• Published 19th Aug 2012
  • 1,292 Views, 10 Comments

Mass Effect: Vigilance - Dr.Shiny



Astra Sparkle on a journey across the galaxy to help her people

  • ...
4
 10
 1,292

Unto the Ship

Astra and Jeff made their way to a much darker side of the Citadel. Gone were the bright lights, and clean city streets, the deeper they went, the more trashier and dimmer the station became.

"Hard to think that up where all the business, politics, and life up top, there is a grimy, thug infested underworld. Why are we even down here if we are looking for someone whose going to hunt down Barla? Can't we use any other police force?" asked Astra.

"Allow me to quickly inform you on galactic law, the police force known as C-Sec, only take care of Citadel matters. Barla was one of the most wanted criminals in the galaxy, and he still has a high bounty on his head. He won't show up on any major world in Citadel, or Alliance Space." said Jeff.

"So where would he be?" asked Astra.

"Terminus systems. It's the wild west over there. Only way to live is to be cut throat, and know how to use a gun." said Jeff.

Astra and Jeff walked till they reached a man with his hat over his head, and a lit cigarette in his mouth. He looked like he was asleep, but he was mumbling something.

"Hello?" said Astra.

The man fell out of his chair, and he stood back up with a tool in his hand. He jumped up on top of a tall box, and started shouting, "You ain't going to take me alive, you sonofabitches!"

He swung around the tool, and then he lost his balance and fell toward the ground. He let out several colorful words while he got back up on his feet. He took off his hat to re-adjust it. He took a good look at the two people in front of them.

"What the hell do you people want?" he said. Then he looked down at Astra, " And what in the hell is that?"

"We are here to see the Captain of this ship." said Jeff.

"You don't say? Then why don't you take you and your uh...pet thing there and..." the man replied. He quickly swung the tool at them. Jeff quickly grabbed his arm, disarmed the man, and pushed him to the floor.

"Well shit, you look tougher than I thought." said the man.

"Can we see the Captain of the ship now?" Jeff asked.

"Sure. Just don't throw me to the floor. By the way I'm Scooter. I do all the fixin' on the ship." said Scooter.

"Are you sure, the ship looks like it's seen better days." commented Astra.

"Hey now you, horned alien thing. All I do to the ship is some work on the pipes, an' some of the uh important parts. If I can my hands on it, I can fix it. There's some quarian here that does all the big ship mumbo jumbo that I don't understand." said Scooter.

"Horned alien? You haven't heard of a unicorn?" asked Astra.

"Let me tell you here missy. One I have heard of unicorns, and they ain't real. Two you're probably some lab experiment done by them lizard looking people." said Scooter. After he said that remark, Scooter was lifted off his feet, hovering above the ground upside down.

"Well shit, first I fell on by ass, now I'm going head first." said Scooter. Astra stopped channeling her magic, and let him fall on his head.

"Now can we see the Captain?" asked Astra.

"Go ahead." said Scooter.

Astra and Jeff walked aboard the ship. The place looked like a dump. The lighting inside was very dim, and the only lights that worked were all the red ones.

"This place was a little cleaner last time I was here." said Jeff.

Out in the corner there was a sound. Large foot steps came down the narrow hallway. Whatever was coming to them was big, and angry. Then the figure came into the flickering light above the hall. It was a massive krogan in black armor with blue lights. Astra hid behind Jeff's legs, low to the ground.

"Well, well, well, what do we have here. It seems the Red Arrow has come back on this fine ship once again." said the krogan.

"Let me guess is that the famous Rex the Ripper?" replied Jeff.

"Ha, ha! I knew you would come back! Tired of playing soldier Arrow?" Rex said shacking Jeff's hand.

"It's been too long." said Jeff.

"I see you also brought a pet." said Rex.

Astra snarled at Rex, she was about to shout at him, when Jeff replied, "No, she's not my pet. She's a friend."

"Hmm, what's she doing here?" asked Rex.

"That's why we are here to see him." said Jeff.

"You know he's still pissed off for what you did back on Omega." said Rex.

"I wouldn't be surprised." said Jeff," Do you know where he's at?"

"Map room. I can show you where it is." said Rex.

"I think the ship hasn't change much since I left." said Jeff.

Rex let out a laugh. He turned his eyes to Astra. Astra crouched lower to the ground. Last time she saw a korgan, it wanted her dead.

"What's your name?" he asked.

Astra was shy at first, "A-a-a-Astra Sparkle."

"Hmm, that much be a nice name for your people. If you two are not thrown out by the pissed off turian, come down to the armory. I still have your old armor Jeff, and we can get her something made." said Rex.

Rex walked passed them towards what looked like an elevator. Astra stood back up and looked at Jeff.

"Did he say turian?" asked Astra.

"Yep." said Jeff.

In Astra's mind she thought, Great every alien that tried to kill me is on this ship.

Author's Note:

Sorry for such a long wait between these chapters. I've not only been busy, but have been writing on and off for many fics for a while. It's been a pain, but after a bit of a pause, I feel like i'm ready to come back and get more of this story done. There was pre-mature publish earlier for this chapter, that was a complete mistake.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment