• Published 11th Jan 2019
  • 1,551 Views, 238 Comments

My Little Punnies - AstralMouse



A collection of very short stories that set up bad puns or word avalanches.

  • ...
1
 238
 1,551

3. Spaghetti and memories

"Alright, everypony," Applejack says, "get ready for a trip down memory lane."

She presses a button to start a loud, whirring projector, pointed at a large screen. The Apple family sit together, eating Granny Smith's famous spaghetti.

"Aww, lookit Apple Bloom, ain't she a cutie?" Granny Smith says with a smile as the jumpy, colorless video shows a month-old foal struggling to walk and repeatedly falling over. Apple Bloom blushes and looks away, focusing on her food.

The delicious noodles are soon gone, and she frowns. She's still hungry and no longer has food to keep her distracted from the humiliating show.

"Applejack," the filly says, "can I have more spaghetti?"

"In a minute, Apple Bloom. Pa's about to play with ya," Applejack replies, not taking her eyes off the screen.

"But I'm still hungry," Apple Bloom says with a whine.

"Ah said no. Now, be patient, you can have more after this is over. Yer stomach ain't more important than family," Applejack says.

"Applejack," Apple Bloom says, annoyed. "Pa's passed. Pause the past to pass the pasta."