• Published 23rd May 2019
  • 793 Views, 58 Comments

The Power Ponies - MrBiteo



The Mane 6 must join forces with the Power Ponies to return to their world.

  • ...
 58
 793

Issue 4

The Mane 6 and the Power Ponies were captured and taken to another room in the building. The Power Ponies were all placed into stables attached to what seemed to be the Mane-iac's doomsday device, which had an orb at the top and center while the other villains stood on their own platforms. The Power Ponies couldn't do anything to escape as their hooves were restrained to their stables by metal cuffs at the bottom, along with Masked Matterhorn and Radiance's horns each encased in metal cuffs that was preventing them from using their magic. The Mane 6, along with Spike and Hum Drum were all tied up in the corner as the Mane-iac's evil laugh echoed throughout the room.

"It's all going according to plan!" Mane-iac soon said afterward.

"For the record, I would have surrended, anyway." Radiance admitted nonchalantly, much to both Masked Matterhorn and Rarity's annoyance.

"The Power Ponies--defeated at last!" Pharaoh Phetlock said esthetic over their victory.

"And all it took was a little teamwork!" High Heel said feeling the same way as Pharaoh did.

"If I'd known it would be so easy, I would've defeated you nincompoops long ago! Now, for the icing on the cake!" Mane-iac gloated to the Power Ponies before flipping a switch, activating the device.

The orb at the center began to glow a bright pink light before striking pink bolts of lightning at both the Power Ponies and the villains, enveloping all of them. The Power Ponies all screamed in pain from the pink energy enveloping them while the villains looked on in satisfaction. Then, strangely, a unicorn horn formed on the Mane-iac's forehead, to which Mane-iac cackled in delight. The Power Ponies' cuffs opened up with Masked Matterhorn and Radiance's horn cuffs dropping to the floor and they were also dumped to the floor after the bottom of their stables opened up.

"What did you do to us?" Masked Matterhorn asked the Mane-iac too weak to get up.

Just then, Pharaoh was going around the room at superspeed. "This superspeed is is remarkably fun!"

"Nice lasso." Shadowmane said now twirling around with Mistress Mare-velous's lasso.

"They've stolen our powers!" Radiance weakly exclaimed at what was happening.

"Quite easily, too." Long Face remarked using his newly developed horn to use Radiance's magic, creating a construct of a frowning face.

"But...without our powers...we're--" Masked Matterhorn said.

"Useless? Helpless? Powerless? All of the above!" The Mane-iac interrupted mocking her foe. She extended her tentacles to the Mane 6 and grabbed them, along with Spike and Hum Drum before dumping them all in front of Masked Matterhorn, "You're now as ineffectual as these ponies, their dragon and your sidekick. You can have him back, by the way, along with the dragon. As for these ponies, they will be coming with us." The Mane-iac laughed as she then wrapped her hair tentacles around the Mane 6 in her grasp.

"Yes...*hrng* You Power Ponies are...*rrrghhh*...outclassed!" High Heel stated as she struggled a bit before transforming into the Saddle Rager's form while Sludge was shown to have Zapp's powers as he was shooting lightning from his hooves.
"Yes, I'm afraid Maretropolis will have to do without its super-powered defenders from now on. So, if you'll excuse us, We have an Electro Orb to steal." The Mane-iac said to the Power Ponies as she and the rest of the villains made their exit, taking away the Mane 6 with them and leaving our heroes and Spike alone in the room.

"Those--Those fiends!" Mistress Mare-velous lamented in frustration, "They've taken everything from us!"

"We're helpless!" Radiance stated.

"We're hopeless!" Saddle Rager said in tears.

"We're hapless!" Fili-Second said.

"Alas! Who will shield our citizens from villainy in our absence?" Zapp lamented.

"Nopony can, except us!" Mistress Mare-velous pointed out to Zapp, "Without us, the city doesn't have a chance!"

"Hey, you guys can still defeat them." Spike spoke up trying to cheer them up, "You're the Power Ponies. I know you can still be the heroes who save the day, even without your powers."

"No...we can't..." Masked Matterhorn said unmoved by Spike's words, "They've got all of our powers, plus they're own powers! How did they defeat us? What do they have that we don't?"

"Friendship!" Spike then answered, though the Power Ponies and even Hum Drum were confused by his answer, "You know what I saw when I read your comics? Heroes! You know what I see when I look at you all now? A bunch of jerks!"

The group was left speechless at Spike's words. Not one of them was able to reply back.

"All this time, I looked up to all of you. You were my heroes. I was hoping that you would work together to help me and my friends get back to our world. But your worst enemies were a better team than you ever were! So, if we're ever going to beat them and get both my friends and your powers back, you all need to become a better team, and better friends!"

The Power Ponies went over to form a circle away from Spike, discussing privately about Spike's plan. After a moment, they returned to share their response.

"Well...Spike, was it?... After some consideration, you'll be happy to know that we'll be going with your plan." Masked Matterhorn told Spike accepting his plan, along with the other Power Ponies.

Despite what he had said to them earlier and how he felt about their behavior, Spike was honored that his own heroes took his advice.

"Yeah, Spike, where did that come from?" Mistress Mare-velous asked Spike wondering about his sudden burst of confidence earlier.

"Oh, trust me. I'm kind of an expert when it comes to friendship." Spike said trying to act cool.

"Well, if we have to become friends to defeat those villains, let's get to it! Come on, team--I mean, girls!" Masked Matterhorn said ready to learn about friendship.

A montage began with the Power Ponies back in their headquarters with Spike teaching them the essentials of friendship. These included team building exercises, getting to know each other more and so on. At some point during the montage, they even had a slumber party and having milkshakes. Eventually, the montage ended with the Power Ponies having successfully learned all that Spike could teach them.

"And with that, you now know everything there is to friendship." Spike said to the Power Ponies.

"All right, girls! Now that we're best friends, we're sure to take on the villains now! So, let's go out and kick some flank!" Masked Matter-Horn declared as she and her team were already eager for their rematch with the villains.

"Hold on a minute!" Spike exclaimed halting the heroines. "Sure, you got the power of friendship on your side, but just being friends isn't going to be enough to defeat your foes. And I know a way we can."

"Really? How?" Fili-Second asked Spike.

"I'll explain along the way. Now, c'mon. Let's go save my friends." Spike told them as they rushed out of the HQ to confront the villains.