• Published 14th Aug 2019
  • 1,487 Views, 565 Comments

8 Magic Nights - The Blue EM2



It's a World of Joy, it's a World of Fears, it's a World of Spontaneous TFs...

  • ...
14
 565
 1,487

Night 5: Beautiful Fish!

Despite being a keen fan of all things Disney, Jimmy had never particularly been to the Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow. Or EPCOT, to you and me. There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, shining at the-

That's quite enough quoting 'There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow', you lot. On with the story. Still, of all the parks of the Walt Disney World Resort, Jimmy knew Epcot least (or Eggpot, as his brother often called it to annoy him), having been there not as often as the others. He honestly wondered why.

He hopped through the gates and feasted his eyes upon Spaceship Earth. Following Walt's passing in 1966, the core idea of a great city (Progress City) had been shelved, as the company felt that the running and construction of an entire city, alongside several theme parks and a movie making division, would be too much for them. In response, they scaled back their plans, and envisioned a 'Permanent World's Fair', celebrating human achievement and ingenuity. This was later revised to form one half of the park, or as it became known, Futureworld. The other half of the idea was reworked to become a celebration of the cultures of the world. Notable entries on opening day had been Mexico, China, Japan, the United Kingdom (though mostly England, barring the occasional playing of bagpipe music), France, Germany (or West Germany, as it was back then), Nigeria, and the United States of America, (Sam the Eagle was very impressed indeed). In later years, newer pavillions for Morocco and Norway had opened, but one for the Republic of Ireland (NOT SOUTHERN IRELAND. THERE IS NO SUCH COUNTRY AS SOUTHERN IRELAND) was yet to be built due to funding and planning problems, not to mention objections from Britain for some reason.

So, there you have it. Epcot. Epcot in a nutshell. But Jimmy was on his way to one of the pavilions that made up Futureworld, set about in a ring around the Spaceship Earth attraction. Jimmy could see the twin pyramidaic towers of the Imagination Pavilion in the distance. He had such happy memories of going on the original version of Journey into Imagination, and absolutely hated the new version of the attraction with the immature jokes and mucked about interiors. It was basically the terrible Journey into YOUR Imagination with a poorly done overlay rammed into it. Speaking of lost attractions, he had recollections of riding Body Wars over in the Life Pavilion (now a glorified food court for the Epcot food and wine festival, whenever that was in town around here.

But now his target. The Sea with Nemo and Friends was a retheme of the much older The Living Seas, which still made use of the large salt water tank at the heart of the design. However, most of the sealife was now gone, replaced with screens and projectors. Jimmy didn't understand the need to theme each and every ride to a specific film. I mean, Walt didn't do it, so why should they do it now?

Anyways, Jimmy quickly joined the queue line, walking past the animatronic seagulls that periodically shouted "MINE! MINE!" As he walked in, he was surrounded by queue line features of a nautical nature, such as partially rotten wood, as well as the props in the queue, such as a giant pair of swimming goggles that belonged to a diver, or a coastguard tower that sat on the edge of Sydney, Australia (an Antipodean story indeed). As Jimmy prepared to board his clamobile, his hand brushed a support railing before the entrance, and there was a brief jolt that ran through his body as he sat down and the car rolled through the entrance to a dark tunnel.

"This is crazy," he said, before glancing downwards to see a phenomenon common to him was starting. It began with his shoes, which changed into a pair of red slip on shoes, complete with no laces or cover for his foot. As this was being processed by Jimmy's mind, his socks vanished, and his slacks suddenly lost their button and zip. The bottoms of the legs changed into bell bottoms, with another floral pattern growing out of the bottom of the legs. The top of the slacks suddenly (and it most certainly was suddenly) grew upwards, fabric looping over the top of his shirt and down to connect on the other side. The 'sleeves', as they were, gained the same frilly pattern, and a heart appeared on the chest section of this new garment. Finally, his shirt changed colour to pink, and the sleeves grew to his wrists, with the same floral effect on the ends of the sleeves. He also gained a small white collar, for some reason the author cannot possibly fathom.

This was, of course, followed by the inevitable. And those who have read enough of these stories will know that what comes next will see things through. After all, we cannot leave Jimmy looking totally ridiculous, can we?

The process promptly resumed with his hair, which turned a very pale orange, and grew into a ponytail at his back, with a red bow acting as a support to hold the ponytail in place. His skin turned yellow, and his eyes went to a vary pale blue (which didn't really constitute that much of a change when you think about it, as his eyes were blue anyway). Then he began to shrink, his body getting shorter and shorter until he couldn't have been more than four feet. Nothing else occurred in his chest area, but his manhood vanished fairly promptly, and, to be truthful, little else changed.

It was a good thing that the Clam Car was in a dark tunnel where nobody could see it, or else people would probably have freaked out at the sight of a 20 something man changing into a 10 year old. Jimmy looked at herself. "Really?" she asked, in a new, higher pitched, much more nasally voice. "G1 characters now?"


The Sea with Nemo and Friends, as theme park attractions go, is not one that is easy to describe. A variation on the Omnimover system, where riders sit in continously moving vehicles and are taken past things on the way, such as the Haunted Mansion, the ride took people past projections of the Finding Nemo characters in various parts of the sea with real fish swimming about behind them. Why not just leave the real fish there?

Megan was not impresed when she got off, walking over to the main observation tank to take a look at all the fish. "That overlay felt unneccessarry," she said to herself. "What next, Princess Skystar will appear in the tank?"

As if to tempt fate, a giant yellow seapony then appeared. "Hey now, don't be shy I know we-"

Go back to Dive Right In. As the Seapony vanished, Megan could only hope the day of her friends was less mad.

Author's Note:

Apparently, Megan Williams is a reference to a G1 character. Quite why Hasbro want to remember that era is beyond me, but oh well.

Only ride The Sea with Nemo and Friends if you have nothing else to do.