• Published 25th Oct 2018
  • 4,129 Views, 956 Comments

My Chemical Reaction - MysteriousStranger



Still recovering from the Midnight Sparkle incident, Twilight seeks to distract herself with a new book she's eager to read, but she soon discovers that she's not the only one interested in it.

  • ...
11
 956
 4,129

Experiment Results

Twilight’s POV

This was strange. A-Aria… was here… at Canterlot High! I never thought I would see her here, in my school. And yet, she’s here… she’s here! At Canterlot High!

She came here to talk to me. What can be so urgent for her to come all the way here? Not to mention interrupt the class! Aria was right in front of me. I glanced around the room. Rainbow Dash was glaring at Aria suspiciously, as expected. My teacher, Miss Cheerilee, was shocked and clearly upset for having her class interrupted. She didn’t know what to do, but she gave Aria a harsh look while tapping her foot impatiently. As for my classmates, none of them seemed happy to see her. While some were angrily glaring at her, others seemed absolutely terrified to see her. That seemed odd at first but then I recalled Aria and my friends saying they had prior history. Did something happen between my classmates and Aria too? I knew she didn’t get along with my friends, but the students reactions made me think that whatever happened between Aria and my friends was bigger than I thought.

I turned my head back to face Aria. Her expression… she seemed determined. Her eyes were narrowed and focused solely on me, making me feel very self conscious. Although I would normally be happy and melting on the inside for having her so close, given the circumstances, I was worried and extremely confused. The silence left me with a feeling of dread and felt like an eternity. Since it seemed that Aria wasn’t going to break the silence, I spoke up. I had so many questions I wanted to ask.

“Aria… what are you doing here?”

Aria stared at me intensely. My heartbeat increased as the tension continued to rise. My eyes focused on hers. She didn't have her characteristic twin-tails and star hairpins, instead her hair was down and unkempt, which made me think that she probably just woke up. I tried to reach out for her hair and opened my mouth. However, before I could say something, Aria took hold of one of my hands with both of hers, effectively heating up my body. Her head was dropped, completely avoiding my gaze. I heard many of my classmate’s gasp in shock by the sudden movement.

“Twilight…” She made a brief pause as she bent her knees. She got eye-level to me. A few moments passed, each feeling longer than the last, before she slowly looked up at me. She still looked mostly determined, but I could see traces of nervousness in her face, even fear. “I-I want to be more than friends with you!”

Again, my classmates gasped, but this time I joined them. “Wh-Whaaaaaat?!”

The shock made me step back, crashing with my desk. But Aria kept her strong grip on my hands and pulled me back closer to her. Did she just… did she really…? Was she… was she?! Ohmygosh ohmygosh! She is! The way she’s holding my hand with both of hers, the way she’s smiling at me… was she also nervous? As the thought crossed my mind, I saw her look away for a moment, her cheeks flushing before looking back at me. She WAS nervous! It wasn't just me!

My heart is beating so fast I feel like my chest will explode at any moment. I’m so happy! Wait, she’s not saying anything else. What was she waiting for? Is she waiting for me to say something? The entire class was completely silent, so silent one would be able to hear a pin drop. Everyone was watching us, the weight of their glances weighed heavily on me. Normally, I would feel small and shy getting this much attention, but at this very moment I was so happy that I didn’t care.

“A-Aria…” I finally got myself to speak again as I got my other hand on hers while I smiled. “Hearing you say that is a dream come true. I-I don’t know what to say…” Then the sound of someone clearing their throat stopped me from speaking further, as my blood ran cold.

“Miss Sparkle,” Both Aria and I turned up at Miss Cheerilee. She adopted a serious posture tapping her foot in rapid succession. “While I’m happy for you and your… friend, I’m afraid that it’s an inappropriate time to have this discussion. I’m going to have to ask you friend to leave the class and not interrupt again.”

My heart sank. She’s right, we shouldn’t be doing this right now, though it saddened me greatly to think that I was blowing off Aria.

I looked away from my teacher, ashamed. “I-I’m sorry, Miss Cheerilee. I got caught in the moment.”

“Yes, you did. However-” Miss Cheerilee shook her head giving us a gentle smile. “I do know how you’re feeling right now. If you wish to take a minute and speak in private with your friend in the corridor, I may allow it.”

Would she?! I felt my spirits rise again. Thank you, thank you! I opened my mouth, intending to thank her with words, but Aria spoke before I got a word out.

“No, it’s alright.” I quickly turned to my friend, confused. Why did she turn the offer down? Aria looked at me, smiling widely. “Twilight, I like you for who you are. Ditching classes is not your thing.”

Oh, Aria... she’s always looking after me. “Listen-” she said before placing her hands on my shoulders. “Just wait, okay? Finish the class first and we'll meet after it’s over.”

“There’s always lunch time.” My teacher said firmly, Aria looked back at her.

“Thank you.” Aria said, to her before looking back at me. Still smiling, she used her thumb to close my mouth. “I’ll see you later, yes?”

She had me in awe. I couldn’t say anything, so I just nodded. Aria rubbed my head before taking a step back. She looked around to address the room.

“Uh… S-Sorry for the interruption. I’ll be leaving now, so…” She smiled weirdly and walked away giving me a thumbs up as she slipped out the door. I couldn’t help but giggle at Aria’s goofy display.

“Alright… let’s proceed with the class, shall we?” My teacher continued with the class.

Many of my classmates glared at me, others just stared at me. I still didn’t mind though. I’m still in a great mood. Such a great mood! Rainbow was still in shock, but after having a few minutes to process what had happened she seemed to lighten up, even giving me a friendly thumbs up. I could notice that her smile was a little strained, though. She might still have doubts with Aria, but she’s still supportive of me. She’s a good and caring friend, loyal to the end. She might make mistakes sometimes, but her heart is always in the right place.


When lunchtime arrived, I rushed out of the classroom with an unusual amount of enthusiasm. I could barely hold my excitement! I’m about to get a girlfriend! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I was running, with a wide smile on my face, but I stopped abruptly when I realized something. I had no idea where to meet with Aria! Oh, no. No, no, no! The lunch period won’t last long. Where did she go? Why didn’t I ask her where we should meet?! I am the smartest dumb person in the school! Just as I was about to drop on my knees, I heard a familiar voice calling from behind me.

“Twilight!” I turned around and found Sunset, smiling at me. She wasn’t alone. Vice-Principal Luna was standing with her arms crossed giving me a stern look.

“Sunset, Vice-Principal. Is there something wrong?”

“Apparently not,” Luna said, looking at the students around us. “Many students started to report the return of The Dazzlings. I was looking into it, but Sunset Shimmer assured me that they are your friends. Is this true?”

“That’s right.” I fully turned to properly face the Vice-Principal. Nervousness overcame me and before I knew it, I was rambling on to Luna. “I know there’s a history with them, but they have been nothing but nice to me. Well, Aria and I actually started with the wrong foot, but-”

“Twi…” Sunset shuffled closer, smiling awkwardly.

“S-Sorry…” I blushed, embarrassed from my momentary ramble. She was right, now was not the time.

“Is that so?” Luna asked, with a serious expression, raising an eyebrow.

I nodded. “I uh, y-yes?”

“Hmm…” The Vice-Principal remained with a serious face for a few moments, then, she smiled again. “Very well, I believe you. You do realize I will have to keep my eye on her as long as she’s here, right? She’s technically not enrolled anymore so she’s trespassing. Please conduct your business with her and I’ll see to it she is escorted off the school grounds without incident.”

I smiled and then turned to Sunset when she started to speak.

“I told Aria to wait for you at the rooftop. You should have some privacy there.” She winked at me as she said the last sentence. I blushed hard, but I widen my smile.

“Thank you, Sunset. I-I’m not sure how long I’ll take, so, don’t wait for me!” As I said the last, I turned around and headed towards the library as fast as I could.

“Good luck, Twilight!” I heard Sunset say as I left.

I wasted no time. I ran, dodging students in the corridors, climbed the stairs to the second floor of the library. I stopped by the door which lead to the rooftop to catch my breath. When I was finally able to breathe normally, I opened the door to the roof. It didn’t take me long to find Aria. She was standing near the ledge, with her back at me and a foot on the ledge. Her long beautiful hair flowing in the wind as she stood there made her look amazing.

I grinned in awe as my heart started to beat faster. While my body was getting hot, my legs were beginning to move on their own. I walked into the rooftop, closed the door and started to approach to Aria. Half way through, Aria turned around. I stopped dead in my tracks and gazed up at her. When she saw me, she went from looking surprised to happy. Her beautiful smile had me paralyzed, like prey before the predator. This girl will be my doom.

“Come on, Sparks,” My crush said, as she stepped away from the ledge. “Get closer. Or would you prefer if we speak from this distance?”

I quickly shook my head. “N-No! I-I’m going!”

I walked quickly until I was right in front of her. Once more we met gazes all we did was stare into each other's eyes for some time. I was entranced by her beautiful light purple eyes. I could watch her all day. Suddenly, Aria took hold of my hand in hers and my eyes widened as I glanced down. She had a strong grip, but her hands were soft to the touch, as I recalled her demonstration of her siren strength at the park from before. She was strong and powerful but also gentle and kind.

“Let’s sit.” She said, with a soft tone.

I nodded and sat down with Aria on the ledge. Both of our legs were hanging from the roof, my heart began to race as I looked down, Watching my feet dangling over the ledge to the far ground below. Aria scooted closer to my side and held both of my hands in hers, giving me a sense of security. She also leaned closer to me, which made my heart race even faster. I could easily see her blush and her radiant smile being this close. Her long hair bangs tickled my nose, and I giggled at the sensation while she combed her hair back with her hand.

“Twilight… ever since we met, a lot happened between us. Good and bad, but I evenrually started to care for you and call you my friend. I never thought much of friendship until I met you. Trusting someone other than my sisters, spending quality time with anyone wasn’t my thing, until I met you. Deep down, I know I have been sharing your feelings for a while, but my experience with love before you was terrible. It left me scared… broken,” She paused, touching her chest with one hand and then she reached out and touch my chest where my heart is beating furiously. “But you’re different, so different from my first crush. Unlike her, you’re caring, sweet and you genuinely enjoy being around me.”

My smile turned into a grin as I took hold of Aria’s hand. The way Aria was looking at me… there’s no doubt in my mind she likes me just as I like her. Her words sounded sincere and full of happiness, but I also sensed some hidden sadness. I didn’t know that she used to have a crush, though. Whoever her first crush was must have really hurt her, and to the point where she didn’t trust anyone except her sisters? Who could do such an awful thing? I should worry about that later, for now I wanted to comfort her.

“Oh, Aria. I-”

Aria silenced me by putting a finger on my lips. She smiled at me, gently rubbing my lips with her finger.

“I’m not done yet,” She said before removing her finger, sliding it down my bottom lip. She’s really going to kill me at this rate, and I would happily accept it! “Twilight, I know that I still have a long way to go. I still have much to tell you, and I need to work on my attitude, especially towards your friends. But I promise you, I’ll work on that. I don’t like seeing you sad, and I hate it when I’m responsible for it. Kindness doesn’t come easy for me, and it feels like it goes against my very nature, and yet… there’s something about you that makes me want to try.”

She closed her eyes and put her forehead against mine. I instantly felt her warmth and closed my eyes enjoying our tender closeness. She then whispered, “I have changed so much since we first met, and I want to keep improving. For you. So… Twilight…” Aria squeezed my hands and smiled widely, opening her eyes at the same time as me. Her words were starting to make me cry of joy. “Will you… be my beta?”

OH.MY.GOSH! I couldn’t believe my ears. She asking me the big question! I couldn’t contain myself anymore. In one brief moment of joy I felt my heart explode and my vision became blurry with tears. I lunged forward wrapped my arms around Aria’s neck and hugged her tightly.

“YES, YES! Nothing in the world would make me happier, Aria! I’ll be your beta! I’ll be your girlfriend!” I hiccupped somewhere between sobbing and screaming with joy.

Aria chuckled and put her arms around my waist, hugging me back. Her hand gently pushing against my lower back rubbing my it comfortingly and helping me relax.

“Sparks…” She whispered still in our embrace, Aria and I moved our heads so we could look at each other.

Our faces were just inches away, our noses almost touching. She gets even more beautiful the closer she is. She always said she used very little makeup, and now I can really see why. She was just naturally beautiful and makeup would only cover that beauty. She put one of her hands on my head and ran her fingers through my hair before moving it to the back of my neck. Then, she slowly pulled me closer to her. OH.MY.GOSH! My mind went blank as she closed her eyes and I closed mine just before her lips pressed against mine.

A warm sensation passed through my body, and I shuddered like a cold breeze came over me. It was like being struck by lightning as the realization struck me. We were kissing!

As we kissed, Aria pulled me closer and I was fully ready to embrace her back, but the sound of music made us break lip contact. I recognized it. It’s the ringtone I have for Aria! I quickly searched in the pocket of my vest and pulled out my phone. “You’re calling me, Aria. Where’s your phone?”

“In my pocket- oh…” Aria stood up and searched in the pockets of her jeans as I stood up as well. “Shoot, I butt-dialed you! My bad.” She gave me a smirking smile. “But… can’t argue with the timing, huh? You chose quite a song for me.”

“W-Well…” I gazed into her eyes. “I thought about you when I first heard it, and I just had to use it…”

Aria’s blush also became deeper as she nervously fidgeted with her hair. It was so cute! I really loved her softer side. “Oh, c-cub…”

I giggled. “Don’t you mean… ‘beta’? Aria I thought you wanted to be serious with me?” I pretended to be hurt. “Have I been downgraded so quickly?”

I looked away pretending to be hurt, even dramatically gripping my shirt over my heart. I waited until Aria began to panic, and she stumbled over her words to try and comfort me.

“W-what? No-I mean yes! You are my beta!” With my face hidden, I grinned as I listened. “I care for you Twilight! I-”

Before she could get another word in, I quickly rounded on her and reached out to her. She stared in shock as my hand reached up and with my thumb and index finger, I gently pinched her nose just like she does to me. She yelped leaning back and covering her nose, and I felt a great sense of joy seeing her reaction, wide eyed in shock.

“T-Twilight, you..” She muttered as I grinned.

“That’s what you get for always teasing me!” I giggled, reaching out to hug her. “I’m sorry, Aria, I just couldn’t pass the opportunity.”

“Oh… Oooooh, cub, you little-” She paused. “Well then I guess that as the alpha I’ll have to assert my dominance over you,” I quickly looked up feeling my heart race again as Aria looked at me with a shark like grin.

“Eeep.” I squeaked at her toothy grin as she leaned in closer. “So... you really aren't going to use ‘beta’?”

“I can use both…” She said, as she took a step closer to me.

My eyes widened as she placed a single arm around my waist and pulled me closer to her. Is she going to… again?! I was paralyized again under her gaze. She slowly leaned closer to me. Yes, she is! I closed my eyes and held my phone with both of my hands. I had to tiptoe a little in order to reach her. With the ringtone still playing, we kissed again this time without interruption.

I took my time to savor her warm lips and I felt like I truly belonged with her. We were a full-fledged pack now, my alpha and I. My eyes got wet and I felt a tear ran down my face. I think it touched Aria, because she softly pulled away from the kiss and looked at me.

“Is everything alright, Twilight?” She asked as she placed a hand on my cheek, using her thumb to gently rub my face. I nodded, still crying but smiling. Then, I buried my face on her shoulder, wrapping my arms around her tightly.

“Y-Yes… I’m just so happy...” I didn’t try to make my happy tears stop. Aria kept one of her arms around my waist and placed her other hand on the back of my head to hug me. She also buried her face on my shoulder. I could feel her between my hair.

“I’m happy too, Twilight. I haven’t been this excited about something in a really long time.”

I have no idea how long we remained in each other’s arms. I just couldn’t get enough. I liked the sensation of her arms around mine. I liked the way her hair smelled, and I adored how she kept stroking and scratching my hair with affection. I didn’t want to let her go. Not just yet, but-

*Grumble* *Grumble*

My stomach… aww, not now!

Aria slowly pulled away looking down at my belly. She chuckled before smirking at me. “Your tummy sure loves calling for your attention.”

I turned deep red with embarrassment. She never misses a chance to tease me. “W-Well… I’m supposed to be eating lunch right now...”

“Keep it like this and we might have all of our dates be in restaurants and cafes.” I giggled before Aria put her arms around my waist and took a step closer to me. “Speaking of which… I suppose our little experiment was a success?”

I smiled lovingly and wrapped my arms around her neck. “A complete success. We didn’t reach the five dates we agreed on, but it doesn’t matter.”

“That was your fault, cub,” She gave me a soft peck on my lips. “You were the one who couldn’t stop being cute.”

I giggled. “My fault? You were the one who couldn’t hold back any longer!”

“Look who’s talking. Do you spontaneously kiss all of your friends under the moonlight?”

I gasped and then pretended to dramatically slap her on her face. She chuckled, gently pushing me back playfully in return. “I would never! I love my friends, but I only have space for one special someone in my heart.”

Aria smiled as she leaned her head closer to me, making my heart pound harder. “I was just joking, but… hearing that made me even happier.”

*Bump* *Bump* *Bump*

I felt as if my heart wanted to burst out of my chest. Aria Blaze… it’s a true wonder how I managed to hide my feelings for so long.

Still with my eyes locked on hers, I used my hands to take her long hair and make the twin tails she always uses.

“Sparks...”

“Don’t get me wrong, Aria, I still think you look beautiful, but… I’m used to the way you usually wear your hair.”

She smiled and I could see her blush deeply, which made me squeal internally, I held back the sound so I didn't make a scene. She’s so into me! Then, my girlfriend, I can get used to that, chuckled. “Sorry, I left in a rush and didn’t bring my hairpins.”

“What a pity. Then I’ll have no choice but to remain like this.”

“And I wouldn’t have a problem with that.” Aria said before pinching my belly with her fingers. “But you need to eat something, now.”

I giggled before playfully touching her nose with my index finger. “What’s with you and my belly?”

“I just want you to have lunch.”

“Five more minutes?” I said before resting my head on her chest. I could hear her heartbeat going frenzy, which filled my own heart with bliss. “I’m not ready to part ways just yet. We just became a couple.”

“Twilight...” Aria started to stroke my hair. “We’ll see each other later. I don’t want to go either, but you have classes. Besides, I need to run back home so I can properly comb my hair. The wind is moving my hair all over my face. It’s annoying me!”

I chuckled, watching her wipe her hair out of her face before making eye contact with her. “I’ll call you, okay? Unless you call me first.”

“Deal.” We smiled at each other before I tiptoed to plant my lips in her in a soft kiss.

Then, with great reluctance, I unwrapped my arms. I sighed sadly, but when Aria noticed my pout, she offered me her arm. “My beta is familiar with this building. I would hate to get lost.”

I started jumping up and down excitedly, with a wide grin on my face. “Yes, yes!” But then I saw the amusement look in my girlfriend’s face. Embarrassed, I cleared my throat and placed my hands behind my back, adopting a more formal posture. “You’re quite correct, my dear alpha. I shall escort you to the exit, then.”

Aria nodded. “Wonderful.”

I smiled before linking arms with her. “Very well, let us be off.”

I led Aria towards the door to the roof and we climbed down the stairs together back into the school. As we walked through the library and the corridors, I noticed how students gasped and moved away from us. I even saw how one of my classmates, Lyra, standing protectively in front of her girlfriend, Bon Bon.

I shifted my view from them and saw Applejack’s sister chatting with a girl wearing a tiara. When Apple Bloom’s friend saw Aria and me approaching, she took hold of Applejack's sister arm and moved her away. Apple Bloom gasped in fear while her friend watched Aria suspiciously. Everyone was glaring at Aria with hostile intent behind them.

My glance moved towards my girlfriend. She was frowning, barring her teeth seeing how everyone backed away from her. When Aria’s eyes met mine, her look softened before she turned her head away from me. Just before she did so, though, I noticed that she seemed to be ashamed. I have been avoiding to ask about her past, but I can’t ignore what I saw today. Aria, please, tell me what happened soon.

When we reached the corridor which led to the front door, I forced my worries out of my head. Aria was still avoiding my gaze, so I placed a hand on her cheek and made her look at me. “Aria...”

My girlfriend looked at me. She smiled, but something told me that it was a fake smile. “Come on, Sparks, don’t be so sad. I’ll see you soon.”

I smiled back at her. “Not soon enough. I forgot to tell you; I’m meeting with my friends after class.”

“Then I’ll wait until you call me.”

I nodded. “I will, I promise.”

“Okay.” We gazed into each other’s eyes for a few moments before Aria placed her hand on my head and leaned in to kiss my forehead. She then patted my head. “See you later.”

“See you.” I removed my hand from her cheek and she turned around.

I watched her walk away down the hall, as Vice Principal Luna caught up with her and walked close behind her. I was relieved she was with her so nothing would happen while she was here. Before turning around the corner, she glanced at me. I waved at her and she waved back before she left. With her gone, I sighed happily and turned around to return to my friends, only to crash into a door.

“Ouch!”

I placed both of my hands on my nose after my sudden impact into the door. That hurt! Fortunately, it wasn’t bleeding. I rubbed my nose until the pain ceased. Now that I was alone, my worries returned. Right now, what I wanted the most was to run to my friends and ask them to tell them everything about their first meeting with Aria and her sisters, but I can’t. A promise is a promise. Breaking it wouldn’t be a good start for our relationship.

I sighed before turning around and walking towards the cafeteria. I noticed how most people stared at me. Ignore them, Twilight. Whatever happened, it’s in the past. Aria is sweet and cares deeply about you. She’s not a bad person. She’s not-

“Hey, Twilight!” I stopped dead in my tracks when a familiar voice called me. I slowly turned around to find Flash Sentry slowly walking towards me, with his hands in his pockets.

Oh, no… “Umm… I just heard something, and… uhh...” He looked uneasy. The last time I saw him, he was mostly nervous and tried to ask me on a date out of the blue, but that wasn’t the case now, which raised my curiosity. “My friends said that one of the Dazzling’s burst into your classrooms and… c-confessed to you?”

He hesitated when saying the last word. He also looked hurt. Oh, poor guy. I can only imagine what he’s going through. With how strong my feelings on Aria are, if she were to reject them… wait, I do know exactly how he’s feeling, When I first revealed my crush to Aria, in the brief moment I thought she was going to say she didn’t reciprocate them, I was devastated. I cried and pushed Aria away until she managed to calm me down. The pain of the heartbreak was unbearable. And now Flash Sentry is here, asking me if the rumors are true. I’m about to crush his heart... I won’t enjoy this at all.

“Flash...” I took a deep breath before continuing. “It’s… true. Aria and I… are a couple. I met her just before transferring here and became good friends.” As I spoke, the boy looked away from me. I felt so bad... “I’m sorry...”

“Don’t be.” He still wasn’t looking at me. “I’m actually the one who should apologize.” Flash said as he met my gaze. “Sunset made me realize that I was too direct the last time we spoke. I was trying to find the courage to start over, but...”

“I'm so sorry Flash, I really am. But we don't really know each other, it wouldn't have worked out.”

“No, it's alright. It was my mistake. I was the one who was too direct. I... let myself confuse you with someone else. Don't worry, I will be okay.” He gave me a reassuring smile, but I still felt guilty. I thought on comforting him by placing my hand on his shoulder, but I still felt weird around him. He’s still a stranger to me. However, something behind him caught my eye. Or better said, someone. It was Muffins. She was standing by her locker and was looking directly at us, most specifically, at Flash.

“Is that your friend?” Flash turned around and smiled when she saw the blonde girl.

“She is, yeah.”

“She’s cute.” I said, looking from Muffins to Flash. “Have you ever considered...”

Flash’ cheeks get red. “M-Me and Muffins? I-I don’t know.” He looked at me. “We have known each other since forever. Besides...” He sighed. “It will take some time for me to recover...”

“I-I understand...” Feeling awkward, I took a step back. “L-Listen, I have to go. I haven’t eaten my lunch yet.”

“Alright. See you.”

“Bye...” I turned around and walked as fast as I could towards the cafeteria. Before turning around the corner, I glanced towards Flash Sentry again. He didn’t move from where he was, but I saw that Muffins was comforting him. The sight made me smile. They would really make a good couple if Flash takes the leap.


“Over here, Twilight!” Sunset waved at me after I reached the cafeteria. I grinned at her as I rushed to the table. “Since I knew you would take your time, I got you a hamburger. There’s still time before lunchtime is over.”

“Thank you, Sunset.” My friends’ consideration made me smile widely. I sat down and took a huge bite from my hamburger. “Mmmm~ I was so hungry.”

I focused on my food. Only after taking a few bites I looked at my friends. They were all staring at me. Rarity had a huge grin on her face and the rest were smiling, except Rainbow Dash. She looked confused. “Oh, umm… I suppose you want to know about what happened at the rooftop...”

“Darling, I want every detail, please!” Rarity stood up, placing her hands on the table, but Applejack made her sit again.

“She will tell us if she wants to.” My farmer friend said, as she glared at Rarity.

“Ugh, fine!” Rarity pouted and crossed her arms.

Sunset patted Rarity's shoulder reassuringly before looking at me giving me a kind understanding smile.

“No pressure, Twilight. If you don’t want to talk about it, we’ll understand.”

“But I do want to say what happened!” I smiled as a blush formed in my cheeks. “I was looking forward to meeting with you again to tell you everything.”

“Yes, thank goodness!” Rarity cheered as she triumphantly raised her fists. Then she realized that we were staring at her, so she took a moment to recompose herself. She placed her fist on her mouth and cleared her throat before crossing her legs and resting her hands on the table. “I mean, we’re all ears, Twilight.”

“Thanks.” I smiled before clearing my throat. “Aria coming here was really unexpected, and her confession… caught me off guard.”

“But… you were already dating.” Rarity commented. “Honestly, darling, I think that it was a matter of time before she did.”

“True… trying out dating has her idea, and she was getting more… affectionate every date, but still, I didn’t see it coming. Let alone after the third date. We agreed to try out five dates before deciding.”

“Well, Twilight, it appears that you were too much for her to hold much longer.” Trixie said. She was sitting next to her girlfriend. Her eyes were closed and her arms folded. She smiled at me before continuing. “Congratulations.”

“Yeah, congratulations, Twi!” Pinkie Pie cheered while Fluttershy nodded, smiling. “We’re all super-duper happy for you!”

“Yes, I am very happy.” Rainbow Dash said. She had her arms folded and looked very uninterested. After she spoke, Applejack slapped her on her arm. “Hey! I’m being honest!”

“Then say it like you mean it.” Our farmer friend said.

I smiled gratefully at my friends. “Thank you, girls. I’m really excited for this. But... ” I sighed sadly.

“What’s wrong, Twilight?” Fluttershy worriedly asked.

I didn’t reply right away. I could trust my friends with anything, but it still wasn’t easy to talk about this. “It’s just... I’m worried about what happened between you and Aria. Everyone kept glaring hatefully at her. Some were scared and others had their guard up. It’s getting hard to keep my promise. I have been wanting to date Aria for a long time and I don’t want to mess up just as we became official.” I placed my elbows on the table and covered my face with my hands. “I don’t know what I should do...”

Silence. My friends didn’t say anything but then, someone spoke. I recognized Applejack’s voice. “Twilight, yer datin’ Aria, which means that you care about her and she cares about you.”

I removed my hands from my face and glared confusedly at my farmer friend. “Y-Yeah, we do care for each other. We did even before we started to date.” I blushed and smiled before continuing. “Aria doesn’t like to see me upset, especially if she’s the reason.”

“If that’s the case, then ah think you should be honest with her.”

“I should?” I asked, feeling just a little uneasy.

“Yes, Jackie’s right, darling.” Rarity said. “You two are really in love. I think you can talk about those things.”

“But people hate her. What if I start to hate her too?” I got worried. Aria is so nice to me, but… will I keep liking her if I discover what happened in her past?

“It happened long ago, and we have seen Aria and her sisters behaving better since you met them.” Sunset explained. “Adagio and Sonata seem to enjoy seeing us. They have moved on. They don’t hold a grudge against us. From what I have seen and heard about Aria; she has moved on as well. The Aria we knew wouldn’t care less about how you felt. And, look at her! She marched into the school, knowing that she wouldn’t be received with open arms, just to ask you to be her girlfriend. There’s nothing to hate about her, Twilight. Her priority is to make you smile. Nothing else.”

Sunset’s words made me smile and blush. I just can’t help but to feel bliss whenever I think on how much Aria cares for me. “So… you don’t think I’ll hate her?”

Sunset smiled softly before replying. “I have been through a similar situation before, and now, I’m surrounded by friends, I have a girlfriend and no one seem to be afraid of me anymore.”

“That’s true, darling.” Rarity spoke next. “And Rainbow Dash didn’t trust Sunset that much either.”

“But Sunset asked for another chance.” Our athletic friend spoke up, still with her hands crossed. “She approached us.”

“Adagio and Sonata have approached us too, and they’re quite friendly.” Rarity said.

“I’m wary, okay?” Rainbow Dash said before looking away. “I’m not entirely convinced yet.”

“Ugh, don’t mind her, dear. She’s just being over protective that’s all,” The fashionista said before smiling at me. “You know Aria better than we do. Adagio told me how nice she is to you. I'm sure that if you ask her, she will understand.”

“You really think so?” I asked, smiling.

“Absolutely.” Rarity’s smile widened. “In relationships, you must let your partner know if something’s bothering you. Prove that you trust her, and she will do the same in return.”

“You’re… right.” I sighed.

“So… yer goin’ to see her today after school?” Applejack asked.

“No.” I turned to my farmer friend, still smiling. “I promised to go with you to Sugarcube Corner. I would never ditch you guys to see my girlfriend.”

“I’m glad to hear it.” Fluttershy commented, smiling a little.

I smiled at my timid friend before returning to my hamburger as my friends talked about different subjects while I joined when I saw it fit. They helped me to ease my worries. The next time Aria and I meet, I’ll try to talk to her about her past.


After school ended, my friends and I headed towards the exit. I noticed that some people were still staring at me, but I still didn’t care. I was even humming happily.

“I’m sorry that you’re the center of attention, Twilight.” Sunset commented, also noticing the stares.

“It’s alright. I’m actually so happy that I’m not paying any attention to them.” I said, keeping my smile.

“That is just so ADORABLE!” Rarity squealed.

“Not so loud, Rarity!” Rainbow Dash complained as she scratched her ear. “Now I’ll be deaf from this side.”

“So… will Aria join us on our next pajama party?! Or any party?!” Pinkie Pie excitedly asked.

“I don’t think so, but her sisters might if I ask them to join.” I replied.

“I’m sure that I would be able to convince Adagio to join us.” Rarity commented. “The poor girl works so hard. She could use a breather once in a while.”

“And there’s no way Nata will say no!” Pinkie Pie said. “She’s always ready to have fun!”

“The more the merrier, right?” Sunset said, smiling.

“I suppose.” Trixie shrugged.

We walked out the school, where I immediately spotted a familiar face.

“Hey, Twily!” Right in front of the school, my brother was waving at me while standing in front of his civilian car.

“Shining? What-? Oof!” I wasn’t able to say anything else since my brother trapped me in a bear hug.

“It’s good to see you again, Twilight!”

“Can’t… breathe…!”

“Oops, sorry!” Shining Armor released me and I immediately started to gasp for air. When I recovered, I looked at him. What was he doing here? He didn’t visit me at school since I transferred. Unless… is he here for Miss Cheerilee?

“Shining, what a surprise.” I said, still shocked.

“A pleasant one, I hope.”

“Of course.” I smiled at him. “Are you here to see my teacher?”

“Actually, no. I’m here for you.” My brother smiling at me. “Dating Cheerilee made me realize how poorly I have been using my free time. I have barely seen you since I joined the force, and I want to fix that. I’m here to take you home, unless… you have plans with your friends…?”

“Aww, that’s nice of you, Shining, but… I do have plans with them. Oh! By the way...” I grinned, turning to my friends. “Shining, meet my friends. Friends, this is my Big brother, Shining Armor.”

“Hello.” My brother waved at my friends.

“Hey.” Rainbow Dash greeted him.

“A pleasure to meet you.” Rarity smiled.

“They seem to be good girls, Twily. I’m glad you met them.” Shining said as he turned back to me. “When you transferred schools I was worried about you.”

“Yeah, they’re quite amazing...” I commented before hearing Rainbow Dash clearing her throat. “And awesome...” then Pinkie Pie cleared her throat. “And fun...” and lastly, Trixie cleared her throat. “And great and powerful.”

My brother chuckled. “That’s a lot of ands.”

I giggled. “Yeah. They’re all that and more.”

“Well, I don’t want to keep holding you. I’m going to go so-”

“Shining, is that you?” All of us turned to where the voice came from to find Cheerilee approaching while smiling.

“Oh, Cheerilee!” My brother quickly accommodated his tie, even though he wasn’t wearing one. “Hello-aaaaaaah!” Shining tried to walk towards my teacher but he tripped with a trash can. He fell to the ground, spilling all the garbage out on the ground. I think the entire block could hear the noise he made. Some of my friends laughed while the others helped him to stand up. “Thank you...”

“Goodness.” Miss Cheerilee worriedly covered her mouth with a hand. “Are you hurt?”

“Just my pride.” Shining smiled as he cleaned his clothes. However, his smile was forced. I could tell he was feeling a lot of pain.

“Are you sure?” Cheerilee asked, still worried.

“Yeah, don’t worry. I have been hit worse. Once my partner hit me with her baton by accident.” My teacher and I gasped.

“Wait, how did she hit you by accident?” I asked, confused.

“We were searching for a suspect in an abandoned factory and she mistook me for someone else when I walked into the same room she was. I was lucky to not have any broken bones. Chrysalis is really strong and doesn’t hold back.”

“I’m glad that you’re strong, then.” Cheerilee walked closer to him while smiling, attempted to hug my brother, but then turned to me and my friends. “Oh… now that I remember, I’m not sure if I feel comfortable showing affection in front of my students.”

“But they’re not my students, so-” Shining said before hugging my teacher. I gasped and turned to my friends. Rarity squealed but Applejack quickly covered her mouth while Rainbow Dash made a disgusted expression. Pinkie Pie just stared, oblivious and Fluttershy and Trixie looked away.

“Sh-Shining!” Miss Cheerilee froze completely in shock.

“You can just break the hug if you want.” My brother said with a smile. I could see how much he enjoyed the embrace. It has been so long since I saw him this happy.

“I will… eventually.” My teacher returned the embrace, smiling as well. The muffed squeals of Rarity became louder, but Applejack scolded her.

“Control yerself, Rarity!”

The couple broke the hug several moments later and gazed at each other.

“Do you have somewhere to go, Cheerilee? I can give you a ride.” My brother said.

“Thank you, Shining. I’m just heading home. I don’t really have work to do.”

“Alright then, hop in!” Shining opened the door for his girlfriend and then ran to the driver’s side. He turned to me before getting in. “Have fun today, Twily. I hope we can do something on my next day off.”

“I’ll make sure to reserve the day just for you, big brother. Bye!” I waved at him and he waved back before entering his car and driving off. When I could no longer see his car, I turned to my friends.

“So… that’s why Miss Cheerilee was smiling so much today.” Rainbow Dash commented.

“Yeah, they met just before Spring Break.” I said.

“How could you not tell us, Twilight?” Rarity was grinning. “They are such a cute couple!”

I giggled. “I wanted it to be a surprise.”

“This is just marvelous!” The fashionista excitedly said as we started to walk towards Sugarcube Corner. “Not only do you have a girlfriend, but Shining has one too! You have so much to tell us!”

“Please, not all at once. Have mercy.” My athletic friend complained.

“Don’t worry, Rainbow, I won’t.” I smiled at my sporty friend, who returned it.

Rarity shook her head. “You’re no fun, Rainbow Dash.”

The subject of our conversation changed to our classes as we continued walking. Not only I’m officially dating Aria, but my BBBFF also promised to visit me more often. This is the best day of my life!


Later on, the same day, I was in my room with Spike. I already told my parents about my relationship with Aria and they got so happy! They hugged me and proposed to celebrate. We’ll have dinner at a restaurant, so I have to get changed. Before I do that, though, I wanted to share the news with Shining. I was unable to do so after school since Miss Cheerilee appeared. But I kept being sent to his voicemail. I wished to hear his immediate response, but I couldn’t hold myself any longer. In the end, I left a message telling him the news.

“Congratulations again, Twilight! Seriously, I’m very happy for you!” Spike said as he excitedly wagged his tail.

“Thank you, Spike. I’m so excited about this! For so long I have been wanting this, and now it’s real! I-I still can’t believe it. I’m so happy!” My grin slowly faded and my pet noticed.

“What’s wrong, Twilight?”

“Oh, Spike...” I sat on my bed, looking away from him. “You should have seen how everyone looked at Aria when she walked into Canterlot High. They were scared and on their guard. Apparently, whatever she did didn’t just hurt my friends. It affected the entire school. I no longer feel comfortable with Aria hiding her past from me.”

“So, what are you going to do?” Spike asked as he jumped on my bed to lay on my lap. “Will you ask her?”

“Y-Yes...” I said before petting him. “I need to know. My friends advised me to do so. She can’t get too mad at me, right? She did say that she would want to tell me eventually.”

“Yeah, I also think you’ll be fine. Aria really likes you, so I don’t think she will stop talking to you just for that.” Spike said, wagging his tail.

I giggled softly. “That would be too extreme from her part.” I then picked up Spike and hugged him. “I love you, Spike.”

“I love you too, Twilight.” My pet said as he snuggled against me.

Our hug was interrupted when my phone vibrated and played the notification sound I chose for my brother. “Oh, he sent me a voice message.”

“Play it, play it!” Spike said as he jumped excitedly.

I chuckled before speaking. “Alright, alright.” I hit play, and right after, my brother’s voice filled my room.

“LOVE IS IIIIN BLOOM!” It caught me by surprise. I almost dropped my phone. I can’t believe he used my own song against me!

“Well...” Spike said as he scratched one of his ears. “I think it’s safe to say that he’s happy for you too.”

Blushing deep red, I turned to Spike. “Y-Yeah...” I should have known my big brother would do that.

A few moments later, someone knocked on my door. “Twily-” it was my father. “Are you done changing?”

I gasped. I completely forgot! “Not yet, dad! Just give me five more minutes!”

“Okay, honey. If you’re not done by then we’ll leave without you.”

“N-No! I’ll hurry!” I yelled, as I rushed to my closet.

For the time being, my worries about Aria faded. I have a dinner I don’t want to miss!

Author's Note:

It's finally here, the chapter you have all been waiting for! :pinkiehappy:

I'm so, so, so sorry for taking so long. I would have uploaded two weeks ago, but my computer broke and I lost everything :ajsleepy:
Fortunately I had a contingency plan and could save most of the chapter's progress, but I still wasn't inspired to write for a few days :ajsleepy:
Again, I'm sorry. I could never predict this could happen :fluttershysad:

I want to thank Windsor and Zalla661 for proofreading and editing this chapter before its release :twilightsmile:

P.S. I also gathered inspiration from this comic when writting the bursting into the classroom scene :scootangel: