• Published 14th Aug 2019
  • 1,487 Views, 565 Comments

8 Magic Nights - The Blue EM2



It's a World of Joy, it's a World of Fears, it's a World of Spontaneous TFs...

  • ...
14
 565
 1,487

Night 6: Up Sand Creek (without a paddle)

Tom, sure enough, found himself in Asia at Animal Kingdom once more. He had waved goodbye to Katrina an hour or two earlier, as they had to separate ways in order to reach their respective parks. As previously discussed, Animal Kingdom and Epot lay in entirely separate directions, and only the latter park was actually on the monorail network. Hence why Tom had been on a bus and Katrina had been on a monorail (hopefully without drunken singing this time). Tom also hoped that, unlike his last trip to Animal Kingdom, he wouldn't run into any wild Karens on the way. Dealing with them was annoying, and I mean ANNOYING.

Anyways, Tom proceeded onwards into the park, and stood in Asia, having crossed over the great rope bridge that connected Discovery Island to Asia. This bridge was crossed by many people in their way into and out of the park, and looked set to be so for many years to come. As Tom walked into Asia, he was once more assailed by the glorious sights, sounds, and smells of the kingdom of Anandapur, a fictional country meant to be somewhere in the Himalayas based on the architecture and flags fluttering about (that, and Everest, which was visible through the trees, was something of a giveaway as to this being a place in the mountains of the Himalayas). So, Tom walked onwards, passed the Anandapur Theatre (still showing the UP bird show, no doubt) and stopped before the bridge that took you into Serka Zong, glancing up at Everest for what he thought would be the last time in a long while. He had no clue as to when he was coming back here, and-

Oh, why was he being so negative? He still had three whole days here! In light of this revelation, Tom chose to make the most of them. He turned to his destination, an old classic of the park.

Kali River Rapids.

This ride was, as the title suggests, a journey over a river, that had opened one year after the park in 1999. The passengers rode along a river that was very bumpy, not to mention the victim of illegal logging, destroyed habitat, water sprayers, and even all sorts of other things like huge drops and splashes. Not slashes. This isn't Alfred Hitchcock: the Art of Making Movies!

That is quite enough of a digression. Tom walked forward to scan his Magic Band against the terminal, and after it played a short extract of 'When you Wish Upon a Star', it turned green, letting him into the Fastpass line. He stepped along a well kept path with a queue next to him that was already getting longer and longer, and full of people. Some were smiling. Some were complaining. But one group were keeping themselves entertained by playing I Spy, which Tom thought was a very clever way of passing the time.

Just then, he heard a voice. One that made him concerned.

"I'm a parent! I should be allowed to skip the line!"

"No, you shouldn't," said another voice, a man, presumably her husband. "You've already caused a scene once this trip and nearly got us ejected from the resort. Now be quiet and just queue like the rest of us."

"But my ba-"

"He's my son too, in case you've forgotten. And he looks completely fine to me." And indeed the boy was, happily soaking up the atmosphere of the queue line.

The woman, in comparison, looked completely silent in comparison, and resorted to looking at the floor, muttering to herself over and over again in an annoying way. Tom just went on by, the woman totally unaware that she and Tom had met before (admittedly when Tom was Wallflower).


Queueing was fairly simple, and Tom got onto the ride in about 15 minutes, taking his seat. The ride vehicles were boats that were circular, like huge rafts, and each raft had twelve seats arranged in a circle. As per Disney convention, the boats were named, the one Tom had boarded being called “Sherpa Surfer”. He relaxed in his seat, and attached his seat belt. In these weather conditions, he could do with a good soak in the water.

"You look like you're having fun!" said a voice to his left. Tom looked over, and to his astonishment saw something he had never seen before.

Sitting next to him was a girl, who couldn't have been more than twelve, who had blue skin and eyes. She had pink hair, in a fairly short cut, and wore a red dress with white socks and black shoes.

"So, it seems that somebody has TFed before I even got here," Tom thought. "That's a first."

"I'm Ocellus," the girl said, and extended her hand. "Nice to meet you."

Tom extended his own hand, and shook hers, before suddenly getting a static shock. "Ow! Sorry, that sometimes happens at random." He stopped speaking after that sentence. His voice was getting higher, though not much higher, and it had hints of an American accent. The boat began to move off, luckily meaning that nobody could see what was happening. The boat left the station and began to go up the ramp.

Tom, on the other hand, continued to change, almost randomly. His skin turned a very light green that looked almost lime in colour, and his hair, whilst it remained the same length, changed to two tone green, with varying consistency and stripes. His eyes turned green, and his height began to decrease, dropping more than 6 inches judging by how baggy his shirt had become.

Speaking of his clothes, his shoes and socks abruptly shrank around his feet, followed by his slacks shrinking up his legs and turning into a pair of shorts, which turned dark green. His own shirt shrank onto his body, and it also turned green, thus completing the transformation.

Tom quickly checked a certain set of body parts were still on his person, and sighed. "Not often I get to stay the same gender after this," he said. Only then did he notice that Ocellus was looking at him in fascination. "Yeah?"

She giggled. "I suppose I'd better call you Sandbar now, eh?" she said.

"Works for me," Sandbar, as he was now, replied. "You don't seem at all freaked out, though."

"Trust me, I've seen a lot of weird stuff," Ocellus replied. "Including a pink girl in Brentwood who caused havoc at the Hotel Magique, not to mention a much older woman trying to keep her under control."

"I may have seen that on the news," Sandbar said casually, then looked ahead. "And into the river we go. HOLD ON!"


They sailed past rocks and fountains, including one formation that made the face of a tiger, and through burning trees which had been slashed and burned by an illegal logging firm. Nearby, a swamped lorry, overloaded with logs, attempted to drive out, to no avail, and kept sliding back into the water, the wood ablaze all around them.

"This is pretty hot!" Ocellus called.

Not long after, they passed under a flaming bridge... and straight down a thirty foot drop.

"Whoo!" Sandbar called. "Just what you need on a hot summer's day like today!"

Everybody was not wet. Everybody was not drenched. Everybody was SOAKED. The raft floated through a cave that shot water, and under elephants that also shot water. Then, at last, they floated into the dock and the passengers got off.


Sandbar took a seat alongside Ocellus just outside the Yak and Yeti cafe so he could dry off. Both of them were pretty drenched, but luckily neither of them had clothes that had gone see through.

"I'm going to call my friend Jimmy," Sandbar smiled, "and see how he's getting on."

"Jimmy Hook?" Ocellus suddenly asked, but then clamped her hand over her mouth. Sandbar, noticing this, said nothing, but dialled his mate's number.

"Hello?"

Suddenly, Ocellus grabbed Sandbar's phone. "Hi, are you Jimmy?"

"Ocellus!" Sandbar cried. "Give the phone back!" Taking back control of his phone, he started talking. "Who are you today?"

"The Maneiac! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

"Next she'll start monologing," Sandbar sighed. "Look, same drill as last time. See you this evening."

"Of course." The line closed off.

Sandbar got up to look at Ocellus. "How did you know I was calling Jimmy Hook?" he asked.

"Err, because he's known across the internet for transforming into fictional characters, and once his aura affected other people including two guys called Troy Creed and Tom Haddington, and that got posted on the internet too?" Ocellus replied. "It seemed like a logical conclusion to reach."

Sandbar sighed. "Fair enough." But he wasn't totally convinced Ocellus was telling him the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help her God.

Author's Note:

Congrats to Poet Knight and Snowkutsune for spotting the Queen reference last chapter.

Sandbar and Ocellus, as described here, are based on this image. First Sandbar TF ever, methinks.

The bit about Brentwood is a reference to 5 Summer Nights by Devious Dazzle.