• Published 23rd May 2019
  • 793 Views, 58 Comments

The Power Ponies - MrBiteo



The Mane 6 must join forces with the Power Ponies to return to their world.

  • ...
 58
 793

Issue 5

The Mane 6 were hanging upside down from within a cage. Much like the Masked Matter-Horn and Radiance, Twilight and Rarity's horns were incased in the same metal cuffs to prevent them from using their magic to escape. They all looked miserable while they hung there, not sure of how they would be able to escape their predicament. That answer came in the form of a couple of familiar shadows rising from the floor. The Mane 6 noticed the shadows and looked up to see Spike and the Power Ponies before them.

"Don't worry, we're here to break you out of here." Spike told the Mane 6 as Mistress Mare-velous picked the lock, opened the cage and threw a "hooverang" (which was a horseshoe), which cut the ropes hanging the Mane 6's feet, resulting in them falling to the ground. But luckily, the other Power Ponies caught them in time and managed to free them from their metal cuffs.

"How did you manage to get here?" Twilight asked Spike.

"Well, we did have this plan that involved us having to sneak in through the ventilation system, but we noticed that the villains didn't set up the security system, so we just walked in and found you." Spike explained.

"I'm glad you came to save us, Spike." Twilight informed Spike and the Power Ponies.

"You're welcome, Twilight. Although, I'm kinda wondering why the villains took you guys away in the first place." Spike asked confused.

"Because as it turns out, we have traces of some kind of magic that brought us here and the villains plan to use us to power a device that will take them to Equestria." Twilight explained, much to Spike and the Power Ponies' surprise. But Spike wasn't going to let that stop him.

"Don't worry. We already have a plan to stop them!" Spike reassured Twilight confident that his plan will work.

"But you never told us what the plan was yet." Fili-Second pointed out to Spike. "What is it, already?"

"Well, now that we rescued my friends, they'll be the perfect partners to help you guys. So, here's the plan..." Spike finally told the heroes about his plan to defeat the villains.

Speaking of which, the villains were all busy preparing the device they had hastily built, much like the lair they were in at the moment. They had converted the device they used to steal the Power Ponies' powers into a dimensional portal, which now had an archway that had an uncanny resemblance to the Crystal Mirror in Equestria. While they were preparing the machine, they were coming up with names for their group.

"I still like 'alliance of villainy' best." High Heel suggested.

"No can do. There's a team in Trotham that's called the Alliance of Villainy." Mane-iac informed High Heels while looking up names on her laptop while her hair tendrils were busy working on the device with the other villains.

"What about 'League of Evil'?" Pharaoh suggested.

"Mrglurgh?" Smudge merely said.

Soon, they had managed to get the device up and running, ready to be used to take them to Equestria.

"Excellent! Everything's going according to plan." The Mane-iac said delighted that her plan was coming to full fruition before turning her attention to Pharaoh. "Pharaoh. Go retrieve the Princess of Friendship and her friends."

"Roger!" Pharaoh saluted as he exited out of the room using superspeed to retrieve the Mane 6 for the machine. When he got to the room where the Mane 6 were being held, however, he discovered they were no longer in the cage that imprisoned them and noticed the metal cuffs that kept Twilight and Rarity from using their magic and Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy from flying on the floor.

"They've escaped!" Pharaoh exclaimed at he prepared to report to the other villains.

"Hey, Pharaoh Slowpoke! Over here!" Fili-Second mockingly called out to him from outside the room.

"Why, you--!" Pharaoh angrily stated immediately chasing after her, "I'll chase you powerless ponies down in a flash!" Unbeknownst to him, he passed by Fili-Second, who was hiding behind a pillar with Pinkie while the two smiled in satisfaction. Pharaoh soon ended up in a room with a forked hallway. "Where are you, you insects?" Pharaoh demanded.

"Where are we? Where are you, Pharaoh?" The voices of Pinkie and Fili-Second echoed all over the room and asked Pharaoh, "You're part of a team that doesn't want you!"

"W-What do you mean?" Pharaoh asked the voices looking at each of the hallways unsure of where the voices are coming from.

"They don't need the Phony Pharaoh! They say you're the weak link!" The voices claimed.

"You--You're lying!" Pharaoh defended trying to deflect their claims.

"Am I? Or am I the only one telling the truth?" The voices asked again.

Elsewhere, Shadowmane and High Heel went to go check on Pharaoh in the room where the Mane 6 were locked up in.
"The cage! Where are the prisoners?!" Shadowmane asked over the disappearances of the Mane 6.

"Where's Pharaoh?!" High Heel then asked as well.

"It's your fault they escaped, you oaf!" Twilight's voice imitating High Heel told off Shadowmane.

"Did you just call me an oaf?" Shadowmane asked High Heel confused.

"How dare you!" High Heel rebuttaled offended.

"You want to take this up with my lasso?" Shadowmane threatened High Heel with Mare-velous's lasso.

"Oh, don't make me angry, Shadow-Lame! You won't like me when I'm angry!" High Heel threatened Shadowmane. Unbeknownst to them, Twilight Sparkle and Masked Matter-Horn sneaked past them outside the room.

Meanwhile, Mane-iac, Long Face and Smudge were waiting for Pharaoh, Shadowmane and High Heel's return. However, Mane-iac was getting impatient.

"Something's wrong." Long Face said acknowledging why Pharaoh, Shadowmane and High Heel haven't returned yet.

"Of course, something's wrong! Why hasn't the Pharaoh come back yet?! Or Shadowmane or High Heel?! I'm going to go look for them!" Mane-iac pointed out the obvious to Long Face. Tired of waiting, Mane-iac got up from her seat using her hair tendrils and was about to go search for Pharaoh, Shadowmane and High Heel.

"Maybe they don't trust you, Mane-iac..." One of the Mane 6's voices whispered to Mane-iac, catching her offguard, "Maybe they are planning to betray you..."

"What?! No! Or... could they?" The Mane-iac asked herself in her head as she could tell that her sanity was slipping and she took the voices' word about the other villains planning to betray her. She turned toward Long Face and Smudge with newfound distrust towards them. "I should've known you would try to tear me down!"

"Eh?/Gruh?" Both Long Face and Smudge merely replied in confusion to Mane-iac's response before she blasted a bolt of magic against Smudge, who was saved in the nick of time thanks to Long Face using Radiance's magic to create a construct shield to deflect the bolt of magic. This lead to the Mane-iac fighting against Long Face and Smudge, something that both Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Zapp and Saddle Rager hoped for, who were where the voices belonged to. The four sneaked out of there with the Mane-iac spotting them and realizing that they tricked her into turning on her comrades. She convinced Long Face and Smudge about the four's deceit and so they all chased after the heroines.

Meanwhile, Applejack, along with Mistress Mare-velous, Radiance, Rarity, Spike and Hum Drum were in the room where the villains had discarded the now disassembled part of the device they used to steal the Power Ponies' powers in. Radiance was recalibrating the device with Rarity, Spike and Hum Drum serving her as her assistants.

"Is it ready yet, Radiance?" Mistress Mare-velous asked Radiance.

"Patience, please! This is the first time I've worked on such a device!" Radiance replied recalibrating the device when Pinkie and Fili-Second came into the room with news to report.

"The Phony Pharaoh should be right behind us." Fili-Second reported to Mistress Mare-velous.

"High Heel and Shadowmane are on their way!" Masked Matter-Horn reported as well running into the room with Twilight, "How's the device?"

"I'm coomiiiing!" The Mane-iac sang menacingly echoing outside the room.

"Make haste, friends!" Zapp declared, bursting into the room along with Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy and Saddle Rager.

"You're not hellllpiiiiiiing!" The Mane-iac sang once again as she, Long Face and Smudge charged into the room, "There you fools are! You thought you could turn us against each other?!"

"Finished!" Radiance announced having finished recalibrating the device right on cue.

"What's finished? What are you--" The Mane-iac asked Radiance confused about what she meant until she quickly realized what was going on along with Long Face and Smudge, "... Oh, fudge..."

Without any hesitation, Radiance flipped the switch and activated the device. Much like before, the device struck its pink bolts of energy at the heroes and villains. Only this time, it was returning the Power Ponies' powers back to them from the villains.

"No! Oh, no, no, no, no, no, no!" The Mane-iac panicked seeing her horn gone from her forehead.

"Now, who's laughing, Mane-iac?" Masked Matter-Horn sarcastically asked Mane-iac as she, Radiance and Zapp stood before her triumphantly.

"Hee...hee...hee?" Mane-iac merely laughed nervously.

"Saddle Rager! Mistress Mare-velous! Follow me!" Spike said picking up the device with Hum Drum.

"Lead the way, Spike!" Mistress Mare-velous told Spike as he and Hum Drum lead both her and Saddle Rager to Shadowmane and High Heel, who were in the middle of a battle.

"You wanna take me on, Flip Flop?" Shadowmane dared High Heel planning to use her lasso.

"Bring it, Tiny!" High Heel talked back at Shadowmane now having muscled up and ready to pound her former partner into a pancake.

"Flying Tackle!" Mistress Mare-velous announced landing a midair kick at Shadowmane, knocking her away, much to High Heel's surprise.

High Heel, however, growled a bit after seeing Saddle Rager standing in front of her by the doorway. "You Powerless Ponies are going to pay for this--" High Heel threatened Saddle Rager, who just stood there unflinched by the villain's threat when suddenly, the two were were enveloped in the device's pink energy, which returned Saddle Rager's power back to her from High Heel.

"I think you're the one that's about to pay, High Heel."

"And why is that?" High Heel demanded until Fluttershy pointed to a now transformed Saddle Rager, who was about to deliver a punch toward High Heel.

Meanwhile, Pharaoh was on the floor in a fetal position and having a mental breakdown.

"And when I was seven, I took my mother's comb without asking for it and she--" Pharaoh rambled to no one.

Pinkie approached Pharaoh and cleared her throat. "Sorry to bother you, but when you're done with your emotional breakdown, can we have Fili-Second's power back and take you to prison?" She asked him pointing to the Mane 6, Spike and the Power Ponies with the device.

"Oh, let's just get it over with." Pharaoh answered having already given up after seeing the heroes having the device, which they used to take away his superspeed and return it to Pinkie Pie.

Later, the villains were taken into custody by the Maretropolis police and the Mane 6 and the Power Ponies returned to the latter's headquarters.

"Nice work, Power Ponies. Now let's power up that teleportation device and get ourselves home." Twilight said to the Power Ponies.

"I'm afraid that won't happen." Masked Matter-Horn corrected Twilight. "You see, we never intended to bring you back to your world. We want to travel to Equestria ourselves. That way, we can be its saviors and rule over it just like we've done with this city."

The Mane 6 were shocked at what Masked Matter-Horn said and the looks on the other Power Ponies implied that they were seriously as they soon developed sinister expressions toward the Mane 6.

"Not if we have anything to say about it!" Rainbow Dash told the Power Ponies not wanting to let these false heroes get away with it and charging toward them.

However, Radiance used her magic to levitate what appeared to be a giant can of hairspray.

"The Mane-iac's Hairspray Ray of Doom! It stops you in your tracks and renders your powers useless!" Spike exclaimed at the can of hairspray Radiance was holding, but it was too late as Zapp dropped down and pushed down on the nozzle, spraying Rainbow Dash, which left her immobilized as she dropped to the ground.

Before they could do anything, the rest of the Mane 6 were also sprayed by the treacherous Power Ponies. Spike was horrified by the fact that he was witnessing his heroes being villainous and planning to take over Equestria. He spotted Hum Drum next to him and approached him.

"Hum Drum! Please tell me that the Power Ponies are brainwashed by the Mane-iac! Just a little mind control?" Spike begged Hum Drum.

But the saddened look on Hum Drum confirmed it was true. "I'm sorry, Spike."

Spike didn't want to believe it, but he knew now for what the Power Ponies truly are and just then, he turned around and saw the Hairspray Ray of Doom aimed directly at him.

"Don't spray! Please! I'm your biggest fan!" Spike pleaded his heroes.

The Power Ponies, on the other hand, merely laughed at his plea mockingly so, much like they did with Hum Drum.

"Oh, Spike. Of course you're our biggest fan. But we can't have you going around trying to stop us from achieving our master plan now, can we?" Masked Matter-Horn condescendingly told Spike, nodding to Zapp, who sprayed Spike with the Hairspray Ray of Doom, leaving him immobilized like the Mane 6 as they were all taken away by the Power Ponies.

Author's Note:

Don't worry, this is not the end of the story. There's just one or two more chapters to finish this story.