• Published 14th Aug 2019
  • 1,487 Views, 565 Comments

8 Magic Nights - The Blue EM2



It's a World of Joy, it's a World of Fears, it's a World of Spontaneous TFs...

  • ...
14
 565
 1,487

Night 8: The Juniper-paved Road

It was a sad day indeed in the dining room of the Grand Floridian, and Tom, Jimmy, and Katrina (for it is they) all sat around the table at which they were sat with sunken, sad expressions. They had good reason to be sad, and indeed they were sad as there was good reason to be sad, for the day was sad, and thus they had good reason to be sad, as the day was sad, and thus they had good reason to be sad, and thus the day was sad, and thus they had good reason to be sad, and thus the day was sad-

We seem to have got stuck in a loop. Could somebody please go and remove the Time Twirler from Kiwi Lollipop's hand? This is getting very irritating. We seem to have got stuck in a loop. Could somebody please go and remove the Time Twirler from Kiwi Lollipop's hand? This is getting very irritating. We seem to have got stuck in a loop. Could somebody please go and remove the Time Twirler from Kiwi Lollipop's hand? This is getting very irritating.

Ah, there it goes at last. We can now resume the story normally. But first, let me clean this up.

EXCUSE THE MESS WHILST THE AUTHOR REPAIRS THE CHAPTER.

It was a sad day indeed in the dining room of the Grand Floridian, and Tom, Jimmy, and Katrina (for it is they) all sat around the table at which they were sat with sunken, sad expressions. They had good reason to be sad, as today was to be their final day at the Walt Disney World resort. Tomorrow, they would leave the magic behind, and return to their homes in Britain, North Carolina, and Kansas respectively, where they would have to encounter life once more.

Tom glanced up at the others. "Seeing as this is our last day," he said, the last of a bowl of cheerios being emptied before he went for a pancake, "it's a good thing we're all in the same park, isn't it?"

"Yeah," Jimmy replied, sounding somewhat unenthusiastic and avoiding Tom's gaze for some reason.

"Is something wrong?" Katrina asked, looking concerned for her eternally gender shifting friend.

"This trip has set a record for the number of characters I've changed into," Jimmy answered her, still looking at the floor. "It's put me through a heckuva lot of strain. When I get back, I suppose I'll just want things to be normal again for a bit."

"Changing into characters from fictional properties is the norm for you, mate," Tom answered. "Now, who wants a waffle in the shape of Mickey Mouse?"

"Sounds good," Jimmy replied, with a smile. "I'll be over on the Pirates of the Carribean."

"I'll be off to Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin," Tom replied. "I'll be ending where you started."

"And I'll be enjoying the delights of It's a Small World," Katrina added. "It's one of my personal favourites, and one that was there at the 1964 World's Fair, alongside Ford's Magic Skyway (which evolved into Test Track), and Presenting Great Moments with Mr Lincoln."

"It's a Small World, after all," Tom answered, with a smile. Suddenly, there came music from nowhere!

"It's a world of laughter
A world of tears
It's a world of hopes
And a world of fears
There's so much that we share
That it's time we're aware
It's a small world after all!"

Katrina laughed. "What a positive, uplifting, wonderful sentiment," she smiled. "Well, we'd better be going; this table won't fly to the Magic Kingdom!"

"If it did," Jimmy interruped, "it wouldn't be the weirdest thing that has happened on this trip!"

"... Touche!"


Tomorrowland had opened with the rest of Magic Kingdom in 1971, and unlike the Disneyland counterpart had opened with a full complement of rides (although the much loved Carousel of Progress only arrived in 1975, the same year as Space Mountain). The zany feel of a futuristic space port was there for all to see, and, rather than try to update the theme every few years, they had settled on a vision of the future that will never be; that as perceived in the 1950s. This avoided the Tomorrowland Problem quite effectively, even if the theming was somewhat messed up with the loss of Mission to Mars and ExtraTERRORESTRIAL: Alien Encounter. Tom had had a few good laughs about that ride, a sense not shared by Jimmy, who had spammed him with Jeez Louise's when he had sent him some video of the ride a few months back. Who Louise was was unclear, but anyways that had been replaced by the abominable Stitche's Great Escape, which was now gone and being gutted in favour of a newer attraction (though precisely what was currently unknown).

Tom turned to where he was meant to be going; Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin. This opened in 1998, and is based on the character of Buzz Lightyear from the Toy Story films, who received his own spin off series in 2000 (which, interestingly, featured the voice of William Shatner, best known to MLP fans as Grand Pear. Or Captain Kirk, if you're a little older). The ride combined the Omnimover system seen on the Haunted Mansion with the laser shooting system that had originally been developed for a ride called Nostromo, which had been canned due to the concept being unworkable. But here, it worked perfectly. Tom scanned his hand on the buzzer, and went into the Fastpass+ line with a grin. He had once ridden this 8 times in a row when a much younger kid, and had gotten the highest score of all the riders that day. He planned to do it again, just with only one run instead of eight. He walked through the cold caverns and brightly lit scenes that depicted the Star Command base, currently under attack from the EVIL EMPEROR ZURG! As he styled himself. They had to get to Planet Z and stop him, forever, mainly by draining his batteries.

Tom was partway through the queue when he felt his shoes were odd. They no longer bounced as they normally did, they made a pathetic squelch as they went down. He looked down at them- only to see that a pair of purple slippers were glued to his feet where his shoes should have been.

"This couldn't be happening in a worse possible place!" he said, and hid in a very dark corner of the queue, where he hoped nobody would see him at all. His socks slid up his legs and stopped around his knees, the tops gaining a turquoise trim and the remainder turning white, a pair of what looked like cherries popping off of the sides in the process. His jeans slid back up to halfway up his thighs, and the legs merged together to form a skirt. The zip and button vanished from the 'skirt', which turned black, and purple dots appeared on the front.

Tom's shirt morphed into a turquoise blouse with a white collar, and a purple jacket appeared on the top, with light pink squiggles on the base of the jacket, and an emblem of a leaf on the lapel. Then, out of nowhere, a pair of glasses fell from above and landed on his face. A pair of purple, circle rim glasses, which looked very feminine.

His skin turned yellow and his eyes blue. His hair suddenly flowed down his back like a torrent, splitting up into a pair of pigtails held in place with hairbands designed to look like film reels. He covered up as best he could as his chest suddenly began growing, a pair of breasts becoming apparent on the blouse (which stretched to accomodate). His hips popped outwards as his manhood shrank back into his body, rendering him a her. Two gold bracelets appeared on her arms, as all of her limbs slimmed down and her height melted away, dropping by about 6 inches.

Juniper Montage finished breathing heavily, and concluded that whatever was happening must be over. She headed back into the queue and hopped aboard her car, to notice the laser projector was facing towards her. She leaned in, and adjusted the circle in front of her to narrow the focus of the beam.

"That ought to make aiming easier!" she exclaimed, as the car rolled into the first shooting section.


Juniper had landed the highest score by a considerable margin, thanks to her laser guided shooting of lasers. Such was the shooting of lasers accurately that other customers had looked on in disbelief.

"Yes!" she exclaimed as she walked outside. "Best score to me." Then the heat hit her, and she removed her jacket, hanging it over her arm. "I still feel as though I should have been in this form in Hollywood Studios though. That would have been far better for me."

"Hey Juniper!" a voice called. Juniper glanced over to see a girl walking over to her. A girl who had only one leg.

Author's Note:

You're no longer the one with the monopoly on Juniper Montage TFs, Jimmy!

If you have some spare time, Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin is a great way to let off some steam.