• Published 6th May 2019
  • 404 Views, 29 Comments

Chronicles of a lone guardsman - Drakstice



An Imperial Guardsman is stranded in Equestria. What will he chronicle and how will he adapt? Read on to find out.

  • ...
 29
 404
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
Comments ( 8 )

An Imperial cult in Equestria?
Hmm, I'm interested.

“He comes from a world called Holy Terra,”

well he cannot be from lucifer blacks, they don't take such cowards to their ranks. So does not palatine sentinel regiment because they can fight deamons without batting a eye. Sou he must be from some PDF conscript.

The tension in the air snapped as loudly as Levin’s weapon did. Like a lightning bolt, a perfectly straight and blinding projectile discharged from the barrel and struck the ground just inches from Applewhite’s feet.

wait he has feet? is he a mutant? No wonder he wanted to kill him.

A couple of twists... joke about charging lasgun battery in campfire becoming real deal... crazy pony names of crazy ponies..

This world is crazy

9679052
it is possible to charge lasguns magazines battery but it is extremely dangerous.

were short of supplies there, too. Power packs recharge if you leave them out in sunlight.’

‘There isn’t any sunlight,’ Cully hissed at him. ‘There isn’t going to be any sunlight, not here. Not ever.’

‘Maybe not,’ Rachain said, ‘but I remember something those Catachans told us. If you’re really stuck, and I’d say we are, you can get some charge back in a power pack by cooking it in a camp fire.’

Cully nodded slowly. He remembered that too, now that the sergeant mentioned it.

‘Where’s it safe to light a fire, where it won’t be seen?’

‘In there, I reckon,’ Rachain said, nodding towards the hulking ruin of the manufactory. He laughed hollowly. ‘We’ve already cleared it out once, after all.’

Cully nodded. He waved the squad up, and together they crept into the building and swept it with their lights. It was empty. He detailed Limardi and Bonsell to building a fire, using the discarded packing foam and sacking that littered the place as fuel. It stank but it caught well enough, and was soon a crackling blaze in the middle of the blackened rockcrete floor.

‘We’ll just do one first, see if it works,’ Rachain said.

He took Morran’s lasgun and ejected the almost-spent power pack, and set it carefully at the edge of the fire. They settled down to wait, huddling around the blaze to warm themselves. Cully was starving but he was at least warm for the first time in days, and he felt himself beginning to doze.

The concussive shock of the explosion threw him onto his side, probably the only thing that saved him from the shrapnel that flew over his head and shredded Trooper Leehan where he sat.

Cully lay prone, his almost empty lasgun tracking in the dark, looking for an enemy who wasn’t there.

‘The power pack,’ Kallek said, her voice sounding flat and dead as she stared at what was left of Leehan. ‘It blew up.’

from the book "Baphomet by Night"

9682404
Heh, written in 2018.
Yeah, explanation makes at least limited sense, though original joke was that Mechanicus Acolytes would say that someone is "dumb enough to charge lasgun battery in fire".

Realistically, if that's possible, then chargin battery by putting it under sun yields more (if still miniscle, about 5-6 watts) energy. Thing is fire causes heat, and most photosensitive materials have limit of how much heat they can stand, Of course, if one doesn't have acccess to sun, then...

9682429
ou yea, charging a battery by using sun light to create a beam that powerful, would not give frak all many shots to make it worth while.

I this story but Fluttershy wouldn't do the stare so soon. she would most like let him built a fire a safe distance from every thing or would just built one up for him so he can do what he like without annoying any one. Also you got to add this

somewhere.

The rear of the object hit the ground first and it discharged a projectile into the afternoon sky. It went wide right, but Fluttershy could still feel the heat emitted off of whatever it fired. She did not let the loud emission or heat distract her from the task at hand. She had to assert her dominance over the stubborn beast and only by properly breaking his will to resist could Fluttershy do it.

Sigh Typical unbeatable stare cliche. Never had to drop a story so fast and here it's even worse as she managed to ignore getting barely hit by a laser weapon that actually affected her.

Login or register to comment