• Published 25th Oct 2018
  • 4,129 Views, 956 Comments

My Chemical Reaction - MysteriousStranger



Still recovering from the Midnight Sparkle incident, Twilight seeks to distract herself with a new book she's eager to read, but she soon discovers that she's not the only one interested in it.

  • ...
11
 956
 4,129

Book Buddies

Twilight’s POV

The week flew by in a flash. It started off as usual but, in the blink of an eye, Saturday was here! I found myself in my room doing the last-minute checkup with my trusty checklist while Spike slept on my bed. I ran through my checklist, marking things as I went along, making sure nothing was left undone. “Let’s see…” I mumbled to myself quietly. “All four cushions are on the floor for us to sit, my book is on my desk. The snacks…”

“Twily, honey, could you open the door please?” That was my mom’s voice. “My hands are full.”

“Coming!” I smiled as I walked towards the door and opened it. I took care not to disturb Spike. My mother was holding a tray with snacks and drinks. Just in time! I “Thank you, mom! You really are the best!” I said as I took the tray from my mom and kissed my mom's cheek.

My mother smiled. “You’re welcome dear. Leave the door open. I’ll bring the second tray in a few.”

“I will.” Just as I placed the snacks on my desk, someone rang the bell.

“Those might be my first guests!” Excited, I ran downstairs, passing my mom on the way, who chuckled softly. Once by the door, I composed myself and opened the door. Standing there were Sunset and Trixie, both holding their copies of the book in their hands. Sunset and Trixie were wearing matching tops with the main characters on them. I was so excited and thought about showing off my new t-shirt as well as I greeted my friends.

“Hey, Twi.” Sunset greeted me, smiling.

“Good afternoon, Twilight.” Trixie smiled as well.

“Hi girls!” I said as I hugged them both. “I was just finishing preparing my room. Come on in!”

“Thanks.” Sunset said as she and Trixie walked in. “Where’s Spike? He would normally be here by now.”

“He’s sleeping on my bed. We’ve been very active the past few days and the poor thing felt very tired.” I said as I closed the door.

“Aww, how cute~!” Sunset commented, smiling.

“Let’s go upstairs while we wait for Aria.” My friends followed me, waving at my parents when they saw them.

“So, Aria Blaze is really coming?” Trixie inquired cautiously. “She’s fine with us?”

“She is.” I said, smiling at Trixie. “Ever since she got released to the hospital she has been behaving differently. I saw her being so nice to Sonata I asked her if she wanted to join us. She agreed to join us after giving it some thought.”

“That’s cool.” Sunset said genuinely smiling. “It will be nice to see her under better circumstances for once.”

“And a better mood.” The magician said with a roll of her eyes before sighing. “I’m here to have a good time, not to argue.”

“I promise, she’s trying to change.” I said without losing my smile.

When we walked into my room, Spike raised his head, and gave a slow sleepy greeting to my friends. “Oh, Hello...” He said to Sunset and Trixie, but then he yawned. It’s impossible not to love this cutie!

“Oh, Spike...” I picked him up and put him on my lap as I sat on the cushion on the floor so he could keep sleeping, while I gently petted him and kissed his forehead. When I looked to my friends they looked as if they were about to squeal. I blushed, feeling a little embarrassed, but I couldn’t blame them.

“So, Twilight-” Sunset spoke as she sat down alongside Trixie. “We haven’t hung out all week. Everything okay?”

“Hmm?” I tilted my head before replying. “Oh! Yes, everything’s fine.” I smiled again. “I’ve been working on something new in my lab and I’m making good progress on it. I’ve been feeling inspired to work lately.”

“Are you working on something interesting?” Trixie asked placing her book next to her on the floor.

I nodded. “There’s already stores where they convert VHS movies into DVDs, so I thought about doing it in reverse to convert some of my movies and gift them to Aria.”

“Aww, that’s cute.” Sunset commented with a giggle. “But kinda nerdy too.”

“Thanks.” I looked at the equestrian girl. “I’m still not sure which movie to give her first. I have seen her collection, but I still don't have a clue. It's okay, though. I estimate that my new invention will not be ready until a few more weeks, so I still have time to think.”

“If I may give you a suggestion-” Sunset said as she raised her hand. “Do NOT give her the Wraithbusters reboot. That franchise already has a worthy follow-up and it’s in the form of a videogame, which I have already played and enjoyed. I would recommend it to Aria if she was into gaming.”

I chuckled. “Don’t worry, I learned my lesson. But Aria went to the arcade with Sonata, Pinkie, Rainbow and Applejack around two weeks ago. She might enjoy video games, but she can’t afford them.”

“Wait...” Sunset pointed at me with her finger. “The girls went to the arcade… without me?! Ouch!” Trixie slapped the fiery girl on the back of her head.

“Sunset!” Trixie exclaimed in whispers. “You’ll wake Spike up. Be quiet, you dolt!”

“S-Sorry...” Sunset said as she rubbed the area she got slapped.

“We already had plans, Sunset.” I said. “You asked me to help you buy Trixie a gift that day.”

“Right, the day we bought the bird in the cage illusion trick.” The equestrian girl said with a smile.

“I’m still practicing with it but I love it.” Trixie said before kissing her girlfriend’s cheek. “Thank you.”

“All the affection of that kiss was lost when you hit me, love.” Sunset said as she looked away, pretending to be hurt. Trixie groaned and made Sunset look at her just to poke her forehead. “Ow! Hey!”

Sunset reeled back, covering the spot Trixie poked grumbling fiercely. I giggled and then there was a knocking on the door. I figured it must be my mom. “It’s probably the rest of the snacks. Could one of you open the door? My hands are occupied at the moment.” I said as I gently petted Spike.

“I’ll get it.” The magician said before standing up. She accommodated her dress and walked towards the door to open it.

“Thank you.” My mother smiled at Trixie before glancing at Sunset. “Hello, girls! Don’t mind me. I’m just going to leave this tray here and I’ll be on my way.”

“Hi!” Sunset waved at my mom, grinning. “It’s good to see you again miss Velvet.”

“The feeling is mutual.” Just as my mother put the tray on the floor, the doorbell rang. I smiled widely, knowing that it’s most likely Aria.

“That must be our last member!” I happily said as I stood up and ran towards Trixie to pass Spike to her. “Could you please hold him? Thanks!”

“S-Sure!” Trixie was surprised, but she carefully took Spike, allowing me to rush downstairs. Once at the door, I made myself presentable and opened the door. I barely had the chance to register Aria when she rushed towards me, embracing me tightly, lifting me into the air and almost making me drop my glasses. I was taken by surprise.

“I told you that I was dying to give you a big hug.” My girlfriend said as she gently rubbed my back. “I really missed you these past weeks.”

I blushed deeply, but I eventually embraced her back.

“I missed you too.” I whispered into her ear before burying my face into her shoulder. We hugged tightly for several seconds before Aria put my feet back on the ground. We stared at each other’s eyes for a few moments until I wrapped my arms around her neck and pulled her towards my lips to kiss her passionately. Aria moaned softly into the kiss, which made me smile.

I pulled away from the kiss after a short while just to half open my eyes and look at my girlfriend. Aria did the same and smiled. With our loving gazes locked, I attacked her with a series of short kisses. I missed her eyes, I missed her beautiful face, her lips, her hair… everything. My heart is pounding so hard that it almost hurts my chest. With each kiss I felt my body heating up more and more. I just had to make up for the lost time.

When I felt satisfied with the shower of kisses, I rested the side of my head on her chest where I could feel her heartbeat and hugged her again. Aria held me close to her and kissed the top of my head. I can’t begin to describe my happiness. I wanted to remain in Aria’s arms for a long while, but…

I heard someone clearing their throat. I opened my eyes shut and me and Aria slowly turned around to find my mother, looking at us with her arms crossed and smirking. “Sorry to interrupt, but you two are ‘catching up’ in the middle of the house, so...”

“M-Mom!” Completely turning red of embarrassment, I hid my face behind my hands as Aria placed a hand on my shoulder and cleared her throat.

“S-Sorry about that.” My girlfriend said.

“Oh, don’t worry.” My mom said in a casual way. “I was once a teenager too. Once my father walked into my room while Night Light and I were-”

“WE’RE GOING TO MY ROOM, RIGHT NOW!” I said as I focused my eyes on the floor and took Aria’s hand to lead her upstairs. I really didn’t want to hear the end of that sentence.

“Making out, dear! We weren’t that wild!” Aaaaaah! I can’t believe she finished it anyway!

I didn’t look at Aria at all as we walked towards my room so I didn’t know if she was smirking or not. However, she didn’t make any comments to my mother, so she must know that I didn’t want to be teased about what just happened, which helped me to relax a little. When we reached my door, I smiled at my girlfriend. She smiled back, but before we could say anything, we heard Sunset and Trixie arguing on the other side of the door.

“No, you can’t hold Spike. You’ll wake him up! Besides, Twilight left Trixie in charge!”

“I’ll wake him up?! I’m not the one screaming!” Sunset said.

“Trixie’s not screaming. She’s just raising her voice to make a point.”

“... That’s screaming.”

“It’s not!”

“It is!”

“It’s not!”

“It is!”

“I think we better go in now before they do wake Spike up.” I said while trying not to laugh. Aria nodded and I opened the door. Sunset and Trixie stopped arguing the moment they saw us walking in. Spike was still sleeping on Trixie’s lap while Sunset had a hand on my pet’s back.

“Twilight, Aria. Hi!” The fiery girl greeted us as she clasped her hands together.

“Hey. What took you so long?” Trixie’s question made me blush deeply. Fortunately, Sunset took action instantly. She slapped Trixie’s arm. “Hey! What gives?!” The magician said as she rubbed the arm Sunset slapped.

“We’re dating. You know what might have made them take their time.”

Sunset hissed at her girlfriend.

“What do you-? Oh...” Trixie blushed and looked at me. “Sorry. Forget that I asked.” I smiled at her and nodded.

Aria opened her mouth to speak, but she hesitated. At first I thought she was going to say something harsh or rude, but she stopped. That made me sigh in relief. She always had a more difficult time speaking with Sunset and Trixie. “So… have you started without me?”

“No. We were waiting for you.” Sunset replied, smiling.

“Oh...” Aria scratched the back of her head looking a bit annoyed. “I’m… Sorry if I made you wait.”

“You didn’t. We actually arrived not too long ago. You’re right on time.” Trixie said slowly.

“Okay then, cool...” My girlfriend smiled a little and crossed her arms.

An awkward silence followed. It seems like Aria isn’t sure of what to say or do, so I intervened.

“Since we’re all here, let’s start with the session, shall we?” I said as I sat down. Aria followed my lead and sat next to me. “Which chapter are you two at?”

“I got to the Andeddo Kikō chapter.” Sunset said as she opened her book. “The one where Hikari and friends-”

Suddenly Trixie waved her arms with a loud yelp that made us jump except Aria.

“Shh! No spoilers!” Trixie glared at her girlfriend. “Trixie hasn’t reached that part yet. I’m in the one before that, Sleeping Zenaida. I’m four pages away from finishing it.”

“Go ahead and finish it, then.” Sunset spoke again. “We’ll wait.”

“Are you sure? I’m not a fast reader.” Trixie said.

“It’s our book club, Trixie. We’re here to read.” I said. “It just so happens that Aria and I already finished the book. We don’t mind if you or Sunset need to read. Right, Aria?” I said the last while glancing at my girlfriend, who shrugged.

I then winked at her and she blushed, looking away and scratching her neck.

“Sure, we don’t mind.” Aria said. “As long as I have snacks, I won’t complain.” I giggled as Sunset pushed one of the trays with snacks closer to Aria. That was my girlfriend, alright. Aria smiled a little. “Thanks.”

“You’re welcome.” My friend replied while Aria took an Orion cookie. Before starting to read, Trixie stood up to carefully place Spike on my bed before returning to her spot and taking her book.

We remained silent to allow Trixie to finish reading her chapter. At one point, the magician looked up from her book and spoke.

“You can still talk if you want.”

“No, it’s fine. We don’t want to disturb you.” I said, smiling. I heard Aria chuckle and I glanced at her. “What?”

“I just remembered our first book session at the park shortly after meeting. You wouldn’t stop bombarding me with questions.”

I blushed lightly, embarrassed. “Maybe I was a little curious...”

“A little?” Aria snorted. I remember that day fondly when I almost spoiled a later chapter which Aria had still to read and she wasn't happy about it. Discussing our thoughts of the chapter after she finished reading was a happy memory I'll treassure forever.

With a sigh I shrugged. “Okay, I was very curious. I was excited to meet another equestrian and I was also happy to meet someone with similar interests as me. I just wanted to be your friend.”

My girlfriend lost her smirk. She looked sad for a moment. “And I just wanted to get rid of you. I actually planned on ditching you and never showing up, but Adagio blackmailed me go.” Aria sighed before smiling at me. “Funny how things work out, huh?”

I felt my heart sink when I heard Aria’s original plans, but then I remembered about how she told me that she used to be evil. That’s just it… she used to be, past tense. I didn’t fall for the girl who insulted me. I fell for the one who’s willing to defend me. I fell for the girl who learned to smile with me, who learnt to trust me. Aria worked hard for our friendship and now relationship and I love her for that… wait… did I just… did I…?!

Suddenly, my thoughts shifted to focus on the future. I imagined myself waking up while snuggled against Aria in bed together. I saw myself going to college, going to work and Aria waiting for me when I returned home, maybe with dinner ready or just hugging me as soon as I walked in. I could imagine us talking about our days after a long day and maybe even form a family one day… Aria, me, and a young one...

I felt my face heating up. I shook my head to clear my thoughts and I glanced at my girlfriend who was now looking at me with concern. I suddenly realized I I was silent for too long! My other friends were also looking at me! What do I do?!

“Sparks, are you okay?” Aria said before scooting closer to me. I took a deep breath to slow my thoughts down and managed to smile.

“Yes, Aria.” I said before laying my head on her shoulder. “I’m feeling wonderful.” I felt Aria’s arm around my waist as she leaned against me as well. Yes… I want that future. I want to build a life with the girl I love. I just… need… to… tell her!

Sunset watched the scene and smiled at me while Trixie returned to reading.

I snuggled against my girlfriend until Trixie closed her book.

“Well, that was a fun chapter.” The magician said with a smile. “The inside of Zenaida's mind was cool.”

“It was!” I said, pulling away from Aria to sit properly. Aria sighed sadly when I stopped snuggling her, so I offered her my hand, which she happily took. “I really loved how the author described it. It really felt like I was there with ‘Kari.”

“Me too!” Sunset joined in. “The mushrooms, the tower with infinite doors and the two tiny devils following ‘Kari around. They were all wonderful! The author even included a beloved enemy from a popular video game franchise!”

“Wait, really?” I asked, surprised. Sunset nodded.

“The executioner with a pyramid for a head, decapitating all the ‘bad’ Zenaidas. I literally squealed when I got the reference!”

“The spell Johanna used to send Hikari into Zenaida's mind was interesting too. Just hitting her with a magical bat.”

“Yeah.” Sunset said before chuckling. “That was funny.”

“Isn’t anyone going to talk about the big thing that almost happened?!” Aria suddenly said, catching our attention.

“What are you talking about, Aria?” I asked. My girlfriend looked at me, looking shocked.

“Not even you, cub? I thought you, out of the four of us, would bring it up.”

“Bring what up?” Sunset asked. Aria glanced at the equestrian girl.

“The fact that ‘Kari was going to kiss Zenaida on the lips to wake her up… twice!”

“Oh, that?” Sunset smiled. “I don’t think it was big. ‘Kari was going to do it because she knew that’s how princes’ normally wake their princesses’ up. It was just her innocent thinking.”

“Innocent, yes, but she was still willing to.”

“Too bad it didn’t happen.” Trixie said while playing with her index fingers. “I ship it.”

“Really?” I said, smirking at my magician friend. “That’s too bad. I ship ‘Kari with Iris. They’re just perfect for each other.”

“Nah, you’re wrong.” Aria said, smirking as well. “The best pair is obviously ‘Kari with Roxanne. They make a good team getting into trouble together.”

I gasped over dramatically, covering my mouth with both of my hands. “I don’t believe it! Betrayed by my own girlfriend!”

“Sorry, Sparks.” Aria shrugged and smiled. “Looks like you’ll be ‘sailing’ on your own this time.”

“Umm… what about ‘Kari and Keith?” Sunset asked, only to regret it when Trixie, Aria and I all glared at her.

“Don’t even joke about that!” I said.

“He’s just a snobby idiot!” My girlfriend gritted her teeth as she spoke.

“He’s just there to be the unwanted and unnecessary love interest.” Trixie said. “In the, thankfully, few appearances he had, he did nothing relevant whatsoever. He’s not even cute!”

Sunset backed away a little, holding her arms up. “Okay, okay, I got it! I just asked because the author is hinting something. What if it happens?”

I focused my eyes on my book and sighed. “I hope nothing happens. With any of them, I mean. As much fun as I have imagining ‘Kari dating Iris, the story is about friendship and magic. Adding romance into the mix would just ruin it. With luck, all of the main characters will be single by the end of the second and last book.”

“Wait, second and last?!” Trixie widened her eyes as she hugged her book. “A-Are you sure? Is it confirmed?!”

“Yes.” I said, nodding. “The author said that she always planned it this way. I was sad at first too, but as long as it’s good, I’m happy. This book hasn’t disappointed me with the story nor the characters.” I was smiling but then sighed sadly. “I’ll really miss them when it’s over, though.”

“Me too.” Aria said as she crossed her arms. “I have a soft spot for this book. I met Twilight thanks to it, after all.” She said the last with a smirk, making me giggle and my heart skip a beat. Gosh, I love her!

“I agree. Some things are better if they’re short and nice.” Sunset said. “Just look at the outrage that caused the poor finale of Game of Thorns T.V. show.”

“I suppose that’s true...” Trixie said as she ran a finger on her book. “I wouldn’t mind a third book, though. I can accept trilogies, but only two feels… odd.”

“Don’t worry, Trixie. We’ll find another book to read.” The fiery girl said as she placed an arm around her girlfriend to pull her closer. Trixie hugged her book again, but leaned against Sunset for comfort. Watching them brought a warm feeling to my heart. I glanced at Aria, only to discover that she was already looking at me. I scooted closer to her and placed a soft peck on her lips before resting my head on her shoulder. Aria placed an arm around me and we continued to talk about the book. I think that it’s safe to say that this book session has been a success.


“Goodbye, thank you for coming!” I waved at my friends from my doorstep as they walked towards the car Trixie’s mother came to pick them up with.

“Bye Twilight! Bye Aria!” Sunset said as she and Trixie waved back. Trixie’s mom waved too before driving away. After the car was gone, I felt a familiar hand taking mine. I turned my head around to find Aria smiling at me.

“So… I’m not feeling like going home yet...” She said as she stroked my hair with her free hand.

“What’s on your mind?” I said, half closing my eyes.

“Nothing big. I was thinking of going to Greystone Park. It has been a while since we went there.”

“Hmm, I think you’re right.” I said in a soft tone before giving Aria another soft peck on her lips. “Wait here. I need a bathroom break first.”

“Sure thing.” My girlfriend said before releasing my hand.

After visiting the bathroom and making sure that Spike had food and water and also kissing his forehead on his sleep, I headed back downstairs to return with Aria. I passed through the living room to let my parents know.

“I’m going to the park with Aria.” I said as I tied up my ponytail.

“Okay, honey.” My mom replied.

“You two have fun.” My dad said.

“We will. Thanks.” I said as I gave my mom a quick hug and my father a kiss on his cheek. I waved at them as I walked away. When I returned outside, I saw Aria sitting on the stairs while staring at her cell phone’s screen.

“I’m back.” I announced myself before it started to feel like I was spying on her. My girlfriend turned her head around and looked up to smile at me before standing up and putting her phone away.

“Hey. I was just letting Adagio know about our plans.” Aria said before offering her arm. I accepted it, placing mine around hers.

“What a gentlewoman.” I said, gazing directly into her eyes.

My girlfriend blushed and looked away. “Adagio made me practice a little.”

I giggled and kissed her cheek. I really should thank Adagio some time for that. Aria widened her eyes and looked at me before smiling.

We started to walk towards the park. Aria kept her eyes focused forward, but I noticed that she was wearing a big smile. I was so happy to see her in a good mood and we had such a good time with Trixie and Sunset which in turn made me happy.

“You’re in such a good mood, Aria. My friends didn’t annoy you too much?”

Aria glanced at me. “No, I actually had a good time. But I’m happy for something else.”

“Oh?” I was curious. “What’s the reason?”

Aria’s smile became wider. “I haven’t seen you for two weeks, cub. Why else?”

“Aww...” I blushed deeply and snuggled my head against her arm. “It has really been too long.”

And it was indeed. After our last visit to ‘Sweet Enchantments’ together, Aria started to say that she was busy whenever I tried to ask her out. We only texted and called each other on the phone since. I didn’t want to be a persistent girlfriend, so I never asked what she was doing every single time and I still won’t. If it’s important, she’ll tell me eventually. I trust her. Instead, I’ll focus on today. “You hesitated a bit when talking to Sunset and Trixie, but eventually got comfortable around them.”

“Yeah...” My girlfriend focused her eyes forward again. “I still felt a little odd around them, but I’m okay. I’ll get used to it one day.”

“I’m really proud of you.” I said, making Aria glance at me, looking surprised. “You came a long way since we first met and I couldn’t be happier.”

Aria smirked. “I’m proud of me too. Who would have thought that this dumb siren would one day get a girlfriend and friends? I didn’t.”

I frowned sadly. “You’re not dumb, Aria.”

“Not anymore.” My girlfriend smiled. “Thanks to you, my sisters and even Sunset Shimmer and company. I’m a better siren for all of you.”

I snuggled my head against her arm again as we kept walking. It didn’t take us long to reach the park, where Aria released my arm to take my hand instead. We explored the park a little, watching families and friends playing. I think I even spotted Apple Bloom, Scootaloo, and Sweetie Belle on the other side of the park. They were with two more friends, one of which I could see was wearing a tiara. I wonder if it’s legit.

Looking to another part of the park I could distinguish some of my classmates, including Lyra and Bon Bon, who were being adorably cute, as usual. Eventually, I turned to Aria again, who was happily looking around the park as well. She’s so beautiful… I remembered my realization of earlier today. I want to tell her my true feelings. I think now is the perfect time… why am I suddenly nervous?!

It should be easy. I know Aria will love me back. She seems as happy as I am. The way she hugged me today as soon as she saw me and how we kissed… she really missed me as much as I did… but the words just refuse to come out!

They’re just three little words… words that will change our lives forever!

I abruptly moved my gaze from Aria, blushing like I never did before. My heartbeat rate also increased considerably. I squeezed my girlfriend’s hand to try to calm down but it didn’t do much. I haven’t felt such anxiety since the first time we met here. It really took me back thinking about that fateful day we met and our meeting here at the park where we made our first real connection. I remember Aria telling me she was not a nice person, and I know that was true, but not anymore. She had changed, so have I. I came a long way since I used to spend all my time in my lab with only Spike at my side, my research and my inventions. I couldn’t see my life without my friends and Aria at my side anymore. Now I was ready, ready to tell her how I felt deep deep down, and take that next big step for us.

I took deep breaths. It took me some time, but I eventually calmed down enough to form words in my mouth.

“A-Aria...”

“Hmm, yes?” Aria smiled at me, but she quickly got worried when she saw how uneasy I was acting. “Something’s wrong?”

I quickly shook my head. “N-No. I just want to tell you something.”

“I’m all ears.” My girlfriend turned around to fully face me.

After taking one last deep breath, I spoke again. “Aria, dating you has made me so happy. I really enjoy spending time with you. The museum, the café, the dinner we had with my family a couple of weeks ago, minus the abrupt end… everything made me happy.” I smiled widely, already feeling tears forming in my eyes. Aria looked odd, though. She didn’t look confused, but rather… shocked? I continued. “I want to tell you something, Aria. Something huge. I… I-” Here it goes! Come on, Twilight. Say it! Say it!

“I love you!” Those words didn’t come from my mouth. My jaw dropped, completely taken aback. All of the sudden, Aria had her hands on my arms while her breathing increased. Sh-She loves me…? She loves me! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Wait, was she scared?

“A-Aria?” I was confused. I could see Aria’s eyes wet, but something told me that they weren’t happy tears.

“I-I love you, Twilight! Please, don’t break up with me! Whatever I did, I can change, I swear!”

WHAT?! From when did that come from?! The sudden change of events left my mind blank. Aria grabbed my shoulders taking firm hold of them and held me close to her. I shook my head to try to make it some sense before speaking. “Break up? Why would I do that?”

“You were talking about all the good time we were having. In some of Adagio’s dumb romance movies, a character spoke like that before saying that they weren’t having fun anymore and ended the relationship.”

I widened my eyes in realization, and then, I started to laugh. Aria must be so confused right now, but I couldn’t help it.

“T-Twilight…?” My girlfriend took a step closer to me and I placed a hand on her shoulder as my laughter started to die.

“A-Aria...” I used a finger to clear what was left of my tears. “I’m not going to break up with you. I’m actually enjoying our dates.”

“Really?” My girlfriend blinked confusedly. “Then… what was that sudden speech about?” Despite her shaken voice I saw her visibly relax a bit.

I smiled and took both of Aria’s hands, gazing deeply into her eyes. “I was going to say that I love you, before you beat me to it.”

“Oooooh...” Aria frowned sadly and looked away. “Then I’m still dumb… wait-” She quickly met my eyes again. “You love me back, then?”

I nodded. “Of course I love you too.”

“Twilight...” Aria cleaned what was left of her tears before taking my hands again and leaning towards me for a passionate kiss. Despite this clearly not being our first time, it felt special. This kiss marked a new beginning and I couldn’t be happier for it.

Author's Note:

Well, this was a fun chapter to write. Going back to the book that started it all and the shipping wars... I hope you guys enjoyed it :scootangel:

I want to thank Windsor and Zalla661 for proofreading and editing this chapter before its release :twilightsmile: