• Published 11th Jan 2019
  • 1,551 Views, 238 Comments

My Little Punnies - AstralMouse



A collection of very short stories that set up bad puns or word avalanches.

  • ...
1
 238
 1,551

7. Confirmed canon

"Applejack!" Pinkie shouts excitedly. "You gotta see this!"

Applejack stops mid-buck, leaning forward on her forehooves next to an apple tree. "Huh?" she wonders.

Pinkie Pie is rolling a strange cannon up the hill. When she reaches Applejack, she stops, panting.

"Beggin' yer pardon, Pinkie, but just what in the hay is that thing?" Applejack asks.

Pinkie finishes catching her breath and answers. "This, my dear Applejack, is my newest invention! It's based on my party cannon design! I'll show you what it can do."

The pink mare makes a show of picking up a can of beans and placing it in the barrel. She swivels it to point it at the apple tree and pulls a cord hanging from the back. Boom! It fires the tin can at the tree, causing it to explode, spraying an annoyed Applejack with beans.

"Now, just what in tarnation-" she begins, but is cut off.

"That's not all it can do! Watch!" Pinkie says.

With impressive speed, she scoops up a few hooffuls of beans from the tree, the ground, and Applejack's face, and loads them directly into the barrel. She produces an empty tin can, its lid open. She pulls out a stick of gum and chews it for all of two seconds before sticking it to the tree, then sticks the bottom of the empty can to it. Aiming the cannon again, she pulls the cord a second time. Boom! It fires the lump of beans at the can. They somehow all hurtle directly inside, closing and sealing the lid behind them.

"How did..." Applejack starts, but trails off.

"Isn't it great? And best of all, it's gonna be official lore!" Pinkie says. Applejack has no idea what she is talking about.

A week later, as she is perusing a catalog, Applejack sees a very familiar item listed. She reads the description out loud to herself.

"Uncanny canon cannin' cannon can can 'n' uncan."