• Published 14th Aug 2019
  • 1,485 Views, 565 Comments

8 Magic Nights - The Blue EM2



It's a World of Joy, it's a World of Fears, it's a World of Spontaneous TFs...

  • ...
14
 565
 1,485

Night 2: Queue jumping? Suri-ously?

"Right," Katrina sighed. "I need to be off for my ride. And to get some coffee. It's freezing here, and some caffeine would get my creative juices flowing. See ya, OK?" And she headed off before anybody else could say anything. She was grumpy. Jimmy had undoubtedly set bizarre forces into motion, and considering what Tom had told her this wasn't the first time that had happened. Far from it, as Jimmy's incredibly long list of people he had transformed into had confirmed. She had no idea who three of them were, as a matter of fact. Clawdeen Wolf? Who the heck was she, anyways?

Katrina continued to puzzle over it as she continued on her way through the park, and passed by the Hyperion Theatre, currently showing For the First Time in Forever: a Frozen Sing- Along Celebration. Katrina shuddered at the memory of it. When Frozen had first been a thing, back in 2013, she had been one of many to suffer from younger siblings playing (or singing) 'Let it Go' endlessly. And it got worse beyond then, as no sooner had 'Let it Go' ceased to be an ear worm, than 'Everything is Awesome' took its place!

And don't even get started on 'Catchy Song', the one 'that's gonna get stuck inside your he- e- e- ead'.

The attraction had one sole benefit, however. It took people, mostly families and small children, out of the park and therefore out of the queuelines. This was of incredible benefit to Katrina, as the next ride she was going on was popular with families and small children, and by logical extension the queuelines would be much shorter than usual (the ride usually commanded wait times in excess of ninety minutes. NINETY. MINUTES).

Katrina passed round the Hyperion, and was directed toward Pixar Place, which was where the Incredibles were currently hanging out after the success of Incredibles 2 (so incredible they forgot the definite article). That part of the park was currently dressed up as Municiberg, the city from the films, and as Katrina walked onwards she passed the building that housed Walt Disney Presents, with a crowd running out of the door to meet Mike and Sulley from Monster's Inc.

Katrina didn't see it, but a small particle of what looked like dust suddenly flew out of the door and hit her clothes, although she felt nothing and just continued walking. She had a ride to get to, after all. A few minutes later, however, she noticed some people giving her odd looks, though she had no idea what was causing them. Casually, she glanced down, and her jaw fell open in shock.

Her trainers had changed into loafers with a pronounced heel, and the laces had vanished. As she looked down in surprise, a pair of bows appeared on the shoes, presumably there to hold them on her feet. Her mind was on the verge of shutting down. "Oh not again!" she exclaimed, running as quickly as she could for the nearest restrooms, to ensure nobody could see this madness occuring in front of them.

Barging through the door and sending a customer flying, Katrina flew through the room and slammed a cubicle door behind her, turning to look in the mirror at what was going on. She had no power or control over what was going on, meaning she just had to ride it out, much like a storm, but that didn't make it any less frightening, and as such she watched with a mixture of horror and fascination as her clothes continued to change into the outfit of a fictional character.

She couldn't see the next bit, but she could certainly feel it as she felt her socks begin to slither up her legs, like a pair of snakes, stopping just above her calves. A few moments later, her pants began to slide up her legs, stopping at her knees and now resembling a pair of shorts. The zip and button holding them on vanished, being replaced by a layer of elastic, and followed quickly by the legs merging together and the former division between them vanishing, meaning she now had a grey skirt on. This skirt then turned purple, and was crisscrossed with purple, blue, yellow, and white lines in a tartan pattern. A quick glance confirmed her socks had turned purple, and had gained extra fabric hanging off the top of them. Her eyes were brought back to the skirt, which shrank back slightly further, now falling to just above her knees.

"I recognise this," she said to herself. "It's Crystal Prep's uniform! But which Shadowbolt?"

Her shirt turned turquoise, and began to grow longer, the sleeves sliding down her arms until they reached her wrists. A button formed on each cuff, as it now was, which was really tight, and buttons spread down the shirt, turning it into something more akin to something worn as part of a business suit than casual wear. A collar appeared around her neck, and the top button suddenly closed shut, reducing her air supply somewhat. The shirt was soon joined by a purple jacket appearing on top of it, with the lapels folded back and a pocket on each side. Then she got the first clue as to who she was becoming. Light blue fabric abruptly appeared out of nowhere, wrapping around her neck, and tying itself in front of her. It then grew forward, eventually hanging down her front and stopping partway down her chest.

"Wait a moment," Katrina noted. "I know that scarf. Now who does it belong to? Somebody beginning with S..."

The mirror suddenly seemed to be getting bigger, as her height dropped by a few inches. Her skin turned a very bright pink, as her eyes turned a light brown from their usual hazel, followed by her glasses vanishing into thin air. She innefectually reached for them, only to realise they were no more of this Earth, and had gone to the great scrapyard in the sky. Not long after, her body proportions shifted around a bit, to those of a slightly younger teenage girl, and her hair suddenly flopped into her face, now a deep shade of purple. Her hair pulled itself up at the back of her head, and suddenly formed into a severe bun, with a small amount hanging back off her head. Finally, a cream hairband appeared in her hair, and it finally, at long last, after all things, seemed to be over.

And with it being over, Katrina suddenly clicked who she now was. "Polomare?" she asked. "SURI-OUSLY?"


After having left the stall and headed on her way, Suri arrived in Toy Story Land. She was greeted by a massive statue of Woody the Cowboy talking to her. "Welcome to Andy's backyard!" he called. "We've got plenty of room for you new toys, so head on in and have fun!"

Suri grinned, and walked further into the crowd. On the right, Slinky Dog was racing round his track, the trains still pretty full despite the lack of children around. Suri went over to scan her Magic Band, and was let into the queue to go and board. Whilst there, she decided to text her friends to tell them what was going on, adding Tom and Jimmy (who no doubt were no longer Tom and Jimmy) to the chat and putting the following message out.

come to Toy Story Land, STAT! I've TF'ed again!

Seconds later, she got a reply from Rumble.

On my way!

Suri smiled. She knew she could count on those two. As she walked along, and was admitted into the main line, she suddenly spotted a mother and two children jumping over the barriers and landing in front of her and another girl, who was dressed similarly to her, but lacked the jacket, instead wearing a purple waistcoat. She had yellow skin and two tone blue hair, and looked rather annoyed at the fact these people had jumped the queue.

"Excuse me?" she said quietly. "Y- you can't just jump the queue. It's not fair."

"NOT FAIR?" the woman shrieked. "MY CHILDREN ARE VERY TIRED, YOU KNOW, AND DESERVE TO GET ON THIS RIDE! WE HAVE BEEN QUEUEING FOR TWO HOURS!"

The girl shook slightly. "The wait time is only fourty five minutes," she said, again very quietly.

The two kids had said nothing, but suddenly spoke up. "We deserve to go on first! We deserve to go on first!"

"Indeed!" added the mother. "I and my husband have saved all this money to come here, and we don't want random people ruining the magic for us!"

"By ruining the magic for other people?" the girl asked back. "T- that isn't very nice."

The mother snorted. "Oh, you're too old for Disney," she said, in a mocking tone. "Did you suffer brain damage or something? Get out of our way, you idiot, and let us have our fun."

The girl began to sob, clearly quite upset at what had just been said to her. Suri, however, had had enough. With rage boiling over in her heart, she stomped forward, walked past the girl, and looked straight at the mother. "HEY!" she bellowed. "What makes you think you can speak to her in that way?"

"EXCUSE ME?" the mother shrieked.

"She has just as much right to be here as you," Suri continued, giving this woman a very stern telling off. "And you and your children just queue jumped, which is unfair on all of us who have been waiting in line."

"You are setting a bad example to my children, backtalking to me and disrespecting your elders," the mother snapped. "Where are your parents? I demand to speak to them."

"You're setting a worse example for your kids," Suri countered. "Based on you, it is alright to simply ignore rules whn you don't like them, or call people stupid, or say they have brain damage."

The mother looked stunned, but resorted to her last weapon. "Well," she said, "I know the head of the entire corporation! When I tell Mr Eisner about this, you'll be thrown out of the park and banned for life."

Suri began to snort. Then she chuckled. And then she simply burst out laughing. "Seriously?" she laughed. "That is the biggest pile of horse manure I have ever heard!"

"ARE YOU CALLING ME A LIAR?!" the mother screamed at her. By now, heads were starting to turn.

"Michael Eisner isn't even head of the Walt Disney Corporation any more! He left in 2005! It's Bob Iger these days." Suri paused. "You can't prove that I did anything, but if you call security they can review CCTV footage and see that you jumped the queue. You can be expelled from the park for that." There was another silence. "So... what's it gonna be, eh?"

The mother huffed, and grabbed her kids. "You win," she said, "but remember you have ruined my children's holiday!"

Suri rolled her eyes. "The one thing I hate more than entitled parents is their kids," she muttered. She walked over to the girl. "What's your name?"

"I'm Coco Pommel," she said. "As in Coco Channel. And thanks for sticking up for me. What's your name?"

"Suri Polomare," Suri replied. "Shall we ride together?"

Coco looked astonished. "You'd do that for me?"

"Sure thing, m'kay?"


The ride was every bit as good as Suri had hoped. It packed motor launches, tight curves, sharp drops, and many other track pieces into the tight circuit. With Coco whooping alongside her, it helped to make for a great day. When they got off, Rumble, Scootaloo and Supernova were waiting for them.

"You rock!" Rumble said.

"We saw you give that queue jumper the what for!" Scootaloo added. "Way to go, miss...?"

"Suri Polomare," Suri replied. "And this is Coco Pommel."

"For now," Coco replied. "Assuming there's no legal dispute over my name."

"What?" Supernova asked, looking creepy.

"Oh, never mind," Suri smiled. "Who's up for some ice cream?"

Author's Note:


Remember her? She appears in Friendship Games, and in flashback scenes in Forgotten Friendship.

The scene with the queue jumper is based on something that happened when I visited Disneyland in Anaheim, though I thankfully was not involved in the incident. Queue jumpers remain an eternal problem, however, as we shall see later.