• Published 25th Oct 2018
  • 4,095 Views, 956 Comments

My Chemical Reaction - MysteriousStranger



Still recovering from the Midnight Sparkle incident, Twilight seeks to distract herself with a new book she's eager to read, but she soon discovers that she's not the only one interested in it.

  • ...
11
 956
 4,095

Discharge

Twilight’s POV

Today’s the day! Aria is being discharged from the hospital! I’m so excited I found myself pacing in my room restlessly to the point my pet was telling me to sit. “Twilight, you keep this up you’ll burn a hole in the floor.”

Noticing this, I sat down on the bed and let Spike jump on my lap. “I’m sorry, Spike. I’m just excited to see Aria get out of the hospital today!” I smiled, giving him a head pat.

“Twilight! We’re heading out now!” I heard my dad call from down stairs.

I practically leapt from my bed while making sure to grab Spike and not throw him in my excitement. “Coming dad!”

I kissed Spike’s head, setting him down on the floor. I ran down to stairs and he followed close behind me. I was greeted by my dad at the bottom of the stairs. I skipped the last few steps lunging into my dad with a hug. The both of us laughed as we spun around.

“Someone’s excited.” He stated with a smile.

“Yeah! I've waited so long to see Aria again!”

My dad sighed, rolling his eyes at me. “You saw her not long ago, Twily.” He walked me out and headed towards the car.

I ran around the car and got in, noticing we had a few extra heads with us. My dad was driving Aria’s sisters and me to the hospital to pick her up. I greeted Adagio and Sonata as I secured myself with my seatbelt. I’m practically jumping on my seat! I can’t wait to see her outside again!

“Easy there, Twily.” My dad said after chuckling. “We’ll be there soon.”

“Wonderful.” Adagio said, clasping her hands with a dainty giggle. “I cannot wait to take my dear sister back home. It’s just awfully quiet without her.”

“And I’m ready to give her a big hug!” Sonata said with excitement wrapping her arms around herself.

“She must be dying to stretch her legs." I said, smiling.

“I’m sure what she really misses the most is good T.V.” Adagio said with a smirking smile. “That and regular food that doesn’t taste like cardboard with butter on it.”

I sat there, thinking of the odd analogy Adagio made, not that she was wrong. I know hospital food is very underwhelming. It’s edible at best.

“I wonder if Ham Ham remembers her?” The younger siren said. “He was barely able to see her.”

Adagio and I giggled at Sonata’s childlike manner of thinking. For me the answer was obvious, Aria was too unforgettable. Even for a hamster.

“I think he still remembers her.” The eldest siren commented.

“You will soon have your answer, girls, because we have arrived.” My dad was the one to speak this time. “And look! She’s at the entrance.”

“She’s what?” When I heard my father’s words, I turned my attention to the hospital’s entrance to find Aria, indeed, there, already dressed with her usual outfit which Adagio brought her just yesterday. When she saw us, she smiled and started to walk towards us casually waving us over. After my dad put the car in full stop, I practically threw open the door and ran to give her a big hug. “Aria!”

“Hey, Sparks.” She hugged me back, burying her face in my neck.

“I’m so happy to see you out of the bed.” I said before pulling away from the hug without removing my hands from her shoulder. “But should you really be out?”

“Cub, I had an allergy attack.” Aria stated as she placed her hand on my cheek. “Unless the oxygen turned into peanuts while I was in there, I’ll be fine.”

“But-” I couldn’t continue because I was interrupted by Sonata.

“Aria!” The youngest siren jumped into Aria’s arms. “Yay! You still remember how to walk!”

“Sonata...” I noticed one of Aria’s eyes twitch, but then she focused her attention on Adagio, who was just walking out the car. She carried herself with more elegance in a similar fashion as my friend Rarity. Graceful and dignified.

“Well, well.” Adagio said with a smirking smile. “Eager to leave, were we?”

“Oh, you have no idea.” Aria replied as she gently pulled away from Sonata’s hug.

“I'm glad to see you up Aria. Now come along. Get in the car.” The eldest siren said as she pointed to the car with her thumb. “Time to go home.”

“Music to my ears.” Aria said with a sing song tone before all of us returned to the car. I went back to the front seat while my girlfriend sat between her sisters and my dad looked at her through the rearview mirror.

“Hey there Mr. Night Light.” My girlfriend greeted him.

“Hey kiddo. Feeling good?” My dad asked while looking at Aria through the rear mirror.

“Yes, Night Light, thank you.”

My dad smiled. “Great! Now buckle up. I don’t want my son to pull us over.”

I giggled a little thinking of how that interaction would playout while my father started to drive us to Aria’s home. I turned around and looked at my girlfriend.

“So… my brother told me that he went to see you a couple of days ago.”

“Yeah. We had a nice conversation before duty called.” Sonata started to laugh, so Aria glared at her. “What’s so funny, chuckles?” she hissed.

“You said that ‘duty called’!" The youngest siren said as she kept laughing.

My girlfriend groaned. “Oh, grow up, Sonata!"

“Anyway...” I spoke up again. “What did you and Shining talk about?”

“He came to see how I was doing. I told him how we met and he said that he was happy to see that I’m taking care of you.”

“Oh...” I blushed. “Shining is always in protective big brother mode.”

“Your brother wanted to make sure he was passing the torch to the right person.” My dad commented.

“He’s not passing the torch. He will still come to visit. Right?” I turned to my dad.

“Of course, he will, honey.” My father briefly made eye contact with me before focusing on the road again. “But he can’t defend your honor as much as he would like anymore.”

“He has nothing to worry about. Twilight’s honor is safe with me.” Aria commented with confidence and a smirk. That made me giggle. I always knew I was safe with her around, and now that she was here with us again, I felt even more secure than I did in her absence. It was odd, I knew I had my friends, parents, Spike, even Adagio and Sonata to rely on, but with Aria it was different. I’ve seen firsthand how far she’s willing to go to make me feel better and keep me safe. My heart fluttered as I glanced back, once more, at her smiling at her.

“Yes, Aria, don’t fail or you’ll bring dishonor to us all!” Sonata said with a goofy grin.

My girlfriend glared at her younger sister, which worried me. Is she going to get mad at her again? Sonata lost her grin, but then Aria gave her a small smile. “I won’t bring dishonor to me, nor to my cow.” Sonata smiled before giggling while Adagio nodded approvingly at Aria. I felt relieved, happy to see Aria being kind with her little sister. I hoped now that things settled down, I’d be able to hang out with Sonata more often. Wait, what Aria and Sonata said... I knew where it was from! I gasped and pointed at my alpha. “Oh, I understood that reference!”

"Good." My girlfriend turned her gaze towards me. "Because if you didn't, I would have asked our driver to pull over and force you to leave the car."

I looked at Aria with a smirk. "Nice try, Aria, but my father wouldn't do that to me. Right daddy?"

"I don't know honey; I could be persuaded." My dad said.

"D-Dad!" I turned my head to my father while Aria and her sisters laughed. Don’t encourage him!

My girlfriend spent the rest of the way to her home talking mostly to her sisters, but she still stole a few glances at me from time to time. I can’t imagine how excited she must be for going home again!


“You want me to what?!” Aria asked angrily at Adagio after my dad dropped us all off at her house.

“I think you should lay down for a bit.” The eldest siren said, frowning with concern. “Your allergic reaction was more serious than last time.”

“You do realize all I've been doing for the past several days was laying down, right? I don’t need more rest! I need a break from beds until tonight, so I’m heading out!”

“But, Aria...” Sonata spoke. She was standing next to me while holding Ham Ham. The little orange fur ball was snuggling adorably against her hands.

“No buts! I’m fine now. I wouldn’t be here if I wasn’t, I’m tired of being indoors!” Aria said before pointing at me. “We’re leaving!”

“Wh-what? Aria-” I couldn’t finish because she took me by the wrist and headed towards the door.

“Sister, wait!” Adagio called, effectively stopping my girlfriend. Aria turned around and glared at her. She had her arms folded and had a more serious frown now. I watched as Adagio approached with concern in her eyes. “Isn’t there anything I can do to convince you to stay?”

I glanced at Aria as she replied. “Not unless you can get rid of the roof.”

“But if we do that, we will get wet whenever it rains!” Sonata commented.

I saw Aria’s whole-body twitch like she was about to say something back to her sisters’ comment. To my surprise she said nothing but snorted. I glanced at Sonata but said nothing. That’s two times today she stopped herself from insulting her. Interesting… Turning back towards Adagio I saw her massaging her forehead with a hand.

“I suppose I can’t change your mind.” Adagio said before reaching for her wallet in her purse. She took out some money and gave it to Aria. “Just don’t be late, okay?”

My girlfriend looked at the money then at Adagio. Nodding, she accepted the cash. “Thank you. And don’t worry, I won’t stay out late.” After placing the money in her pocket, Aria looked at me. “Shall we?” I nodded, remaining silent for now. Aria removed her hand from my wrist to interlace fingers with me instead. As we walked out, Sonata waved.

“Bye, Twilight!”

“Bye Sonata, and you too Adagio.” I waved back.

“Take care of her for me, Twilight.” Adagio said.

“I will, I promise!” I answered with a thumb up and a wink. I heard Aria groan at this.

After closing the door, my alpha sighed with relief. She looked at the sky and closed her eyes, took a deep breath and smiled. There’s no doubt that she missed the outdoors. She raised her arms, raising my hand with hers. I was amused by this, but I cleared my throat just in case she forgot I was here. She opened her eyes abruptly and slowly glanced at me, blushing a little. “I, umm...”

“I won’t tease you, Aria. I know how it can be.” I said with a smile.

“You do?”

I nodded. “Before having friends, I sometimes spent a lot of time in my lab. Of course, in my case I chose to be indoors. Before having a social life, I spent countless hours in my lab just with Spike. It helped to keep me distracted from my former school.”

“Oh.” She smiled. “Of course, you did, my genius cub.” I giggled. Oh, Aria~

“So, Aria, I’m sorry for what happened earlier. Just like Adagio, I wanted you to rest some more. I didn’t stop to think how much the time in the hospital affected you.”

“Don’t worry, Sparks. You’re already making up for it by not making me go back. Your visits were fine, but I missed going out with you.”

“Me too.” I said before wrapping my arms around hers and laying my head on her shoulder as we walked. “So… what’s the plan?”

“Hospital food made me miss the real deal. We’re going to Sweet Enchantments.”

“The café?” I quickly looked at my girlfriend. “Are you sure? Many sweets contain peanuts.”

“We already went there a few times and I didn’t have any attacks. I obviously have options there.” Aria said before meeting my gaze. “I haven’t had desserts in so long. I’m having a slice of cake today!”

“I’m with you, Aria. It will be nice to see the staff again.” I’ll make sure whatever she eats is peanut free.

“Yeah, it will.” My alpha said before kissing my forehead. I giggled happily and snuggled my head against her neck. It was hard having to go to the hospital every time I wanted to see her, and sometimes I wasn’t able to go. The night of her allergy attack is still fresh in my mind. The memory won’t stop haunting me any time soon. Thankfully, seeing her being herself helps me to distract from that horrible sight. Gosh, I missed her so much.


“Aria, Twilight, you’re back!” Casey received us with a happy wave as soon as we entered the café. “We haven’t heard from you for quite a while.”

“We’re sorry.” I waved back. “Something serious happened.”

“Oh, no! Everything’s okay?” Casey asked with worry.

“Yup!” Aria replied with a smirk. “I had an allergic reaction but I’m fine now.”

The waitress gasped. “My goodness! What kind of allergy? How serious was it?”

“It could have been worse.” Aria said, shrugging. Casey glanced behind her before looking back at us.

“Wait, let me take you to a table before you tell me more. If you don’t mind, that is.”

“It’s fine, we can tell you.” My girlfriend replied. I smiled a little, happy to see Aria being open with Casey. The waitress led us to a seat close to the counter with the barista, Cain. Aria and I sat down while Casey placed the menus on the table.

“Thank you.” I said, smiling. Casey smiled back before turning to Aria again.

“So, umm… I actually should have told you about my allergy when we first came here.” My girlfriend said. “I can’t eat peanuts.”

The waitress’ eyes widened and she covered her mouth with a hand. “Really?”

“Yes.” I said, nodding. “I didn’t know when I gave her chocolate with peanut filling.”

“But she reacted fast.” Aria said as she reached for my hand, smiling. “She rushed to look for my older sister, Adagio, who had the syringe to stabilize me until the ambulance arrived.”

“That’s a relief.” Casey sighed. “But it must have been so scary.”

“Terrifying.” I commented. “Will you let us know when something we order has peanuts?”

“Of course.” The waitress smiled. “Although we specialize in fruits and chocolate, especially strawberries, some of our products do have peanuts. Don’t worry, I’ll let everyone know.”

“Thank you.” I said, smiling back.

Casey nodded. “You’re welcome. Now, I would like to talk more, but I have to get back to work. I’ll be back when you’re ready to order.”

“Okay. We’ll call you when-” I couldn’t finish talking because Aria interrupted me.

“Actually, I think we’re ready.” I looked at Aria, confused.

“We are?”

My girlfriend smiled at me. “The last time we were here, the day you took me to my first swimming class, the baker, Lúcio, mentioned that you wanted him to bake us a surprise.”

Oh, I remember that! Smiling, I turned to the waitress. “That’s right. I’m curious about what it is.”

“Wonderful!” Casey skipped on her spot, clapping excitedly. “It will take a little while, though. Around twenty minutes, more or less. Shall I bring you something else while you wait?”

“Hmm...” I quickly looked at the drink section of the menu. Aria checked her menu as well. ” I’ll try the vanilla latte. I don’t want to ruin my appetite.”

“What’s this Irish drink?” Aria asked pointing at the menu.

“That has alcohol in it.” The waitress replied.

“Oh!” Aria briefly widened her eyes before focusing on the menu again. “Does the Cappuccino have alcohol in it too?”

“It doesn’t. We can prepare it with either dusted cocoa or cinnamon.”

“Cocoa it is, then. Thank you!” Aria grinned as she passed me the menu so I could give both of them to Casey.

The waitress giggled. “Sure thing! I’ll be back in a few minutes with your drinks.”

“Thanks.” I said as I watched her approach the counter. When Casey gave Cain our orders, he glanced at us and waved. Aria and I waved back before looking at each other. “Aria...” I said as I reached across the table to take both of her hands.

“Yes, cub?” My girlfriend stroked my hands with her thumbs. Aww, I adore her so much…

“I noticed a change.”

“Oh?” Aria raised an eyebrow. “What change?”

“Well, you didn’t yell at Sonata today and even joked along with her, and just now you didn’t hesitate to talk to Casey about your allergy.”

“Oh...” My girlfriend blushed deeply. “Y-Yeah, while I was at the hospital, I had time to think. I realized that I was too much of a jerk towards Sonata. After her kind words back when she visited me and I pretended to be asleep really hit me. So, I thought I should really try to be nicer to her. I had this thought before but I failed to change. This time I’m going to do it for real. Also, Casey seems nice enough. I really feel like I can trust her.”

My smile widened. “I’m so happy to hear that.”

“I know.” Aria smiled. “I want to change, at least a little. I’m not doing it just to make you happy. I really want to do it.”

I looked into her eyes feeling a sense of warmth come over me. “Aria, you’ve already changed so much. But I’m glad to see you trying more and more to open up to others. I’m proud of you.”

“Oh, Twilight.” Aria shook her head leaning closer to me, our eyes locked on to each other as we inched closer and closer.

“Aria...” I squeezed her hands just as my cell phone played a notification sound. Someone sent me a message. I ignored it for now, though, focusing on my girlfriend’s eyes instead.

“Not that I’m complaining for having all of your attention, Sparks, but will you get that?”

“Are you sure? I don’t want to interrupt our date to message my friends.”

“They’re your friends, Twilight. I don’t mind. Besides, what if it’s important? In fact.” Aria said before removing her hands from mine. “I won’t hold your hands until you check your message.”

“Okay, okay. I’ll read it.” I said with a fake pout. “You didn’t have to be evil and forbid me from touching your hands, though.”

My girlfriend chuckled and folded her arms while I pulled out my phone. The message was from Sunset.

Twilight, Trixie’s favorite trick shop is putting some items on sale, including something she mentioned she wishes to buy. If you’re free later, would you like to come with me? I want to surprise her!

Smiling, I glanced at Aria. “It’s Sunset.”

“Hmm, and what did she say?”

“She asked me if I could accompany her later to buy a gift for her girlfriend. I’ll text her back to tell her I’ll go after we finish our date.”

“Oh, so we have a time limit now?”

I giggled. “No, we have plenty of time, don’t worry.” I said before answering to my friend.

Sure! I’m currently on a date with Aria, but I’ll let you know :)

I sent the message and Sunset replied within seconds.

Kay, have fun! ;)

I blushed at her reply before putting my phone away. “It’s settled. Can I have your hands back?” I said as I tried to reach for her.

I flexed my hands reaching over the table for Aria and she stared for a few seconds tapping her chin.

Aria nodded. “Sure.” She said before taking one of my hands and leaning closer to kiss my knuckles, making me gasp and blush furiously. She made eye contact with me as she kissed my hand and smiled proudly. “Looks like I can still leave you in awe.”

I was speechless. Aria released my hand and I left it on the table, still with my jaw dropped. My girlfriend found my expression amusing until Casey returned with our coffees.

“Here’s your drinks!”

“Thank you.” Aria said as she started to add sugar to her cappuccino. The waitress looked at me with a confused expression and I tried feverishly to cover my face behind my hair.

“Is she okay?”

My girlfriend glanced at me and then turned to Casey with a cheeky grin. “Yeah, it’s just that sometimes my flirting is too much for her.”

“Oooooh.” Casey giggled. “I won’t intrude anymore then. I’ll return when your other order is ready.”

“Okay.” Aria said while the waitress returned to her post. My girlfriend looked at me again. “Twilight. Twilight?” She started to snap her fingers on my face but I was still in trance, so she pinched my hand, just above my knuckles. Reflexes made me react as I pulled my hand away.

“Ouch, hey!” I frowned.

“Welcome back, Sparks.” I stuck my tongue at her, making her chuckle. “I’m so doing that again.”

“You caught me off guard, that’s all.” I replied with a huff sticking my nose up, making my girlfriend chuckle. After adding sugar to my coffee and stirring it, I looked at Aria again. Sunset’s text reminded me of something I have been wanting to do with her. She said she's trying to change… maybe… maybe I should take a risk and ask her if we can do something I have been wanting to for a long time. Worst case scenario, she’ll just tell me that she’s not ready. “So… Aria...”

“Hmm? Yes, cub?” My girlfriend smiled at me. Okay, here it goes…

“Sunset and Trixie got hooked with Young Sorceress Academia...”

“They did?” Aria’s eyes widened a little. “That’s cool.”

“Yeah.” I smiled. “I was going to ask them over to my house so they can read and discuss their opinions with me. Do you… want to join us?”

“You’re asking me if I want to hang out with you, the pony and her girlfriend?” Aria frowned.

I’m not sure how to feel when she calls Sunset ‘pony’. She’s not wrong, but is she saying it in an offensive manner or just having fun with nicknames as usual? “Pretty much. You can decline, if you want. I’ll understand. I just thought that you might want to come since I know how much you like the book.”

“Hmm...” My girlfriend kept frowning, this time in thought. “I don’t know. Let me… let me think about it.”

“Sure.” I tried to reach for one of her hands to see if she’s still in a good mood or not. “I’m still not sure when to invite them over. Maybe next week.”

“Okay.” Aria took my hand and squeezed it while smiling. What a relief, she’s not mad! “No pressure?”

I shook my head, smiling back at her. “Not in the slightest.”

Time flew as Aria and I kept talking lightheartedly. Mostly just catching up on what she missed. Before we knew it, Casey came with our surprise dessert.

“Here you go! I hope you enjoy it!” The waitress said as she put the plate on the table. Our order was a small cake with the shape of a heart. It had a beautiful decoration of whipped cream all around the cake, a topping of strawberry sauce with a strawberry cut in half at the center. “This cake also comes with two glasses of milk.” Casey said as she gave each of us a glass full of milk.

“It looks delicious!” I said with a smile. Aria, on the other hand, took one of the forks Casey brought to try it and took a bite.

“And it tastes delicious!” My girlfriend said, grinning and with sparkles in her eyes. Her reaction filled me with bliss.

“I’m glad to hear it!” The waitress said. “I’ll let Lúcio know that you loved it. Bon appetit!” Casey said before bowing and walking away. Still smiling, I tried the cake too. It was really delicious! Also, the cake had a filling of an equally delicious cream. Mmm~!

“Sparks, I think we better cut it in half. I can’t promise I won’t eat from your side if we don’t.” My girlfriend commented before taking another bite.

I giggled. “Okay.” I said before measuring the cake. I made sure to cut as close to the center as possible. “There we go. I better not catch you stealing from my side, missy!”

Aria chuckled. “I’ll try to control myself.” She took another bite leaving her fork in her mouth. “You better not let your guard down.”

I gave her a smirk. “If you try anything, you’ll get no kisses for the rest of the day.”

My girlfriend pouted. “Boooooo! You’re no fun, cub!”

Smiling proudly, I resumed eating my cake secure in the fact it was now safe from Aria’s voracious hunger for sweets. I couldn’t help but to watch her as she ate hers. Knowing that she had such a complicated life until not many months ago, seeing her happily eat brought a big smile to my face.


After eating and paying, we left Sweet Enchantments, holding hands. Aria wanted us to return home right now.

“Is there a reason you wanted us to return already? I thought you would want to spend more time together.” I said, slightly confused.

“I do, but I just remembered that your pink friend will come to bring the cupcakes she promised, and I think I should receive them in person, don’t you think?” Aria said the last as she glanced at me.

“Pinkie Pie wouldn’t mind.” I said before smiling. “But I appreciate that you want to meet her.”

“Your friends were kind enough to visit me without making fun of me. It’s the least I can do.”

“My friends aren’t that kind of people, Aria.” I frowned at her, slightly angry for hearing her think that. “One of the reasons I’m happy to be their friend is because they’re nothing like my bullies from the CPA.”

My girlfriend sighed. “I’m sorry, I can’t help it.” She said, truly looking guilty. “Old habits die hard, I guess. I still feel a little weird for allowing them to see me in a hospital bed.”

I smiled at her as I held onto her arm. “We’re all on the same page here, Aria.”

“Yeah, them and I have you in common. We all like you.” Aria said before smiling and softly touching my nose with her index finger. “But I’m the only one with special privileges.”

I giggled and blushed. “A-Aria, how come you can still get me all flustered?”

“Because you’re crazy about me, Sparks.” My girlfriend said confidently. “I know your weaknesses and I take advantage of them. As a siren we have to be able to single out our targets weaknesses and exploit them.”

“You’re just a big meanie!” I said as I pretended to push her and ran forward.

Aria chuckled and chased after me down the street. I giggled, turning at the corner making a mad dash for the house, when Aria managed to latch onto my waist and spin me around. We laughed from the thrill of our little game of chase and hugged. We made it to her door, she turned to me. “So...” She said as she took a step closer to me.

“Yes~?” I fluttered my eyelids. Aria cleared her throat to conceal her fluster, but I could still see her blush… hard.

“I didn’t eat from your slice, which means...” My girlfriend said as she wrapped her arms around my waist, pulling me close to her.

I smiled, getting on my tiptoes and placing my arms around her neck. “That’s right, you didn’t.”

“Umm...” Aria started to lean closer to me. We said nothing else. I closed my eyes and our lips met for a peck. then into another and another until the kissing turned more passionate. Moaning lightly, I got even closer to her. I felt Aria smile before she lifted me from the ground, making me giggle into the kiss. But then-

“Oh my gosh!” That sounded like… Pinkie Pie! Both Aria and I opened our eyes wide before turning to the source of the voice. My party friend was watching us while holding a box, fully smiling. “I didn’t mean to interrupt, but-”

“Pinkie!” I exclaimed before Aria released me. I almost fell to the floor, but I found my balance. My face got all hot and red and I covered it with both of my hands.

“At first, I was going to wait, but I didn’t want to stay staring! I wanted to say something but I didn’t know what, but then I thought you would turn and see me so I panicked, and… oh my gosh! I’m super, duper sorry!”

My girlfriend and I remained staring at Pinkie Pie for a while, who stared back at us. After what felt like an eternity, Aria cleared her throat. “I-I’ll open the door.” I heard Aria say with a growl before she opened the door. I removed my hands from my face but I stared at the floor as I followed Aria inside like I was making the walk of shame. Pinkie Pie entered behind me.

“I'll leave your cupcakes at the kitchen.” My friend asked.

“Go ahead.” Aria said as she watched my friend walk to the othet room.

“Okie dokie!” Pinkie Pie went into the kitchen and returned seconds later without the box. “I’m going to go now, sorry again to interrupt!”

“Wait-” Aria stopped my friend, who turned around. “Sonata’s in her room in case you want to say hi. Her room is through there, the door on the left.”

My friend gasped before smiling. “I DO want to say hi!” She said before running to the door Aria told her. She knocked on the door and was allowed in not long after.

“Pinkie! What a surprise!” I heard Sonata say.

“Hi, Nata!” Pinkie Pie said as she walked in. Once the door closed, the room Aria and I were in fell silent. I was no longer staring at the floor. Instead, I was looking at Aria, surprised.

“I thought you would let her leave.”

“I don’t know if they saw each other since they visited me at the hospital, so I thought they could catch up or something." Aria said before crossing her arms and looking at me.

“That was nice of you.” I said, smiling. Aria shrugged and smiled.

“I suppose.”

I hugged her. “You really are trying to improve.”

“I’m getting there.” My girlfriend said as she hugged me back. We didn’t break the embrace until Sonata’s door opened and she walked out alongside Pinkie Pie.

“Aria, I’m going with Pinkie to the arcade.”

“She said she never played in one before, so I invited her to come along! Dashie and Applejack will be there!” Pinkie’s voice boomed with excitement.

“Oh, okay.” Aria tried to smile. I saw her struggle. She really isn’t in her element. “Have fun.”

“You can come with us if you want. Unless you and Twilight have plans.” My party friend said grinning. Sonata and I stared at Pinkie Pie before glancing at Aria. My girlfriend frowned in thought. She glanced at me, then at my friend. After a few seconds, she spoke up.

“I’ll… go with you. The arcade could be fun.”

“Yay!” Both Sonata and Pinkie Pie raised their arms as they cheered in unison, making Aria groan. I shook my head and placed a hand comfortingly on her shoulder.

“Adagio’s not here, right?”

“Nope!” Sonata shook her head. “Her boss called after you left. She’ll be working until late at night.”

“Oh, then you don’t need to leave her a note.”

“Let’s go!” Sonata said as she took Aria from her wrist and led her outside. “Our friends are waiting for us!”

Giggling, I followed them outside, where Aria broke free and locked the door.

“Wait a second, let me say goodbye.” My girlfriend said before approaching me. She smiled and gave me a soft peck on my lips. “See you later. Oh, and about the book club you want to do… I think I’ll be there.”

I grinned and hugged her tightly. “Thank you so much, Aria!” I said before meeting her eyes. “I’ll let you know when it is.”

Aria gave me a smirk. “Sure.” She said before returning to her sister and Pinkie Pie.

Sonata excitedly held my girlfriend from her arm as they walked away and Aria didn’t push her away. The trio glanced at me and waved. I waved back and watched them walk down the street until they turned around the corner and walk out of sight. I sighed happily and started my way to Sunset’s house while wearing a big smile. Today I saw a different side to Aria. Different in a good way. Everyone visiting her while she was at the hospital have really made a positive change on her. I’m so proud of her! Excited I texted Sunset to let her know I was on my way. I can’t wait to tell her everything!

Author's Note:

Aaaaand Aria and Twilight are back in business! :pinkiehappy:
Let's see if for my next big fic I can avoid hospitals. Don't ask me why I always send characters there. I don't really know :twilightblush:

And Aria's finally trying to be nicer! :yay:

I want to thank Windsor and Zalla661 for proofreading and editing this chapter before it's release :twilightsmile: