• Published 11th Jan 2019
  • 1,549 Views, 238 Comments

My Little Punnies - AstralMouse



A collection of very short stories that set up bad puns or word avalanches.

  • ...
1
 238
 1,549

10. The Great and Powerful Trixie!

"Hey, Starlight," Twilight says, trotting into the castle library.

"Hi, Twilight," the unicorn replies, looking up from her book.

"Reading, huh? What kind of book is it?" Twilight asks curiously.

"Oh, it's great. It's about this tannish grayish foal who uses her superpowers to defeat Ponseidon, the mythical alicorn of the ocean. But because he's stronger than her, she has to outsmart him! She's really devious. Reminds me of a young me, really," Starlight says.

"Huh, I don't think I've read that one. What's it called?" Twilight asks.

Starlight's answer confuses Twilight.

"But Trixie is blue, not tan or gray," Twilight says. "That doesn't make any sense."

"Who said anything about Trixie?" Starlight asks, confused.

Twilight's expression becomes extremely suspicious. "Can you show me the title?"

"Sure," Starlight says, flipping the book over.

"Seriously? Where am I even getting these books from?!" Twilight nearly shouts. "The Gray Tan Power Foal Tricks Sea?"

Author's Note:

Woo, up to 10 now. I wanna make this Twilight misunderstanding a book title thing a running gag. Maybe every 5th entry. Also, I want to try to update with several at a time, since they're so short. Maybe 2 or 3 at a time. Might depend on how often I come back to do more. I'm super glad you all like them so far. You masochists, you.