• Published 14th Aug 2019
  • 1,487 Views, 565 Comments

8 Magic Nights - The Blue EM2



It's a World of Joy, it's a World of Fears, it's a World of Spontaneous TFs...

  • ...
14
 565
 1,487

Night 7: Who is Brad?

"Well, I must say," Tom observed, as he and Katrina walked up the path to the entrance to Rockin' Roller Coaster (starring Aerosmith), "that this section of the park- Sunset Boulevard, or Blvd as the road signs like to call it- is most nice, and very well themed. Do you agree?"

Katrina thought for a moment. "Well, yeah, it is!" she said with a smile. "But apparently the real life Sunset Boulevard is something of a dump. Most of Hollywood is, as a matter of fact." They kept walking, past the theatre with Gone with the Wind showing. "Did you know that particular film has one of the most complex and impressive special effects for its time at the end?"

"The burning of Atlanta?" Tom asked. "It must have been incredibly difficult to simulate a fire of that magnitude."

"Nope!" Katrina replied, with a smile on her face. "The director just set the entire set on fire, triggering explosives to time the fires properly. It took thousands of gallons of water to put the fire out, but the result clearly works on screen."

Tom looked to her. "I never took you for a movie buff," he said simply.

"Funny what you know when your extended family works in the film industry," came the reply.

The sounds of loud screams coming from the Hollywood Tower Hotel distracted them momentarily (or should I say, the loud screams coming from the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror distracted them momentarily), as the doors opened and people looked out upon the park. Then the elevator unceremoniously dropped them again, and they shrieked as they plummeted into the abyss of oblivion. Tom grinned. "I wonder if Rumble's vomit is still inside the tower?"

"Tom, that's disgusting," Katrina replied. "Besides, it would technically be your vomit, as you were Rumble at the time!"

"You got me there," Tom sighed, and they took a left at the embedded trolley tracks, not far from the entrance to the attractions that the two that day were interested in, and came to a stop just outside the entrance plaza for Rockin' Roller Coaster (starring Aerosmith). "Well, I suppose this is where we part. See you soon, Kat."

"Yeah, see ya," Katrina replied, and headed off for Lightning McQueen's Racing Academy.

"Enjoy your show!" Tom called after her. As she headed off, Tom went to the Fastpass line and scanned his Magic Band, which was followed by a short burst of music. But the burst of music he got was the last thing he was expecting.

"Jump up, make a sound (Hey!)
Stomp your hooves, turn around
Start now, make a change
Gonna come around"

"Wait, what?" Tom asked. "Why is it suddenly playing the Cafeteria Song from Equestria Girls? It's meant to play 'When you Wish Upon a Star'!

He was so caught up in his thoughts, the loud roar of a guitar and the start of the main riff of Fat Bottomed Girls caught him by surprise, and a small charge jumped from the terminal to him.

"Oh not again," he said quietly. "I'd better get moving." And he flew forward into the Fastpass line before anybody could really see what was going on.


Thankfully, he was into the building for G- Force Records and well out of view of anybody else before anything odd began to happen. Let through by the desk worker, he was processed into the pre- show room and, already aware of the changed beginning, went into a dark corner of the room so nobody would see what was going on. As Steven Tyler began talking on screen about the music of Aerosmith, Tom glanced down at what was going on.

His skin turned to a very mild orange in colour and shade, and this was followed by his eyes going blue for he didn't know the how manyth time that week (or two, he really had no concept of time anymore). His hair began to rise upward, and stuck up behind his head in a horrific haircut, joined by blue eyebrows (just to clarify to those unaware of such things, he did have eyebrows before the blue ones appeared. They just changed colour). Much to his surprise, however, his height didn't change an inch, which was a bit surreal as normally he lost or gained height at this point.

"Maybe the rock theme has something to do with it," he said, before recognising the tone that was coming out of his mouth.

It was the voice of Canterlot High's resident rocker and guitarist.

A character some Bronies hated with a passion.

Flash Sentry. Or Brad, as some people called him for some bizarre reason.

"Well, I hope nobody learns of this," he sighed. "I'd never hear the end of it on Brony forums."

His pants changed into blue slacks, and his shoes into white and black loafers with a white stripe running down the middle, and apparent lack of anything to hold them onto his feet (so why they were attached to his feet is unclear, as they should have fallen off). His shirt turned white, and gained an emblem of a blue shield with a yellow thunderbolt on the front, followed by a black jacket with red and white stripes.

The pre- show ended, not that most people noticed, and the doors to access the ride opened. "Have fun!" the cast member called. "And remember, the faster, the better!"

"In terms of music, not in terms of driving," Tom sighed. "That would be messy if driven badly."

A guy noticed him as they walked into the loading dock. "Hey, I know you from somewhere!" he said, as he looked at Tom.

"I'm Flash," Flash replied. "Not Flash Gordon though."

"FLASH! AHHHHHH! SAVIOUR OF THE UNIVERSE!"

"I wouldn't quite go that far-"

"He's for every one of us
Stand for every one of us
He saves with a mighty hand
Every man, every woman
Every child, it's the mighty Flash!"

"Where is that coming from?" the man asked. "Hey, any tips for getting close to Twilight Sparkle?"

Flash sighed. "Sorry, but I haven't seen her for a long time. I'm kinda with nobody at the moment, though I have rekindled my friendship with Sunset Shimmer." The fact he suddenly knew these things was a consideration that didn't even cross Flash's mind, as he hadn't known any of these things previously. The limo came to a stop and they boarded, as the vehicle rumbled forward and stopped in front of a traffic dispatch board with a traffic light set to red. This board displayed humourous messages periodically, instructing the riders to travel fast. Then suddenly, Steven Tyler could be heard over the speakers.

"5, 4, 3, 2, 1, GO GO GOOOOO!"

The car suddenly thundered forward as the magnets kicked in, and the vehicle accelerated to 57 miles an hour to hit the first corkscrew. The train raced through inversions, through tight curves, down drops (sharp and shallow) and even through more corkscrews to reach the end of the track. All the while, loud rock music was blaring through the speakers as they flew along.

"That chord's slightly off!" Flash commented.

"They did re- write a few of the songs mate," the guy said.

"OK then." Flash sighed as he crossed his arms as best he could, as the over the shoulder restraint was digging into his shoulder. "Maybe they just like distortion guitar here."


They reached the other end, and Flash walked straight through the shop and photo collection point to head outside. As he walked through the exit doors, he saw Sunset Shimmer sitting outside, presumably having finished at Lightning McQueen's Racing Academy. "Hey Sunset!" he called.

"Hey Flash!" she said, hopping up from the wall, her cheeks red. "Enjoy the ride?"

Flash shrugged. "The ride itself was great, but the music needed some work. Fancy an ice cream?"

"Sure!" Sunset exclaimed, and the pair headed off to the nearby concession stand to get one.


The two friends sat on the sidewalk, or next to it at least, eating ice cream that was rapidly melting and was dripping all over the place. Sunset cringed as a huge lump fell off the top and went SPLAT on the floor. "Well, that's annoying."

"Tell me about it," Flash sighed. "Like the endless Queen joke."

"FLASH! AAAAHHH!"

"This is getting silly, as I had that as Rainbow Dash," Sunset sighed, when suddenly her phone went. She went to answer it, and clicked the button. "Hello?"

"Hey Sunny! Nice to see you!"

Sunset was confused. "Sorry, who am I talking to?"

Author's Note:

Flash Sentry was not a popular character in the early years of EqG, to say the least, although that seems to have improved in recent times.

I seriously recommend riding Rockin Roller Coaster. It is great.