• Published 4th Jan 2019
  • 579 Views, 0 Comments

Thread of Destiny - Shenzy



This story is about Discord and his impact on everypony... until one day chaos strikes upon himself and he is left behind on his own

  • ...
1
 0
 579

A Heart of Cotton Candy

A heart of cotton candy

Discord was sitting in his living room on the couch and zapping through the PV-channels.

He was the only one in all Equestria who happened to use this kind of technology, so the channels he zapped trough weren't regular channels either, by the push of a button the odd shaped box showed another part of Equestria. In one moment he did see a part of the urban life of Manehattan, when he pushed again he had a close look into Celestia's throne room. "Boring old Celestia" he said to him self, watching her listening to a bunch of citizens. Once again he flipped the through channels with a deep sigh "those pony´s... how can they possibly enjoy this! Doing the same boring tasks day for day... they are less fun than being stone" than something caught his eye and he zapped back a few channels and a grin appeared on his face "if that´s not my favorite show".

The screen showed his beloved wife. He pushed once more to enhance the sight and the PV doubled and tripled in size- to almost cinematic measures.

"Well, that, i call entertainment!" the lord of chaos said out loud to himself.

Fluttershy was trotting happily down the path he had made between their castle and town. The path octagonal stones in all colors of the rainbow, till it reached the border of his little kingdom and became ordinary from one step to the next. A part of his agreement not to fool around outside with his borders.

"I cant just sit here and watch her from afar" he thought to himself. "She sure doesn't mind if i come along".

With those words said he teleported in a cloud above her, laying on his stomach and spying on her he grabbed a corner of the pink cloud and ate it. It was delicious cotton candy.

"Its just normal to look after his wife" he knew and slapped him self for the though. Normal. This word again, quite high on his list of words which made him sick.

The yellow pony below him gracefully followed the path along a wide bow leading directly to town. The Everfree Forest wasn't quite the safest part of Equestria. A lot of dangerous creatures lived in his depths.

For the most part Fluttershy could handle all those beasts, but there still were some exceptions to the rule.

Like those timberwolf´s closing in around the corner.

"Didn't they get the lesson last time!?" he mumbled angry to himself and snapped with his fingers once. When the pegasus passed the spot she was thrilled to see what was waiting behind it. A bunch of tiny cute squirrel sat there, looking up in confusion.

"Oh! Ain´t you just the cutest!" she cheered "here have some" with those words she grabbed some nuts out of her pocket she had with her and spilled them on the ground. She always had a little mixed selection of food with her, she was thoughtful and kind like this all the time without wanting anything in return.

The squirrel´s didn't grab them and ran of scared into the forest.

"You don´t have to be scared" she said, but the small animals didn't return, which made her a little sad inside. Usual animals never run of her, maybe they had been scared of by something else. "I will leave the nuts here for you" she said with a sad tone in her voice. "They might come back and pick them up after all" she tough and continued her travel.

She later entered town from the south/west side, passing town hall and heading to the market.

A little shopping before she met up with her friends sure would be fun. Her husband usual would create what ever she needed, but she didn't want to bother him, also she liked to talk to somepony else. Most pony's in this town was happy to see her, only a few gave her a odd glimpse and wandered off. She knew what this was all about – her husband.

Despite the fact he was official reformed and also forgiven by Princess Celestia and some others, he showed up in town and played pranks on pony´s... which alter on lead to arguments with her.

Some of them even was scared of him, which she kinda understood, she had felt the same way before she got to know him better, if just the other would take the time and look behind his grumpy wall. Maybe some day.

On the market she looked around. Wondering what to get first, when her eye was caught by the carrot stall. "Oh Angel sure would love some" she said to her self cheerful and got over to it.

"Um, hello there" she shyly greeted the pony working there.

Her name was Carrot Top. A yellow earthpony with orange mane and three carrots as cutiemark.

"What can i do for you?" she asked slick.

"If you don´t mind i would like to buy a few carrots... please" she said quiet.

"Well alright, how many you want?"

She thought a moment. Angel was a small rabbit but sure had a big appetite.

"Half a dozen will do" she replied.

"This makes eight bits" she stated.

"Eight bits? Oh... okay..." Fluttershy said and started to search in her pocket for the money.

"Oh where did i put my money... i hope i didn't forget..."

Discord was still around, sitting on a roof and noticed her distress, willing to help her out.

He would liked to get down there and tell this pony-trader a lesson, taking advantage of this kind pony and trying to rip her off... may turning her into a carrot and feed her to this annoying bunny back home.

Would serve both just about right, but he reconsidered. She would not appreciate it and would nagging for days about it. He knew that first hand: once you turn one tiny pony into a lantern you are branded for life!

So he did the next best thing he could think of, summoning quickly a small diamond on the table when this pest wasn't looking.

When Carrot Top noticed the diamond, her eyes got big and she snatched hit quickly of the table and put into her money box.

"Take your carrots and ..." she grabbed a few extra and put them on the stack "those as well... for my favorite customer" she grinned at Fluttershy.

The shy pony looked up from her bag in confusion "you sure?".

"I insist. Now take them before i make up my mind again" she said a little more grouchy.

"Okay, thank you" she replied and put the carrots into her bag, wandering off.

Money and things like this didn't matter to Discord. He was able to bend the rules of matter and time with ease, so he had no use for anything like it, but seeing his wife smile – this was worth all the riches in the world for him.

Fluttershy was wondering where to go next and decided to take a trip to Sugarcube Corner, where on of her closest friends used to work and life – Pinkie Pie.

Pinkie was a earth pony and the most energetic one could find. She could not sit still for longer than ten seconds flat, before bursting out in cheer, trying to make everypony near by smile.

Pinkie was special in many kind of ways, but one of the most interesting things about her, was she is also one of the Elements of Harmony. The element of laughter – Discords favorite. She was one of a hand full living beings who could take up with him when, when it was about being crazy and chaotic... her only flaw was, she wanted to make everyone happy... that wasn't quite what he had in mind.

When she entered the shop and was greeted with a high pitched shout across the room "FLUTTERSHY! Ur back! Ur back! Ur back!" Pinkie screamed and jumped right to her and gave her a really tight hug.

Fluttershy barely could breath and only could squeeze out "Pinkie, please..."

Pinkie immediately let go fo her and she slowly slid flat to the ground.

"Sorry!" the pony said with a big smile on her face, than started to jump circles around her.

"Where have you been!? What have you done!? Did Discord behave!? Did you bring me a present!?" asking rapidly one question after another without taking a single breath in between.

The pegasus slowly came back to her feet, overwhelmed by the questions she didn't know what to answer first.

"I made cake! Want some welcome cake!? OH OH OH! We should totally throw you a welcome back party!" she than continued. "With balloons and streamers and..."

"Oh, but i was just gone for a few days" she said to her overly excited friend.

Pinkie stopped in her tracks "I would love to a welcome back party every time i see one of my friends again... but i don't got enough cake" she shrugged and got close to Fluttershy´s ear "i have to save it up for you know who´s anniversary..." then stepped back and continued right away "So- i just need to make a new cake, invite everypony and we are ready to PAR-TEY!" she grinned.

"Well, than. Um... Okay. If its not troubling you..." Fluttershy gave in.

"Yay!" the pink pony shouted out "what kinda cake you want? Apple? Carrot? Chocooollatte? I do love chocolate!"

This gave Fluttershy an idea. She reached down her pocket and put a bunch of carrots on the table. "Carrot Top gave me plenty" she explained "you might could use some for the cake?"

"Sure thing! Carrot it is!" Pinkie replied, grabbing on to the carrots and wandering off to the kitchen. "I will make the cake and you go tell the others!".

"Sounds good" she said, grabbing on to her pocket. Pinkie Pie was already rushing back and forth trough the kitchen and getting her ingredients together. "Bye!" she shouted with the hooves full of work and a spoon in her mouth as the pegasus left the store.

Fluttershy felt already a lot better, after she had met one of her friends. Pinkie sure did her cutiemark – three floating balloons. She always knew how to put a smile on her face.

She wondered who to visit next. Sure Rarity would be a good place to walk by. She could help to spread the word about the party. Rarity was quite a gossip mouth at times. Always talking about events, celebrities and fashion. Fashion was her biggest passion. Unlike Pinkie which used to work for the bakery/party service, the white unicorn worked in a boutique, making all kind of beautiful dresses for any occasion she can think off. She was also a lot more calm and behaved than Pinkie and always took care of her looks. The unicorn never failed to impress, with a flawless coiffed mane and manicured hooves, most stallions could not stop their heads turning after her.

Like all of her close friends, she also represents one of the Elements of Harmony- generosity.

She would help out anypony in need, friends and strangers alike – she sometimes may talked a little conceited, but never acted like it at all. She sure had a heart pure as diamonds, which also happened to be her cutie mark. Three shining diamonds sitting on her flank.

Also Rarity had a special talent to her... she was able to use her magic to find gems. Unlike Pinkie Pies "Pinkie sense" (which was able to predict all kind of strange things coming up in the future), she was able to control it when ever she had the need to.

Fluttershy entered the boutique with the ringing of the door bell introducing her to Rarity´s awareness. The unicorn looked up from her stitching work she was about to perform on a customers dress and found her friend Fluttershy standing in the entrance.

"Oh darling! didn't knew you where back already..." she said with her Manehatten accent and a smile.

"We just came back today" she shrunk a little saying so.

Now she had Rarity´s full attention. Rarity glanced over to her and raised a eyebrow "So you didn't drop him?"

"No! Rarity... that was really rude of you" the pegasus said loud as a mice- which was equal to screaming according to her levels.

"I'm sorry dear" she unicorn said while moving to a shelf full of silk and satin – carefully picking two rolls with her magic "... red or blue, what you think?" she asked incidentally.

"Um, both are beautiful" the pegasus replied.

Rarity had expected this answer and took the blue one and walked back to her work place.

"I was just thinking he might got out of hand again, you sure can tell me if he did".

"He did behave... " she said "... most of the time" she said a little more quiet.

Rarity´s eyes became a little bigger "He didn't did harm you, did he?"

"He never would" she assured her "... in fact, he was really lovely and kind to me"

The white unicorn could not quite understand what she just got told.

"He was lovely? ... he s a creature of chaos" tipping her chin with her hoof "he also doesn't quite look like the..." she thought how to put it gently "... the romantic type".

"You just have to get knowing him a little better" she shyly said and blushing while doing so.

Rarity gave this a moment of consideration "i'm not sure we are on the same... page" she than said "but you MUST tell me everything about your trip! I want to know all the details!" she tried to change subject.

"Well, Pinkie wanted to throw a welcome back party for me today, i could tell you then about it... if that´s okay?" she asked polite.

The unicorn stepped over to her work table, taking a look into her business book. "I´m quite busy" she sighed ...

"I ... i understand if you cant..." Fluttershy started.

"BUT" she got interrupted and used a pencil to cross out a appointment "i will take some time off for you and i don't want to hear a no for an answer!"

"That´s really generous of you Rarity" she smiled.

"I know darling, but that´s how i am" running her hooves through her purple mane and suddenly starting to look all around her "but what to wear?" she mumbled "i want to look good for your party" and glared to Fluttershy "you also need a dress don't you?"

The pegasus shook her head "no, thanks, i´m fine. As long as my friends are there"

Rarity could not help to smile at this "she s so kind" she though to her self "... also a natural beauty" she added, almost jealous but let go on that and focused on what to do next.

"Well, if you say so, i don´t mind" she said "but i want to look marvelous, its a celebration after all"

Fluttershy noticed how busy the unicorn was all of a sudden and felt it was time to go "till later" she said calmly when walking to the door. Her friend took a quick look from her fabrics and called "goodbye" before she started to rush again back and forth.

Discord had listen in to every single word of the conversation in there and it made him frown.

He didn't like Rarity that much. He ... kinda... considered her to be a friend of his, because she was good friends with Fluttershy – but they are really far apart when it comes about their personality´s. Rarity was so sissy, always concerned with her looks and and judging other pony's by it and despised chaos. Since he was the lord of chaos, this means she despised him as well and always hinted she didn't want them to be together. "So many pony´s, so little time to turn them all into some rubbish" he thought to him self, taking of the roof and flying after his beloved wife.

There was no doubt where she was heading next, the castle came already in sight.

Fluttershy was about to enter when she bumped into a blue pegasus coming out of it.

"Sorry" she immediately said and was stepping back "it was my fault, i didn't look".

The blue pony in front of her waved it off "Fluttershy you are back! Awesome!"

Just moments later she was also joined by Twilight which had caught up the noise.

Twilight used to be a unicorn in the past, but on a faithful day, Princess Celestia gave wings to her and made her an alicorn princess as well. She had purple fur and a dark blue mane with highlights of pink in it and used to work in her library – which got turned into her own Castle by the tree of harmony, after they defeated the evil centaur Tirek.

"Welcome back" she greeted her friend with a smile "glad you visit. I was already wondering when you return".

"Yeah!" the blue pegasus joined in "some of us was concerned Discord was on to something!"

"Rainbow!" Twilight dispraised her "Discord is reformed and i´m sure Fluttershy can handle him... right?"

The shy pegasus nodded "He had his moments, but he behaved really good".

The alicorn nodded to Rainbow Dash on her side "you see, i told you. We should not jump to any fast conclusions"

"Ja ja..." the weather pony waved off "i guess."

Twilight´s attention came back to Fluttershy "So why are you here Fluttershy, what can i do for you?"

"Well, Pinkie said she threw me a welcome back party... and i wanted to invite you".

The other two looked agreeing on each other. "It would glad to come" Twilight said.

"I wanted to read my new Daring Do ..... but i´m sure i can wait a little longer" she smiled.

"...besides, whats more fun than having a great party with your friends!" she shouted.

This made Twilight and Fluttershy giggle.

"Well i would stay longer, but i got some clouds to bust before the party starts" Rainbow declared.

"Its okay" Fluttershy said calmly.

"See you than" Twilight said.

before neither of them could anything more – the blue pegasus opened his wings and shot into the sky like a bullet and was out of sight a few seconds after.

Rainbow Dash was the local weather pony in town – her flank showing a cloud, with rainbow colored lightning on it. She s a more than just talented flier and probably the fasted pony there is.

Like all her friends – she earned her cutie mark on the faithful day when she pulled of her first Sonic Rainboom and there for changing their friends life. Their friends had been the most important ever since they met – when they found out the one thing they had in common was the Sonic Rainboom, it just made this bound stronger. Last but not least, Rainbow Dash also represented an element of friendship – loyalty. Despite her impulsive temper at times, she never let her friends go second because of that and stood up to every challenge to keep sure of that.

Twilight invited her friend in to talk a little more.

She walked through the rooms and came into a big round one, with hundreds books in the shells, same laying on the ground.

"I´m sorry, its a little messy" she said "Spike is over by Applejack, giving a helping hand. Its almost time for the zappapple harvest and you sure know how much work that is" she smiled.

"I don't mind. I'm married to the lord of chaos after all" she giggled.

Twilight took a second to process this joke, just to join in giggling along.

"Well..." she started "it does sound like you have become a more confident, since you are with him".

The pegasus though a moment "i'm not sure i am"... she met Twilight´s sigh "... am... i?"

"He is a really powerful being, it cant be easy to keep him in place" she said while trying to cleaning up with her magic. Hoovering books back into the shelf's and bringing papers to stacks.

Twilight was also really well trained in magic, she studied it all her life and earned her cutie mark doing so. A pink star with sparks was on her flank and ever since she become an alicorn, her powers had increased enormous. Still, despite she had become one of the most powerful magic beings in Equestria, she could had a really hard time to catch up to Discords level of magic. He had proven to be a natural talent when it came about to perform his magic, despite he never had studied a day in his life – his powers seem unlimited.

"He can be a hoof full" she admitted "but he has a good heart" she blushed.

"Good to hear" Twilight said while walking to the next shelf "i have to admit i had my doubts at times... he wasn't quite always an angel" then she turned to her friend "but it seems you shown him the way"

The face of the pony turned from yellow to a deep red and she shyly shrunk in size, still smiling a little. "I guess". Was all she said.

"So... how was your trip?" Twilight asked along. "Been some where interesting?"

Fluttershy put her head on the side "oh, we pretty much were everywhere... he didn't want to stand on one place to long.

"So he dragged you around?" she lifted an eyebrow.

"No it was nothing like it!" than again she shrunk as she noticed she just had said it out loud "I'm sorry... but he just wanted to get sure we had a really special trip, that´s all" she said almost whispering.

Her friend placed carefully a hoof on Fluttershy´s back "Don´t worry i understand, you must be really special to him".

This again made Fluttershy a little embarrassed but also proud. She was never special to somepony before. Not like this.

"Where is your husband anyways?" Twilight checked after. "Is he in town?"

The pegasus shook her head "No, he did stay at home" ... "he doesn't like to be in town so much..." she than added.

"Hm. I see. Its not easy for the somepony to get used to him, but they sure will at some point" The princess said understanding.

"So... about the party of yours, how about i send Applejack a letter for you?"

Fluttershy had a questioning look on her face "don´t you need spike to do so?" she asked.

"Since i'm an alicorn, i can teleport letters all over Equestria on my own, but Spike usual insist it counts to his duty´s, so i let him" she pointed out.

"If its no troubling you" Fluttershy said to her when she watched Twilight performing her magic.

Ink and Paper came flying in from one of the upper rooms and began to write on its own.

"Hello Spike" she read out loud "... be so kind and let Applejack know Fluttershy is back and Pinkie is having a party today... " she was thinking if she should add something and decided to add silently "ps. And watch out of flying pigs" in order to remember the little Dragon, Discord is back in town as well.

After this was done, Twilight's horn unleashed a short flash of light and the letter was gone.

On the other side of the town - across Apple Acres, the letter got burped out by spike a second later.

Spike was surprised, he didn't though he would receive one today, so he curious opened the letter to read it to the other pony nearby.

AJ was right on his side and cheered up when she heard her friend is back in town.

"I´m glad she found yer way back save" she said in her thick cowgirl accent "sometimes this Discord can be a pain in the neck".

Spike looked up to her "Well, he is reformed... isn't he?"

"Yes he is, but he still could be up to something" she admitted.

Again Spike began "But they are in love! I would never do something to my beloved wife" but than forced him self to look to the ground, when he caught him self to stare a little to long at Applejack...

There was just something about her. It was like when he watched Rarity, but they wasn't anything alike. He could not lay his finger on it.. Rarity was such a lady, taking care of her look all the time, when ever they met, she looked marvelous to him. AJ on the other side didn't mind to get dirty and rarely cared her looks. As a earth pony she worked almost all her life on the apple farm, which made her strong and gave her a wild beauty. Her blond mane shimmered in the sunlight like fresh straw, while her orange fur matched great wih her cutie mark – three shining red apples.

All of her family had apple related cutie marks or they would not had been the "Apple" family for no reason. Growing and harvesting all kind of apples was their way of life.

He had a hard time to believe she was really convinced of her words, but she sure never would lie to him. She was his friend, not to mention also the element of honesty ... and that´s why he was more than relieved when she looked at him and said "ya know Spike, i guess yu could be right..."

Author's Note:

Oh this double lettering and non-double lettering, gives me a really hard time for some reason :(
full = LL ... beautiful = L ... isn't she "full"... of "beauty?" [= beautifuLL]... i think that´s what goes trough my head right there.
That's so different from German grammar :/
(CeLLestia forgive me!)

Disclaimer: I stilldo not own My Little Pony (but i'm working on it! :)

----------

I neither can´t stand Carrot Top... (the pony)
hmm... i think i notice a pattern here... i guess i hate carrots... :|