• Published 11th May 2019
  • 548 Views, 2 Comments

Rise of Colossatron - The Bloon-Man



The Massive World Threat comes to Equestrita from unknowable space, and a long forgotten past.

  • ...
 2
 548

Awakening the Monster

There are times which we question whether we are alone in the universe, or not. It has been said that both are equally terrifying. Being limited to to the very land they walk on, the ponies, griffons, and dragons are given very limited thoughts on the prospect. All they know is what they live. They liked it like that. However, there are a select few who know the truth. There are those who lived a great war of epic proportions that the very mention of their opposition sends them into a defensive mode. Truly, only two among the many still recall the horrors of the time. So dedicated to keeping peace and harmony, the entire event was wiped from their history. Any mention of these creatures was banned from spoken language and written text were burned. To speak of them in a good light was borderline treasonous. There was nothing good about them. They were destroyers and the people of Equestria were lucky to survive. The woman currently walking the halls of her castle atop the mountain it stood had almost forgotten the war even occurred. It had been so long ago that it even predated the Nightmare Moon crisis.

She and her younger sister fought these metal beings when they were still ponies. That strange magic which humanized them had stuck to their biology. She didn’t mind though. She found that these new bodies were still quite graceful and rather enjoyed the simple uses of her hands and fingers. It made her feel humble. Even the most powerful magic user would still abstain from petty uses of her magic like grabbing things. However, it was these small pleasures that reminded her of the horrible fighting that occurred.

-5,000 years before Nightmare Moon-

The cosmic rain poured over the land in mountainous piles. These meteors were unlike anything that had ever been seen. Celestia and Luna could only do so much. There were only so many people they could save. As soon as the metal cases began falling. The alicorns moved as fast as they could to save the ponies. Many had been crushed underneath and others were so frozen in fear that they didn’t dodge the rubble created by the crashes. Focusing on saving as many as she could, Celestia flew past the crowd and casted a last-second barrier instantaneously to stop another large meteor. She looked below to her sister, who was trying to get the ponies within the capitol quickly. She looked to the makeshift town and saw a most heartbreaking scenario. Many ponies were crying and downcast. They had lost loved ones and their livelihoods. Such an occurrence could not have been accounted for and thus, the population of Equestria had been caught off guard.

‘Finally,’ she thought. ‘The last pony is under the shield. Now we can truly see what is plaguing our home.’

If by some sheer thought reading process, the skies closed and the cosmic rain ceased to fall.

“Luna!” Celestia called to her sister.

“Sister, it seems the cosmic rain has halted its advance. Shall we take advantage of the situation and begin rebuilding?”

“No, I am afraid not. I wish to inspect these ‘meteors.’ Look forth at the damage caused. This was no ordinary anomaly. I feel as if this was merely a precursor to a much larger scheme.”

“To what are you speaking off? We see no ulterior motive other than the destruction the beyond has so cruelly bestowed upon our citizens.”

“I do not believe we were targeted by the powers of beyond for any wrongdoing on our part. I believe there is a lesser power at work here. Still, my true fear is that though we may not be facing godly beings, yet that they are still much more than we can defend against.”

“Very well, Sister. If you wish to inspect the rubble, do so. However, We implore you to take with thee the guard.” Luna had always been one to utilize her own guard. She never understood why Celestia had chosen to confront certain things without the aid of her soldiers. “If what you speak is true, then you may require assistance. We shall stay here with our citizens and ensure their safety.”

“Of course.” Celsetia turned her attention towards a group of ponies with armor situated on their bodies. “Commander, gather your men of highest quality and follow. We shall see what truly has penetrated our world.”

“As you command, Princess.” Before he turned his attention to his unit, he again faced the Princess of the Sun. “Your Highness, what is it exactly, are we preparing to fight?”

The princess turned to meet the shorter pony. “Hopefully, there would be no bloodshed. I merely wish to see what these things are.”

-Present time-

Celestia looked herself over. The form she was born with had left her ages ago yet, her body still felt the horrors of the past. Underneath her long, flowing, pure white dress laid on her perfect, porcelain skin with scars she dutifully covered. Underneath her secretly imperfect skin, belied a heart that was broken from witnessing the devastation of her home. She thought of that fateful day. She wished she could have sent those pods elsewhere. Anywhere but her home. It had been centuries before they managed to wipe clean the devastation of her world. It took another millennia for the world to renew itself. Though plagued with these memories, she took solace in the fact that had finished. Her sister once again stood by her side and ruled fairly; her student had gained friends and took their rightful places as heiresses to the Elements of Harmony; and her land was at peace. She couldn’t have been happier.

~Ponyville~

“Come on, Sweetie Bell, its gonna be fun!” As per usual, the Cutie Mark Crusaders had found adventure where literally no one else would. Only Daring Doo would be so bold as just waltzing into a forest that was as infamous as the Everfree Forest. “It’ll be an adventure!” Scotaloo’s usual enthusiasm had been a catalyst for Sweetie choosing to go with her friends.

Applebloom led the trio. She has; butter-yellow skin and wears jean overalls which she rolled up above her knees, a green t-shirt, and orange and red boots. Right beside her is Scootaloo: a light orange skinned girl, wears: green cargo shorts, a cyan shirt with a black hoodie over it, and dark gray tennis shoes. Sweetie Bell has pure white skin and wears: hot pink and yellow skirt and blouse ensemble with a white and light pink-striped shirt, and matching shoes.

“Oh, alright. But I still think that this is a bad idea. If I go home covered in dirt, Rarity is gonna be super mad!”

“Now don’t you fret none, Sweetie. We’re just gonna go for a little bit of light adventuring,” Applebloom said. “If it helps, we’ll stick close to the path. We won’t stray too far.”

The three friends entered into the forest with little care. It wasn’t that they welcomed danger, but they had trespassed several times before. They weren’t exactly new to the terrain. The walk was rather silent, much to the chagrin of each of the girls. None of them could find a suitable topic to discuss. Their cutie marks? Only all the time. Cute boys? Wasn’t that like, for older people, and also a little embarrassing?

“Okay, Ah don’t know what’s going on but we can’t keep on moving like this. Whats going on, guys?” Applebloom turned to ask. After a few seconds of silence she had just enough with the silent treatment. “Look, we’re normally not this quiet when we go on adventurin’ so we need to figure this out right now.”

“I don’t know. I guess it’s just that, well, we’ve done a lot of different things, but we still don’t have our cutie marks. I guess after all this time I am just feeling a little bummed out about it.” Scootaloo finally said. “I see Rainbow Dash flying and doing her thing and I’m down here, stuck,” she aid while trying to flap her small wings.

“And y’all feel the same way, Sweetie Bell?”

“Yeah. Rarity displays such passion when making her dresses or whatever she makes. Honestly, I feel a little left out. Like I’m missing out on some great destiny or something!” She loves her sister but Sweetie often thought about how her sister had her life figured out. Rarity knew what her dreams were and was aware of the steps needed. Sweetie had none of that. What she had was a need to find out who she was. Maybe that weird rainbow rock could shed some light. Wait, what? “Hey guys, what’s this thing?”

The girls went to the weird rock and began examining it. The rock led them away from the path deeper into the forrest. It should come as no surprise that the CMC were easily distracted by weird and ominous objects. Whenever told to stay put, they more often than not moved. It wasn’t that they were disobedient, but curiosity and a knack for adventure compelled them to do things. This need to find their destiny had oft gotten them into trouble, though they hardly let that slow them down. From their sisters and other adults worrying about their safety and classmates teasing them to no end, the CMC found themselves with a growing need to prove themselves and show they are not children. Despite, you know, them actually being children.

“I don’t know, Sweetie. It looks like some sort of weird, metal rock. But it feels like… glass?”

“Now that’s just silly, Scoots. Rocks ain’t made of glass.”

“I’m telling you, Applebloom, this thing feels like glass. I don’t think that rainbow swirl is on the outside, I think it’s inside whatever this thing is.”

“Y’all are saying this thing is a big ol’ box filled with a swirlin’ rainbow?” Applebloom had heard many things in her life: chicken creatures which can turn you into stone; beings of chaos that warp reality at will; and jam made from magic apples that follow a weird set of rules. “Now that’s just crazy talk. Rainbows aren’t just stuffed into glass boxes and stuff. Right?”

Her look of incredulousness quickly shifted to that of confusion as she swerved her head towards Scootaloo. Even though neither worked at the Weather Factory, both Sweetie and Applebloom figured that Scootaloo would probably be the one best suited to answer that question.

“I don’t know. I bet Rainbow Dash would! Let’s go find her and ask her what this is!”

“Ya just want an excuse to see Rainbow Dash. Besides, if we tell her we were out in the forrest, how’d you think she gonna react?” Applebloom questioned. It was more of a reminder than a question. It wasn’t exactly a secret that Scootaloo idolized the cyan feathered woman. Rainbow is an incredible flyer and any young child with wings would be excused from wanting to be more like the daredevil.

“Oh. Yeah. But still, we should bring this to someone who does know what it is.”

“Maybe it’s some rainbow mix?” Sweetie spoke to voice her thoughts.

“Rainbow mix? Ah don’t think so.” Applebloom kept inspecting the object looking for some clue as to what it might be. She looked down towards the base and noticed a blinking red button. “Hey there’s some sort of button on this thing. Do ya think we should push it?”

The other two girls gathered over her shoulders to look at her discovery. Indeed there was a button at the base of the giant prism, blinking a very entrancing red. The young farmer slowly moved her hand towards it, her curiosity demanding to know what would happen. At the last second she pulled away her hand.

“Ah don’t think we should touch it. Ah’m gettin’ a weird feeling from this thing. We should leave it alone.”

“Oh come one, Applebloom it’s just a button.” Scootaloo reached over her and pushed the button. “See? Nothing to worry about.” Perhaps not at first.

Before the others could react to their friend’s reckless move, the device started beeping. The trio looked back to the rainbow prism and collectively began walking away from it. Whatever it was, or whenever it was built may not have been known, but it was likely really old. It began shaking with the substance inside churning as if it was catalyzing itself. The girls began to worry and regret that pushing the button may not have been a good idea after all. The CMC huddled together in fear trying to figure out what is happening. Applebloom, wordlessly, brought up her arm and pointed to the center of the prism where the trio noticed an…arm? Theres an arm in the thing? Theres a person in the thing?! The device stopped beeping and the arm started moving. The girls backed away in fear of the sentient appendage. Internal explosions filled the device and the rainbow hued insides swirled and, in a spectacular fashion, exploded the entire prism leaving many, different sized, hexagonal marks in the ground. Trees were broken, bushes were burned, and a crater was left in its wake. The young girls flew back and landed on their backs. They rolled for several more feet before they stopped moving.

Coughing filled the air as the trio tried to get air back in their lungs. A ringing became more present in their ears. Them being tossed into the foliage of the forest resulted in them covered in dirt, grass, and whatever plant they crashed into.

“What the heck was that?” Scootaloo yelled. In her defense, the explosion had given them all a terrible ringing in their ears. Her perception of volume is a bit poor at the moment. The trio allowed the ringing to dwindle before asking each other the same question. They looked back at the source of the explosion. They had only one reaction. The CMC let out a scream that managed to reach the ears of a very worried, and upset, group of women who have been looking for them.

Crawling in the crater, in place of the device, was a large male. Comparable to Celestia’s height, he had a red and silver coloration, and his body was covered in some sort of armor. This isn’t any ordinary being. His body looked to be a sort of mishmash of flesh and metal. Like steel in a constant malleable state, his muscles contracted and relaxed slowly. The girls screams hadn’t been registered yet, for his mind was slowly becoming acclimated to being awake and working again. His eyes rapidly opened and closed, trying to balance his intake of light. The girls looked on with both fear and curiosity. He kept crawling forwards. Or at least, forward in respect to where his head was facing. The large figure began what looked like stretching, trying to loosen muscles that have been locked up for quite some time. Internal mechanisms that were an unholy amalgamation of organic tissue and hardened gears of otherworldly metal twisted, turned, and pumped its “blood” to the rest of his body. Finally, he pushed himself to stand on his knees and let out an animalistic roar.

“GGGRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGHHHHH! I AM AWAKE!” His instant, heavy use of his voice prompted coughing and hacking to follow the proclamation. A green aura surrounded his body and slowly he felt more accustomed to his new consciousness. His throat still hurt and his eyes just barely evened out. He looked down and found the liberators of his cursed slumber. “You are small creatures. Was it you who activated the prism?" He crawled towards the young girls. His massive "hands" creating large indentions in the dirt. "Tell me, was it you who freed me from centuries upon centuries of discomforting sleep?” His inquiries nearly fell on deaf ears, when Sweetie and Scootaloo made the unanimous decision that Applebloom was the leader by pushing her to answer.

“Uh, I-I-I g-g-gue-guess so? W-we d-d-didn’t mean to disturb you.” Applebloom’s stuttering caused some annoyance in the mind of the tall being.

‘They must be younglings,’ he thought. ‘Their small frames must indicate a new species now dominates this land. How long have I slept?’ “Tell me, my liberators, how long have I slumbered? Also, with what designation shall I refer to you?”

Incredibly confused, Applebloom could only ask, “Do you mean our names?”

After giving it some thought, the figure simply answered, “Yes.”

“W-well, I am Applebloom, this is Sweetie Bell and Scootaloo,” she gestured to her two friends still cowering behind her. “What’s your name?”

“Many years ago, my enemies named me for my own people did not address each other by names. They called me: the Colossatron.”

Author's Note:

Greetings, reader! I just wanted to give you a quick note about this story and where exactly I am headed with this. This is based off of a game by Halfbrick Studios. You know, the Fruit Ninja people? Anyway, I am huge fan of another of their games and decided that no fan fiction of it is a bad thing.
This chapter is rather shorter than I wanted it to be, but it is only the first chapter and I wanted to get something out as this is a project I have been working on for quite some time. If you wish to keep up with the story, don't expect a regular update schedule as real life must come before fictional tales. Also, I tend to do quite a lot of other things so that slows down production.
Sorry about the ramble but I felt y'all should now, considering you are the one devoting your time to read this, which I do appreciate. Hope you enjoyed the first chapter of this story and more will come.
Please enjoy your time here and criticism is always welcome!

Comments ( 2 )

Care to tell me more about Halfbrick?

9619425
Certainly. They are this game developer in Australia that focuses mainly on mobile games. They are the ones that created the game this fic is based off of, Fruit Ninja, Jetpack Joyride, and whole list of other games.

Login or register to comment