• Published 14th Aug 2019
  • 1,487 Views, 565 Comments

8 Magic Nights - The Blue EM2



It's a World of Joy, it's a World of Fears, it's a World of Spontaneous TFs...

  • ...
14
 565
 1,487

Night 9: You'll be in my Heart

The next day dawned, and it was the 9th day. Now was the time to be sad indeed. As today was the day they needed to go to the airport and catch their flights home.

Tom slowly woke up, sitting up in bed. He glanced down, only to see that he was still Juniper. "Well, this throws a spanner in the works somewhat," she said with a groan. She would have difficulty explaining this to the car hire people, she knew it. Not to mention this would make passport control problematic, as she looked nothing like the guy on the passport that she had in her possession. And her friends, Jimmy and Katrina, who were presumably still Kerfuffle (yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me) and Pinkie Pie (who had been awake for a few hours beyond them possibly due to the permanent sugar rush she seemed to be on most days). But still, they would get to that hurdle when it came to it. First things first though, time to get in the shower, dressed, and to the airport for breakfast. But before breakfast, passport control and checking luggage in.

After having washed, which was still awkward for a guy who only spent small amounts of time as a female, Juniper quickly packed her case full of her possessions, as well as her carry on luggage, and headed out of the door to knock on the other rooms, numbers 102 and 103 to be precise. Being supersticious in many ways, they had avoided booking room 101. "Wake up, you two!" she called. "We need to go!"

"Aye, me hearties!" she heard Kerfuffle call from inside her room. "This here ship isn't going to sail itself."

"Ships cannot fly," Juniper sighed, facepalming as she did so. "We're catching a plane, remember?"

"Well," came the reply, "a plane is a ship of the sky. Besides, Peter Pan got a sailing ship flying, didn't he?"

Juniper sighed again. "Touche." She then paused once more. "Pinkie? Are you ready?"

Both sets of doors flew open at once, and both of them appeared from the doors. Pinkie's hair was flat, rather than all over the place, and her face looked tired, cold even. "Let's go then," she said quietly, her words completely devoid of any emphasis. You'd have thought she was Maud, not Pinkie Pie!

"OK," Juniper, beckoning to the corridor, said to the duo, and led the way, the silence that permeated punctuated by Kerfuffle's leg impacting with the ground with a dull thud. They loaded the car, and Juniper hopped in to drive it back. She was lucky she could pass herself off as an adult old enough to hire one. The drive back to the airport was completely silent. Nobody said a word. Nobody was in the mood to say anything.

Eventually, they found themselves in the departure lobby for Orlando airport, having cleared security. Juniper looked at the others. "Well, this is goodbye," she said sadly.

Pinkie finally said something. "I don't want it to end," she sniffed sadly.

"I know how ye feel," Kerfuffle told her, rubbing her back. "But don't be sad that it's over. Smile because it happened."

"Besides," Juniper chimed in, "it's not as if we'll never see each other again. So, in many ways this isn't goodbye. The Germans say auf wiedersiehn, which means 'until I see you again'."

"Until I see ye again," Kerfuffle smiled. "May you have good skies and clear seas."

"You two." Juniper turned to Pinkie. "Have fun in Kansas, and I hope to see you soon."

Pinkie nodded. "See ya," she said, before burying her head in some candy.

A loud beep sounded, indicating Juniper's flight being called. She headed away to catch it, but as she walked on, she never stopped looking back at her friends, and turned a corner, exchanging one last wave goodbye before they went out of sight.

This story is dedicated in memory of Walter Elias Disney, 1901 to 1966.

You reminded us that There's a Great, Big, Beautiful Tomorrow, Shining at the end of Every Day.

Author's Note:

As you've probably guessed by now, I've been a fan of Walt Disney's work since I was very young. That probably had something to do with the fact my parents are big Disney fanatics (as was my grandfather). As a result, Walt Disney World (and Disneyland) are amongst my favourite places on Earth.

This was also a tribute to my close friends, JimmyHook19 and Misty Rose. I hope you enjoyed this story, and have a Zip-a-dee-doo-da day!