• Published 23rd May 2019
  • 793 Views, 58 Comments

The Power Ponies - MrBiteo



The Mane 6 must join forces with the Power Ponies to return to their world.

  • ...
 58
 793

Issue 6

Some time later, Spike woke up, where he found himself inside a cage in what appeared to be Hum Drum's room. He found that he could move again, seeing that the effects of the spray had worn off. Hum Drum was outside of the cage standing guard.

"Hum Drum. Please. You have to let me out of here." Spike pleaded to Hum Drum running over to him.

"I'm sorry, Spike. I'm tasked with keeping an eye on you." Hum Drum informed Spike sadly. "I can't let you go."

"But you're the only one who can help me save my friends and stop the Power Ponies." Spike continued to reason with him.

"What am I supposed to do? I'm useless. They even said so themselves." Hum Drum pointed out to Spike, "No wonder you and your friends needed their help more than me. They're the ones with superpowers. It's also probably them punishing me for slipping to the Mane-iac about the Electric Orb, even though I didn't tell her anything."

"Wait, so that wasn't really you who slipped up to the Mane-iac?" Spike asked Hum Drum.

"No! I would never let information slip to a bad guy!" Hum Drum confessed.

Spike was surprised about learning that fact about Hum Drum, but it also made him wonder: if Hum Drum wasn't the one who told the Mane-iac, who did? Before Spike could ponder more on his theory, the timer next to Hum Drum ringed, catching both their attention.

"Oh! I need to spray your friends! Be right back!" Hum Drum said getting up and rushing off to do his task.

"Hum Drum, wait!" Spike called out to Hum Drum, but he was too late as Hum Drum had exited the room by the room he said it.

In the other room, the Power Ponies had set up the teleportation device in their HQ, where said team was busy working on getting the machine ready for their trip to Equestria. The Mane 6 were once again imprisoned in the same cage they were put in from the villains' lair as it was now suspended from the ceiling next to the Hairspray Ray of Doom, which had a ladder set up on its side. Twilight could then feel the effects of the spray wearing off as she tried to move her hoof free. Hum Drum then arrived as he climbed up the ladder and sprayed the Hairspray Ray of Doom at the Mane 6, immobilizing them again, to Twilight's dismay. And it was at that moment after Hum Drum left that the Power Ponies had finally gotten the device fully functional at last.

"The dimensional portal is ready, Masked Matter-Horn." Radiance informed her leader.

Outside the room, while on his way back to his room, Hum Drum tripped on his cape and fell face first onto the floor.

"Excellent." Masked Matter-Horn replied pleased before turning her attention to Twilight and her friends. "I believe it's now time we add in the batteries."

"Once we get Princess Twilight and her friends connected to the device, it will extract the magic inside them and help connect our world to theirs." Saddle Rager explained.

Hum Drum finally got back up and straightened his cape.

"True, but we'll also need some sort of event that'll help win the trust of the inhabitants of that world and luckily, I came up with one." Mistress Mare-velous then stepped in.

Hum Drum heard what Mistress Mare-velous said and soon eavesdropped on the conversation.

"And what exactly is your idea of winning them over, Mistress?" Zapp asked.

"Glad you asked." Mistress Mare-velous answered pulling down a tarp that was covering up something, revealed to be a large hair dryer-shaped cannon.

"The Mane-iac's Doomsday Device?" Masked Matter-Horn asked confused by Mistress Mare-velous's proposal.

"Imagine this. The Mane-iac attacks Equestria with her Doomsday Device, where it'll expel an energy blast that will cause every pony's mane to go wild. Then we swoop in and help reverse the affects of the Device and named Equestria's newer protectors. And eventually its rulers."

"It's perfect. We go with your plan." Masked Matter-Horn told Mistress Mare-velous.

"Thank you, Matter-Horn. But first, we'll have the princess and her friends be its first victims." Mistress Mare-velous thanked Masked Matter-Horn and insisted, much to the Mane 6's horror.

Mistress Mare-velous climbed up to the top of the Doomsday Device, sitting down on the control deck and aimed it directly at the Mane 6.

"I agree with Mistress Mare-velous. Soon, their world will no longer need them and it'll just be us Power Ponies to protect it!" Zapp boasted.

Just then, Fluttershy noticed that Hum Drum had stepped back into the room and she cleared her throat. "I don't mean to interrupt, but aren't you forgetting about somepony?" Fluttershy spoke referring to Hum Drum.

"Hum Drum? Little guy? No superpowers whatsoever?" Radiance asked her before she and the rest of the Power Ponies laughed in amusement, unaware that Hum Drum was in the room. "He's utterly useless."

"Yeah, the only time he was useful was when we secretly told the Mane-iac about Electro Orb so that she could steal it and we blamed Hum Drum for it! And we get all the praise for stopping her!" Fili-Second cheered over Mistress Mare-velous's plan before the Masked Matter-Horn covered her mouth, clearly irritated by her teammate's careless confession.

The Mane gasped in shock upon learning that the Power Ponies purposefully set up a crime to stop just for recognition. The revelation was equally shocking to Hum Drum, who quickly left the room and began questioning everything his entire career with his teammates. All this time, his own team had framed him for a crime he didn't commit, seeing that his "uselessness" was all a lie. Realizing what he had to do, he went back to his room, where he opened the cage, freeing Spike.

"Hum Drum? What's going on?" Spike asked Hun Drum confused about why he was freeing him.

"I'm breaking you out of here." Hum Drum answered.

"But what about your teammates?" Spike asked again.

"They don't matter anymore. You know how I said I somehow told the Mane-iac about the Electro Orb even though I didn't? Well, it turns out they were the ones behind it the whole time. You go help save your friends."

Spike stepped out of the cage, but before he could exit the room, he turned back to Hum Drum.

"But don't you want to stop the Power Ponies, too?"

"What's the point? You and your friends probably just feel sorry for me like my teammates. After all, that's why they had me around when I joined the team."

"Maybe in your world, but in my world, I always come through for my friends when they need me. Always. And you did the same for me and my friends." Spike reassured Hum Drum showing a great amount of respect for him.

Hum Drum wiped a tear from his eye touched by Spike's words and soon developed a boost in confidence.

"You're right, Spike. I'm not like what my team says. When the citizens really need help, I do come through for them." Hum Drum said determined to help Spike.

"That's right, and now my friends need our help." Spike said to Hum Drum.

Spike and Hum Drum sneaked back into the room, hiding behind furniture so that the Power Ponies didn't spot them. Luckily, they didn't.

"My fellow teammates! Tonight, we stand upon the brink of a new world order, for we will rule over both Maretropolis and Equestria and defend them against their most hated enemies! We will strike our hammer of justice into the other world's fearful face of crime, and will strike a blow to anypony who opposes our rule in the name of Truth, Justice and the Maretropolis Way!" Masked Matter-Horn stated to her teammates.

"Right. And nothing will stop us from achieving our goal!" Mistress Mare-velous said.

The team then noticed a familiar pink glowing light behind them and saw Spike and Hum Drum holding the device directly at them. Before they could anything to stop them, the pink energy sparks from the device blasted out and enveloped the Power Ponies, taking away their powers once again.

"Way to go, Spike!" Twilight congratulated Spike.

"And Hum Drum." Spike corrected Twilight. "He's on our side now."

"And Hum Drum." Twilight corrected herself.

At that moment, the effects of the spray were starting to wear off and the Mane 6 were able to move their hooves again. However, Spike and Hum Drum were soon ambushed by the Power Ponies, who tried to reclaim the device from them. The device went off as pink energy blasted out of it. The Masked Matter-Horn rose back up with an evil look on her face and aimed her horn at Spike and Hum Drum, preparing to blast them with her ice magic. However, she strained and had trouble conjuring her magic.

"My powers didn't return to me when you pressed the button!" The Masked Matter-Horn argued with Mistress Mare-velous accusing her of not activating the device.

"That's possible! We activated the darn thing! Where could it all have gone?" Mistress Mare-velous argued with Masked Matter-Horn.

They got their answer when the bars feel to the ground from the cage. The Power Ponies and Spike and Hum Drum looked up to find that the Mane 6 now had the Power Ponies' powers, who broke free.

"Get mad." Rainbow Dash told Fluttershy.

"I'm trying." Fluttershy said as she strained to try to get angry.

The Mane 6 then spring into action now using the Power Ponies' powers against them.

"Tag, you're it! Tag, you're it! Tag, you're it!--" Pinkie said repeatedly to Fili-Second as she tapped her and evaded all her attacks. Pinkie tapped her on the left. Then tapped her on the right. She tapped her left again and this time, Fili-Second spotted Pinkie, but was hit with a sundae in the face as it was now covered in cream, along with two cherries and a banana forming a frowning face. Pinkie giggled in delight and used superspeed to run off.

"Over there! There! There! Idiots!" The Masked Matter-Horn angrily ordered her teammates. She soon noticed Twilight and decided to charge at her.

"Freeze Ray!" Twilight chanted blasting what she thought was a beam of ice magic, but she merely conjured up some snow that hit Masked Matter-Horn's face, who merely brushed it off and continued charging at her.

Twilight, however, then manage to conjure up another ice blast, which this time froze the floor that Masked Matter-Horn was running on. Masked Matter-Horn ended up sliding into the Hairspray Ray of Doom, slamming into it.

Applejack spotted Mistress Mare-velous charging after Hum Drum, intending to take back the device off his hooves.
"Hold it right there, partner!" Applejack told Mistress Mare-velous, taking out the latter's signature lasso and using it to rope her feet, stopping her in her tracks. Mistress Mare-velous scowled at Applejack.

Zapp charged towards Fluttershy, who cowered and whimpered in fear at her approaching attacker. Suddenly, Zapp was... uh, zapped with lightning from above. She saw it was Rainbow Dash, who went up against Zapp. Zapp seemed rather ready to still fight her despite no longer having her powers. That bit of confidence was soon dashed, however, when Rainbow Dash summoned a tornado, which sucked up Zapp, as well as Fili-Second, Masked Matter-Horn, Mistress Mare-velous and Radiance.

"Need a place to put these guys." Rainbow Dash said to Rarity, who skated on the now frozen floor with construct skates she made with Radiance's powers.

Rarity then used said power to create construct cages that imprisoned Zapp, Masked Matter-Horn, Mistress Mare-velous. Radiance and Fili-Second. Rainbow looked back at Fluttershy.

"Seriously? You aren't just a little angry right now?" Rainbow asked Fluttershy.

Unbeknownst to Rainbow, Fluttershy and the Mane 6, Saddle Rager had managed to sneak up onto the Doomsday Device and aimed it directly at Fluttershy.

"I'm sorry. It's just that nothing has made me mad so far." Fluttershy said.

Fluttershy was directly on Saddle Rager's sight through the scope, but a firefly got in the way. Saddle Rager then swatted the firefly away. Fluttershy saw the firefly hit the wall thanks to Saddle Rager.

"Oh, goodness. Are you okay?" Fluttershy asked the firefly in concern. She then saw Saddle Rager piloting the Doomsday Device, realizing that she was the one who hurt it and faced her in disgust. "Are you kidding me? I mean, I know you and your team are evil and all, but you hurt a teensy, little, harmless FIREFLY?! REALLY?! WHY, YOU'RE ALL JUST A BUNCH OF BIG, GREAT MEANIES! *voice gets deeper* THERE! I SAID IT!"

Saddle Rager recognized what was happening to Fluttershy and what she had done as Fluttershy began to grow huge and her voice got deeper.

"WHAT MAKES YOU AND YOUR TEAM THINK YOU'RE ALL SO SPECIAL?! LIKE THE RULES OF COMMON COURTESY DON'T APPLY TO ANY OF YOU?! WHY DON'T YOU PICK ON SOMEPONY YOUR OWN SIZE?!"

Eventually, Fluttershy transformed into the Saddle Rager's monster form and roared furiously, much to everyone's surprise. Saddle Rager frantically set the coordinates on Fluttershy and blasted the Doomsday Device at her. Unfortunately for Saddle Rager, Fluttershy managed to deflect the blast and it deflected back at her, hitting and knocking her off the Doomsday Device. Fluttershy then jumped up onto the device and began tearing it apart. The Mane 6 were left in awe at seeing Fluttershy like this with their mouths hanging open. Even Hum Drum was surprised. Fluttershy saw everyone's reactions to her with a piece of the device in her mouth before she spitted it out and acted bashful over her behavior.

"My mane!" Saddle Rager cried as her mane was growing out of control. The unstable hair then ensnared her entire body.

Later, Hum Drum had contacted the Maretropolis Police Department and revealed everything about the Power Ponies to them. Soon, the Power Ponies were being taken into custody by the police with the police commissioner shaking his head in disappointment at the former heroes. The mayor arrived and approached the Mane 6.

"You must be the ponies who exposed the Power Ponies for who they really are. Thanks to you, Maretropolis is safe once more!" The Mayor congratulated the Mane 6.

"Thank you, Mayor. In fact, I think Maretropolis will be safer than ever before, thanks to Hum Drum." Spike told the Mayor giving Hum Drum some deserved praise. "It was because of him that we were able to defeat the Power Ponies."
"Aw, shucks. It was nothin'." Hum Drum said flattered.

"We'll get you for this, you ponies! You haven't seen the last of the Power Ponies!" The Masked Matter-Horn swore revenge to the Mane 6 as the police van drove away.

"Yep, the day was saved. Thanks to--" Spike almost said when out of nowhere, a familiar green portal opened up and sucked both Spike and the Mane 6 into it before closing up. Hum Drum, the Mayor and the police were surprised and confused at what just happened.

We then cut back to the library in the Castle of the Two Sisters, where the spiderbot was currently using the magic it was extracting from Spike's comic to create the portal that was the same one that sucked the Mane 6 out of the world of Maretropolis and back into the library. The spiderbot quickly activated its cloaking system before any of the ponies saw it as it quickly crawled up on the ceiling.

The Mane 6 cheered excitedly over their little adventure in the Power Ponies' world. Spike, on the other hand, was rather exhausted from the whole experience.

"Did you see how I was raining down a storm of justice at the end there?" Rainbow Dash asked her friends.

"You catch how I was wieldin' that lasso?" Applejack asked as well.

"Cupcakes?" Pinkie Pie asked anyone holding up a tray of cupcakes in her hooves, to her friends' confusion.

"How did you--?" Rarity almost asked Pinkie.

"Eh. I had a good half second before we gave the Power Ponies back their powers and the Maretropolis Bakery was only 65 blocks away." Pinkie explained.

"I'm just glad to be back." Spike said dropping down on a pile of pillows to rest. Though, he soon remembered about Hum Drum. "Although, I didn't even get a chance to say goodbye to Hum Drum before we did."

Twilight saw how Spike was a little upset about not being able to see Hum Drum again and she approached him to cheer him up.

"I'm sure he would've wanted to help bring you home, Spike." Twilight told Spike, "And I hope he realized that while the Power Ponies didn't always need his help, it doesn't mean that he wasn't helpful for us getting back home."

"And that you don't always have to have superpowers to be a hero." Spike agreed, along with the rest of the Mane 6.
"But I do have one question. Where exactly did you get that comic book?" Twilight then asked wondering about the comic Spike had.

"This one I got from Canterlot at the comic book shop and was made by Enchanted Comics." Spike answered. The Mane 6 looked at him with a look reading "Are you kidding me?" written on their faces. "Not literally enchanted comics. I meant the publisher." Spike got up and ran over to the podium, where he picked up his comic and pointed to the publisher of the Power Ponies comic called "Enchanted", to which the logo was a parody of the Marvel logo.

"Oooohhhh!" The Mane 6 then exclaimed understanding what Spike meant now.

"Yeah, they're called that because the comics they make have 'enchanting' storylines." Spike said when the cover of the comic glowed. The Mane 6 gasped at what happened to the cover.

"What?" Spike asked his friends taking a look at the cover and saw why. "It's Hum Drum! He's a main hero now!" The cover now featured Hum Drum as the titular hero of the comic.

The Mane 6 all cheered over the good news.

"I can't believe I helped Hum Drum an A-tier superhero! I'm so proud of him!" Spike said excitedly when he noticed the Mane 6 leaving the library without him, to which he quickly followed after them, "Hey! Wait up! I'm an important part to Hum Drum's rise to fame, remember?"

The Mane 6 exited the Castle of the Two Sisters with all the tapestry they had collected earlier and headed back to Ponyville, with the spiderbot following them back into town.

Comments ( 13 )

Well, great chapter. I'm glad Twilight and her friends are back in Equestria.

Thanks very much.

10711733
By the way, I think that spider bot is Mane-iac's.

10712384
No. No, it's not. Read my story "Equestria Girls JT" if you want to know more about the spiderbot.

10712985
Just did. What is the point of the spiderbot and the boy it belongs to? They sound pointless for the stories.

10713169
They'll be relevant later on in later stories. This was mainly to help answer some questions that were left unexplained in the original episode.

10713229
Ok. Well, the spiderbot wasn't even in Power Ponies. So it's pointless for it to be in this story.

10713338
Not the spiderbot. I meant like how Joshscorcher critiqued the episode and pointed out its problems.

10713789
If that was a video on YouTube, I never watched it.

Hey. I thought you said you were going to delete your stories and leave this site. What changed your mind?

10756568
Not gonna delete them just yet. I just need to have my stories saved in files first. That way, I will be able to republish them for in case I get back into the fandom or not.

10756568
Actually, on second thought, I think I'll just leave this account untouched. All my stories will stay. Doesn't mean I'm back into the fandom, though. I'll be focusing on my other work at FanFiction.Net from now on. I'll probably be back in September if I do decide to revisit the franchise again or not. But anyways, this account stays.

Login or register to comment