• Published 4th Jan 2019
  • 579 Views, 0 Comments

Thread of Destiny - Shenzy



This story is about Discord and his impact on everypony... until one day chaos strikes upon himself and he is left behind on his own

  • ...
1
 0
 579

Halo

Halo

A bright flash of light appeared in the lake house and Discord appeared in front of Fluttershy alongside with thousands of flowers, covering each square centimeter of the room.

Not one was alike the other: simple tulip, roses, to daisies, over lotus and probably a bunch of his own creations. Absolute stunning... an ocean of color's and soft smells floating the room, like she would sit in the heart of mother nature.

"Oh my... Oh my...!" was all Fluttershy could bring out at first.

"I´m back" he said, pointing out the obvious, but unlike when he was gone, he now wore a smocking, similar to the one he had on their wedding.

"Discord, what is this all about?" she tried to process, as her big eyes still wandered around to see as much as possible from this miracle.

"I ... got a question for you..."

"Is it about the town?" she asked a little concerned.

"Town? OH nonono! Forget about that! Its fixed and technical never happened!" he assured serious.

"You ain't sick, right?" as she touched his front head with her hoof.

"No... i'm fine. Just... let me finish." putting down her other hoof onto her lap.

"Uhm okay....... what... is it then?" she asked, but her head still moved occasionally across the room.

"Its kinda a ... " he stopped to look at her for a moment... as she got more and more lost into his little gift, it was so heartwarming to watch.

He got close to her and kneed down, like he had on his proposal, taking carefully one of her hooves, which brought back her attention to him, making her blush.

"Its not quite a request... and of course not a demand... but..."

"W-what is it then?" she asked worried.

"I... cant life without you" he admitted.

"I´m sorry, i-i don't understand..." she said shyly "we are already m-married..." she stuttered.

He nodded at this with a smile, but somehow it was a sad one.

Fluttershy leaned forward to get a closer look at him "Whats wrong Discord?"

He gave her puppy eyes "I just wanted to make this last forever" as she gasped for air "D-d.. did T-twilight..."

Discord nodded short "We talked."

"She t-told you, how... how could she?"

He stroke over her hoof and grabbed it again softly "I was the one, who asked her for advice about this..." he admitted.

This was something she hadn't expected. Fluttershy sure knew how much Discord loved her, let alone what he had done with the room right now and all the days before that... it was a clear sign, but he... had talked about hisfeelings... with Twilight!?

Not even she had expected this one to happen.

"Oh... i ...." she was speechless.

"My beloved Fluttershy... you know i'm ... a tincy bit older than you are..." he started in his usual humor "... and i probably get a tincy bit older one day... but ... without you, i..." he had to bite his lip for a moment - while Fluttershy now really would like to run away... but her heart was out of rhythm and even if... she could not leave him behind for what ever reason.

"...you are the one pony, which makes my life worth while" he smiled warm as tears run down his face "i could not go on without you".

Fluttershy could not else to cry her self on this. This was the most romantic thing he ever had said and he sure meant it. She also never had seen him cry before, except when he played dramatic, but this time he meant it, as she felt it deep inside.

Her hooves reached around his neck and pushed it against her chest to hold him thigh, as he grabbed her tiny pegasus body to cuddle against.

"I know, someday, you will miss your friends and... so will i..." he admitted "but i will be always there for you... and even a tincy tiny bit longer than that" saying it clear as he could "... i even would do windows" to add this line mumbling into his goat beard.

It was the biggest decision any living being could have.

Becoming immortal was usual a one way ticket.

For him, as born immortal, there was no way out, he was stuck like the alicorn's.

He could transfer his powers and alongside his immortality...

but as he said before, who else could handle it?

There was nopony else like Fluttershy on the howl wide world...

so he had to carried this burden on his own.

If he had been an alicorn or just something else- anything else... it might had worked in a different way, but in his case, this magic was not just a gift and curse, it was also part of his personality and the little bond he had to his lost family.

Letting go for even a moment was like getting stabbed in the chest, even when she was the one to carry it.

He was right. She would miss her friends if they would go one day.

Only Twilight would last forever and Spike probably would also become several hundred years old. One day she had to let them go... the one way or other... and she really loved every single one of them as much, as they did love her in return... or she loved him for that matter.

Still there was one thing she could not bring over her big heart and this was, knowing he would suffer for all eternity when she was gone.

It broke her heart in the very same way, like it would break his, so... she said - yes.

Discord blew the house up in joy, but not into pieces - far from it!

The howl house and everything inside crumbled down in even more flowers – not a single one looking alike, as the set free energy spread out like one of Rainbow Dash´s Sonic Rainbooms, just on an Equestria wide scale, for everypony to see - this one in a millennium miracle.

The shock wave was colorful and rushed above everypony's head with an incredible speed and as it touched nearby clouds they grew in size, became a soft pink and started to rain.

Unlike the usual pink clouds Discord had summoned over the years, this one didn't spit chocolate milk or water... - those made it rain flowers as well, in order to celebrate this unspeakable great news, every single one of them unique like a snowflake, one more beautiful than the other at that, while the wind carried their lovely smell in the furthermost corners.

Only one other pony in Equestria knew what this meant and could not else to cry a little her self with a heart full of joy, as she stood on the balcony and watched the pony's below her, walking onto the streets.

Still, the rest of Equestria paused in what ever they being doing to witness this wonder, going outside to enjoy this amazing sight, catching some of the flowers or just letting them rain upon them. Some filly and colts even made something like snow angles in them, which of course been then flower-angles, while photographs and artists alike rushed into their ateliers to capture this moment and writers got their presses ready to be the first to print news and new books about this.

It was surely a remember worthy day for everypony.

A sign of true love. Who had thought the Spirit of Chaos ever would do such a thing? He sure didn't.

Discord and Fluttershy laid on top of a big soft stack of flowers, more comfortable than their former cloud bed and enjoyed the company from each other. He laid there and starred into the blue sky as she was laying with her front hooves upon his chest, having his lion paw around her hip.

To be precise Discord didn't stare directly into the sky... he looked her into the blue eyes, which was for him the very same thing, watching her while she enjoyed the flower rain, who slowly came down onto the lake and trees around them.

The only one to be still nagging was Angel Bunny. His magic carrot also had dissolved into flowers.

It was about a week later as Discord had announced when it would happen, since Fluttershy asked him to have her friends along with them. At first he told her, it would not be to much of an show act... and to be fair, he really had no idea how it would work out, since this was the first and last time he would perform this kinda magic.

Tempering a little with age was nothing. It was all within their expected lifetime... but this was far from ordinary. This was biggest magic his powers could afford and given what he was capable of, it quite said a lot.

Much as he knew... there was even a chance it would take away a part from his own immortality... he might would not age regularly and after a few millennium, both of them could get old together... but right now, there was no way to know for sure, only time would tell.

Discord of course agreed to anything she asked for without hesitation and the howl week he spread nothing than joy everywhere, being the luckiest being alive. Not a single prank. Not even a tiny one... which might was even more impressive than the flower rain ... even a certain white unicorn admitted.

The celebration was meant to be private with only her and her friends along, but then the family's and friends of family's asked and Fluttershy could not deny a single request, until it was just "open for everypony- just don't you dare to make a ruckus!" as the poster promised, with some fine print below that, which would take a magnifying glass to read.

The location was quite simple, it was once again right at the Neighagra Falls, being the best location he could think of. He was even kind enough to give most of the pony's a lift, as she just took minutes to swap from town to town to get to prefixed locations and take anypony along with him which was there... if somepony was accidentally still there, he didn't bother. He just grabbed onto them with his magic and hurried to get back to drop them off.

The first calculation of Twilight was about one thousand-three-hundred guests, but after Discord had just visited a fourth of the locations, the alicorn threw away her calculator.

How many pony's really been there, nopony did know.

Discord could not help to feel somehow charmed by this.
Pony's coming willingly to something he does?

He sure had a long strange life in front of him and it just started...

The crowd was collected – the close guests in the front lines of course and even all of the four alicorn's gave him the honor... the press on the sides and other guests scattered around. The few ones that could not behave, well... those had to wait on top of the Canterlot Mountain for him to catch his temper again.

Fluttershy was in protest at first, but he had hold up one of the poster, pointing on the warning beneath. In the fine print, it strictly said: top of Canterlot Mountain for two days.

You could not argue with that.

For this event, Fluttershy was wearing a white summer gown which sparkled in the sunlight like a diamond, which Rarity had made under Discord's instructions.

"This idea is marvelous! How did you come up with this!?" she asked, while stitching excited the last details on it.

"Well... i once seen a angel wearing it" he grinned, receiving a more than dazed glance from the fashionista.

Everything was set and it was quite an event for some reason.

Maybe it was the flower rain... maybe it was the romantic aspect... maybe some just wanted to see the magic act ...or the alicorn's... maybe it was a little bit of everything?

After all it was the first time anypony besides the Princess was eye witness of a mortal redeeming immortality.

Fluttershy walked up a long red carpet between the lines, like a bride to her spot on the front on a small spot of grass, which was a few meters higher than the rest of the platoue, as Discord just already waited there for her, dressed in an outstanding smocking.

The pegasus sat down in front of him, the crowd in her back, while he stood to meters in high in front of her. It never would be not odd to look at those non alike lovebirds.

She waited patiently, as soft piano and violin music started to play in the background, led by a mare with a melody note on her flank and a pink bow-tie on a white collar, playing a big crystal Cello, using the song "Paradise", but without any of the lyrics and more soothing at that.

Discord did lose up his fingers and neck a little and gave it a try.

He had tried to practice the right channeling of the magic a few times and had a vague idea how to do it, but he didn't bother to study it ... he was a natural talent he told him self... alongside with some other praise.

The draconequus stretched out his chest a little as the crowd got silent and his paws began to glow. At first it was more a flickering until the flashing became faster and steady in the process...

the glow was white and had sparks of chaotic color's in between, but despite shining bright it didn't hurt watching it - like it would when you look into the sun or anything similar...

watching it caused more something like a soothing warm feeling inside everypony's chest, which made it almost impossible to look away.

Now came the hard part Discord knew... as he tried to lead his paw and claw to one another, but they pushed one another away like polar magnets.

The energy in his griffon claw was sparkling mostly white with sparks of pink, while the energy in his lion paw was somehow black, with six other color's dancing around it.

Celestia later should mention this wasn't pure chaos... it was also harmony coming together.

Of course only one of those magic powers was his specialty, so he tried to push harder, breaking partial out in sweat doing so, as his hands started to spark up more and more, like to shorten energy cables, throwing sparks all around them and when ever one spark hit the ground, depending on color... a flower grew instantly in his place or the grass beneath became a piece of candy right away.

Pinkie Pie tried to run for some of that once, but got pulled by Applejack. "Hold ja hooves still!" she sharply whispered... "later there will be cider..." she added to cool her down.

"Cider!?" Rainbow now started.

"Shhh!" Rarity made clear.

But despite his best efforts, it looked like Discord could not quite pull the magic like he wanted to. When his paw and claw almost had met, the forces struck one huge spark, hitting a fir tree behind them, which turned into something half candy cane, half cherry tree, so he was forced to let go and his hands stopped glowing, as he leaned forward to fatch his breath, putting his had onto his knees.

Most of his magic would just use a snap of his fingers and in fact not even this,

making the crowd mumble and he felt a little embarrassed, but he got a small nudge from right in front of him, as his attention shifted back to what was really important right now.

Oh this beauty.... how could he struggle right now, if she was his motivation?

He must been distracted by the others. Ridiculous!

Discord grabbed his smocking and ripped down the sleeves...

but this one wasn't self made. It was also stitched by Rarity.

"NOT THE SMOCKING!" she cried out, just to receive a dozen "Shhhhh..." silencing her up, while her lip was still wobbling about the hours of work which just got ruined.

This time Discord wanted to start with a little more juice, problem being: if he done so, there was nothing left to make sure not everypony would get turned into cotton-candy... and eaten by Pinkie Pie afterwards, so he waved Twilight to him, whispering something into her ear, pointing a last time to the sky, than performing a "zip ur mouth" motion.

The unicorn simply nodded and trotted back to the other princesses and whispered the same thing into their ears, but without the last motions he had made.

The crowd wasn't quite sure what that was all about, as now Discord gave it a second try.

A little more juice... this was his therm for -all i have and if i blows up this lousy planet, so be it!-

This time his hands flashed ten times brighter and the small sparks now began rapidly to grow, when all four alicorn's lowered their heads and conjured magic of their own, creating a magic bubble about fifty meters in diameter around the couple on the altar, just in time, since the sparks had now the dimension of lightning strikes.

The pulsing was gone and the light now bright like he would hold to sun in his hands, once again, one almost white with pink glow, the other one black and sparkling in white, yellow, orange, pink, blue and purple.

The yellow pegasus still sat there, her head raised and looked at her husbands face, not even blinking down at the magic of his, like she wasn't afraid at all, despite being in the center of this storm dancing around her, while sparks shot right next to her into the ground, to change color and material it was made of in all kind of crazy stuff, just to get returned to flower grass in the next lightning strike.

Discord put everything he had to bring his hands together, but it was even harder than before since the energy load was even bigger now... "OH COME ON!!" he tried to cheer him self, clenching his teeth as his veins got visible on his head, when suddenly there was somepony else cheering along with him "Yaay....!" it was hif wife, trying her best to overtone the noise he produced as she tried once again "YAaaay!"... this time significant louder.

"DO IT YOU WUZZ!" Rainbow screamed towards the stage.

"Rainbow!" Applejack scolded her.

"YOU CAN DO IT, DON'T YOU!?" Now Rarity was the one to scream and not quite ladylike.

"Diiiiiisscooooooooooooord!" Pinkie shouted, waving small flags with their faces on them.

"Well, what the buck..." Applejack gave in "MOVE YOUR BUNS ALREADY!"

"Oh come on!" Twilight cursed, while fought to hold up the force field with her alicorn sisters.

Discord huffed like wild stallion, as the screams and thunder spread from the crowed, alongside his way "Discoooord! Yaaaaay!" Fluttershy still led the crowd.

It was just was he needed, making him gather some more strength he didn't even knew he had, enabling him to pull his arms closer to the middle, falling on a knee in a process as his legs gave in below the depletion, as the magic melted into one another to cause a bright almost blinding flash this time, giving the four alicorn's a hard time to hold up the force field as the light suddenly pulled back after this last outburst, leaving behind the ground beneath them in a wild fire of wonderfully flowers, made out candy and other elements.

The crowd starred, at what just had happen... when their sight came back and Discord was about to get him self up on both his feet once again, a little shaky at that and tired looking.

In his paw he hold the most powerful and indescribable beautifully looking ring of light you could image. The alicorn's let go of their field and observed now alongside everypony else the miracle in front of them.

It was an Halo, of an Angel.

Just looking at it gave everpony such a deep warm feeling, like they just had fallen in love for the very first time. It was an exciting tingling feeling all around, like butterfly's dancing inside from top to hoof, as couples and friends hold tight to one another now... giving a fairly good impression how an eternity of luck might would feel like. It was a blessing to be witness.

The Halo was forged and he was able to hold it just with his fingertips now, like he was about to place a crown on somepony's head - which he obviously planned to do.

One last time he raised the crown up and everypony made a long neck, having wide open mouths. The music started to play again, just in time to dignify this moment, when he slowly lowered his hands towards his Queen of Chaos.

Fluttershy gracefully lowered her head a little and closed her eyes as he let go of the ring, just a little above her head and it hoovered over her head by itself.

The energy just stood in place for a moment and she turned around.

The white gown, the natural beauty and this magic halo. It was like a myth, forcing pony's to pinch them self's to be sure not to dream right now. It was like they all received a glance at the afterlife.

Then the energy slowly started to float along the young pegasus body, as she began to glow in a soft yellow tone, but as well all around her in every color there was and a few new ones in between. She spread her wings, as the glow floated over them in slow soft waves above the the tips to vanish slowly, making them appear twice as big for a phew moments.

She looked even beautiful than an alicorn, living in the crystal empire, since it wasn't even crystal... it was pure love in form of energy, shining in all spectra of the light.
Not a single pony could stop them self from crying at this beauty, as well the alicorn's teared up, most of them with some dignity.

After about a minute the light faded and Fluttershy was back to her regular appearance.

She still was gorgeous as always and in fact, she would never be not gorgeous in her now everlasting life.

Discord stepped next to her and kneed down. She may was for ever his, but he still was about a meter taller in size, lowering himself in order to give her a kiss on the lips, which was shocking for most viewers.

Like it would be the sign to do so, everypony started to clop their hooves and throw confetti, while whistling and cheers got loud and her friends rushed towards the stage, alongside the alicorn's, which walked a little more gracefully up to them.

Princess Celestia gave an heartwarming smile and graceful nod to the couple, Princess Cadance giggled like a young foal, holding on to Shining Armor on her side, while Luna had got quite sentimental and was blowing her nose into her royal handkerchief, trying to fetch her self.

Pinkie was searching the ground for candy, while Rainbow tried to create a new word for what she just seen "supermagnifitastic... nah not good enough! It has to be about 40% cooler!"

Applejack had put down her hat and bit on the edge in order not to cry, since she felt quite sentimental right now, to cuddle up with Luna doing so, while Twilight could not help to ask Discord a thousand questions about how it was to handle this kinda magic and Rarity was about to give Fluttershy a close look.

"Well, i guess you wont need the spa anymore.... " Rarity said a little jealous to the bride, before giving a glance to check, if her husband was paying attention, just to whisper quickly something into her ear "i guess i was wrong about ...not the romantic type"

"Oh i heard that one!" Discord grinned, making the unicorn lower her head a little ashamed.

Now Pinkie was done with collecting and rushed back to Fluttershy, her checks full of candy "Hwey!? whey ain't youwn an aliorwn?" she said confused.

Celestia was the one to answer this "alicorn magic is pure harmony, but Discord also used chaos of his own."

"Oh Celi..." he said as he put an arm loosely around her neck "You say i used harmony? Pffwww... don't be silly!" stepping now away from her "I´m amazing! I don't need such a thing, isn't that right Fluttershy!?" to receive a cheerful nod at this.

"So... she is not magic now?" Spike asked.

Discord got to his wife and put his lion finger carefully below her chin "oh, she sure is..."

"What Spike meant was, if she is now capable to use chaos like you." Twilight clarified.

"OH that you mean... uhmmm..." he gave her a close look but she just blushed and shrunk a bit in size "nah, she is fine!" he grinned.

"I... i feel wonderful..." Fluttershy mumbled. So much attention was a bit to much for her to handle "...Discord... may we go home now?" she asked shyly.

"Of course my everlastingdear! And i will rebuild the castle in the blink of an eye and twice the size!" he promised and with that and any further good bye they both vanished in a bright flash.

"I think... she cancontrolchaos" Twilight said, making the pony group giggle at this.

As Pinkie Pie rose her hooves "Hey! How we get home now!?"

Author's Note:

The final chapter.
I hope... some of you have a similar feeling like when i did read the story which inspired this "spin-off"...
Its once again bitter sweet :_)
On the one side i´m just happy i came so far... on the other side it´s sad it has to end so soon.
But don't you worry... you can always re-read it and there plenty more beauty out there in the world(-wide-web),
so don't be afraid to search for something new! Maybe even start something on your own, if you are brave enough.
And don't ya worry about critics and haters... they doesn't matter :)
What really matters is, that you do what you feel is right... and might even be kind enough to share it.
This is what kept me typing (and ofc, this is the only thing to blame for my typos XD)
So ye... enjoy :3

Disclaimer: I do not own My Little Pony (or EG would be more like Fluffle EG! ~ or any other fan-iteration!)

--------
The End...

... *dom dom dom* ...or not!?

Na srly, the ~ happy end ~ ... so, what YOU looking at !?

Get lost ! ^__^

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment