• Published 14th Aug 2019
  • 1,487 Views, 565 Comments

8 Magic Nights - The Blue EM2



It's a World of Joy, it's a World of Fears, it's a World of Spontaneous TFs...

  • ...
14
 565
 1,487

Night 5: Bloomin' Ridiculous!

Tom awoke the next morning, as he did every morning up to that point without fail, and glanced about his room to see that all was normal once more. At least, everything was as normal as it feasibly could be, given the most certainly not normal events that had occured to him and Jimmy, not to mention Troy, back in Brentwood, and indeed seemed to be repeating themselves here, just of course here Troy was not around, and Katrina filled those shoes. Speaking of shoes, Tom fumbled forward and checked the floor for any signs of yesterday's clothes. He was in luck, as the flight suit had reverted to his shirt and pants, and his boots were once again his shoes. To avoid awkwardness, he had got changed into casual clothes pretty promptly, and this was how he found those very articles of clothing lying on the ground before him.

His attention was suddenly drawn to a sound he could hear coming through the wall, and he instantly knew what it was. His room backed onto Katrina's, and the walls, as was commom on American hotels, were very thin. This meantt that he could sometimes here her speaking, and tonight (or was it Today? He wasn't really sure) he could hear what sounded like reflection or even prayer.

Tom sighed internally and turned to face the wall. Faith had got him out of some tight spots in his life, and although he had alway's been aware of religion, he had often doubted and been unsure of the correct path. He often wondered Katrina relied on the Man Upstairs for guidance more than he did, which was entirely possible, if not certainly the case. "Well," he said quietly to himself, "I suppose that a few moments of silent reflection here and there wouldn't hurt that much." He rolled onto his back, shut his eyes, and took a few minutes to reflect on all that had happened the last few months, his friends, and his life. When he re- awoke a few minutes later, he certainly felt a lot more certain about things, but some answers still evaded him. Nevertheless, he drifted off to sleep, aided by the dark room and the lack of the sun through the curtains, and was soon happily back in the land of slumber.


Breakfast was same old, same old. Jimmy looked across from Tom, letting out a great big yawn that most people noticed from across the room. Tom sighed. "Please do cover your mouth in future, Jimmy, when you yawn. It's considered polite."

"So I've heard," Jimmy replied, completely missing the point about what Tom was trying to tell him.

Katrina decided to try and liven up the situation a bit in order to avoid an argument. "You sleepy, Jimmy?" she asked. "I found it a little hard to get going in the morning, too. Holidays, especially this intense, do tend to wear you down a little with the sheer intensity of them and the amount you cram into them."

"We're putting as much into eight days as most families would put into two weeks," Jimmu noted, as he looked at his plate, featuring an ever diminishng pancake that even Pluto would have struggled to eat on a good say. "Tom likes to stay busy, you know?"

"It's how my parents do their holidays," Tom replied, taking some more sausage on his fork and putting it in his mouth. "It's how you get a lot done, and as the saying goes, 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'."

There was a murmer of agreement around the table, and eventually Katrina spoke up again. "So, where are we all off to today?"

"Magic Kingdom," Tom replied. "I'm going to Frontierland for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, which is one of my favourite thrill rides in the park, not to mention there are pigs on it according to my dad."

"I'm off to the same section of the park too," Katrina added. "Just I'll be on Splash Mountain instead."

"Have a zip- a- dee- do- da- day then!" Tom smiled, as he took another bite of his food. "Seriously, how do they make it taste so good?"

Jimmy was the last to speak. "Epcot, for The Sea with Nemo and Friends."

"Mine!"

"Mine!"

And lo, a great chorus of 'mine's' kicked off around the dining room, a prelude of weirdness to what would, in all likelihood, were the previous days in the great program of provenance any indication of the future, make for a very bizarre day indeed, just as weird as the fact that the narrator has just started referencing Herman Melville.


The journey to the Magic Kingdom was a fairly easy one, being a short hop on the monorail. Tom and Katrina parted just outside Splash Mountain whilst the former went to the bathroom, but as he walked along, he couldn't help but feel odd. Raising his arm to try and make sense of the issue, he noticed it had turned yellow, and the colour was spreading across his skin!

"Oh not again!" he exclaimed, and dived behind a bush next to a puddle from yesterday's rain. As he looked on, the yellow colour had spread fully, and his eyes turned an orangey red from their usual brown. His eyebrows turned red, as did his hair, but this was not orange. Literal red, it was. The hair suddenly went into a growing frenzy, pouring down his back and shoulders in a torrent. Not long after, his body began to shrink, and to Tom it felt as though he had been put through a vice. Every limb and muscle was contracting, his shoulders popping inwards and his hips staying as they were. And his manhood soon pulled itself into his body, leaving a preteen girl behind in some very baggy clothes, having lost about a foot of height.

His clothes joined in on the fun, his shirt turning green and shrinking. His pants morphed into jeans, held in place by a belt that appeared from nowhere. A pink bow threaded itself through her hair and her shoes morphed into a pair of yellow boots that sat underneath her jeans, and ran up to her knees or so.

Apple Bloom got up, and walked over to the entrance for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. "Welk, at least Ah know this body fairly well," she said. "Now let's get to it!"


The queue for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad closely resembled an old mining operation that had fallen on hard times. The story was that the mine had indeed fallen on hard times, and had closed due to an accident (not to be confused with Anne Accident or Fay Tality over at the Haunted Mansion). However, thrill seekers had come from all across America to see and ride the legendary mine railway here, and as such a private company had reopened the line and refurbished the engines and rolling stock. The humidity and sticky heat added to the feeling of an industrial environment, and Apple Bloom wiped her forehead of what must have been at least a gallon of sweat, before grabbing a water bottle from her belt and having a drink. She had got so used to strange things happening to her that she had ceased to question little oddities such as water bottles appearing from nowhere.

"It's a hot day, isn't it?" asked a distinct British Midlands voice, one not too disimilar to the one that Apple Bloom had had when Tom. Apple Bloom looked over into the face of a boy with white skin, but a brown mark under his left eye. He had brown hair and eyes, and wore a green T shirt with blue shorts and green trainers. "It's boiling for us Brits!"

"It ain't so bad, but Ah've sweated enough ta fill Lake Taho!" Apple Bloom joked. "What's yer name? Ah'm Apple Bloom."

"Pipsqueak, or Pip for short, at your service," the boy replied.

"This encounter feels oddly familiar," Apple Bloom thought. "Well, ready fer this ride?"

"Born ready!" Pip replied, putting on his best game face. "No pirate is a chicken!"

At last, they boarded the train. "Please pull down on the lap bar restraints as far as they will go," the safety briefing said. "Keep your hands, arms, feet and legs inside the car at all times. Now hold on tight, as this is the wildest ride in the wilderness!"

The train suddenly lurched forward, and into a tight curve. The track tilted, and then suddenly the train was climbing through a mountain of caves and stalactites. At the top, the train suddenly lurched into another curve, and down and down it ran at speed, Apple Bloom whooping all the way down the slope till the train flew alongside a town and stopped abruptly. Then, the train let off its brakes. It rolled around another bend, and up a slope with a loud, clanking lift hill. Then, it dropped down with a bang, running through fast curves, over humps, and into some truly spectacular air time. After a run along the waterfront, the train swung around a bend and up a third lift hill, with bats. Up, up, and up it climbed, until the detonation of a loose stick of dynamite caused the train to fall downwards. It roared through more curves, into the final brake run, and stopped at last in the station.


Apple Bloom grinned from ear to ear as she walked to the bridge overlooking the Briar Patch. Logs were still flying down the slope and crashing into the water.

"That was fun," Pip smiled. "I hope to do this one next. Splash Mountain is a classic, after all."

"Howdy, sugarcube!" called a voice. Apple Bloom glanced over to see a blonde haired woman in a stetson walking over to her. She was soaking wet, but smiling happily.

Author's Note:

This is one TF Tom has actually been through before. Possibly the most adorable Crusader too (don't tell Scootaloo I said that!).

My advice for Big Thunder? Do not ride on a full stomach. You will regret it.