the most famous ponies known all over Equestria actually asked her to her *personal* model. It was a bit awkward meeting Photo Finish at first, she found it hard to adjust to her impatient personality.

But she did anyway, and soon she was in the mainstream magazines. Ponies on the street started to recognized her at sight, some of them asking for autographs and photos. All the fame and attention she was getting, and she loved it.

One fine day however, she bumped into Fancypants near the train station.. The youngest stallion in the whole of Equastria to earn his first million. He definitely wasn't your average Canterlot stallion, he was charmingly handsome and well-built, and he seemed to be a very distinguished pony with quite a bit of charisma. As civilised as the stallions looked like in her town, most of them were actually corrupted and perverted. Canterlot even has it’s own red-light district, the mares there were mostly foreigners who desperately needed money that the rich stallions in Canterlot could offer. After all, what is a stallion? A miserable little pile of secrets.

“Oh I’m sorry.”

“Its alright.. Hey, wait, aren’t you that model in Medieval Magazines?”

“Well.. Yes I am. Aren’t you the CEO of Colt Bank?

“Indeed I am.”

“Oh.. A pleasure to meet you, My name is Fleur.”

“Fancypants.”

“Oh.. what a unique name. Sorry for bumping into you though, I’ll have to go now, bye!” At this, she gave him a somewhat seductive wink.

They coincidentally met again for quite a few times, after all Canterlot was the most prosperous of cities, not the largest. Until one fine day, Fancypants mustered up the courage to ask her out on a date.

“I say, Fleur, do you want to get some Ice-cream? My treat.”

Woah, the youngest millionaire in Equestria is asking me to eat Ice-cream with him? It’s just like in those cheesy love novels.

“Sure, that would be an honor.”

This is unbelievable. I’m going out with the model of the month for Medieval Magazines to eat ice-cream.

It seemed so incredibly childish, two celebrity ponies eating something only foals would eat. But they both were satisfied with it, and that’s all that matters.

Eventually they began to go out more and more, and soon became a couple. Of course, this caused Equestria-wide attention. It sparked tons of unnecessary attention both of them did not like.

The media was putting an excruciating burden of stress on Fleur. Fancypants wasn’t helping, he was always busy, especially at night, and when Fleur needed him desperately, he would not be there. Yet Fleur could not push any of the blame to him, she thought her coltfriend was also as busy and as stressed as her, and complaining to him would only worsen things.

She started to drink a lot of alcohol, after a hard day of work while avoiding obsessed fans and journalists. Eventually, she developed a tolerance, but more than that, she also developed an addiction. Alcohol was the only thing that could take her problems away, even though it was only temporary.

And her life just carried on like that for months.

---------------------------------------

Fleur woke up in a dizzy slur. She felt so surreal, it was like she woke up in a nightmare she couldn’t escape.

“Drinking again, I suppose?”

Her eyes still blurry, she looked at Fancypants. He was dressed in his black tuxedo as usual, and he smelled of freshly sprayed cologne.

“I’ll be staying at home for the whole day today.” Fleur did not bother to reply the question he first asked.

“Don’t you have any work?”

“I’ll take the off day today.”

“Well.. Okay then. I’ll be back early tonight, I promise. Okay Dear?”

“Sure..” She gave him a slight nod. She just watched as Fancypants trotted out of the house.











Note : Sorry if it’s too short. I tried my best, and it turns out I’m really not good at writing emotional fics.

Comments ( 7 )

Apart from the few minor errors in the tense, this is well written, even if it's a bit short.


Keep it up :twilightsmile:

The nice thing about being a celebrity is that when you bore people, they think it's their fault.~Henry Kissinger

A little short and just small mistakes but commendable work, you should continue this, little fics depict life as a celebrity and it's tragic side :raritywink:

There maybe a few mistakes, but I have to say that I like it.
Short fics are probably my favorite, since I usually don't have a lot of quiet freetime to read long chapters. :pinkiehappy:

woah.. great work there.
despite only few gramatical mistakes that no one cares, it was professionaly written. the structure and criativity by telling Fleur's foalhood where it all begun is just genial
was perfect!! :raritystarry:

87717 Thanks man, my grammar ain't good :twilightsheepish:

The biggest flaw is that everything is told too quickly. Extend upon what you can say

I like it!
Correct me if I'm wrong, but was that a Castlevania reference at the "miserable little pile of secrets" part? I love easter eggs like that!:raritywink:

Login or register to comment