• Published 5th Nov 2018
  • 1,351 Views, 36 Comments

Inside the Mind of Marble Pie - Creativa-Artly01



As the silent of the Pie sisters, Marble writes all her thoughts in a journal including how crushed she is that Big Mac is dating Sugar Belle and not her.

  • ...
3
 36
 1,351

The Wedding + Journal Entry 14

A few days later, it’s finally the day of the wedding and the Pie sisters show up punctually early to get into their places. Pinkie stands next to Marble, Maud next to Limestone. The wedding soon starts and the procession begins. As they walk, Marble keeps her head held low, not even wanting to catch Sugar Belle in that gorgeous dress in the corner of her eye. A matter of what feel like only moments later, Big Mack and Sugar Belle are happily pronounced mare and stallion, husband and wife, they’re now completely and utterly wed. Marble runs out the room in tears after thundering with her hooves in a thud on the ground and snorting in Big Mack’s face, all the while not saying a word. “I’ll be right back!” Says Pinkie as she runs off to find her sister. She soon finds her sister crying in the Apple orchard.

“Marble,” says Pinkie, “I’m worried about you, sis. Jealous of what they have, aren’t you? Mad that Mack chose Sugar Belle over you?”

“Mmhmm,” responds Marble with a snort. She says nothing more. Instead, she pulls out a scrap of paper and a pencil and writes: I’m so mad and upset that he chose Sugar Belle over me.

“Oh, yeah, I can see that,” Pinkie responds. She gives her sister a hug and wipes away her tears. She spends upwards of three hours trying to comfort her sister. After awhile, Marble pulls herself together and that night writes all her thoughts in her journal.

Dear diary, I’m so mad that Big Mack and Sugar Belle are married. I still love him so much. Now, we’ll never be together and that pangs me. I never should’ve gone to the wedding. I honestly regret my decision to go. I regret my decision to even agree to be a bridesmare. I hated every minute of being in that wedding. I ran out in tears. I’m so embarrassed. I’m so ashamed. I’m sure he never wants to see my face again. I don’t want to see his much anymore either to be honest as I can’t bear to see him with Sugar Belle. I can’t bear it anymore. Every time I see his face, I’m looking in the face of a pony I can no longer have. I’m broken. Abandoned. Alone. Forever alone.

As she finishes writing, Marble turns as she hears the door creek and open and to her surprise, it’s not Pinkie standing there, but Big Mack. “I know yer mad at me,” he says with a sigh, “and I get if you never want to see me again, but just know, it’s nothing against you. It’s just, you’re more like a little sister to me. I hope someday you’ll come to understand that.” Marble looks at him with a blank stare before blinking. Did she hear him right? He didn’t marry her because he saw her as a little sister. How can she stay mad at him now? Marble pauses before saying a single phrase, “I may not get over this anytime soon, but just know, now that I know, I forgive you.”

“Thank you,” responds Big Mack. He then walks out the door and Marble goes back to her journal. Dear diary, an addendum, now that I know the truth, I can’t stay mad at him. It actually makes sense that he sees me as a sister. It makes sense. I can’t help but forgive him now. I can no longer stay mad at him. I just can’t. Marble, out.